Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: CEH is your new 1.01

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:03 am

mgscott wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:01 am I would still like to wait and find out the landing spots of the other top backs before even making my top 5 rankings, but this certainly elevates CEH. He comes into the conversation for 1.1 for me now. While I doubt he will be a workhorse back per se, KC doesn't use their backs as workhorses anyway. He will likely get the high majority of RB touches, whether it be rushing or receiving. He is the type of back that does well in space and this situation is the ideal fit for that. I slightly worry about TD numbers, but KC puts up so many points I could still see him reaching 10 TDs a year.
For sure. I had CEH rounding out my top 5, which was all 1 tier. I haven't seen the other spots or capital yet, so I need to see that first, but CEH will definitely not be at RB 5 for me anymore.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

xlur8ed
Role Player
Role Player

Postby xlur8ed » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:06 am

mgscott wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:01 am I would still like to wait and find out the landing spots of the other top backs before even making my top 5 rankings, but this certainly elevates CEH. He comes into the conversation for 1.1 for me now. While I doubt he will be a workhorse back per se, KC doesn't use their backs as workhorses anyway. He will likely get the high majority of RB touches, whether it be rushing or receiving. He is the type of back that does well in space and this situation is the ideal fit for that. I slightly worry about TD numbers, but KC puts up so many points I could still see him reaching 10 TDs a year.
Soooo he is Kamara floor and Westbrook ceiling? Am I understanding your point correctly?

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Clyde Edwards-Helaire is your new 1.01

Postby ArrylT » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:07 am

I certainly have no issues with any owners that decide Edwards-Helaire is their 1.01 - especially if you're looking for an immediate impact for your team.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:08 am

xlur8ed wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:06 am
Soooo he is Kamara floor and Westbrook ceiling? Am I understanding your point correctly?
His floor is lower than that.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:09 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:51 am He always was. Also, it's your view that there's more talented players, but the NFL doesn't seem to agree on that, at least at the RB spot. Most people had CEH in their top 5, with it being one tier. I don't think it's crazy for people to take him first, his floor is safe and his ceiling is high.
I mentioned it in the "Who will be the 1st RB selected" thread that CEH was developing sneaky 1st Round upside over the past few weeks, just from picking up on many of the draft scouts/insiders I follow. So, I'm not shocked that he went 1st round and I wouldn't have argued with anyone who had him in the 1st pre-draft.

That said, I still think it's very problematic to draft situation over talent and that's what this mostly feels like. Is he really the 1.01 in a draft that is this stacked in talent? I just don't see it. The value is poor to me.

I think he's going to be a good player, but I don't see a player who is going to be consistently in the conversation as a Top-5 or Top-10 RB going forward, which is traditionally what you want out of an RB going 1.01 in a strong class.
Last edited by Cameron Giles on Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:09 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:08 am
His floor is lower than that.
Guess that depends on which Kamara year is your floor. :ewink:

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:15 am

I was big on CEH, but not being a good tape guy, went with the flow and had him as my number four or so RB. This landing spot changes a lot for me. It's possible that Swift, Taylor, or Dobbins go to Tampa or some other sweet landing spot, but I'd be happy with CEH as my number one.

Brian Westbrook was one of my favorite players ever. His three down capabilities were key. I'll trust that Andy Reid and Pat Mahomes will have an elite offense for the foreseeable future and CEH will benefit from that. So high floor, high ceiling, even if you don't think he's as talented or built like some other RBs.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

mgscott
Starter
Starter

Postby mgscott » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:16 am

Westbrook floor and Kamara ceiling actually.

Or rather, a floor of 2019 Kamara, ceiling of 2018 Kamara.

Zacsby
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Zacsby » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:19 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:09 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:51 am He always was. Also, it's your view that there's more talented players, but the NFL doesn't seem to agree on that, at least at the RB spot. Most people had CEH in their top 5, with it being one tier. I don't think it's crazy for people to take him first, his floor is safe and his ceiling is high.
I mentioned it in the "Who will be the 1st RB selected" thread that CEH was developing sneaky 1st Round upside over the past few weeks, just from picking up on many of the draft scouts/insiders I follow. So, I'm not shocked that he went 1st round and I wouldn't have argued with anyone who had him in the 1st pre-draft.

That said, I still think it's very problematic to draft situation over talent and that's what this mostly feels like. Is he really the 1.01 in a draft that is this stacked in talent? I just don't see it. The value is poor to me.

I think he's going to be a good player, but I don't see a player who is going to be consistently in the conversation as a Top-5 or Top-10 RB going forward, which is traditionally what you want out of an RB going 1.01 in a strong class.
That just makes no sense. You said it, there was already 1st round buzz from the scouts/insiders that you follow before the draft. Presumably respected NFL talent evaluators. I'm sure KC wasn't the only team in love with CEH. Then it comes to fruition on draft day. Not only is he drafted in the 1st round, he's the 1st RB off the board. How is it situation at that point?
12 Team SF IDP
QB - Mahomes, Lawrence, Mac
RB - Etienne, Walker, Rhamondre, Javonte, Akers, CEH
WR - AJB, Waddle, Higgins, Gabe, Toney
TE - Andrews, ISJ
DL - Quinnen, Highsmith, Josh Allen
LB - Lloyd, JOK, Gay, Bush
DB - Winfield, Love, Delpit

14 Team 1QB IDP
QB - Fields, Jimmy G
RB - Henry, Kamara, Swift, Herbert
WR - Adams, Juju, Jakobi, Theilen
TE - Hock, Everett
DL - Garrett, Buckner, Sweat
LB - White, David, Okereke, Jack
DB - Budda, CJGJ, Dugger, Byard

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: What does CEH to KCC do?

Postby Servo » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:25 am

Twittersphere said that the Chiefs' GM told Andy that he looks like Brian Westbrook and Reid responded, "He's better". :shock:

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Re: What does CEH to KCC do?

Postby Servo » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:25 am

Twittersphere said that the Chiefs' GM told Andy that he looks like Brian Westbrook and Reid responded, "He's better". :shock:

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:27 am

I'm pretty bummed about this spot. Have been higher than most on CEH for months and was expecting to grab him around 1.05 in multiple leagues. So much for that.

Its nice to be validated on my eval but looks like I won't be benefitting anywhere.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:30 am

skinfanjon wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:27 am I'm pretty bummed about this spot. Have been higher than most on CEH for months and was expecting to grab him around 1.05 in multiple leagues. So much for that.

Its nice to be validated on my eval but looks like I won't be benefitting anywhere.
I bet other fans of Edwards-Helaire will feel the same way. Always nice to see a player go to a good landing spot, but then you realize you can no longer afford to acquire that player.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:30 am

Zacsby wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:19 am
Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:09 am

That just makes no sense. You said it, there was already 1st round buzz from the scouts/insiders that you follow before the draft. Presumably respected NFL talent evaluators. I'm sure KC wasn't the only team in love with CEH. Then it comes to fruition on draft day. Not only is he drafted in the 1st round, he's the 1st RB off the board. How is it situation at that point?
If it's coming off like I think CEH is untalented, then that's not the case. I just do not think he is the best player or talent available in this strong class. I think he's in an optimal situation to his skillset and he'll have good value in fantasy because of it. But is that 1.01? I just don't see it. Is he Fournette, Barkley, Zeke, Gurley, any of those backs? That's usually the standard.

I think this is pushing down better long-term players and talents.

Draftnik
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby Draftnik » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:32 am

So people are arguing against the best receiving back in the class going to a team that made Damien freaking Williams a top RB relatively recently?

Seems backwards to me. Some people hold onto their evaluations a little too closely. I understand the desire to go toward more traditional backs but this is a perfect landing spot for what the Chiefs do. CEH can do for the Chiefs what McCaffrey has done for the Panthers.

CEH is basically a souped up Ekeler.
Last edited by Draftnik on Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.