Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
hoos89
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4866
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby hoos89 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:51 am

The Godwin Complex wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:53 am
Mike11 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:42 am
MFundercover wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:38 am
Idk. He didnt look good on the goal line and I didnt see him move the pile once all night.








jk hes a stud
Serious question, on those goal line carries would any rb other than Derrick Henry been able to punch it in? It looked like anyone would’ve gotten stuffed on those but I know haters are going to point this out too.
I loved CEHs performance. But he got stuffed 6 or 7 times on the goal line. The fact that he felt the need to spin on a goal line carry instead of go straight is telling of his style. He is strong only in his speed and elusiveness. But he isn’t going to create space with downhill power at the goal line. That’s not hating that’s just an observation. He will still get some goal line carries, and honestly he is probably more dangerous in the red zone than at the goal line. The more space there is the more dangerous he is. That’s just the nature of speed.
He spun away from freaking JJ Watt 3 yards in the backfield. Even the Fridge isn't punching that in.
Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2020 Runner-up
Rodgers, Tannehill, Wentz
Taylor, Jacobs, Ekeler, D. Harris, Gaskin, Conner, Michel, McKinnon, Ahmed, Love
AJB, DJM, Aiyuk, Claypool, Sutton, Slayton, MVS, Agholor, J. Gordon
Andrews, Herndon
IR(3):
Taxi(4): Tua, G. Davis, Bowden
2021 Picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.11, 3.02, 3.11, 4.11, 5.11

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
Tannehill, Tua, Bridgewater, Mariota, Eason
Barkley, CEH, Ito, J. Jackson, Bowden, Homer, Love, Guice
J. Jefferson, Metcalf, McLaurin, Thielen, Jeudy, Cooks, Berrios, Byrd, Foster, Hansen, Harmon, C. Johnson, T. Johnson
Kelce, Eifert, Herndon
2021 Picks: 1.04, 1.07, 1.08, 2.09, 3.11, 4.04

Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

User avatar
thebeast
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5375
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby thebeast » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:55 am

I’m not saying anything about CEH here. I was watching ESPN first take this morning and one of the former defensive player analysts was saying the Texans run defense was terrible and the issues seemed to be exactly the types of things that would be cleaned up in a typical preseason. He also noted he expects people to be going crazy over the RB production after week 1.
2017 Champion - DLF Hall of Fame League - 16 Team | 1 PPR | 1QB-2WR/2RB/1TE/2FL
2019 Reg. Season Champ & Runner Up - DLF Premium League - 16 Team | 1 PPR | 1QB-2WR/2RB/1TE/2FL

Ice
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby Ice » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:57 am

It is pretty obvious he exceeded expectations even for fans like me. I gambled on him in a Big money Redraft at 6 overall.

Really wanted Henry there as it's a non ppr due to zero questions about ball security. This kid took a lot of shots and the ball never moves. As elusive as he was and his serious power in his legs to start stop I was really impressed with his ball security as studs were pounding on him.

The stage isn't too big for hm at all. Cheers to the KC Brass for taking this kid.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

nathanq42
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3336
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:40 am

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:59 am

murphysxm wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:29 am
I can admit when I am wrong. His pure running ability was much better last night than I expected. It wasn't just the opportunity, which was my arguement. He makes guys miss and is elusive.
To be fair, he is facing pretty light boxes outside of the goal line, on a handful of plays there was a 5 man box, it plays perfectly into his play style (if he has a little bit of time and space he is likely going to win). I'd still say situation is a big factor in him being so effective on the ground, if he was up against 8 man fronts all night (Idk where to find how often he faced certain numbers of defenders in the box but if anyone can that would be a neat stat to put last night into better context), I think it would have been a lot uglier. But that is why him landing in KC put him at 1.01, and the situation likely wont change significantly for at least 3-4 years (as long as Hill and Kelce are signed). Like could you imagine what taylor could have done last night on the Chiefs with 25 touches... (obviously 25 carries and 2 targets wont be the norm for CEH otherwise they likely would have drafted Taylor, but still crazy to think what Taylor could have done vs a 5 man box...)
12 Team 1 ppr .2 points per carry
Garbage
QB Gardner Minshew, Ryan Tannehill
RB CEH, Josh Jacobs, JK Dobbins, D'Andre Swift, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon
WR Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Junior, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Preston Williams, Bryan Edwards, James Washington, Van Jefferson
TE TJ Hockenson, Darren Waller
+1 Flex

Ice
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby Ice » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:03 am

thebeast wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:55 am
I’m not saying anything about CEH here. I was watching ESPN first take this morning and one of the former defensive player analysts was saying the Texans run defense was terrible and the issues seemed to be exactly the types of things that would be cleaned up in a typical preseason. He also noted he expects people to be going crazy over the RB production after week 1.
There was actually quite a bit of slop from both teams last night. There were at least 5 dropped passes and multiple missed tackles by both teams but CEH simply destroyed 6 in the box which bodes well for him because if any team tries to stack the box KC will kill them in the passing game with those weapons.

A team better have a great front 7 to slow KC down. The Texans actually have a good front 7 but not great.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ericanadian
Legend
Legend
Posts: 5338
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:13 pm

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby ericanadian » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:20 am

nathanq42 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:59 am
murphysxm wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:29 am
I can admit when I am wrong. His pure running ability was much better last night than I expected. It wasn't just the opportunity, which was my arguement. He makes guys miss and is elusive.
To be fair, he is facing pretty light boxes outside of the goal line, on a handful of plays there was a 5 man box, it plays perfectly into his play style (if he has a little bit of time and space he is likely going to win). I'd still say situation is a big factor in him being so effective on the ground, if he was up against 8 man fronts all night (Idk where to find how often he faced certain numbers of defenders in the box but if anyone can that would be a neat stat to put last night into better context), I think it would have been a lot uglier. But that is why him landing in KC put him at 1.01, and the situation likely wont change significantly for at least 3-4 years (as long as Hill and Kelce are signed). Like could you imagine what taylor could have done last night on the Chiefs with 25 touches... (obviously 25 carries and 2 targets wont be the norm for CEH otherwise they likely would have drafted Taylor, but still crazy to think what Taylor could have done vs a 5 man box...)
Best I can find is the defensive lineups, but no way to tell if a defender dropped back into coverage.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Tannehill, Mariota
RB - Gordon, Cook, Penny, Guice, Harris, Laird, Love
WR - Julio, C. Davis, AJ Brown, Samuel, Washington, Di. Johnson, Isabella
TE - Henry, Andrews
LB - Kuechly, R. Smith
DL - Hunter, Armstead, Quinn
DB - D. James, Baker, Edmunds
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10523
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:05 am

A lot of yards after contact and made some nice stop/start moves. Also, wasn't used in the pass game, which is the scary part. KC's offensive line also looked good. Osemele had a dominant game run blocking.

CEH is a good player, but just not the type of player I could invest in as a rookie at that type of price.

Online
Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9910
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:10 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:05 am
A lot of yards after contact and made some nice stop/start moves. Also, wasn't used in the pass game, which is the scary part. KC's offensive line also looked good. Osemele had a dominant game run blocking.

CEH is a good player, but just not the type of player I could invest in as a rookie at that type of price.
Yeah unless you had the top pick in your rookie draft, it's practically impossible to get him
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - 14 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones, Eason
RB: JT, Dillon, Gaskin, Mostert, Gus, Mattison, McFarland, Snell, Wilson, McKissic, Darrel
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston, Parris
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.10, 2, 3, 4, 5.08, 5.10, 6, 7, 9, 10

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - 20 Keepers
QB: Mahomes, Ryan, Minshew, Mariota, Trub
RB: Saquon, Dobbins, Jacobs, Hunt, Penny, Snell
WR: AJB, DJM, Chark, C. Davis, C. Samuel, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, Mooney, G. Davis, Lazard, J. Washington
TE: Andrews, Henry, Irv, Gesicki, Tonyan
2021: 1.03, 2.05, 2.09, 3.05, 3.09
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 10523
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:06 pm

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:14 am

Jigga94 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:10 am
Cameron Giles wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:05 am
A lot of yards after contact and made some nice stop/start moves. Also, wasn't used in the pass game, which is the scary part. KC's offensive line also looked good. Osemele had a dominant game run blocking.

CEH is a good player, but just not the type of player I could invest in as a rookie at that type of price.
Yeah unless you had the top pick in your rookie draft, it's practically impossible to get him
Exactly. And it's not even like he got a value bump because of this game. Mizelle ADP already had him as 1.05 in startups.

hoos89
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4866
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby hoos89 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:33 am

Cameron Giles wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:14 am
Jigga94 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:10 am
Cameron Giles wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:05 am
A lot of yards after contact and made some nice stop/start moves. Also, wasn't used in the pass game, which is the scary part. KC's offensive line also looked good. Osemele had a dominant game run blocking.

CEH is a good player, but just not the type of player I could invest in as a rookie at that type of price.
Yeah unless you had the top pick in your rookie draft, it's practically impossible to get him
Exactly. And it's not even like he got a value bump because of this game. Mizelle ADP already had him as 1.05 in startups.
I'm curious how many, if any, actual startups there were this offseason where someone took him in the top half of the first. If someone offered me Michael Thomas for him I'd jump on that so fast. That said...I think his performance and usage in game 1 (even w/o targets) supports a startup value in the back half of the first, which is about where it was in May-July based solely on draft capital and situation.
Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2020 Runner-up
Rodgers, Tannehill, Wentz
Taylor, Jacobs, Ekeler, D. Harris, Gaskin, Conner, Michel, McKinnon, Ahmed, Love
AJB, DJM, Aiyuk, Claypool, Sutton, Slayton, MVS, Agholor, J. Gordon
Andrews, Herndon
IR(3):
Taxi(4): Tua, G. Davis, Bowden
2021 Picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.11, 3.02, 3.11, 4.11, 5.11

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
Tannehill, Tua, Bridgewater, Mariota, Eason
Barkley, CEH, Ito, J. Jackson, Bowden, Homer, Love, Guice
J. Jefferson, Metcalf, McLaurin, Thielen, Jeudy, Cooks, Berrios, Byrd, Foster, Hansen, Harmon, C. Johnson, T. Johnson
Kelce, Eifert, Herndon
2021 Picks: 1.04, 1.07, 1.08, 2.09, 3.11, 4.04

Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

User avatar
hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4262
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:05 am

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby hockeyBjj » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:51 am

In a vaccum, offering JuJu and two late 1sts too much? Or give it a shot?

Weirdly wasn't used in the passing game, maybe game plan/script related? And he struggled on goal to go. Like 0-6 inside the 5 yard line. Other than that looked stellar with not only speed and explosiveness but visually finding the hole and pad level making up for missing 15 pounds we'd like him to have.
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2019: 6th place :wall:
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson
RB: Saquan Barkley, Dalvin Cook, Mark Ingram,JK Dobbins, Hyde, Gore
WR: Hopkins, Mike Evans, Juju Smith, T Boyd, Jarvis Landry, R Gage, G Tate, D Slayton, B Perriman, T Williams, A Miller, Beasley, Bourne, AB clown
TE: George Kittle, Higbee, Akins, Reed, K Smith
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Titans, Jax, McManus Den
Taxi- D Henderson, A Mattison, B Snell
picks- 2021- 3,4 2022-1,2,4,5

team 2- 12 team ppr, 1QB, 3WR, 2RB, 1TE, 1WR/RB/TE, 1 RB/TE
4 peat Champs 8-)
QB: Wilson, Cousins, Haskins
RB: CMC, D Cook, Kamara, D Henry, M Davis, Mattison, T Cohen, M Brown, R Armstead,
WR:Hopkins, Arob, Diggs, Golloday, Fuller, Edelman, M Williams, Perriman, Lazard, Dorsett, Higgins,
TE: Kelce, Andrews, Dissly, Akins
picks- 2021- 4,5 2022 1, 3,4,5

Online
bjd5211
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4954
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 11:50 am

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby bjd5211 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:58 am

hockeyBjj wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:51 am
In a vaccum, offering JuJu and two late 1sts too much? Or give it a shot?

Weirdly wasn't used in the passing game, maybe game plan/script related? And he struggled on goal to go. Like 0-6 inside the 5 yard line. Other than that looked stellar with not only speed and explosiveness but visually finding the hole and pad level making up for missing 15 pounds we'd like him to have.
You can give it a shot, and it's not awful, but I wouldn't consider it if I was offered that for any of my CEH shares.

hoos89
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4866
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:53 pm

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby hoos89 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:00 am

Someone high on JuJu might take that.
Team 2: 12 Team PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 R/W/T, 23 man rosters, est. 2016
2020 Runner-up
Rodgers, Tannehill, Wentz
Taylor, Jacobs, Ekeler, D. Harris, Gaskin, Conner, Michel, McKinnon, Ahmed, Love
AJB, DJM, Aiyuk, Claypool, Sutton, Slayton, MVS, Agholor, J. Gordon
Andrews, Herndon
IR(3):
Taxi(4): Tua, G. Davis, Bowden
2021 Picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.11, 3.02, 3.11, 4.11, 5.11

Team 3: 12 Team PPR, 6 pt Pass TD - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 R/W/T, 28 man rosters, est. 2019
Tannehill, Tua, Bridgewater, Mariota, Eason
Barkley, CEH, Ito, J. Jackson, Bowden, Homer, Love, Guice
J. Jefferson, Metcalf, McLaurin, Thielen, Jeudy, Cooks, Berrios, Byrd, Foster, Hansen, Harmon, C. Johnson, T. Johnson
Kelce, Eifert, Herndon
2021 Picks: 1.04, 1.07, 1.08, 2.09, 3.11, 4.04

Team 1: 2012-2016
2013 Champion, 2012 Runner-Up

User avatar
The Godwin Complex
Starter
Starter
Posts: 639
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:38 am

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby The Godwin Complex » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:20 am

hoos89 wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:00 am
Someone high on JuJu might take that.
I’m high on Juju and I wouldn’t take that. I’d work with it to bleed a little more from it. But I’m not snapping at that. There are obvious questions in Pittsburghs foreseeable future and KC is a nice little nest for CEH to flourish in for at least 3-4 years.
2020 BOLD PREDICTIONS
James Robinson’s 2020 production in PPR will be comparable to or better than
Antonio Gibson, DeAndre Swift, and Cam Akers.
Are You Willing To Put Up or Shut Up?
Make Your Bold Prediction Here



12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: B. Roethlisberger (PIT)
RB: N. Chubb (CLE), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: C. Godwin (TB), C. Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT),
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: J. Landry (CLE), D. Harris (NE), R. Cobb (HOU)
SUPERFLEX: Sam Darnold (NYJ)


BENCH:
QB: G. Minshew (JAX), J. Luton (Jax), M. Rudolph (PIT)
RB: R. Penny (SEA), S. Michel (NE), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), J. Howard (MIA), J. Wilkins (IND), C. Patterson (CHI)
WR: T. Fulgham (PHI), G. Olszewski (NE), W. Snead (BAL), A. Tate (CIN), L. Fitzgerald (AZ),
TE: D. Asiasi (NE), D. Njoku (CLE), D. Keene (NE)

nathanq42
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3336
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:40 am

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby nathanq42 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:33 am

hockeyBjj wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:51 am
In a vaccum, offering JuJu and two late 1sts too much? Or give it a shot?

Weirdly wasn't used in the passing game, maybe game plan/script related? And he struggled on goal to go. Like 0-6 inside the 5 yard line. Other than that looked stellar with not only speed and explosiveness but visually finding the hole and pad level making up for missing 15 pounds we'd like him to have.
Not a chance for me, but I am low on JuJu and the next couple of drafts. If you offered me 2 players around JuJu's ADP ~20 and I liked both of them (Kittle and Dobbins, I would have a hard time turning that down)
12 Team 1 ppr .2 points per carry
Garbage
QB Gardner Minshew, Ryan Tannehill
RB CEH, Josh Jacobs, JK Dobbins, D'Andre Swift, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon
WR Mike Evans, Odell Beckham Junior, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Preston Williams, Bryan Edwards, James Washington, Van Jefferson
TE TJ Hockenson, Darren Waller
+1 Flex


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ahwatukee Brewer, bjd5211, Bronco Billy, dark_knite03, Farley, Google [Bot], PPE82 and 19 guests