General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Cam Akers Official Thread

Postby Sriracha » Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:49 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:57 pm
Sriracha wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:55 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:12 am His value is dropping fast. Provided Henderson doesn't suffer a similar injury, Akers role is not going to be lead back of the Rams any time soon.
Huh?
Darrell Henderson is going to have a significant role in the Rams offense. The idea that Akers would come back and have a chance at being the lead back again, which some thought possible in the off season, because many didn't think much of Henderson, is all but gone, barring a major injury to Henderson. Many people were still wanting first plus, for him at that time. That's not happening at this point.
Way, way too early to say that...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:10 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:49 pm

Huh?
Darrell Henderson is going to have a significant role in the Rams offense. The idea that Akers would come back and have a chance at being the lead back again, which some thought possible in the off season, because many didn't think much of Henderson, is all but gone, barring a major injury to Henderson. Many people were still wanting first plus, for him at that time. That's not happening at this point.
I don't think so. IF Henderson keeps playing the way he has, and he's healthy next year, Akers won't be a bell cow/lead back. I say that with a high degree of certainty. It was always doubtful he would be, coming off that injury, but many didn't think much of Henderson. Akers is a committee back next year, at best (meaning assuming his rehab goes well) if things hold. I think it would be delusional for anyone thinking that this version of Henderson wouldn't have a significant role next year, at the expense of a guy coming off an achilles assuming a 3 down bell cow role.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:15 pm

I'll side with FF here. The uncertainty of Akers effectiveness once he comes back is still there. Henderson has played better than even I thought. I've admittedly never been a fan, but on a strong offense who will be nursing a lot of leads, he's a great RB play this year. He's been great for my redraft. I'd imagine people in dynasty are holding and hoping to get more of this in the future.

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:14 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:12 am His value is dropping fast. Provided Henderson doesn't suffer a similar injury, Akers role is not going to be lead back of the Rams any time soon.
Agree on this 100%

jman3134
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jman3134 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:01 pm

Based on opinions...? How is his value dropping?
12 team, 35 man rosters, 1/2 PPR, 10 round rookie/FA draft
Qb: Geno Smith, Matthew Stafford, Trey Lance
Rb: Jonathan Taylor, Joe Mixon, Austin Ekeler, Saquon Barkley, Cam Akers, Isiah Pacheco, Jeff Wilson, Chase Edmonds, Pierre Strong, Jordan Mason, Jaleel McLaughlin
Wr: DeAndre Hopkins, Mike Evans, Diontae Johnson, Darnell Mooney, Marquez Valdes-Scantling, Jakobi Meyers, Laviska Shenault, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Denzel Mims, Richie James, Michael Wilson, Demario Douglas, Trent Sherfield
Te: George Kittle, Darren Waller, Taysom Hill, Isaiah Likely
K:
D: Dallas D

SoftwoodGrampian
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby SoftwoodGrampian » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:31 pm

jman3134 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:01 pm Based on opinions...? How is his value dropping?
There’s another thread I go into some detail. Just the fact that DH is established makes the ‘3 down back’ Cam Akers less likely than a committee. I’ve also had two Achilles tears and know first hand how they will approach him. RB tend to take longer to regain their conditioning and explosiveness. At best it’s a committee where he eases in and if perfoming well, earns more playing time than DH. A lot of people are also using Marlon Mack as a litmus and poo poo McGoo there.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:36 am

Huh?
Henderson isn't being relegated to mop up duty if/when Akers is able to return. The kid can play.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:50 am

Huh?
I don't know how you can watch Henderson and see his production this year and make this statement. The keys will not be handed to Akers
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:51 am

murphysxm wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:50 am

I don't know how you can watch Henderson and see his production this year and make this statement. The keys will not be handed to Akers
💯 That is a pipe dream at this point
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:51 am

Even Akers truthers shouldn't be expecting bell cow role anytime soon. That said, there's no reason he can't be fantasy viable in a committee. There are very very few bell cows in the NFL today.

I see his injury as the bigger issue. If he can make it back healthy, I think he will be incorporated. Also, let's not pretend Henderson is immune from injury. This situation could look entirely different a year from now.

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:05 am

CGW wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:51 am Even Akers truthers shouldn't be expecting bell cow role anytime soon. That said, there's no reason he can't be fantasy viable in a committee. There are very very few bell cows in the NFL today.

I see his injury as the bigger issue. If he can make it back healthy, I think he will be incorporated. Also, let's not pretend Henderson is immune from injury. This situation could look entirely different a year from now.
All very true, but I think it's important to at least consider that going into next year, Akers getting an aggravation of his injury or some other injury crop up due to a change in his biomechanics is likely a larger risk than even the to date injury prone Henderson...

So, the Akers owner that's hoping for a future featured role in LA isn't just hoping for Akers getting healthy enough to force a committee, but also hoping that the (in my educated opinion) higher injury risk Akers stays healthier than Henderson.

What I would do at this time is try to sell Akers to the Henderson owner for a second rounder...hope he takes it. Second rounders don't have a really high success rate, but at least they're (presumably) healthy bets.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:13 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:51 am

We saw Sony Michel produce in this offense and get the lion's share of touches in the game and a half that Henderson missed.

He produced at the same clip that Henderson did and then went right back to playing as a reserve... it seems pretty obvious that McVay prefers to have a workhorse RB in his offense...

Which begs the question, will Akers be better than Henderson after he returns? At this point, who knows but these overly confident opinions are based on extreme recency bias and heavily extrapolated data on a small sample size injury.

Until we know the answer to that these conclusions seem overzealous.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:22 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:13 pm

We saw Sony Michel produce in this offense and get the lion's share of touches in the game and a half that Henderson missed.

He produced at the same clip that Henderson did and then went right back to playing as a reserve... it seems pretty obvious that McVay prefers to have a workhorse RB in his offense...

Which begs the question, will Akers be better than Henderson after he returns? At this point, who knows but these overly confident opinions are based on extreme recency bias and heavily extrapolated data on a small sample size injury.

You think the concept that Akers is unlikely to come back and be a bell cow next year is overly confident? It's just being realistic.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:00 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:22 pm

You think the concept that Akers is unlikely to come back and be a bell cow next year is overly confident? It's just being realistic.
Saying it's a pipe dream, or slamming the door on the possibility he emerges as a workhorse in the future is what I consider to be overly confident.

I get that my opinion is in the minority, though... so we'll just have to see how things shake out at his point.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:04 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:00 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:22 pm

Saying it's a pipe dream, or slamming the door on the possibility he emerges as a workhorse in the future is overly confident at this point, imo.

I get that my opinion is in the minority, though... so we'll just have to see how things shake out at his point.
Ah. I see. The pipe dream comment. It's optimistic thinking for sure, but I see your point that it's not out of the realm of possibility. I just think it's a lot less likely than it was 2 months ago.