Cam Akers Official Thread

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: Cam Akers Official Thread

Postby dynastyninja » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:45 am

Pretty brutal for Akers (and fantasy owners). This year is gone and I assume there's a good chance he's not full speed next year. Not droppable, but his value has to be more than cut in half by the news.

CL3VELANDBR0WNS
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby CL3VELANDBR0WNS » Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:59 am

His range of outcomes is RB1 overall to RB100. This could be the biggest what-if in fantasy football history.
I think you absolutely have to hold. You will get nothing in return to help you this year and if he looks like his old self, you will regret it forever.
The first guy Cam Akers should call is Kevin Durant. I don't think there's ever been an athlete that has recovered that well from an Achilles injury quite like KD in a sport that requires even more athleticism.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:08 am

CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:59 am His range of outcomes is RB1 overall to RB100. This could be the biggest what-if in fantasy football history.
I think you absolutely have to hold. You will get nothing in return to help you this year and if he looks like his old self, you will regret it forever.
The first guy Cam Akers should call is Kevin Durant. I don't think there's ever been an athlete that has recovered that well from an Achilles injury quite like KD in a sport that requires even more athleticism.
Plenty of athletes have returned at a high level from this injury, just not running backs.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

JTLoh
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JTLoh » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:48 pm

CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:59 am You will get nothing in return to help you this year and if he looks like his old self, you will regret it forever.
There is still alot of love for Akers, sell now, you CAN get something.....

My league mate just got Chris Carson for Akers.
While I'm not the biggest Carson fan, I think that's a WIN for the Akers owner. (the one who trader Akers)
CONTENTION 2
QB - D.Prescott, J.Hurts
RB - J.Jacobs, C-Patt, JRob, BRob, D.Pierce, TDP, H.Haskins
WR - Ceedee, J.Jefferson, JuJu, A.Pierce, Meyers, NWI
TE - M.Andrews, Brevin, J.Woods, L.Thomas
Defense: Cowboys/Viks

CELEBRITY DEATHMATCH
QB - Mahomes, Cousins, Love, Mond, Rush, M.White, Strong
RB - C-Patt, Singletary, K.Herbert, Foreman, Hubbard, Lindsay
WR - Lockett, Hollywood, OBJ, Golladay, AJG, Hardman, Meyers, Osborn, ISM
TE - Kelsey, Ertz, G.Everett, Bryant
Taxi - BRob, TDP, Ingram, A.Smith, K.Phillips, Metchie, Shakir, Tolbert, Thorton, J.Woods, S.Thompson

ALL THE MARBLES
QB - TB12, J.Hurts, Stafford
RB - Ekeler, Zeke, C-Patt, Mack, Rhamondre, BRob, R.White, Foreman
WR - AJ Brown, London, Watson, A.Pierce, Burks, OBJ, Golladay, Amon-Ra, Marshall
TE - Gronk, T.Higbee, D.Arnold, Ebron
Defense: Bills/Saints

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:26 pm

Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:08 am
Plenty of athletes have returned at a high level from this injury, just not running backs.
This is spot on. The history is not on his side. Marlon Mack is going to be a decent litmus test
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:27 am

dynastyninja wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:45 am Pretty brutal for Akers (and fantasy owners). This year is gone and I assume there's a good chance he's not full speed next year. Not droppable, but his value has to be more than cut in half by the news.
And probably quite a bit more than cut in half, at that.

Over in the trade forum he was just moved for Damien Harris and most people replying are saying it was a good deal for the person getting Harris. He was worth a lot more than two Damien Harris's before the injury.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:26 am

Vcize wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:27 am
dynastyninja wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:45 am Pretty brutal for Akers (and fantasy owners). This year is gone and I assume there's a good chance he's not full speed next year. Not droppable, but his value has to be more than cut in half by the news.
And probably quite a bit more than cut in half, at that.

Over in the trade forum he was just moved for Damien Harris and most people replying are saying it was a good deal for the person getting Harris. He was worth a lot more than two Damien Harris's before the injury.
I'll be holding if the price is one patriot RB.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:01 am

CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:59 am His range of outcomes is RB1 overall to RB100. This could be the biggest what-if in fantasy football history.
Someone brought that up before and it ignores that Durant is an all-time great player and an outlier. Dominique Wilkins is as well.

It's going to be easier for players to play better in the MLB and the NBA after a tear, even though it still comes with a significant amount of difficulty to do so. This is what Durant was going up against history wise with NBA players and achilles tears: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/kevin-d ... 06839.html

Basically a history of players who decline after the tear.

Here are the only comparables we have to NFL RBs:

Here's a longer thread on it:https://twitter.com/KentWeyrauch/status ... 9758093313

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:22 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:26 pm
Orenthal Shames wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:08 am
This is spot on. The history is not on his side. Marlon Mack is going to be a decent litmus test
The problem there is barring an injury he’ll never get a significant real time work load while he’s in IND.

Dr.Graffin
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dr.Graffin » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:57 pm

Have an offer on the table of giving what should definitely be a bottom 4 pick 1.9-1.12 in 2022 for Akers. My team is in a major rebuild (standard league scoring). Is this an overpay for Akers at this point?
12 Team Non-PPR, 6pt TDs-22' R/U, 23' R/U
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 2Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: P. Mahomes, R. Tannehill
RB: D. Achane, D. Henry, J. Mixon, A. Ekeler, M. Sanders
WR: T. Hill, D. Smith, D. J. Moore, D. Samuel, T. Higgins, D. Hopkins, O. Beckham, D. Wicks, J. Metchie
TE: T. Kelce, C. Kmet, H. Henry, M. Gesicki
K: J. Tucker
D/ST: Baltimore, Jacksonville
2024 Picks: 4.9

12 Team .5 PPR, 6pt TDs
1QB, 2RBs, 2WRs, 1TE, 3Flex (W/R/T), 1K, 1DST
QB: J. Love, J. Herbert
RB: S. Barkley, J. Cook, I. Pacheco, Br. Robinson, D. Singletary, D. Pierce
WR: D. J. Moore, J. Waddle, Z. Flowers, T. Higgins, C. Watson, J. Downs, J. Dotson, R. Shaheed
TE: T. McBride, H. Henry, M. Gesicki, C. Okonkwo, J. Woods
K: T. Bass
D/ST: Jacksonville, Indianapolis
2024 Picks: 2.7, 3.2, 4.11

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:19 pm

Dr.Graffin wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:57 pm Have an offer on the table of giving what should definitely be a bottom 4 pick 1.9-1.12 in 2022 for Akers. My team is in a major rebuild (standard league scoring). Is this an overpay for Akers at this point?
To me, yes that is to much capital on the gamble
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:25 pm

murphysxm wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:19 pm
Dr.Graffin wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:57 pm Have an offer on the table of giving what should definitely be a bottom 4 pick 1.9-1.12 in 2022 for Akers. My team is in a major rebuild (standard league scoring). Is this an overpay for Akers at this point?
To me, yes that is to much capital on the gamble
I’d also prefer the first.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:42 pm

Keep the first, easily.
16 team league

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:44 pm

JTLoh wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:48 pm
CL3VELANDBR0WNS wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:59 am You will get nothing in return to help you this year and if he looks like his old self, you will regret it forever.
There is still alot of love for Akers, sell now, you CAN get something.....
Michael Thomas is in the same situation now.
16 team league

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:48 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:01 am
Someone brought that up before and it ignores that Durant is an all-time great player and an outlier. Dominique Wilkins is as well.

It's going to be easier for players to play better in the MLB and the NBA after a tear, even though it still comes with a significant amount of difficulty to do so. This is what Durant was going up against history wise with NBA players and achilles tears: https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/kevin-d ... 06839.html

Basically a history of players who decline after the tear.

Here are the only comparables we have to NFL RBs:

Here's a longer thread on it:https://twitter.com/KentWeyrauch/status ... 9758093313
And…. ?

That’s a sample size of 11.

I do agree Akers is significantly riskier now… but I’m not going to run out to worst case scenario over a sample that small filled with players that were not in comparable situations..