Chase young

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Chase young

Postby Ice » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:46 am

grandmabetty wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:35 am
Ice wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:36 am Young is a beast. His upside is higher than either Bosa. I think he is a can't miss player. One of the best raw pass rushers I have ever seen. Think in a few years he will be the best in the league. Very well built with incredible 1st step quickness. He is still raw but clearly the best player in this draft IMO.

Extremely rare talent only scratching the surface. He is being comped to J. Peppers but think he will be even better than that. My guess is he will be a Top 3 overall IDP pick in one of my my leagues due to elite position scarcity if he goes to a 4/3 base team.
Bro, you had me until the J Peppers comment. J. Peppers is ranked #4 all time in sacks. ALL TIME! You are predicting he will best that?
I think his upside is higher especially in run support. Not sure he will catch Peppers in sacks. Today's game is different with more quick strike routes in the passing game.

Peppers was great no doubt. This isn't a slight against him but just how Young jumps off the page when you watch him play. He is rarely out of position and his closing speed is elite.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:47 am

Washington has been a mess of a franchise but they have a lot of defensive talent now...if Rivera can recapture the form of his past defenses..they could be an exciting group to watch. With other good players, you'd think they could alleviate pressure on Young and open things up for him.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun May 03, 2020 8:24 pm

He was drafted at 1.12 today in one of my leagues that has IDP Scoring.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon May 04, 2020 5:59 am

He just went 1.3 in our rookie draft. No real surprises so far.

CEH
Taylor
Young
Queen
Jeudy
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Sun May 10, 2020 8:03 am

Servo wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:47 am Washington has been a mess of a franchise but they have a lot of defensive talent now...if Rivera can recapture the form of his past defenses..they could be an exciting group to watch. With other good players, you'd think they could alleviate pressure on Young and open things up for him.
'16: M. Ioanidis: Taken in 5th round, turned into a borderline pro bowler in '18-'19.
'17: Jonathan Allen: Projected Top 3-5 pick they got at 1.17. Disappointing last year but regarded as a leader.
'18: Da'Ron Payne: Projected mid to late first they took (over howling rage of our fan base w/Derwin James still available) after they panicked when Vita Via when 1 pick ahead of their slot. Improved a lot last year.
'19: Montez Sweat: Traded up when projected early to mid 1st rounder was still available in the late first. Showed great improvement down the stretch after a slow start.

Interestingly they can leave in FA after '21, '22, and '23. So Curious what they will do with Allen and Payne in the next two years.

The defense is basically this, Ryan Kerrigan, and a very sketchy secondary.

So I think Young is stepping into a pretty loaded front with four former first rounders and Iron Man. The rest of the defense is a bit of a mess beyond box safety and slot corner, so not really sure what will happen but when you can line up those four guys and Ryan Kerrigan then add Chase Young it is a pretty insane collection of interior talent, and athleticism on the edge to go with a veteran pass rusher in Kerrigan that while never All Pro caliber, was always a pro bowl caliber talent that could wreak a ton of havoc on the NFC East/NFC in general. The offense is still a disaster. OL is ghastly, a million RB's, but no clear starter, a totally unproven bottom 3-5 collection of talent at QB, and the TE situation is probably bottom 3, and the WR talent is god awful beyond McLaurin. Weird roster.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Mon May 11, 2020 11:38 am

I picked up WAS' defense at the end of the season in anticipation of the Young pick.

However, with their offense still looking like a complete unknown, I'm thinking of pivoting to TB or IND or LAC.