General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby Ice » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:45 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:34 am You can easily google it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chiefswire ... -pick/amp/
“… Coach and I were thinking your way,” Veach said. “Then when we texted Pat [Mahomes] and I said, ‘Give me a name and don’t think about it.’ And he said, ‘Clyde [Edwards-Helaire] and I said, ‘We’re good.'”
So the organization including the QB were all in agreement CEH was the best back in the draft........

That isn't a bomb shell nor is it that they asked input from the player. Not every organization are the Giants or Patriots looking at both ends of the success spectrum.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:03 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:14 am
Ice wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:12 am
murphysxm wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 10:20 am I was never as high as the community on CEH. I see him as being pumped up solely because of landing spot. He was a luxury pick the Chiefs could afford to take and is being asked to do a little more than they expected with Williams opting out. Bell's signing just means they can use him more in the way they want to. I expect his touches and production to dip, but his efficiency to rise. Hopefully, long term, Bell can share some of his knowledge and experience. His patient style of running should work well with what KC does
I don't ever buy the concept of a luxury pick in the first round. KC took CEH because he was the top player on their board and an area of need.
The coaching staff may have been leaning ceh but mahomes essentially chose which rb he wanted. That falls more into the category of a luxury pick than not to me. Also means the chiefs didn’t necessarily think ceh was the best talent. Reid asked mahomes which Rb he wanted and mahomes texted back he wanted ceh. The legend goes that it just so happened to be the Rb Reid was already thinking of but that could just be coachspeak. If there was a clear cut top rb on their board they’re not then going to ask mahomes who he wants
Eh, I think if the felt Taylor or Swift were the better prospect then they would have taken that player and just texted Mahomes, that they were going to take whoever and to get excited. I doubt Mahomes would have been upset. The GM and coach wanted CEH, whether they thought he was the best RB talent or maybe they thought he was the best fit for their offense.

I mean it's a cute story and all, but I don't think you let your QB make your first round pick from his couch because you just casually text him and without thinking about it he texts you back a name without having done any real scouting or comparing the available RBs. For chrsissake have you ever even done that with your first round fantasy pick, just made it without thinking about it? Its nonsensical and I'm surprised some people would believe that is how they actually made the pick.

Maybe, just maybe, they were considering a few backs like CEH, Taylor, and Swfit and couldn't decide so they texted Mahomes and he broke the tie... maybe...

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:14 am

Ice wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:45 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:34 am You can easily google it

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chiefswire ... -pick/amp/
“… Coach and I were thinking your way,” Veach said. “Then when we texted Pat [Mahomes] and I said, ‘Give me a name and don’t think about it.’ And he said, ‘Clyde [Edwards-Helaire] and I said, ‘We’re good.'”
So the organization including the QB were all in agreement CEH was the best back in the draft........

That isn't a bomb shell nor is it that they asked input from the player. Not every organization are the Giants or Patriots looking at both ends of the success spectrum.
It’s “nothing” but you yourself seemed incredulous that it could even be possible just a post earlier. You DLF people just make me laugh lol

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:18 am

thebeast wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:03 am
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:14 am
Ice wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:12 am

I don't ever buy the concept of a luxury pick in the first round. KC took CEH because he was the top player on their board and an area of need.
The coaching staff may have been leaning ceh but mahomes essentially chose which rb he wanted. That falls more into the category of a luxury pick than not to me. Also means the chiefs didn’t necessarily think ceh was the best talent. Reid asked mahomes which Rb he wanted and mahomes texted back he wanted ceh. The legend goes that it just so happened to be the Rb Reid was already thinking of but that could just be coachspeak. If there was a clear cut top rb on their board they’re not then going to ask mahomes who he wants
Eh, I think if the felt Taylor or Swift were the better prospect then they would have taken that player and just texted Mahomes, that they were going to take whoever and to get excited. I doubt Mahomes would have been upset. The GM and coach wanted CEH, whether they thought he was the best RB talent or maybe they thought he was the best fit for their offense.

I mean it's a cute story and all, but I don't think you let your QB make your first round pick from his couch because you just casually text him and without thinking about it he texts you back a name without having done any real scouting or comparing the available RBs. For chrsissake have you ever even done that with your first round fantasy pick, just made it without thinking about it? Its nonsensical and I'm surprised some people would believe that is how they actually made the pick.

Maybe, just maybe, they were considering a few backs like CEH, Taylor, and Swfit and couldn't decide so they texted Mahomes and he broke the tie... maybe...
Yeah they were probably considering a few. If they were 100% taking ceh because they thought he was the best talent it’d make zero sense to ask mahomes who he wanted . What if mahomes said he wanted swift, they’d just text back “April fools, we’re taking ceh. Get cuck’d lol”??

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:33 am

Anyone getting concerned about his lack of usage? Or am I just freaking out for no reason?

I know he'll never be a 25 carry guy, but will KC ever rely on him? Obviously this week was due to illness, but he's been playing only ~50% of snaps the past 3 weeks. What are the chances Bell likes the winning ways in KC and signs a vet minimum contract to stay? Just seems like this could be a sticky situation.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:48 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:33 am Anyone getting concerned about his lack of usage? Or am I just freaking out for no reason?

I know he'll never be a 25 carry guy, but will KC ever rely on him? Obviously this week was due to illness, but he's been playing only ~50% of snaps the past 3 weeks. What are the chances Bell likes the winning ways in KC and signs a vet minimum contract to stay? Just seems like this could be a sticky situation.
I still think they will run the ball in the future. I also don't see bell back. His past shows what he's willing to do for a buck. He bailed on a winning Steelers team to sit a year, just to sign with a terrible jets team.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:57 am

I'm very concerned. I won't be starting him next week. I would rather go with Ronald Jones or Akers.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:05 am

steelman wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:57 am I'm very concerned. I won't be starting him next week. I would rather go with Ronald Jones or Akers.
He missed practice with the flue, right? I’m pretty sure he was dressed as the emergency back.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

chubnubbin
Starter
Starter

Postby chubnubbin » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:13 am

Mike11 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:05 am
steelman wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:57 am I'm very concerned. I won't be starting him next week. I would rather go with Ronald Jones or Akers.
He missed practice with the flue, right? I’m pretty sure he was dressed as the emergency back.
yeah, he never took the field.

hoos89
Legend
Legend

Postby hoos89 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:14 am

ghetto pimp wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:13 am
yeah, he never took the field.
Yeah this week can safely be disregarded. He wasn't in the game plan due to illness.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:39 am

Its concerning from a redraft standpoint, but his body of work for the first 2/3rds of the season have him cemented in my mind as a RB1. Unless he can get more involved in the passing game I dont expect to see him top 5/6 range though. The carries just arent there for him for reasons already discussed in other threads (tldr; why run for 4-5 yards a play or dump it off in the flat when you can sling it to Tyfreak for 225 yards and 2 TDs in a quarter?) but he looks the part of a high-end NFL RB when given touches.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:44 am

Yesterday's game shouldn't be a factor, since he was clearly sick and only an emergency back.

But overall, I still stand by the notion that he's a solid talent in an elite situation. I don't see an elite RB.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:36 am

Yep. This week can be disregarded entirely, but I don't trust him due to his body of work over the last 8 weeks or so. He's just not getting enough touches. He's entirely TD dependent, but despite their ridiculous offence, KC actually struggles a bit in the red zone. If CEH doesn't score, he will get you almost nothing.

For dynasty purposes, I'm all in. For this years playoff run, he'll be on the bench

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:47 am

With the exception of Kareem Hunt, haven't we seen Andy sometimes bring along rookie RBs a touch more slowly? If he works into that dedicated 3rd down roll and takes a slight step forward I'm happy with 1100-1200 yards from scrimmage and 6/7 total TDs he's likely to end up with as a rookie. I think there's room for improvement and people placed colossal expectations on him for year one. He looks the part and is a likely post-hype guy for those that thought he'd have Kareem Hunt's rookie year. I think not having preseason clearly impact the running backs across the board more than people expected it to.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Mon Dec 07, 2020 12:31 pm

CGW wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:48 am I still think they will run the ball in the future. I also don't see bell back. His past shows what he's willing to do for a buck. He bailed on a winning Steelers team to sit a year, just to sign with a terrible jets team.
This is an egregiously bad anti-labour take, and a moral-hit-job on one of the more standup dudes in the NFL. When you're done licking the boot heel of literal billionaires, perhaps consider the scope of Leveon's career, and what you are trying to reduce it to:

- He rightly wanted to be paid for services rendered, for a five year stretch of all-pro play starting in 2013.
- All of this was done on his rookie contract. He was never paid to the level of his production - just the bare minimum that the Steelers could get away with and nothing more.
- He only had one shot to get a good contract - and the Steelers were not willing to give it to him, and were very willing to tag him another year and ride him into the ground - thus he took the only leverage he had.

The man wanted to be paid properly for the job he does. The Jets were the only team that answered that call. That's not Leveon's fault. If you got to the end of a career like Leveons and your body was literally broken down, and your best years behind you - and you never got a long term deal commiserate with what you put on the field... then glory and highlight reels aside, you would rightly conclude that your career as a professional was a failure.

Now have a heart, and get off my lawn.