Post Draft Top 12 Rankings

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
dlf_mikeh
Administrator
Posts: 5844
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Post Draft Top 12 Rankings

Postby dlf_mikeh » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:27 am

the_lung wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:12 pm
I’m still shaking my head at all the people with Clyde-Edwards-Helaire as your 1.01 pick, based almost entirely on landing spot alone. I think that many of these folks are new to dynasty fantasy football or have a poor memory.
The list is fun and I appreciate the time you took to do it. However it seems you're cherry picking data to prove your point. Could I create a list of RBs drafted in that same range who performed well? Or is the data your providing a full list of all RBs chosen from around pick 20-40? I'm genuinely curious.

I put CEH in my top tier well before the draft. Landing spots made him my 1.01. For comparison, I have several dozen posts on these forums that show I think Penny was a bad prospect. When he became a 1st rounder in Seattle, I didn't change my mind.

CEH has great quickness, instincts, and skills. He's on the smaller side and lacks top speed. On running alone, I'd rank him below the top tier because of those two pieces of information. His pass-catching is what pushes him into the top tier for me. Situation vs other RBs nudges him from the top tier into the 1.01.
Make Your Own Customizable Draft Pick Value Chart Here
"This is awesome" --- dlf_jaronf
"I've made a few draft pick charts. This is better than any of them." --- dlf_jules
"Whatever rookie draft pick chart you're using isn't as good as this one from MEuRaH" --- dlf_jules
"Excellent work on this!" --- dlf_zachb

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17050
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Post Draft Top 12 Rankings

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:01 am

dlf_mikeh wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:27 am
the_lung wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:12 pm
I’m still shaking my head at all the people with Clyde-Edwards-Helaire as your 1.01 pick, based almost entirely on landing spot alone. I think that many of these folks are new to dynasty fantasy football or have a poor memory.
The list is fun and I appreciate the time you took to do it. However it seems you're cherry picking data to prove your point. Could I create a list of RBs drafted in that same range who performed well? Or is the data your providing a full list of all RBs chosen from around pick 20-40? I'm genuinely curious.

I put CEH in my top tier well before the draft. Landing spots made him my 1.01. For comparison, I have several dozen posts on these forums that show I think Penny was a bad prospect. When he became a 1st rounder in Seattle, I didn't change my mind.

CEH has great quickness, instincts, and skills. He's on the smaller side and lacks top speed. On running alone, I'd rank him below the top tier because of those two pieces of information. His pass-catching is what pushes him into the top tier for me. Situation vs other RBs nudges him from the top tier into the 1.01.
I as well had him in my top tier. I think in full PPR, the argument is strong for him. In half PPR, or standard, I'm not as high on the idea.

Ice
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3171
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: Post Draft Top 12 Rankings

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:54 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:01 am
dlf_mikeh wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:27 am
the_lung wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:12 pm
I’m still shaking my head at all the people with Clyde-Edwards-Helaire as your 1.01 pick, based almost entirely on landing spot alone. I think that many of these folks are new to dynasty fantasy football or have a poor memory.
The list is fun and I appreciate the time you took to do it. However it seems you're cherry picking data to prove your point. Could I create a list of RBs drafted in that same range who performed well? Or is the data your providing a full list of all RBs chosen from around pick 20-40? I'm genuinely curious.

I put CEH in my top tier well before the draft. Landing spots made him my 1.01. For comparison, I have several dozen posts on these forums that show I think Penny was a bad prospect. When he became a 1st rounder in Seattle, I didn't change my mind.

CEH has great quickness, instincts, and skills. He's on the smaller side and lacks top speed. On running alone, I'd rank him below the top tier because of those two pieces of information. His pass-catching is what pushes him into the top tier for me. Situation vs other RBs nudges him from the top tier into the 1.01.
I as well had him in my top tier. I think in full PPR, the argument is strong for him. In half PPR, or standard, I'm not as high on the idea.
Agree with ppr vs less than take.

I had him 3rd in a strong class. I was surprised he went 1st in the class but my top 4 were all close. He is my 1.1 now in full ppr as location for RB's matter to me.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

TimeWillTell
Captain
Captain
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 5:25 pm

Re: Post Draft Top 12 Rankings

Postby TimeWillTell » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:09 am

Ice wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:54 am
FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:01 am
dlf_mikeh wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:27 am

The list is fun and I appreciate the time you took to do it. However it seems you're cherry picking data to prove your point. Could I create a list of RBs drafted in that same range who performed well? Or is the data your providing a full list of all RBs chosen from around pick 20-40? I'm genuinely curious.

I put CEH in my top tier well before the draft. Landing spots made him my 1.01. For comparison, I have several dozen posts on these forums that show I think Penny was a bad prospect. When he became a 1st rounder in Seattle, I didn't change my mind.

CEH has great quickness, instincts, and skills. He's on the smaller side and lacks top speed. On running alone, I'd rank him below the top tier because of those two pieces of information. His pass-catching is what pushes him into the top tier for me. Situation vs other RBs nudges him from the top tier into the 1.01.
I as well had him in my top tier. I think in full PPR, the argument is strong for him. In half PPR, or standard, I'm not as high on the idea.
Agree with ppr vs less than take.

I had him 3rd in a strong class. I was surprised he went 1st in the class but my top 4 were all close. He is my 1.1 now in full ppr as location for RB's matter to me.
In 0.5PPR, I assume people will favor JT and maybe Dobbins, but how are you guys ranking the top 4 in that scoring system?
2020 Champion!
12 Team 1QB 0.5 PPR 30 man roster
Start: 1QB,2RB,3WR,1TE,1Flex,1K,1Def
QB: Mahomes, Stafford, Jones
RB: Barkley, JRob, CEH, Taylor, Dobbins, Swift, Penny
WR: AJB, Jefferson, Evans, DJM, Chark, Lamb, Tee Higgins, Mims, Shenault, Jeudy, Ruggs, P. Williams, Edwards, Callaway
TE: Andrews, Jonnu, Hock, Hurst
K: Some guy
Def: Who knows
No 2021 picks, 2022 2nd (not mine), all 2023 picks

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1149
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:46 pm

Re: Post Draft Top 12 Rankings

Postby Zacsby » Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:40 am

TimeWillTell wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:09 am
In 0.5PPR, I assume people will favor JT and maybe Dobbins, but how are you guys ranking the top 4 in that scoring system?
In .5 PPR I'd have it JT, Dobbins, CEH and Swift.
12 Tm SF PPR - QB, RB (2), WR (2), TE, FLX (2) SF
QB - Lamar, Brees, Daniel Jones, Taysom, Stidham
RB - CMC, AJ, Drake, Robinson, Cohen, AP
WR - Golladay, Boyd, Landry, Sanders, Mecole
TE - Kelce, Hurst, Rudolph, Oliver

12 Tm SF, Tiered PPR (.5RB, 1WR, 1.5TE) Start 9
QB - Watson, Daniel Jones, Tannehill, Stidham
RB - Kamara, Carson, Michel, Scott, Penny
WR - Nuk, Evans, Ridley, M-Will, P-Will, Washington
TE - Kittle, Rudolph, Reed

24 Tm 2 Copy PPR - QB, RB (2), WR (2), TE, FLX (3)
QB - Stafford, Jimmy G, Cousins
RB - CEH, Taylor, Hunt, Singletary, Moss, Breida, Gibson, Darwin
WR - Godwin, Golladay, AJB, M-Will, Ruggs, Higgins, Duvernay
TE - Andrews, Hurst, Herndon
21 Picks - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Ice
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3171
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: Post Draft Top 12 Rankings

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:11 am

Zacsby wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 8:40 am
TimeWillTell wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:09 am
In 0.5PPR, I assume people will favor JT and maybe Dobbins, but how are you guys ranking the top 4 in that scoring system?
In .5 PPR I'd have it JT, Dobbins, CEH and Swift.
I equate receptions to TD's. If CEH gets 60 that is 10 TD's. Obviously at .5 PPR its 5.

When I rank players I project where I think they will be on this stat first then project where i think they will be in rushing and and receiving yards.

I had JT 4th prior to the draft. I would move him up to 1.1 in a non PPr league due to opportunity but thankfully I only play in 1 non ppr redraft. Very concerned with his ball security personally. I hate the way he carries the ball. He flails his arms when he runs. Defenses will target the football in a big way against him. That has to get cleaned up. Imagine the Colts believe he is coach-able

In .5 I would probably still roll with CEH but it Swift would be right there. I rated Swift as the best overall back followed by Dobbins, CEH, Taylor.

Like all 4 of these backs.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Farley
Captain
Captain
Posts: 800
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:22 am

Re: Post Draft Top 12 Rankings

Postby Farley » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:51 am

FantasyFreak wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:01 am
dlf_mikeh wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:27 am
the_lung wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:12 pm
I’m still shaking my head at all the people with Clyde-Edwards-Helaire as your 1.01 pick, based almost entirely on landing spot alone. I think that many of these folks are new to dynasty fantasy football or have a poor memory.
The list is fun and I appreciate the time you took to do it. However it seems you're cherry picking data to prove your point. Could I create a list of RBs drafted in that same range who performed well? Or is the data your providing a full list of all RBs chosen from around pick 20-40? I'm genuinely curious.

I put CEH in my top tier well before the draft. Landing spots made him my 1.01. For comparison, I have several dozen posts on these forums that show I think Penny was a bad prospect. When he became a 1st rounder in Seattle, I didn't change my mind.

CEH has great quickness, instincts, and skills. He's on the smaller side and lacks top speed. On running alone, I'd rank him below the top tier because of those two pieces of information. His pass-catching is what pushes him into the top tier for me. Situation vs other RBs nudges him from the top tier into the 1.01.
I as well had him in my top tier. I think in full PPR, the argument is strong for him. In half PPR, or standard, I'm not as high on the idea.
Nope!

PTW32
Starter
Starter
Posts: 625
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:13 pm

Re: Post Draft Top 12 Rankings

Postby PTW32 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:07 am

CEH
JT
Dobbins
Swift
Lamb
Jeudy
Akers
Ruggs
Reagor
Jefferson
Mims
Higgins
Team 1 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 2TE, 3Flex

QB: Lamar, Rodgers
RB: Dalvin, Conner, Gaskin, Lindsay, Mattison, Mckissic
WR: Godwin, Golladay, Boyd, John Brown, Aiyuk, Fulgham
TE: Kelce, Kittle, Tonyan, Logan Thomas

Team 2 10 Team PPR QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 3Flex
QB: Baker, Lock, Ryan
RB: Barkley, CEH, Jonathan Taylor, Dobbins, Dion Lewis, Damian Williams, Mattison,
WR: Diggs, Arob, Cortland Sutton, Robert Woods, Lockett, Lamb, Diontae, TreQuan Smith, Randall Cobb, Andy Isabella
TE: Andrews, Hurst, Irv Smith Jr

Team 3 12 Team PPR (keep 16)
QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3Flex, DL, LB, DB

QB: Goff, Stafford
RB: CMC, CEH, Mixon, Swift, Dobbins, Scott, Kerryon, Bernard
WR: Godwin, DJ Moore, AJ Brown, Arob, Lamb, Keenan, Bryan Edwards
TE: Kittle, Hockenson, Schultz
DL: JJ Watt
LB: Cunningham
DB: J. Johnson


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dark_knite03, Jigga94, ravn88 and 13 guests