Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:07 pm

AkaliWarrior wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:47 pm When I see a player with so much positivity, across the board, with almost no dissent, I'll do the head-fake and run the other direction. There are so many CEH truthers, that he's bound to fail. Even if it is up to the fantasy Gods, he's bound to be a middling talent or even a bust. Call it the Madden Cover curse of the fantasy community, but there is so much one-way love for this guy, that it's bound to come crashing down.
This might be the worst argument I've seen against any player in my entire time of these boards.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:32 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:16 pm
PR0v3 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:45 pm
Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:24 pm

CEH landed in the most optimal system for his skillset. That said, I agree. CEH is a nice player, but it's very clear his value is inflated mostly because of landing spot.

That said, pre-draft we compared him in some ways to Devonta Freeman, who is an outlier. Freeman landed in a great scheme with Kyle Shanahan and produced big numbers in Atlanta. It's hard to bank on someone being an outlier like Freeman, but CEH has a optimal script to do it.
Is his value inflated because of landing spot or was his value pre-draft deflated due to questions surrounding proper utilization of his skillset? Any coach can hand the ball off to a guy and ask him to run forward. Not every coach can scheme to get the ball in their playmakers hands through the air.
Are they going to be doing a lot of scheming to get the ball to CEH when they have Kelce & Tyreek though? I think he might even have a fight with Watkins & Hardman.
Watkins? He did absolutely nothing last year after week 1. I would never purposely scheme that guy touches.
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

TheNuts
Captain
Captain

Postby TheNuts » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:32 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:07 pm
AkaliWarrior wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:47 pm When I see a player with so much positivity, across the board, with almost no dissent, I'll do the head-fake and run the other direction. There are so many CEH truthers, that he's bound to fail. Even if it is up to the fantasy Gods, he's bound to be a middling talent or even a bust. Call it the Madden Cover curse of the fantasy community, but there is so much one-way love for this guy, that it's bound to come crashing down.
This might be the worst argument I've seen against any player in my entire time of these boards.
Especially when so many consensus top rookie rbs succeed...
12 team ppr 4 point pass td

Murray, Minshew
Singletary, Lindsay, Samuels, Ty Johnson
Chark, Arob, Woods, Diontae, Nkeal, Lazard, Conley, Cole, Dorsett
Higbee, Jarwin, Dissly
Gould, Patriots

14 team ppr superflex, .2 ppc, WR 25% ppr bonus, TE ppr bonus 75%

Mayfield, Minshew, Trubisky, Foles, Hill
Djohns, Singletary, Fournette, Harris, Armstead, Ogunbawale, Samuels
Julio, Arob, Woods, Sims Jr, Claypool, Duvernay, Isabella, Conley, Tyrell
Waller, Hurst, Jarwin, Boyle

12 team ppr 4 point pass td, superflex, 1.5 TE ppr

Goff, Minshew, Hill, Alllen, Walker
Chubb, Taylor, Henry, Singletary, David Johnson, Damien Harris, Hyde, Boone, Blasingame
Tyreek, Boyd, Diontae, Marvin Jones, Pittman, Nkeal, Duvernay, Sims Jr, Stills
Waller, Higbee, Arnold, Olsen, Parkinson, Sample

20 team ppr 6 point pass td, .05 point per return yard

Matt Ryan
Fournette, Singletary, Harris, Cohen, Duke Johnson, Trey Edmunds
Davante Adams, Tyreek, Sutton, Boyd, Dorsett, Tyrell
Kittle, Jarwin, Oliver

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:34 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:24 pmThat said, pre-draft we compared him in some ways to Devonta Freeman, who is an outlier. Freeman landed in a great scheme with Kyle Shanahan and produced big numbers in Atlanta. It's hard to bank on someone being an outlier like Freeman, but CEH has a optimal script to do it.
I'm really disappointed in myself for not mentioning Freeman in my post referencing similar players with success. I made that comparison a month and a half ago.
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:16 amComparing a RB with great size-adjusted speed to a 4.6 guy misses the point of why we do RB comparisons. It’s not useful for anything other than making yourself feel good about CEH.

Devonta Freeman (5’8, 206, 4.58) is a much better comparison, doesn’t completely break the size adjusted athleticism mold, and still illustrates the upside (he had multiple RB1 seasons including one as THE RB1).

Nobody would object to taking “Devonta Freeman, but with Pat Mahomes and Andy Reid” first overall in a rookie draft. There’s no need to draw a bad comparison to a better athlete to make ourselves feel better.
Ugh. Anyways, the three biggest differences between Freeman and CEH were that 1. Freeman went in the 4th round, CEH went in the 1st, and 2. Freeman was good as a freshman and sophomore, while Helaire was not, and 3. while they're similar size-speed comparisons, CEH's jumps were way better.

I think CEH is a better prospect than Freeman. Right now, players like CEH and Freeman are atypical RB1s. It's possible that the NFL is changing in a manner in which guys like CEH and Freeman will find success more often. I'm more conservative with players in CEH's price range, so I'm not going to end up with him in very many places, if at all.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:46 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:52 pmJT was only viewed as the consensus top talent pre-draft because up until the draft the talent benchmark was the combine.
Jonathan Taylor went over 2000 yards from scrimmage as a true freshman, sophomore, and junior, the only time in history that's ever been done.

But yeah. It was just the combine. :clap:

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:49 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:46 pm
PR0v3 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:52 pmJT was only viewed as the consensus top talent pre-draft because up until the draft the talent benchmark was the combine.
Jonathan Taylor went over 2000 yards from scrimmage as a true freshman, sophomore, and junior, the only time in history that's ever been done.

Why do CEH truthers always resort to some JT comment or bringing JT into the conversation when they can’t defend an issue about CEH? I know it can be hard for some people, but stay focused. Stop trying to yell squirrel

I have Dobbins ahead of all of them anyways, but sure we can distract from CEHs short comings by trying to bring down JT...

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:52 pm

Johnny B. Goode wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:49 pm

Why do CEH truthers always resort to some JT comment or bringing JT into the conversation when they can’t defend an issue about CEH? I know it can be hard for some people, but stay focused. Stop trying to yell squirrel

I have Dobbins ahead of all of them anyways, but sure we can distract from CEHs short comings by trying to bring down JT...
I happen to like all 3 players mentioned, for different reasons, but glossing over the production of JT is a bit much. I have CEH and JT so close in my rankings, as with Dobbins. All players are good, none are perfect. It doesn't have to be one vs the other all the time. I personally think all 3 will find success.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:56 pm

It was all the O-line!

Here's every Wisconsin O-lineman drafted since 2017:
3rd round Michael Dieter (2018)
5th round David Edwards (2018)
4th round Tyler Biadasz (2019)

There are also 0 Wisconsin OL projected to go highly in the 2020 class.

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:00 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:56 pm

It was all the O-line!

Yeah Wisconsin's vaunted OL compared to the "awful" OLs other top RB prospects ran behind at *checks notes* Georgia, LSU and Ohio State?

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:00 pm

TheNuts wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:32 pm
ericanadian wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:16 pm
PR0v3 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:45 pm

Is his value inflated because of landing spot or was his value pre-draft deflated due to questions surrounding proper utilization of his skillset? Any coach can hand the ball off to a guy and ask him to run forward. Not every coach can scheme to get the ball in their playmakers hands through the air.
Are they going to be doing a lot of scheming to get the ball to CEH when they have Kelce & Tyreek though? I think he might even have a fight with Watkins & Hardman.
Watkins? He did absolutely nothing last year after week 1. I would never purposely scheme that guy touches.
He did alright in the playoffs as well.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:25 pm

As if a RB’s only job is to take handoffs...

Although I can’t blame you for thinking so, watching stone age Wisconsin football for three years would make anyone think such a thing. :D
Last edited by PR0v3 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:29 pm

StripesOfKC wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:00 pm

It was all the O-line!

Yeah Wisconsin's vaunted OL compared to the "awful" OLs other top RB prospects ran behind at *checks notes* Georgia, LSU and Ohio State?
Their OL still dominated in most games. The level of competition was not great. JT certainly maximized it, but it isn't the SEC. Other than Ohio St., Oregon, and Michigan St. and Michigan to a lesser extent, they face very little that can push back against them. I tried to find games against "good" competition, and it's tough to find. He had 1 good game, and 1 poor game vs Ohio St. Was mediocre vs Oregon and Michigan St, and although Michigan is supposed to be good, their OL dominated, and JT ran wild. I am a big JT fan, but his strength is not creating on his own. He really can maximize good blocking with his size and speed, though. Once he gets going, he's a nightmare. If he's forced to stop or slow down behind the LOS, he can be contained more than some other backs in this class, CEH being one of them.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:35 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:25 pm

As if a RB’s only job is to take handoffs...
Jesus this is a lame response. Somebody tell my man what “yards from scrimmage” means. But yeah man. You were right. It was all the combine. :lol:

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:35 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:29 pm

It was all the O-line!

Their OL still dominated in most games. The level of competition was not great. JT certainly maximized it, but it isn't the SEC. Other than Ohio St., Oregon, and Michigan St. and Michigan to a lesser extent, they face very little that can push back against them.
And LSU's OL didn't dominate against against the entire SEC besides Alabama, Auburn and Clemson in the playoff?

Or Georgia's against every team besides Florida, Alabama and LSU?

Or Ohio State against every team besides Clemson, Michigan and Wisconsin?

The SEC is better but it has plenty of bad and mediocre teams for LSU and Georgia's 5 star behomoths to mow down as well

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:38 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:29 pm

It was all the O-line!

Their OL still dominated in most games. The level of competition was not great. JT certainly maximized it, but it isn't the SEC. Other than Ohio St., Oregon, and Michigan St. and Michigan to a lesser extent, they face very little that can push back against them. I tried to find games against "good" competition, and it's tough to find. He had 1 good game, and 1 poor game vs Ohio St. Was mediocre vs Oregon and Michigan St, and although Michigan is supposed to be good, their OL dominated, and JT ran wild. I am a big JT fan, but his strength is not creating on his own. He really can maximize good blocking with his size and speed, though. Once he gets going, he's a nightmare. If he's forced to stop or slow down behind the LOS, he can be contained more than some other backs in this class, CEH being one of them.
Penn St. #5 rush defense in the nation
Iowa #14 rush defense
Minnesota #23

Are also quality Big 10 Rushing defenses... The Big 10 is probably the 2nd strongest conference in terms of rush defense in NCAAF.

This is a really bad take, that's all I'm going to say here.