Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Starter
Starter
Posts: 501
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:12 am

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby Bronco Billy » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:00 pm

the_lung wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:51 am
I really can’t believe what I am seeing here. Pre-draft and based on college tape evaluations, Clyde Edwards-Helaire was DLF’s 5th ranked running back in the consensus rankings. He was Matt Waldman’s 7th ranked RB. Yes, Andy Reid has a history of turning RBs into fantasy gold. Yes, the Chiefs have a high powered offense and this was a primo landing spot for CEH. But talent always triumphs over landing spot, and some of the people immediately proclaiming this guy the 1.01 pick seem a little naive. In the past 20 years, the list of RBs who floundered in supposedly primo landing spots is a trail of tears. Furthermore, nobody even knows yet where the landing spots are for arguably superior talents like Swift, Taylor, and Dobbins!

Look, does Clyde Edwards-Helaire move up in my rankings for now based on the draft thus far? Absolutely! But let’s pump the brakes on already declaring him the 1.01 pick in 2020 dynasty league rookie drafts. Let the draft play out and then the debate can truly begin in earnest.
Spot on. Well said. There are 3 RBs who easily could end up being stud RBs, and then CEH - who goes to a HC who has a long history of drafting nontraditional RBs but rather guys who fit his system well. If anyone thinks they can define absolutely that CEH is the best RB in this class before guys even are drafted, much less before they hit the NFL fields and even further before they’ve all had a couple of years in the league, I’d submit that they are putting the cart well before the horse and may be deluding themselves a bit.

OhCruelestRanter
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2210
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: CEH is your new 1.01

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:13 pm

Zacsby wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:11 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:35 am
jomaed wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:41 am


Well we know at least 1 HC thinks CEH is the most talented back in this class. Ill trust one of the great offensive minds in the league.
Did you think Mecole Hardman was better than DK Metcalf too?
The jury isn't even out on that yet. I'm not saying Mecole is better but for what KC was looking for maybe he is. He had 500 and 6 TDs on 26 receptions. DK had 300 more yards and 1 more TD on twice as many receptions. What would have happened if Tyreek Hill didn't make it back onto the field? Taking a WR late in round 2 is not the same as taking a RB in round 1 and what's expected of each player individually and/or the situation they're walking into as far as competition isn't even remotely comparable imo.
That's not what I'm saying. There are two different arguments being made here. One is that Andy Reid is such a good coach and KC is such a good landing spot, that you have to bump CEH to 1.01 or at least consider it. This is fine, and it's a good point. This is what most people are saying. No disagreement from me here.

The other is that because Andy Reid took CEH first, and Andy Reid knows more than we do about football, then that means CEH is actually the most talented back in the class. This is a bad argument- it's an appeal to authority logical fallacy. Reid, like all coaches, make mistakes. Even the premise that Reid thinks he's the most talented is flawed- all we know is that Reid and co. thought he was the best back for KC. It's why I pointed out the last skill position player Reid took; if you're saying CEH is more talented than the guys after him because Reid took him, then that should apply to Hardman too.

You can trust Reid to get the most out of CEH without believing that CEH is the most talented because Reid said so.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

PR0v3
Starter
Starter
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:58 pm

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby PR0v3 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:21 pm

Jigga94 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:15 am
PR0v3 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:28 am
It appears many are still stuck on the idea that there is an elite RB prospect in this class, this is not the case. The RB class is solid, but there is no traditionally elite type prospect. CEH is certainly comparable to any RB in this class, if not the best given his modern skillset, so I fail to see how he is a situation guy. The only argument for him not being the 1.01 is if you decide to go WR, since the WR class appears to have better relative talent.
He's good. Probably just as good as the rest of the RB to a degree. I agree there's no top guy on paper. If you feel CEH was already in the top tier of RB, then he should easily be your 1.01 as of now.

This thread was made right after we found out his situation. How does that not make his value based on situation? Lol
I literally could not care less about any pre-draft rankings. I do not care one bit how amateur scouts view these guys pre-draft. I look for the NFL draft provide me with their talent rankings, through the draft, then I adjust accordingly based on my personal preferences. Andy Reid thought CEH was the best RB in the draft for what Andy Reid wants to do, I value that. I'm not just gonna sit here and pretend like I know better.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Jameis, Jimmy G, Dalton, Luton, Mullens, Beathard
RB: Swift, Gibson, Taylor, Akers, Dillon, Penny, Kerryon
WR: JJeff, Aiyuk, Boyd, Hollywood, Mims, C. Samuel, C. Davis, VJeff
TE: Andrews, Gesicki
K: Myers
2021 picks: 2, 3, 4

PR0v3
Starter
Starter
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:58 pm

Re: CEH is your new 1.01

Postby PR0v3 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:24 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:13 pm
Zacsby wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:11 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:35 am


Did you think Mecole Hardman was better than DK Metcalf too?
The jury isn't even out on that yet. I'm not saying Mecole is better but for what KC was looking for maybe he is. He had 500 and 6 TDs on 26 receptions. DK had 300 more yards and 1 more TD on twice as many receptions. What would have happened if Tyreek Hill didn't make it back onto the field? Taking a WR late in round 2 is not the same as taking a RB in round 1 and what's expected of each player individually and/or the situation they're walking into as far as competition isn't even remotely comparable imo.
That's not what I'm saying. There are two different arguments being made here. One is that Andy Reid is such a good coach and KC is such a good landing spot, that you have to bump CEH to 1.01 or at least consider it. This is fine, and it's a good point. This is what most people are saying. No disagreement from me here.

The other is that because Andy Reid took CEH first, and Andy Reid knows more than we do about football, then that means CEH is actually the most talented back in the class. This is a bad argument- it's an appeal to authority logical fallacy. Reid, like all coaches, make mistakes. Even the premise that Reid thinks he's the most talented is flawed- all we know is that Reid and co. thought he was the best back for KC. It's why I pointed out the last skill position player Reid took; if you're saying CEH is more talented than the guys after him because Reid took him, then that should apply to Hardman too.

You can trust Reid to get the most out of CEH without believing that CEH is the most talented because Reid said so.
Hardman may very well have been the most talented player selected for what Reid was looking for at the position. What is Reid looking for out of this pick?
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Jameis, Jimmy G, Dalton, Luton, Mullens, Beathard
RB: Swift, Gibson, Taylor, Akers, Dillon, Penny, Kerryon
WR: JJeff, Aiyuk, Boyd, Hollywood, Mims, C. Samuel, C. Davis, VJeff
TE: Andrews, Gesicki
K: Myers
2021 picks: 2, 3, 4

tresskid84
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1163
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:02 am

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby tresskid84 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:26 pm

the_lung wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:51 am
I really can’t believe what I am seeing here. Pre-draft and based on college tape evaluations, Clyde Edwards-Helaire was DLF’s 5th ranked running back in the consensus rankings. He was Matt Waldman’s 7th ranked RB. Yes, Andy Reid has a history of turning RBs into fantasy gold. Yes, the Chiefs have a high powered offense and this was a primo landing spot for CEH. But talent always triumphs over landing spot, and some of the people immediately proclaiming this guy the 1.01 pick seem a little naive. In the past 20 years, the list of RBs who floundered in supposedly primo landing spots is a trail of tears. Furthermore, nobody even knows yet where the landing spots are for arguably superior talents like Swift, Taylor, and Dobbins!

Look, does Clyde Edwards-Helaire move up in my rankings for now based on the draft thus far? Absolutely! But let’s pump the brakes on already declaring him the 1.01 pick in 2020 dynasty league rookie drafts. Let the draft play out and then the debate can truly begin in earnest.
I disagree with this for rbs. Opportunity, their offensive line, draft position, and and the talent level of their qb (therefor pulling defenders out of the box), matter the most. Talent obviously matters, your not sticking me back there and gaining 1000 yards, but for an offense, those other things are MORE important (again, not saying talent isnt important, just ranking them, lol).

With that said, CEH isn't my top rb at the moment, haha. and i just traded the pick that would be him high in one of my devy leagues, lol.
16tm PPR, Superflex, 1.5 TE prem, DEVY:
1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 SF, 3 Flex
Draft is current rookies and devy (only NFL draft-eligible players for the following year) combined

QB: W Grier, T Lawrence (DEVY), J Fields (DEVY)
RB: M Sanders, D Harris, B Scott, Ty Johnson, Trayveon Williams, B Love (IR), Etienne (DEVY), C Hubbard (DEVY), K Brooks (DEVY)
WR: T McLaurin, L Shenault, T Higgins, Isabella, Tyler Johnson, D Harris (IND), J Chase (DEVY), J Waddle (DEVY), DeVonta Smith (DEVY), T Wallace (DEVY)
TE: J Sternberger, F Moreau, K Warring, J Thomas, Hun Bryant (IR), J Oliver (IR), P Freiermuth (DEVY), B Jordan (DEVY), C Kolar (DEVY)
2021 Picks: 4-Firsts (Cur Proj 1.01, 1.07, 1.08, 1.15)

User avatar
dlf_mikeh
Administrator
Posts: 5646
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby dlf_mikeh » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:28 pm

I've seen a lot of Hardman talk, but wasn't he the selection to replace Tyreek Hill on the off-chance that the allegations against him carried through? And since Hill played that made Hardman basically a backup? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hardman was only drafted as an emergency WR.

I'm not trying to defend or attack anyone or anything, I just want some info to be considered.
Make Your Own Customizable Draft Pick Value Chart Here
"This is awesome" --- dlf_jaronf
"I've made a few draft pick charts. This is better than any of them." --- dlf_jules
"Whatever rookie draft pick chart you're using isn't as good as this one from MEuRaH" --- dlf_jules
"Excellent work on this!" --- dlf_zachb

PR0v3
Starter
Starter
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:58 pm

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby PR0v3 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:36 pm

the_lung wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:51 am
I really can’t believe what I am seeing here. Pre-draft and based on college tape evaluations, Clyde Edwards-Helaire was DLF’s 5th ranked running back in the consensus rankings. He was Matt Waldman’s 7th ranked RB. Yes, Andy Reid has a history of turning RBs into fantasy gold. Yes, the Chiefs have a high powered offense and this was a primo landing spot for CEH. But talent always triumphs over landing spot, and some of the people immediately proclaiming this guy the 1.01 pick seem a little naive. In the past 20 years, the list of RBs who floundered in supposedly primo landing spots is a trail of tears. Furthermore, nobody even knows yet where the landing spots are for arguably superior talents like Swift, Taylor, and Dobbins!

Look, does Clyde Edwards-Helaire move up in my rankings for now based on the draft thus far? Absolutely! But let’s pump the brakes on already declaring him the 1.01 pick in 2020 dynasty league rookie drafts. Let the draft play out and then the debate can truly begin in earnest.
I don't believe you can judge talent in a vacuum. If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing it's stupid, as they say. I judge talent based on how well someone is able to do what they are asked to do. Some things players are asked to do have more value, and some things players are asked to do have less value. CEH is the best in the class at what he is going to be asked to do, and what he is going to be asked to do has a ton of value for fantasy football and real life football.

If you judge talent based on how guys look running around in spandex, which is largely what pre-draft rankings are, sure, some other guys are better.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Jameis, Jimmy G, Dalton, Luton, Mullens, Beathard
RB: Swift, Gibson, Taylor, Akers, Dillon, Penny, Kerryon
WR: JJeff, Aiyuk, Boyd, Hollywood, Mims, C. Samuel, C. Davis, VJeff
TE: Andrews, Gesicki
K: Myers
2021 picks: 2, 3, 4

mullmania
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2450
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 7:51 am

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby mullmania » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:40 pm

murphysxm wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:45 am
My take is yes, it elevates him and yes Andy Reid likes him. That still doesn't me feel like he is remotely a lock for 1.01. He was at the bottom of my 2nd tier before yesterday. He simply doesn't elevate that far for me. I wonder how many guys saying he is a 1.01 spent a 2nd round pick on Darwin Thompson last year?

CEH did nothing as a freshman, was mediocre as a sophmore and had a great junior season, in one of the best college offenses ever. Sure KC is an awesome spot, but not a 1.01 player to me. That's fine though, it would be no fun if every draft was the same.
I think he could end up the consenus 1.01 but this kind of echos my thoughts. Watching his tape he looked fine but not electric to me.

grooner
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1966
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:01 am

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby grooner » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:48 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:28 pm
I've seen a lot of Hardman talk, but wasn't he the selection to replace Tyreek Hill on the off-chance that the allegations against him carried through? And since Hill played that made Hardman basically a backup? Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hardman was only drafted as an emergency WR.

I'm not trying to defend or attack anyone or anything, I just want some info to be considered.
I thought this as well, that Hardman was an insurance policy. Insurance policies are usless, until they are needed and then they are awesome!

I doubt CEH is an insurance policy, so I can easily see him being 1.01 in many leagues. Depending on landing spot there may not be a consensus 1.01.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:17 pm

PR0v3 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:21 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:15 am
PR0v3 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:28 am
It appears many are still stuck on the idea that there is an elite RB prospect in this class, this is not the case. The RB class is solid, but there is no traditionally elite type prospect. CEH is certainly comparable to any RB in this class, if not the best given his modern skillset, so I fail to see how he is a situation guy. The only argument for him not being the 1.01 is if you decide to go WR, since the WR class appears to have better relative talent.
He's good. Probably just as good as the rest of the RB to a degree. I agree there's no top guy on paper. If you feel CEH was already in the top tier of RB, then he should easily be your 1.01 as of now.

This thread was made right after we found out his situation. How does that not make his value based on situation? Lol
I literally could not care less about any pre-draft rankings. I do not care one bit how amateur scouts view these guys pre-draft. I look for the NFL draft provide me with their talent rankings, through the draft, then I adjust accordingly based on my personal preferences. Andy Reid thought CEH was the best RB in the draft for what Andy Reid wants to do, I value that. I'm not just gonna sit here and pretend like I know better.
I don't know anybody who's saying they think they know better than Andy Reid. That's not anybody's argument for not taking CEH 1.01. People picking @1.01 are trying to land the player they will think scores the most FF points. If someone thinks JT is a better player, and JT also goes to a good spot and they take him, it has nothing to do with them thinking they know more than Andy Reid. I've seen this statement made a few times by several different people, but that's not what people are saying.

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1149
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:46 pm

Re: CEH is your new 1.01

Postby Zacsby » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:19 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:13 pm
That's not what I'm saying. There are two different arguments being made here. One is that Andy Reid is such a good coach and KC is such a good landing spot, that you have to bump CEH to 1.01 or at least consider it. This is fine, and it's a good point. This is what most people are saying. No disagreement from me here.

The other is that because Andy Reid took CEH first, and Andy Reid knows more than we do about football, then that means CEH is actually the most talented back in the class. This is a bad argument- it's an appeal to authority logical fallacy. Reid, like all coaches, make mistakes. Even the premise that Reid thinks he's the most talented is flawed- all we know is that Reid and co. thought he was the best back for KC. It's why I pointed out the last skill position player Reid took; if you're saying CEH is more talented than the guys after him because Reid took him, then that should apply to Hardman too.

You can trust Reid to get the most out of CEH without believing that CEH is the most talented because Reid said so.
You're right, Reid taking CEH where he did does not make him the most talented RB. Doesn't make him NOT the most talented either. All it means is Reid has a vision for CEH. Where he drafted him and who was available strongly implies the vision he has is much greater than people who were low on CEH could see. The same thing applies to Hardman. Unfortunately, his vision for Hardman likely changed as soon as it became clear Tyreek was coming back.

I am not a scout, I use the eye test, film breakdowns and opinions of as many NFL talent evaluators as I can to formulate my opinion on players. Reid is not the end all be all by any means. But there are a handful of coaches that, when they talk/act, you pay attention. Reid is one of them. He could be wrong. So could the people who were low on CEH.

Which brings me to my last point, the importance in the DIFFERENCE of talent between the RBs in question. At what point does it actually not matter? At what point are we just splitting hairs on who is more talented? I've seen so many different orders of rankings for these top 5 guys it's sick. They all have their own unique flavor. How do you select one over another? For fantasy purposes, its landing spots. Situations. Potential production and probability of production. If there was a Saquon in this class sure, you draft him no matter what. The general consensus is that there's not.

I have weighed my personal talent vs situation factor for pretty much every possible outcome moving forward. CEH in KC is high enough on that scale that I can comfortably say he deserves to be 1.01. It's not because Andy Reid said so. That was just one domino in a chain that started the moment that player showed up on my radar. It certainly plays it's part though.
12 Tm SF PPR - QB, RB (2), WR (2), TE, FLX (2) SF
QB - Lamar, Brees, Daniel Jones, Taysom, Stidham
RB - CMC, AJ, Drake, Robinson, Cohen, AP
WR - Golladay, Boyd, Landry, Sanders, Mecole
TE - Kelce, Hurst, Rudolph, Oliver

12 Tm SF, Tiered PPR (.5RB, 1WR, 1.5TE) Start 9
QB - Watson, Daniel Jones, Tannehill, Stidham
RB - Kamara, Carson, Michel, Scott, Penny
WR - Nuk, Evans, Ridley, M-Will, P-Will, Washington
TE - Kittle, Rudolph, Reed

24 Tm 2 Copy PPR - QB, RB (2), WR (2), TE, FLX (3)
QB - Stafford, Jimmy G, Cousins
RB - CEH, Taylor, Hunt, Singletary, Moss, Breida, Gibson, Darwin
WR - Godwin, Golladay, AJB, M-Will, Ruggs, Higgins, Duvernay
TE - Andrews, Hurst, Herndon
21 Picks - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

PR0v3
Starter
Starter
Posts: 646
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:58 pm

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby PR0v3 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:45 pm

FantasyFreak wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:17 pm
PR0v3 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:21 pm
Jigga94 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:15 am


He's good. Probably just as good as the rest of the RB to a degree. I agree there's no top guy on paper. If you feel CEH was already in the top tier of RB, then he should easily be your 1.01 as of now.

This thread was made right after we found out his situation. How does that not make his value based on situation? Lol
I literally could not care less about any pre-draft rankings. I do not care one bit how amateur scouts view these guys pre-draft. I look for the NFL draft provide me with their talent rankings, through the draft, then I adjust accordingly based on my personal preferences. Andy Reid thought CEH was the best RB in the draft for what Andy Reid wants to do, I value that. I'm not just gonna sit here and pretend like I know better.
I don't know anybody who's saying they think they know better than Andy Reid. That's not anybody's argument for not taking CEH 1.01. People picking @1.01 are trying to land the player they will think scores the most FF points. If someone thinks JT is a better player, and JT also goes to a good spot and they take him, it has nothing to do with them thinking they know more than Andy Reid. I've seen this statement made a few times by several different people, but that's not what people are saying.
My comment was more of an attempt to address the situation vs. talent aspect of CEHs valuation. We've seen people claiming CEH is not worth 1.01 because he was not rated as a 1.01 talent pre-draft, whatever that means. Obviously, players have strengths and players have weaknesses. CEH is better than the RBs in this class at certain things, and he is worse than the RBs in this class at certain things. Some of CEHs strengths are arguably the best in the class. Given the situation, it is expected that his strengths will be utilized. Is a player less talented than another because he doesn't do things he isn't asked to do as well as other guys? I don't believe so. I believe talent can only be judged within a defined parameter.

In my opinion, CEH is probably the best in the class at what he is going to be asked to do, and what he is going to be asked to do has a lot of value for real life and fantasy. That's good enough for me. If he was drafted to play left tackle, I'd go ahead and pass on him due to lack of talent.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Jameis, Jimmy G, Dalton, Luton, Mullens, Beathard
RB: Swift, Gibson, Taylor, Akers, Dillon, Penny, Kerryon
WR: JJeff, Aiyuk, Boyd, Hollywood, Mims, C. Samuel, C. Davis, VJeff
TE: Andrews, Gesicki
K: Myers
2021 picks: 2, 3, 4

jomaed
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1311
Joined: Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:19 pm

Re: CEH is your new 1.01

Postby jomaed » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:55 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:13 pm
The other is that because Andy Reid took CEH first, and Andy Reid knows more than we do about football, then that means CEH is actually the most talented back in the class. This is a bad argument- it's an appeal to authority logical fallacy.
You implied that CEH was not the most talented back by saying you take talent over situation. You then went a step further and said its FACT that he isn't the best RB in the class. What type of fallacy do we have there? Consensus gentium maybe. Maybe something else? I simply said we know one coach/team thinks he is.

To clear things up regarding my original comment.....Just because Andy and the Chiefs think so it doesn't mean he IS the most talented back in the class. But does anyone really know these things? No, everyone has their own opinion. I just choose to put more trust and stock in peoples opinions that are experts in their field and actually have something on the line. That's why draft capital is so important to many dynasty owners.

Once again, you said its a fact he isn't the most talented. Thats why I made the comment I did. It wasn't to claim he IS the most talented RB just because Andy thinks so.

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1149
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:46 pm

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby Zacsby » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:18 pm

Pierre Camus of Roto Baller wrote an article on the CEH vs Brian Westbrook comparison. He delves into his 2020 outlook a bit, going off of the team RB touch stats from last year. According to his math, if CEH had 60% (reasonable considering the investment) of KCs RB touches last year, a reasonable expectation for his production would have been 850 rushing yards, and 60 receptions for 480 yards. Thats 193 PPR points not including TDs. On par with what we got from Josh Jacobs with heavy usage last year.

When Hunt was there, they relied more heavily on production from the RB position (or maybe it was just that they relied more heavily on him individually because of his talent, not looking at the difference in the touch numbers between 2018 and 2019). Either way, I believe these numbers are more than reasonable. Maybe even modest. Which further supports the case for him being in consideration for the top pick.

EDIT - the increased production from 2018 was NOT a result of more touches. RBs actually touched the ball more in 2019 than in 2018. They were 16% less productive, on 3% more touches last year. Strictly from a yardage standpoint.

CEH to the rescue!!! :dance:
Last edited by Zacsby on Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12 Tm SF PPR - QB, RB (2), WR (2), TE, FLX (2) SF
QB - Lamar, Brees, Daniel Jones, Taysom, Stidham
RB - CMC, AJ, Drake, Robinson, Cohen, AP
WR - Golladay, Boyd, Landry, Sanders, Mecole
TE - Kelce, Hurst, Rudolph, Oliver

12 Tm SF, Tiered PPR (.5RB, 1WR, 1.5TE) Start 9
QB - Watson, Daniel Jones, Tannehill, Stidham
RB - Kamara, Carson, Michel, Scott, Penny
WR - Nuk, Evans, Ridley, M-Will, P-Will, Washington
TE - Kittle, Rudolph, Reed

24 Tm 2 Copy PPR - QB, RB (2), WR (2), TE, FLX (3)
QB - Stafford, Jimmy G, Cousins
RB - CEH, Taylor, Hunt, Singletary, Moss, Breida, Gibson, Darwin
WR - Godwin, Golladay, AJB, M-Will, Ruggs, Higgins, Duvernay
TE - Andrews, Hurst, Herndon
21 Picks - 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 24, 2020 2:19 pm

PR0v3 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:45 pm
FantasyFreak wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:17 pm
PR0v3 wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:21 pm


I literally could not care less about any pre-draft rankings. I do not care one bit how amateur scouts view these guys pre-draft. I look for the NFL draft provide me with their talent rankings, through the draft, then I adjust accordingly based on my personal preferences. Andy Reid thought CEH was the best RB in the draft for what Andy Reid wants to do, I value that. I'm not just gonna sit here and pretend like I know better.
I don't know anybody who's saying they think they know better than Andy Reid. That's not anybody's argument for not taking CEH 1.01. People picking @1.01 are trying to land the player they will think scores the most FF points. If someone thinks JT is a better player, and JT also goes to a good spot and they take him, it has nothing to do with them thinking they know more than Andy Reid. I've seen this statement made a few times by several different people, but that's not what people are saying.
My comment was more of an attempt to address the situation vs. talent aspect of CEHs valuation. We've seen people claiming CEH is not worth 1.01 because he was not rated as a 1.01 talent pre-draft, whatever that means. Obviously, players have strengths and players have weaknesses. CEH is better than the RBs in this class at certain things, and he is worse than the RBs in this class at certain things. Some of CEHs strengths are arguably the best in the class. Given the situation, it is expected that his strengths will be utilized. Is a player less talented than another because he doesn't do things he isn't asked to do as well as other guys? I don't believe so. I believe talent can only be judged within a defined parameter.

In my opinion, CEH is probably the best in the class at what he is going to be asked to do, and what he is going to be asked to do has a lot of value for real life and fantasy. That's good enough for me. If he was drafted to play left tackle, I'd go ahead and pass on him due to lack of talent.
Fair. Thanks for clarifying.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

DLF 2020 Cyber Week Sale