General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:00 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:38 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:26 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:04 pm Darrel Williams isn't that bad.
You’re kidding, right? 56 and 57 touches - not rushes - the past two years and a career 3.8 ypa on one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL.

That’s CEH in the backfield and nothing else.
YPA, particularly with so few carries, isn't the only thing that matters.
Yeah, there’s the not getting any meaningful touches part in 3 years despite opportunities being available. That does count as well as not doing anything with the opportunities he got.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:41 am

finally those who picked darwin thompson in the 1st round will get their money's worth!

or they'll get some old vet who'll take the minimum wage to have a shot at a ring, like peterson. lindsey could be a younger and cheap-ish option as well.

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:33 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:41 am finally those who picked darwin thompson in the 1st round will get their money's worth!

or they'll get some old vet who'll take the minimum wage to have a shot at a ring, like peterson. lindsey could be a younger and cheap-ish option as well.
lol

Thanks to roster increases because of COVID he’s still sitting on my roster. His chances of any meaningful production look as likely as Williams’. I’ll probably be cutting that mistake on our first cuts this year.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:06 am

Sriracha wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:30 pm
Pac_Eddy wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:04 pm Darrel Williams isn't that bad.
You’re kidding, right? 56 and 57 touches - not rushes - the past two years and a career 3.8 ypa on one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL.

Both of them had identical yards per attempt and yards per touch in 2020.

Either he’s better than we think or CEH is worse than we think
Just pointing out CEH did have 1100 yards in 13 games last season. He averaged 4.4 YPC

Hid total touches were 217 including his 36 receptions pushing him just over a 5 yards average.

In reality the only stat people should be disappointed in other than missing 3 games is he didn't score enough TD's. 5 total was disappointing.

The future is bright for this kid so buy him from disgruntled CEH owners as his TD output should increase with better line play and experience.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Lumps » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:12 am

Ice wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:06 am

Just pointing out CEH did have 1100 yards in 13 games last season. He averaged 4.4 YPC

Hid total touches were 217 including his 36 receptions pushing him just over a 5 yards average.

In reality the only stat people should be disappointed in other than missing 3 games is he didn't score enough TD's. 5 total was disappointing.

The future is bright for this kid so buy him from disgruntled CEH owners as his TD output should increase with better line play and experience.
You forgot:

Opt out by their Doctor guard
Shortened off season
Ankle injury he came back from and was likely playing hurt thereafter
Injuries to their top 3 tackles

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:38 am

Lumps wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:12 am

You forgot:

Opt out by their Doctor guard
Shortened off season
Ankle injury he came back from and was likely playing hurt thereafter
Injuries to their top 3 tackles
EcXuSeS EcXuSeS, hE sHoUlD hAvE bRoKeN eVeRy ReCorD AnD oBlItErAtEd AlL oThEr RoOkIeS aT hIs PrIcE
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:49 am

Although I'm a CEH supporter, I will say that I'm upset by the lack of targets in the passing game. He came out of college with great hands and the ability to find the open field. He's on the Chiefs with a head coach noted for making his RBs super studs, and he had a makeshift interior offensive line for much of the year. Where were the dump offs? Where were the targets?

The potential in the passing game was my motivation for pushing CEH so hard last year, and I found it to be very lacking. I think he has the potential to have Kamara-like usage with 100 targets and 200 carries. If he didn't have those pass-catching skills and wasn't part of a pass-happy team, and wasn't a potential key piece to one of the best offenses in the NFL, I wouldn't have pushed him so hard.

I like his 2020 stats, and I see room to grow. I am excited. Let's go Chiefs, turn this guy into a stud already!
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:08 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:49 am Although I'm a CEH supporter, I will say that I'm upset by the lack of targets in the passing game. He came out of college with great hands and the ability to find the open field. He's on the Chiefs with a head coach noted for making his RBs super studs, and he had a makeshift interior offensive line for much of the year. Where were the dump offs? Where were the targets?
Mahomes doesn't check down often, he runs around to buy time for something to open up down field, and then runs for the sideline if nothing develops.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:10 am

I think he's just saying that in the same situation, Darrel had very similar efficiency numbers. No doubt CEH is the guy to own, but if Darrel can do the same thing, why can't he be the RB2 in the offense? If I owned CEH, I'd prefer them keep Darrel as the RB2. I don't see CEH as a workhorse, but theres very few of those in the NFL. With only Darrel, you'd think CEH would get more touches than if they bring someone else in.

The TD should improve. Was a bad OL on the goal line and 1 REC TD just won't be the norm in that offense for RB1

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:36 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/Schultz_Repo ... 0106867719

KC Re-signed Elijah McGuire, so that's 3 RBs under contract.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:40 am

My take is CEH will benefit a ton with a camp and preseason in that warp speed offensive system.

He was tracking right at 267 touches over a 16 game season as a rookie learning the offense. I would expect those numbers to increase some this season as he learns the system and better understands how to improvise with Mahomes.

To put that in perspective Kamara had 270 total touches in 15 games last season. Obviously, he is not at his level yet but there is plenty of potential for KC to work with CEH although I expect higher rushing totals with fewer receptions.

It was pretty obvious in the SB KC needs to work on screens and short passing more to keep defenses off balance. Reid is no fool so I am pretty confident they will work on this in camp and CEH should benefit.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:05 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:49 am Although I'm a CEH supporter, I will say that I'm upset by the lack of targets in the passing game. He came out of college with great hands and the ability to find the open field. He's on the Chiefs with a head coach noted for making his RBs super studs, and he had a makeshift interior offensive line for much of the year. Where were the dump offs? Where were the targets?
he had 4.1 targets per game. the last RB to get more than that in KC was jamaal charles in 2013.
KC has been middle of the pack at best in the past 7-8 seasons as targets to RBs.
he'll probably get a slight uptick in targets, but i don't expect a huge bump.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:09 am

17% of his rushing yards came in one game. I am not saying he isn't going to be an asset worth owning, but I simply don''t see him turning into an elite back. He got elevated due to landing spot and now he will never live up to owner's expectations. Just my two cents
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:14 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:09 am

17% of his rushing yards came in one game. I am not saying he isn't going to be an asset worth owning, but I simply don''t see him turning into an elite back. He got elevated due to landing spot and now he will never live up to owner's expectations. Just my two cents
21.6% of JTs rushing yards came in one game. What's your point?

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:32 am

murphysxm wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:09 am

That is a Ridiculous stat to me as it is like saying Taylor rushed for 1169 yards but over 50% of his rushing yards came in 3 games or spouting his rushing percent of his total because he had one all time great game accounting for 253 yards of his total. Is he good or did he just suck in 12 games?

Elite long term backs are hard to find. These two are both in good situations to become elite backs but both are just getting started in the body of work department.

By the 17% standard both backs in context had issues is the point which is why its not a stat to plant a flag on IMO.