Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby Sriracha » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:01 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:10 am
Ice wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:06 am
Sriracha wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:30 pm

Both of them had identical yards per attempt and yards per touch in 2020.

Either he’s better than we think or CEH is worse than we think
Just pointing out CEH did have 1100 yards in 13 games last season. He averaged 4.4 YPC

Hid total touches were 217 including his 36 receptions pushing him just over a 5 yards average.

In reality the only stat people should be disappointed in other than missing 3 games is he didn't score enough TD's. 5 total was disappointing.

The future is bright for this kid so buy him from disgruntled CEH owners as his TD output should increase with better line play and experience.
I think he's just saying that in the same situation, Darrel had very similar efficiency numbers. No doubt CEH is the guy to own, but if Darrel can do the same thing, why can't he be the RB2 in the offense? If I owned CEH, I'd prefer them keep Darrel as the RB2. I don't see CEH as a workhorse, but theres very few of those in the NFL. With only Darrel, you'd think CEH would get more touches than if they bring someone else in.

The TD should improve. Was a bad OL on the goal line and 1 REC TD just won't be the norm in that offense for RB1
Bingo

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:36 am

Sriracha wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:01 am

Just pointing out CEH did have 1100 yards in 13 games last season. He averaged 4.4 YPC

Hid total touches were 217 including his 36 receptions pushing him just over a 5 yards average.

In reality the only stat people should be disappointed in other than missing 3 games is he didn't score enough TD's. 5 total was disappointing.

The future is bright for this kid so buy him from disgruntled CEH owners as his TD output should increase with better line play and experience.
I think he's just saying that in the same situation, Darrel had very similar efficiency numbers. No doubt CEH is the guy to own, but if Darrel can do the same thing, why can't he be the RB2 in the offense? If I owned CEH, I'd prefer them keep Darrel as the RB2. I don't see CEH as a workhorse, but theres very few of those in the NFL. With only Darrel, you'd think CEH would get more touches than if they bring someone else in.

The TD should improve. Was a bad OL on the goal line and 1 REC TD just won't be the norm in that offense for RB1
Bingo
The McGuire signing doesn't mean they're done at RB, but they might be more comfortable with Darrel than some people think

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:41 am

I think CEH will be a back end RB1, solid but maybe unspectacular, nothing wrong with that really. I think it's really easy to see a less than stellar take on CEH as someone implying he's a trash RB based on his cost, and conversely to see a positive take as someone implying he's a top 3 RB. No need for all that in my opinion, he's a solid RB in a nice situation to potentially take a step forward. Even if he doesn't, he's still a solid asset for the next 3 years IMO.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:43 am

I mean

I'd rather have him than Josh Jacobs now

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:44 am

StripesOfKC wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:43 am I mean

Already did. They basically have 0 OL, signing another RB seems silly. Not good for Jacobs or Drake imo

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:03 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:44 am

Already did. They basically have 0 OL, signing another RB seems silly. Not good for Jacobs or Drake imo
I really think it just cut both of their prior values in half, at best. $11MM guaranteed, even over 2 years, is not bench money.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:44 am

Yeah I probably had CEH a spot above Jacobs outside of non PPR

But now it's hard to argue the other way. Especially with the two OLs going in opposite directions

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:23 pm

Bingo
So you’re agreeing that CEH, while more talented than Williams, is replaceable by Williams on a limited basis or in the event of injury?

That doesn’t say much for CEH...

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:41 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:23 pm

Bingo
So you’re agreeing that CEH, while more talented than Williams, is replaceable by Williams on a limited basis or in the event of injury?

Maybe so. But probably true. If Williams had to spot start for a 3-4 week stretch, I would imagine he would put up similar numbers to CEH.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:56 pm

Jacobs was a similarly bad prospect for a first round pick; there’s a great case that Jacobs was worse. At least Edwards-Helaire is in a great offense with a great coach and great QB.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:00 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:56 pm Jacobs was a similarly bad prospect for a first round pick; there’s a great case that Jacobs was worse. At least Edwards-Helaire is in a great offense with a great coach and great QB.
x2

And when you consider a possible jump in receiving production after a year of seasoning the upside for CEH is also much higher.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:22 pm

Ice wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:32 am
That is a Ridiculous stat to me as it is like saying Taylor rushed for 1169 yards but over 50% of his rushing yards came in 3 games or spouting his rushing percent of his total because he had one all time great game accounting for 253 yards of his total. Is he good or did he just suck in 12 games?

Elite long term backs are hard to find. These two are both in good situations to become elite backs but both are just getting started in the body of work department.

By the 17% standard both backs in context had issues is the point which is why its not a stat to plant a flag on IMO.
My point, which I did a poor job of illustrating is CEH had an awesome debut. Hist first game was great, but after that the offense went away from him. Using JT as a comparison, he grew value as the season went further. I feel like he is a part of the fututure for the Colts. CEH is just a piiece for the Chiefs and they tend to push downfield as a default.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:54 pm

mgscott wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:41 pm

Bingo

Maybe so. But probably true. If Williams had to spot start for a 3-4 week stretch, I would imagine he would put up similar numbers to CEH.
You just made a better case than I could for selling CEH now while he still has optimal value. Yeesh - he’s as good as Darrell Williams but for a little longer?

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:11 pm

Bronco Billy wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:54 pm
mgscott wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:41 pm

You just made a better case than I could for selling CEH now while he still has optimal value. Yeesh - he’s as good as Darrell Williams but for a little longer?
Pretty much. Assuming he can hold up.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:23 pm

While I’m largely not a CEH guy, I do think you’re ignoring the possibility he improves as a receiver in year 2 of the offense.

Darrell has the advantage of knowing exactly what to do and where to be after multiple years in the NFL playing in this system.

Just because CEH couldnt separate himself from Darrell as a rookie doesnt mean that he can’t in the future