Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:37 am

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:17 am
Pac_Eddy wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:57 pm I'm not surprised that Damien Williams had a nice day thanks to those two short TDs.

I feel like CEH is a good player, but victim of being out of the lineup on days like today where those opportunities were there. I still thought the Chiefs would use his receiving abilities quite a bit more than they do.
Damien doing work all the way from CHI and on the Covid list. Dawg's FPPT has to be off the charts.
Ha, nice catch. Both of the D. Williams had a nice day for backup RBs.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:47 am

nathanq42 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:36 am
killer_of_giants wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:28 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:08 am

I'm saying these were short yardage TDs.
the chiefs have 5 rushes from inside the 5 so far this season. they all went to williams, who scored 4 times.
last year, helaire got 9 carries from inside the 5: 1 TD, 3 yards gained. maybe he just isn't that good in short yardage situations.

(source: pro football reference)
I watched a lot of the Chiefs last year, if you watch the first game of the season he had what felt like a lot of redzone carries where he was met 3 years behind the LoS by a defender (usually JJ Watt)
sure, the numbers are low enough to need a deeper look, what i find more worrying is the fact that helaire has not been given one chance inside the 5 in 4 games and a half, while williams has (and has done pretty well). still, it could be that helaire did all the work to get there and needed a breather at the "wrong" time, but it's something to have a look into.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:42 am

CEH also has a 1 yard “receiving” TD this season that was basically a rushing play
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:06 am

CEH is better RB but the whole offense looks more comfortable with Willams and I don't know why. Everyone, including myself was excited for CEH for exactly the reasons we saw yesterday. Most any RB the Chiefs use ends up being an RB1, whether that be Spencer Ware, Charcandrick West, Charles, Hunt, Damien Williams, Darrell Williams. Literally doesn't matter. So why can't CEH do what every RB has done since Andy Reid has come to KC? I don't get it.

For sure there is some bad luck involved. But it is devaluing CEH tremendously in the meantime. And maybe something really is off with the dude. I can't figure it out. Probably just variance. We all know Forte was not a TD guy for years.
Here is a link to Curtis Martin. His TDs were all over the place throughout his career. https://www.nfl.com/players/curtis-martin/stats/career

I'm hoping CEH rights the ship. If he can pick up some momentum, I'll probably trade him if I can get anything reasonable though. I don't see anything special here.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:43 am

KC looks better when they don’t turn the ball over. KC looks better when they have some semblance of a defense.

It’s not the RB. CEH will be the guy when he gets healthy.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:05 am

Ice wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:43 am KC looks better when they don’t turn the ball over. KC looks better when they have some semblance of a defense.

It’s not the RB. CEH will be the guy when he gets healthy.
For 2021, absolutely.

For 2022 and beyond? Who knows.. when you haven't been very impressive AND you're not able to stay on the field teams tend to create an insurance plan.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:09 am

SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:06 am CEH is better RB but the whole offense looks more comfortable with Willams and I don't know why. Everyone, including myself was excited for CEH for exactly the reasons we saw yesterday. Most any RB the Chiefs use ends up being an RB1, whether that be Spencer Ware, Charcandrick West, Charles, Hunt, Damien Williams, Darrell Williams. Literally doesn't matter. So why can't CEH do what every RB has done since Andy Reid has come to KC? I don't get it.
Not taking a victory lap, but I very much agree with the above. Williams fits what they need at RB better in my eyes.
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:29 am

murphysxm wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:09 am
SteveMaddensShoes wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:06 am CEH is better RB but the whole offense looks more comfortable with Willams and I don't know why. Everyone, including myself was excited for CEH for exactly the reasons we saw yesterday. Most any RB the Chiefs use ends up being an RB1, whether that be Spencer Ware, Charcandrick West, Charles, Hunt, Damien Williams, Darrell Williams. Literally doesn't matter. So why can't CEH do what every RB has done since Andy Reid has come to KC? I don't get it.
Not taking a victory lap, but I very much agree with the above. Williams fits what they need at RB better in my eyes.
Charles and Hunt were legitimately talented RBs.

Damien Williams is an athletic specimen with a 3 down skillset that is now past his prime and can't stay healthy.

CEH is doing about as well as Chancandrick West, Spencer Ware and Darrell Williams.

The offense looked "more comfortable" because they were playing, against , statistically, one of the worst defense in the NFL.

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:42 am

murphysxm wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:33 pm
murphysxm wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:29 pm
Ice wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:52 pm

Why?

He has had 26 carries for 99 yards all year.

CEH was coming off back to back 100 yard rushing games prior to his injury. The good news for Williams is he will get 3 easy run defenses in the next 4 games but he is zero threat to take CEH's job. KC does need get back to trying to run the ball to help their horrid defense or they will be on the sidelines come playoff time.
Didn't say it was rational, just have a strong hunch. He seems to fit in that team in a more comfortable way for Mahomes
My gut appears to have won this week….
2.95 YPC for Williams this week, that doesn't feel like someone who is coming for CEH's job...
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:33 pm

Mike11 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:42 am
murphysxm wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:33 pm
murphysxm wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:29 pm

Didn't say it was rational, just have a strong hunch. He seems to fit in that team in a more comfortable way for Mahomes
My gut appears to have won this week….
2.95 YPC for Williams this week, that doesn't feel like someone who is coming for CEH's job...
Using facts against him isn't fair....Didn't you get the memo? :biggrin:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mike11 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:00 am

Is anyone borderline out on him at this point? Now Gore is in the mix. I just got offered 2 very late 2022 firsts (I'd be lucky if it was earlier than pick 7-10) for him and although it leaves me thin at RB it may be good to hit a reset. He did string together some nice performances before injury.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:07 am

Mike11 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:00 am Is anyone borderline out on him at this point? Now Gore is in the mix. I just got offered 2 very late 2022 firsts (I'd be lucky if it was earlier than pick 7-10) for him and although it leaves me thin at RB it may be good to hit a reset. He did string together some nice performances before injury.
The only reason I'd think about selling is his passing game usage. He has 64 targets in 18 games (3.5 targets/GM) and came into the league with a strong reputation as a receiving back. For whatever reason, they are not interested in using him as a receiver. He has 10 targets in 5 games this season.

Players like Gore or Williams will play, but I don't think either are going to threaten him for a larger workload. The general concern is that they simply don't care to establish the run game week to week, nor do they want to use him to his strengths as a receiver.

So long-term, what is he there?

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:08 am

Mike11 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:00 am Is anyone borderline out on him at this point? Now Gore is in the mix. I just got offered 2 very late 2022 firsts (I'd be lucky if it was earlier than pick 7-10) for him and although it leaves me thin at RB it may be good to hit a reset. He did string together some nice performances before injury.
Probably not getting a different answer from people then they held last year this time. Those who were out are still out, those who are in are still in. One glaring discrepancy to me was one of the major arguments people had for CEH was that Andy Reid is a the RB whisperer, turns all his backs into RB1s, is a great coach who knows how to utilize him. Now apparently he's a moron who doesn't know what he's doing and isn't utilizing him properly at all. Perhaps CEH just isn't living up to what he was billed as and his usage is dictated by what he's show in camp and practice. You'll probably get biased responses from either camp. But if I could get two 1sts for him right now, even in what is looking like a rather bland 2022 draft class, I'd personally take it.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:10 am

I would jump on that offer so fast. Feels like cashing out before his value fully deflates to me.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:36 am

No. Gore was in the mix because Williams isn't a 3 down workhorse. Gore ran through some nice holes. All I got from last night was that CEH is definitely the most talented back on that roster. I actually think the fact KC isn't playing well, and teams are playing so much 2 high safety, bodes well for CEH when he comes back. Nothing that happened last night suggested CEH is losing his job. As I said, to me, it just confirms his job isn't in danger of being lost. Gore is very limited.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick