Post Draft Top 12 Rankings

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
mild
Legend
Legend

Re: Post Draft Top 12 Rankings

Postby mild » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:48 pm

remedy29 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:19 pm Dobbins is not a rare talent (5th RB taken tells you that).
OK, if that's what you believe...

You're going to be kicking yourself when he takes over this backfield in 2021.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:53 pm

remedy29 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:19 pm
mild wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:54 pm
remedy29 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:32 pm 6. JK Dobbins - Landed in an excellent spot as he is not built to be a true workhorse RB, but 200 carries in Baltimore's offense will make him very relevant. Not sure he contributes much in the passing game based on his skill and playing with Lamar in Baltimore.
Oh you must mean the OTHER JK Dobbins, the one that didn't have 800 touches for 5000 all-purpose yards in 3 years at Ohio State...

A hearty "lol" to anyone that doesn't think this man can't carry a backfield.
I'm pretty sure Dobbins won't have too many Rutgers level talent on their schedule.
Dobbins did have a huge carry total last year...one he needed too to rebound his draft stock, but that does not mean he can carry that into the NFL...regardless how many fantasy fans drool over the workhorse 3 down RB fantasy. Fact is, they are rare and Dobbins is not a rare talent (5th RB taken tells you that).
Crap, someone go tell Kamara

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:39 pm

perkinsrooster wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 2:51 pmNo Akers? Where do you have him? I have picks 10 and 11 and my QBs are Wentz and Cousins (1qb). I didn't think I needed a qb but after what Philly did maybe I do? I also have picks 2.02 and 2.03 so was hoping Burrow might fall there.
Akers needs so much work and I just don't know if he'll be a long term RB in this league. 4 years? Maybe. Because of this he's far outside my top 12. Here's my article on him: https://dynastyleaguefootball.com/2020/ ... p-rbs-1-4/
Tvols wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:16 am
dlf_mikeh wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:41 pm 1. CEH
2. Dobbins

3. Swift
how big a difference you have between CEH and swift not a fan of CEH so having the 1-01 and 1-04 I am in an obvious rebuild and I just love swift moren but the value of CEH maybe to great to pass up or if i can trade down a couple of spots. I like this list but i would swap Mims and lamb.
Kinda big. The jump from 1.02 to 1.03... it's up there. I'd be excited to get either of those top 2 guys. It's hard to quantify with value but I'd definitely feel disappointed if I had the 1.03 and didn't end up getting one of those 2 guys.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:42 pm

mild wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:48 pm
remedy29 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:19 pm Dobbins is not a rare talent (5th RB taken tells you that).
OK, if that's what you believe...

You're going to be kicking yourself when he takes over this backfield in 2021.
Dobbins being the 5th back says he's not a rare prospect. If he has an HOF type career, he can be considered a rare talent. Him taking over the backfield in 2021 would not prove he's a rare talent. If anything, it would prove he's not. Him taking over the backfield in 2020 would go further to proving the argument. I love Dobbins, BTW.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:14 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:42 pm Dobbins being the 5th back says he's not a rare prospect. If he has an HOF type career, he can be considered a rare talent. Him taking over the backfield in 2021 would not prove he's a rare talent. If anything, it would prove he's not. Him taking over the backfield in 2020 would go further to proving the argument. I love Dobbins, BTW.
I don't mind any of the semantics of english that we're using here. I just don't want to see him dinged for dumb reasons. Saying that he can't carry the workload, or isn't elite athletically or from a skills perspective - simply doesn't jive with what I'm seeing and reading.

I expect he will do enough in 2020 to make a lot of people wish they'd taken him, much like when Nick Chubb was drafted behind Carlos Hyde (who we thought was pretty good at that point)

My point being - that in 2021, when the backfield is properly his, on the highest rushing volume team in football - it'll make people truly sick to their stomach to not have this guy, especially if they had a chance to draft him. All Dobbins does is make plays. He's going to rock for the Ravens.

DallasCowboys
Rookie
Rookie

Postby DallasCowboys » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:25 pm

the_lung wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:12 pm I’m still shaking my head at all the people with Clyde-Edwards-Helaire as your 1.01 pick, based almost entirely on landing spot alone. I think that many of these folks are new to dynasty fantasy football or have a poor memory. Here’s a list going back only just ten years of running backs who were drafted highly, around the same spot as CEH, and thought to be gifted into “primo landing spots” where there was very little competition for carries. Many of these backs weren’t thought of as elite talents or running back prospects before their respective NFL Drafts. How many of these panned out?
  • Rashad Penny, #27 Seattle Seahawks
  • TJ. Yeldon, #36 Jacksonville Jaguars
  • Ameer Abdullah, #54 Detroit Lions
  • Bishop Sankey, #54 Tennessee Titans
  • Giovani Bernard, #37 Cincinnati Bengals
  • Montee Ball, #58 Denver Broncos
  • David Wilson, #32 NY Giants
  • Ryan Williams, #38 Arizona Cardinals
  • Mikel Leshoure, #57 Detroit Lions
  • Ryan Mathews, #12 San Diego Chargers
  • Ben Tate, #58 Houston Texans
  • Jahvid Best, #30 Detroit Lions
  • Donald Brown, #30 Indianapolis Colts
  • Beanie Wells, #31 Arizona Cardinals
Do we need to go back another ten years? :think:
Terrible terrible terrible terrible analysis. Simply because non of those offenses above can even think about holding a candle in their dreams on lsd to the KC offense. CEH will be running against 5-6 man boxes and at Goaline many many times per game. He’s a good talent going to the best situation a PPR RB could ask for. Not to mention he is a phenomenal route runner which is why he was hand picked by the QB. Also 1st defender rarely takes him down in open field.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:30 pm

DallasCowboys wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:25 pm
the_lung wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:12 pm I’m still shaking my head at all the people with Clyde-Edwards-Helaire as your 1.01 pick, based almost entirely on landing spot alone. I think that many of these folks are new to dynasty fantasy football or have a poor memory. Here’s a list going back only just ten years of running backs who were drafted highly, around the same spot as CEH, and thought to be gifted into “primo landing spots” where there was very little competition for carries. Many of these backs weren’t thought of as elite talents or running back prospects before their respective NFL Drafts. How many of these panned out?
Terrible terrible terrible terrible analysis. Simply because non of those offenses above can even think about holding a candle in their dreams on lsd to the KC offense. CEH will be running against 5-6 man boxes and at Goaline many many times per game. He’s a good talent going to the best situation a PPR RB could ask for. Not to mention he is a phenomenal route runner which is why he was hand picked by the QB. Also 1st defender rarely takes him down in open field.
Donald Brown was drafted to incredibly good offenses (Peyton Manning Colts)

Hell, you could add Sony Michel to this list going to the Patriots

DallasCowboys
Rookie
Rookie

Postby DallasCowboys » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:33 pm

CEH
Justin Jefferson
JT (if they had a long term QB solution he’s interchangeable with CEH)
Juedy
Dobbins (Ingram Contract still has 2 years)

DallasCowboys
Rookie
Rookie

Postby DallasCowboys » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:42 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:30 pm

Stop dude, just stop. Donald Brown had Joseph Addai who had back to back 1k season in his first 2 years in the league. I wouldn’t call that no comp. D Williams can barely eclipse 500 and was benched h for McCoy last year.

Also, Andy Reid is known for producing studs and is openly looking for a workhorse. Then comes out and says CEH is better than Brian Westbrook, plus Mahomes choses him. What more do you need? He’s a gap player. It’s a perfect fit.

And don’t bring up the Pats. Know to have a committe no matter what. Another bad example. Can’t compare a known committee staff to a coach who produces studs.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:55 pm

non of those offenses above can even think about holding a candle in their dreams on lsd to the KC offense.
Im not arguing against CEH’s fantasy chances; just mentioned that this statement is incorrect.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:51 am

remedy29 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:19 pm
mild wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:54 pm
remedy29 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:32 pm 6. JK Dobbins - Landed in an excellent spot as he is not built to be a true workhorse RB, but 200 carries in Baltimore's offense will make him very relevant. Not sure he contributes much in the passing game based on his skill and playing with Lamar in Baltimore.
Oh you must mean the OTHER JK Dobbins, the one that didn't have 800 touches for 5000 all-purpose yards in 3 years at Ohio State...

A hearty "lol" to anyone that doesn't think this man can't carry a backfield.
I'm pretty sure Dobbins won't have too many Rutgers level talent on their schedule.
Dobbins did have a huge carry total last year...one he needed too to rebound his draft stock, but that does not mean he can carry that into the NFL...regardless how many fantasy fans drool over the workhorse 3 down RB fantasy. Fact is, they are rare and Dobbins is not a rare talent (5th RB taken tells you that).
Dobbins was by far the best RB in the class against top ranked rushing D's. He's built like a brick sh@thouse, he's definitely a workhorse build IMO.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:55 am

DallasCowboys wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:42 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:30 pm

Stop dude, just stop. Donald Brown had Joseph Addai who had back to back 1k season in his first 2 years in the league. I wouldn’t call that no comp. D Williams can barely eclipse 500 and was benched h for McCoy last year.

Also, Andy Reid is known for producing studs and is openly looking for a workhorse. Then comes out and says CEH is better than Brian Westbrook, plus Mahomes choses him. What more do you need? He’s a gap player. It’s a perfect fit.

And don’t bring up the Pats. Know to have a committe no matter what. Another bad example. Can’t compare a known committee staff to a coach who produces studs.
Supposedly. There's never hyperbole at this time of year, though. Chances are we will never know if CEH is just a system back or not, because he's going to another perfect system. 69 percent of his career scrimmage yards came in his junior year, so as much as I like him, I think he's more a product of system. Now that doesn't matter, so long as he thrives in KC, and stays healthy. However if he does struggle, or get hurt often, I don't think he's irreplaceable.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:36 am

CEH is going to be a BEAST. People can call him a 3rd down back, a system back, or a little man with big legs......The bottom line is he will be a BEAST in KC,

He is way better than anything they have on the roster at that position. Didn't Hunt lead the league in Rushing as a rookie under Reid.

I don't see a break the glass and only use when needed sign around CEH. He will start week 1.

Sometimes there are reasons to overthink things. This is NOT one of those times.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:43 am

Ice wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:36 am CEH is going to be a BEAST. People can call him a 3rd down back, a system back, or a little man with big legs......The bottom line is he will be a BEAST in KC,

He is way better than anything they have on the roster at that position. Didn't Hunt lead the league in Rushing as a rookie under Reid.

I don't see a break the glass and only use when needed sign around CEH. He will start week 1.

Sometimes there are reasons to overthink things. This is NOT one of those times.
I'll eat my hat if CEH leads the league in rushing. CEH will put up good numbers. I don't think he's going to be head and shoulders above the top backs in this class though, who also went to great spots. CEH isn't some generational talent, or even a once every few years talent. He's a good RB in a great situation. It should lead to Fantasy success. I don't think anyone is calling him a 3rd down back, but he is a system back IMO, but he's in the right system, so it's not an issue.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:01 am

Pretty sure no one said he would lead the league in rushing. It's possible but regardless he will be a beast. The real point is CEH will be used extensively because he can really play football.

Too many trying to justify nonsense IMO with this player because of the shock of being the first RB drafted most likely.

The one thing we all know is KC thought CEH was clearly the Very Best RB in this class.

That said, if he does somehow lead the league in rushing, let me know how that hat tastes. Think you're fine though.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts