General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Cam Akers Official Thread

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:47 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:36 pm
KingsKing wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:34 pm
thebeast wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:02 pm WOW. Akers designated to return from IR. Who could have seen that coming?
coach has been talking about it for a few months now . Personally id like to see them take it slow with him and give him 3-4 weeks to work back into shape before returning him to game action .
Don't mind him he's just taking a victory lap lol
They are already carving Akers bust out for the HOF, I've heard.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:30 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 3:43 pm
thebeast wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:02 pm WOW. Akers designated to return from IR. Who could have seen that coming?
Surgical advancements and rehab is simply way better these days. Good for him!

The last 3 I know of came back in under 8 months. E. Sanders, M. Hooker, and now it looks like Akers.

These guys must really work hard. :thumbup:
Oh yeah Manny Sanders did recover pretty quickly

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:20 am

looks like cam is playing this week.

will he put up enough yards to finish as a top 10 rb?

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:39 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:20 am looks like cam is playing this week.

will he put up enough yards to finish as a top 10 rb?
He won’t be the lead back since they will work him back in slow. I anticipate a handful of carries.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:24 am

I have only one share of him, I will be selling the second he hits an NFL football field
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:46 am

Don’t trust the health angle I take it? I got smashed this year by the Akers/Dobbins/Etienne injuries, having 7 shares of Taylor helped to keep them competitive but w/rb cores built around my fav ‘20 and ‘21 rbs I couldn’t sustain anything if there were additional injuries and there were. Akers bears watching but honestly if the Rams were willing to roll him out 5.5 months after an Achilles, that kind of aggressiveness says something about their confidence in his rehab. I’m in wait and see mode until the ‘22 season is underway. If I like the sell price then I might consider divesting.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:01 am

murphysxm wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:24 am I have only one share of him, I will be selling the second he hits an NFL football field
The emergence of Henderson this season likely will dampen the return by a lot.

The other thing that sucks about being an owner of both Cam and Henderson is we are looking at a likely time share.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:34 pm

Looks like the same old Akers to me. Definitely would've been top 10 barring significant injury.
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:15 am

Shankopotamus wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:34 pm Looks like the same old Akers to me. Definitely would've been top 10 barring significant injury.
Amazing that he played this year at all. BUT, Guy had 1 big run with as big a hole as you'll ever see in the NFL. Another run of almost 10 where he just took a pitch and ran with perfect blocking to the outside. He looked pretty good, but he still takes way too much unnecessary contact for my liking. Averaged 3.2 YPC where that average was boosted by fantastic blocking. The 40 yard catch was a trick play, literally anybody could have done that. Don't get me wrong, I think Akers is a solid back, and it's cool he's recovered so quickly.

However, I didn't see that much that most back couldn't do, and honestly, the "barring significant injury thing" is just that. I see a back that runs in a manner that invites injury. I could be wrong, but I think Akers will get overhyped (maybe not to the same degree as he was last off season) to the point where he's a sell. I drafted Akers as a rookie, and traded him last off season, because I didn't think he warranted the top 5ish type ranking he was getting. Rams offense is very inviting, I'd want an early first in a 1 QB league, to part with him, at this point, but I certainly wouldn't pay that. I think the Rams run a committee style offense next year, the league is trending that way, and I think Akers is probably a RB2 type player. I still don't buy the top 10 for next year. I don't think he'll be on the field enough for that. As for this last season being top 10, who knows? Saying definitely would have been something that never happened defies logic.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:39 am

DJB wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:01 am
murphysxm wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:24 am I have only one share of him, I will be selling the second he hits an NFL football field

The other thing that sucks about being an owner of both Cam and Henderson is we are looking at a likely time share.
akers will be the main back. there's no doubt about that.

henderson will get his change of pace carries.

the rams are a different team with akers on the field.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:46 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:39 am

IDK man, I feel like people see what they want to see. Akers is a good back, but he really didn't do that much that most backs couldn't do, as I already said. He's not special, but he definitely adds an element to the Rams offense in certain formations. Henderson does too, though. I just don't think either can do it for 20 plus touches a game for an entire season. Remains to be seen how McVay will share the carries, and what they do about the RB3 spot. They had 2 guys in Akers and Henderson who couldn't play for large parts, or all of the season, and Akers couldn't stay healthy last season, either. I very much doubt the Rams want to be forced to trade for a RB again. I think that backfield will have plenty of competition for snaps, and personally, I want the cheaper option.

In terms of the younger backs that have been put in a lot of conversation together: Going forward, I'd still want Dobbins over Akers, but I'd want Akers over Etienne.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:01 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:46 am

Despite the fact Sony Michel was the more productive back by quite a large margin tonight?. IDK man, I feel like people see what they want to see. Akers is a good back, but he really didn't do that much that most backs couldn't do, as I already said. He's not special, but he definitely adds an element to the Rams offense in certain formations. Henderson does too, though. I just don't think either can do it for 20 plus touches a game for an entire season. Remains to be seen how McVay will share the carries, and what they do about the RB3 spot. They had 2 guys in Akers and Henderson who couldn't play for large parts, or all of the season, and Akers couldn't stay healthy last season, either. I very much doubt the Rams want to be forced to trade for a RB again. I think that backfield will have plenty of competition for snaps, and personally, I want the cheaper option.

In terms of the younger backs that have been put in a lot of conversation together: Going forward, I'd still want Dobbins over Akers, but I'd want Akers over Etienne.
all rams fans were ecstatic with the way akers played today. he is so much more explosive than sony and runs just as hard.

akers and sony would make a fantastic pairing if that's what the rams want to do moving forward. sony can make the hard yards then akers can come in and also make the hard yards as well as the explosive plays. did you see sony running free? it was like a turtle running out there. henderson cannot be trusted to have any large role in an offense. he just gets dinged up too easily.

and i couldn't disagree more about akers only doing what most backs would do. he creates yards by himself. hard, tough yards. once he and stafford get comfortable in the passing game he will tear apart any defense.

cam akers was the missing link for the rams this season.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:16 am

Kurt G.O.A.T. wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:01 am

Despite the fact Sony Michel was the more productive back by quite a large margin tonight?. IDK man, I feel like people see what they want to see. Akers is a good back, but he really didn't do that much that most backs couldn't do, as I already said. He's not special, but he definitely adds an element to the Rams offense in certain formations. Henderson does too, though. I just don't think either can do it for 20 plus touches a game for an entire season. Remains to be seen how McVay will share the carries, and what they do about the RB3 spot. They had 2 guys in Akers and Henderson who couldn't play for large parts, or all of the season, and Akers couldn't stay healthy last season, either. I very much doubt the Rams want to be forced to trade for a RB again. I think that backfield will have plenty of competition for snaps, and personally, I want the cheaper option.

all rams fans were ecstatic with the way akers played today. he is so much more explosive than sony and runs just as hard.

akers and sony would make a fantastic pairing if that's what the rams want to do moving forward. sony can make the hard yards then akers can come in and also make the hard yards as well as the explosive plays. did you see sony running free? it was like a turtle running out there. henderson cannot be trusted to have any large role in an offense. he just gets dinged up too easily.

and i couldn't disagree more about akers only doing what most backs would do. he creates yards by himself. hard, tough yards. once he and stafford get comfortable in the passing game he will tear apart any defense.

cam akers was the missing link for the rams this season.
About half Akers yards tonight came on runs that anyone could have made. Literally nobody near him until the 3rd level. Akers has played 2 games, he's had 22 carries for 55 yards. He's a good back, but nothing special. He does get some hard yards, I will conced that. However, I feel like people just want him to be this elite RB, and I don't think he is. He's good. He's had a few good games through 2 years, and racked up multiple injuries. He was overhyped this off season, IMO, garnering a ranking he didn't deserve, and I feel like people are trying to push that narrative again. I think, personally, there is a lot of ownership bias with it. People who roster him, are really high on him, and due to the hype and his value last off season, they will push that narrative again. That's my opinion on it. He's on a team with an elite offense around him, so next year, he better put up those numbers, or it's going to be Miles Sanders all over again. (Well, maybe not that bad. I expect Akers to score a TD) :lol:

If I'm wrong that's fine, I liked him coming out, I drafted him. I just couldn't pass up the value I got, in Gibson and a mid first (SF/TE premium) for Akers and late 2nd. Got a RB1 season out of Gibson, and a turned that first into another really good player, so I won't have any traders remorse or anything, that's not where I'm at with this. I just don't see a top 5 RB in the guy, like so many did last off season. I think he's definitely going to be the lead back in terms of touches next year, but I think it will be about 60/40 with Henderson, with both having shown no ability to be on an NFL football field consistently through their careers, and the Rams not wanting to be scrambling for RB's come playoff time.

BabyChark23
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BabyChark23 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:29 am

IDK man, I feel like people see what they want to see. Akers is a good back, but he really didn't do that much that most backs couldn't do, as I already said. He's not special, but he definitely adds an element to the Rams offense in certain formations. Henderson does too, though. I just don't think either can do it for 20 plus touches a game for an entire season. Remains to be seen how McVay will share the carries, and what they do about the RB3 spot. They had 2 guys in Akers and Henderson who couldn't play for large parts, or all of the season, and Akers couldn't stay healthy last season, either. I very much doubt the Rams want to be forced to trade for a RB again. I think that backfield will have plenty of competition for snaps, and personally, I want the cheaper option.

That quote is true of the inverse too. The haters gonna hate no matter what he does. Also, over half of Sony’s yards came on his first run. Aside from that he had 2.3 ypc average. Not sure how you say he was the more productive back.

Kurt G.O.A.T.
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kurt G.O.A.T. » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:34 am

yeah, everybody values different rbs differently. i couldn't have been more in on johnathan taylor this season in redraft. others were hesitant about him.

i was sitting at #5 in my money redraft league and was all set to take taylor there. every site had him in the 2nd round. unfortunately the guy sitting at 4 took zeke. i was shattered. henry was sitting there for me and there was no way i could pass on him, even though it killed me to give up my taylor dream. it was good for the first half of the season at least.