Jordan Howard: Stock Up?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Dookmarriot
MVP
MVP

Re: Jordan Howard

Postby Dookmarriot » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:40 am

JFever wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:56 am
Dookmarriot wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:09 am I find it interesting that the narrative seems to be that Howard is some kind of stiff interfering with Sanders' clear ascent to greatness, rather than a 24 year old back who has been quietly excellent in 3 seasons as an NFL player.

I think Sanders was the best back in this class and holds great potential (if he can learn to hang on to the rock) but Howard I think is being greatly underrated. His vision and pass pro ability are big plusses while Sanders learns the game.

I understand that Howard is a pass catching zero limits him in ppr, and that the committee approach in Philly renders him not much more than a flex play right now. But right now he's cheap to acquire, can be a fantastic RB2 if Sanders stiffs, and he also happens to be a free agent next year while he's still in his physical prime. I'm buying where I can.
Well. What are you paying where you are buying? There are different people in each league. In dynasty, if I'm a depth rb away from feeling good about my depth, I'd offer a late 2nd or so for Howard. I don't at all see him as a long term answer. The holes both of these guys were running through last night were massive. I just knew I'd see some comments here today talking about how good Howard looked etc etc. Howard isn't creative, doesn't have great lateral agility, doesn't catch the ball great, and frankly, if he was "quietly excellent" like you hint at, why the hell would a defensive team that wants to grind the ball (the bears) draft Montgomery and let Howard go? Maybe there is something there that I'm not informed about. Or maybe I missed something. Anyway - C'mon Dook - quietly excellent is an odd way to describe Howard and one that I have to disagree with you on. I do however agree that right now, Howard is a nice asset for the Eagles to use in the short term while Sanders gets more acclimated to the NFL game. So, in the short term, I feel ya. I agree that on certain teams in dynasty, it'd make sense. But, the long game view on Howard - seems to me - he is a non factor. Long term (next year or maybe even later on this year) - I see it as incredibly likely that Sanders sees more carries, targets, and snaps than Howard. Howard could however retain the goal line duties. Never know.
With regards to the Bears, it was a change in offensive philosophy. Not one that has appeared to have worked for them that much, but that's besides the point. They clearly value back that can catch, and fair enough, but their between the tackles approach seems not to be working.

Howard has little value as a pass catcher, and that's a drawback. But his vision and toughness are great, he's got more than enough burst and he's terrific in pass protection. Three years in the league, and three seasons of 1000 yards. Excellent on the goal line. How does that not translate to an excellent RB? If Sanders does in his first years what Howard has done in his the fantasy community will be going gaga.

Howard's skills have real value, and I fully expect him to find a nice home in free agency...assuming that Sanders takes the Philly job (I expect he will, but the list of rookie RBs that flamed out is long).

I'd never want Howard as my RB1, but he has made an excellent RB2 since he's been in the league, and I think he's cheap enough (at least until last night) where you can get a young, talented player at a discount with the chance of a better situation next year. Maybe he's better in real football than fake football, but you have a greater chance at the latter if you're good at the former. I'd take advantage of how undervalued Howard seems to be.
"I like reading the predictions of the morons on here and cashing in by doing the opposite. Especially Dookmariot." - Lotto4Life

"Because of (the Raiders), there's the no-clothesline rule, the no-hitting-out-of-bounds rule, the no-fumbling-forward-in-the-last-two-minutes rule, the no-throwing-helmets rule and the no-Stickum rule. So you see, we're not all bad." - Ted "The Mad Stork" Hendricks

jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Jordan Howard - Stock up?

Postby jdacunha » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:00 pm

Surprisingly MIA did. It draft a RB so far. Looks like Howard has the potential to be a RB2 in 2020.
Last edited by jdacunha on Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett

CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Jordan Howard - Stock up?_-

Postby CGW » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:03 pm

Looks like it, very surprising to me.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Prescott
RB | Jeff Wilson, Pierre-Strong
WR | Adams, Olave, ARSB, Dotson, Addison
TE | Andrews, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1st 2025 | 1stx3, 2nd, 3rdx2

10 Team | SF | PPR
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Murray, Tagovailoa, Stroud
RB | Montgomery, Swift, Dobbins, Singletary, Jamaal Williams, R. White, Davis-Price, Herbert, Miller
WR | Godwin, AJB, Lamb, D. Johnson, M. Brown, Mooney, Kirk, J. Williams, Skyy Moore, Watson
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1st, 2nd, 3rd

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert, Love, Young, Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, Ford, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Flowers, Collins, Downs
TE | Hockenson, Dulcich, Likely, Otton
2024 | 2nd, 3rdx3, 4th

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Jordan Howard - Stock up?

Postby DJB » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:22 pm

T Etienne next year
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Needalife
Legend
Legend

Postby Needalife » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:22 pm

Good call. Although I could see a Devonta Freeman making an appearance or something like that.
14 TM / Devy / SuperFlex / TEP
1 Q / 2 RB / 2 WR / 1 TE / 1 SF / 3 F / 1 DT / 2 DE / 3 LB / 2 CB / 2 S / 1 F

QB: Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawrence
RB: Zamir White, Jaylen Warren, James Conner, Raheem Mostert
WR: Michael Pittman, Puka Nacua, Drake London, Marquise Brown, Christian Kirk, Josh Palmer
TE: Trey McBride, Jake Ferguson, Noah Gray
PK: Justin Tucker, Jason Myers
DT: Aaron Donald, Grover Stewart, Devonte Wyatt
DE: Alex Highsmith, Jonathan Cooper, Gregory Rousseau, Matt Judon, Baron Browning
LB: Fred Warner, Dre Greenlaw, Ernest Jones, Alex Anzalone, Jack Campbell
CB: L'Jarius Sneed, Deommodore Lenoir, Taron Johnson
S: Derwin James, Rayshawn Jenkins, Talanoa Hufanga, Kareem Jackson
DEVY: RB Trey Benson FSU, RB Will Shipley Clemson
2024 DEVY DEPLETED PICKS: 1.03, 1.11, 1.13, 2.03, 2.05, 2.13, 3.01, 3.07, 3.10, 3.12, 4.03, 4.11, 4.15, 5.01, 5.13

Meretc01
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Meretc01 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:53 pm

What’s his value right now in picks?
12Team 1QB 3 WR 2 RB 1 TE 2 Flex
QB: Tannehill, Wilson
RB: Swift, M. Carter, Etienne, Cohen, Mckissic, Dallas
WR: Jefferson, Pittman Jr.,T. Higgins, Reagor, Parker, Slayton, G.Davis, Cephus, A St.Brown, T. Marshall,
T. Johnson
TE: Schultz, Jonnu, Dissly, Sample
2022 Picks: 1st-2 3rd-1

jdacunha
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby jdacunha » Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:21 am

I wouldn’t trade him for less than a 12th-15th pick in this years draft. He is a solid RB and still relatively young.
21 Players Dynasty-10 teams, (Non-PPR, 4 pts per passing TD)
QB: Justin Herbert, Zach Wilson, Trey Lance
RB:Najee Harris, Breece Hall, Cam Akers, Devin Singletary, Travis Etienne, N Hines, Jaylen Warren
WR: Jamar Chase, Dionte Johnson, Mike Williams, Allen Lazard, Rondale Moore, Kadarius Toney, Christian Kirk, R, Jakobi Meyers Devin Duvernay, Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs
TE: Kyle Pitts, G Everett

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:31 am

And it went back down.

Miami traded for Breida.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:33 am

Stock down lol
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:13 pm

They traded a 5th for Breida. Why does everyone act like Breida is decent, he was an UDFA whose best season was 800ish yards rushing.

That’s Howard’s backfield this year.

RB6
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby RB6 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:21 pm

Because those 800 yards came on only 150 carries. His only problem is staying healthy. He will absolutely eat into Howard’s “backfield”.
.5PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
LJax, Burrow, Carr, Huntley, Heinicke, Cunningham
Adams, Kupp, Deebo, M Brown, Kirk, Wiliams, C Samuel, Palmer, E. Moore, Hodgins, Hutchinson
CMC, Barkley, Mostert, Ford, Moss, Dobbins, Dillon, Kelley, Tucker
Andrews, Higbee

PPR 1Q/3W/2R/1T/1SF/2F
Mahomes, Purdy, Dalton, Henicke, Trask, Zappe
Henry, Pacheco, Robinson, Wilson, Ford, Chandler, Deuce
Hill, Kupp, Shaheed, Toney, Lazard, Metchie, Mingo, Slayton, Shenault, Atwell, Hutchinson
Pitts, Waller, Washington

PPR Best Ball Dynasty SF .5TEP
Stroud, Cousins, Willis, Mariota, Cunningham
Walker, J Cook, Miller, Zamir, Rodriguez, Carter, Penny
St. Brown, Aiyuk, DJ Moore, London, Doubs, Metchie, Scott, Claypool
Kincaid, Dulcich, Fant, Turner, Hurst

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:38 pm

RB6 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:21 pm Because those 800 yards came on only 150 carries. His only problem is staying healthy. He will absolutely eat into Howard’s “backfield”.
Yea exactly because he can’t stay healthy and / or he’s not good enough to have any more. He’s a change of pace back - that’s it.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:45 pm

cantguardjake wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:38 pm
RB6 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:21 pm Because those 800 yards came on only 150 carries. His only problem is staying healthy. He will absolutely eat into Howard’s “backfield”.
Yea exactly because he can’t stay healthy and / or he’s not good enough to have any more. He’s a change of pace back - that’s it.
Jordan Howard isn't good enough to consider any young talent as not a threat. Breida has some juice. If he's healthy, I expect a committee. Even if Howard is the main guy, Breida will take a bite out of his production. And that's probably good for him. Keep him fresh and hopefully taking all the short yardage TDs.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Mike from Canada
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Mike from Canada » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:05 pm

cantguardjake wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:13 pm They traded a 5th for Breida. Why does everyone act like Breida is decent, he was an UDFA whose best season was 800ish yards rushing.

That’s Howard’s backfield this year.
So you own Howard, huh?

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Postby Orenthal Shames » Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:08 pm

Howard/Breida is fine for a rebuilding Miami backfield in 2020, but I wouldn't count on either being fantasy viable without the other being hurt.
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Downs, Mims, Douglas, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.08, 1.14, 2nd x2