Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hoos89
Legend
Legend

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby hoos89 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:23 pm

Literally 16 of those 29 carries were his rookie season, guy

E: See it was since 2014, my bad. Point still stands though: if he's really the best goal line guy then why is he getting so little goal line work? Could it be that the high percentage is because they only hand it off to him in specific situations that are very favorable for scoring? He's got fewer inside the 5 carries than almost anyone on that list, and I'd guess he's at or near the bottom on inside the 5 carries per total carries.
Last edited by hoos89 on Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2021 Champion, 2020 Runner-up
Tua, Purdy Geno, Carr
JT, Ekeler, Mostert, Javonte, Chuba, D. Harris, M. Carter, J. Hill, Spiller
Chase, AJB, Amon-Ra, Aiyuk, Olave, DJM, Dell
Andrews, McBride, Engram
IR(3): Chubb, M. Williams, Rodgers
Taxi(4): J. Palmer, Tolbert, T. Palmer
2024 Picks: 3, 4, 5

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
2021 Champion, 2022 Runner-up
Jackson, Love, Tannehill, Z. Wilson
Barkley, Mixon, Mostert, J. Wilson, CEH, Gaskin, J. Hill
J. Jefferson, Diggs, Waddle, Evans, Metcalf, Sutton, R. Moore, Slayton, Berrios, Carter, Dortch, Powell, Raymond
Kelce, Dissly, Hooper
2024 Picks: 1

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:26 pm

hoos89 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:23 pm Literally 16 of those 29 carries were his rookie season, guy
I roster CEH, but I expect Bell to get GL work. I don't really care. Bell will be there for a handful of games, and CEH has an entire rookie deal. CEH has been a backend RB1 with poor OL play, and being a raw rookie with no offseason. He has a very safe floor, and hasn't scratched his ceiling yet. That just probably won't be this year, but he's still going to be a productive back in a top end offense.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krypto_King » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:53 pm

D Will returns next year, yeah? They can sign or draft other players next year. I'd take this as a bad sign for CEH regardless of what we think of the specific player they signed today.

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:56 pm

:wall:
We knew Bell was going to destroy someone’s fantasy value, just wished it wasn’t CEH’s.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:08 pm

Krypto_King wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:53 pm D Will returns next year, yeah? They can sign or draft other players next year. I'd take this as a bad sign for CEH regardless of what we think of the specific player they signed today.
Why? I don't understand why people can't see that a team adding an upgrade in talent to a position they are thin at is an indictment on CEH.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:08 pm

usps33 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:56 pm :wall:
We knew Bell was going to destroy someone’s fantasy value, just wished it wasn’t CEH’s.
It's not destroyed, get off the ledge...... :lol:

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:21 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:08 pm
Lol, just for this year, but for dynasty I would by CEH all day long still.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:22 pm

usps33 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:21 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:08 pm
Lol, just for this year, but for dynasty I would by CEH all day long still.
Not even. He's still going to be startable IMO. He's not just going to be on the bench all game because of this.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:25 pm

I love how the CEH truthers are vivaciously going to each thread CEH is being talked about in to tell us that Bell’s signing means nothing.

Who are you trying to convince me or yourself lol?

I popped into the Gaskin thread and they are in there professing about CEH
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:28 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:25 pm I love how the CEH truthers are vivaciously going to each thread CEH is being talked about in to tell us that Bell’s signing means nothing.

And all the haters pop in to say "told ya so", just like just about every player that ever gets discussed at length.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:30 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:25 pm I love how the CEH truthers are vivaciously going to each thread CEH is being talked about in to tell us that Bell’s signing means nothing.

Reference? Who is doin that, exactly? Who said it means nothing? It obviously means something in the short term, and I don't think anybody is arguing that, but CEH's value and production hasn't suddenly imploded because the Chiefs signed a veteran upgrade for their RB room. Bell is surely going to take some touches out of that backfield, but I don't think CEH "truthers" as you call them, (plural: as in multiple people) are saying it means "nothing". Can you back this statement up with actual facts?

In the Gaskin thread, there were a few (2) comments about CEH being fine, one in which I aknowledged Bell would get touches, in response to someone making a comment about CEH. Nobody was "professing" anything. Try again.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:43 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:28 pm

And all the haters pop in to say "told ya so", just like just about every player that ever gets discussed at length.
Calling people who disagree with you “haters” is pathognomonic of a rejection of critical thinking.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:49 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:43 pm
bjd5211 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:28 pm

Calling people who disagree with you “haters” is pathognomonic of a rejection of critical thinking.
"Haters" and "Truthers" are equal and opposite terms. People use "truther" to sarcastically describe fans of players they don't like or don't value as highly, especially in the context it was used here. Same as "hater" is used for people who are much lower on a player.

Not everything is supposed to be taken literally.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:54 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:30 pm

Reference? Who is doin that, exactly? Who said it means nothing? It obviously means something in the short term, and I don't think anybody is arguing that, but CEH's value and production hasn't suddenly imploded because the Chiefs signed a veteran upgrade for their RB room. Bell is surely going to take some touches out of that backfield, but I don't think CEH "truthers" as you call them, (plural: as in multiple people) are saying it means "nothing". Can you back this statement up with actual facts?

In the Gaskin thread, there were a few (2) comments about CEH being fine, one in which I aknowledged Bell would get touches, in response to someone making a comment about CEH. Nobody was "professing" anything. Try again.
Lol I’ve obviously struck a chord. I’ll leave the CEH topic alone.

I actually don’t disagree with a lot of your takes FF. I just thought it was funny that I was seeing comments about CEH being fine in the Myles Gaskin thread.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:57 pm

alewilliam789 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:54 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:30 pm

Lol I’ve obviously struck a chord. I’ll leave the CEH topic alone.

I actually don’t disagree with a lot of your takes FF. I just thought it was funny that I was seeing comments about CEH being fine in the Myles Gaskin thread.
It's just you're making stuff up, that's all. Skewing the reality. I don't really care, you can talk about CEH as much as you want. All the talk on this board won't make 1 shred of difference to the eventual outcome on the field.