2020 NFL Draft - Reactions & Analysis

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
wickerkat1212
Legend
Legend

Re: 2020 NFL Draft - Reactions & Analysis

Postby wickerkat1212 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:18 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:56 pm
wickerkat1212 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:52 pm I posted this in another thread, but I'll post it here, too.

1. Is there a QB worth drafting outside of the top three? (Burrow, Tua, Herbert)
2. What RB do you like outside of the top five? (CEH, JT, Swift, Dobbins, Akers)
3. Do you like ANY of the TEs this year?
4. Will you draft a WR that was selected outside of round three?
1. Love if you have deep bench spots
2. Vaughn, Evans, McFarland
3. Trautman, with deep bench
4. Gabriel Davis, Tyler Johnson, Donovan Peoples-Jones
Thanks. Good suggestions.
D3:
QB—Allen, Pickett RB—Kamara, Jacobs, ZWhite, Edwards, Ford, Warren WR—Lamb, Olave, DJM, Puka, Tillman, Marshall, Jefferson, Robinson, Tucker TE—Ferguson, Schoon, Likely, Smith, Washington, Kraft PK—Prater DEF—BAL

D4:
QB—TLaw, JimmyG, Tannehill, AOC, Hall RB—Bijan, Kamara, Conner, Gainwell, Gainwell, Foreman, ZMoss, Chandler, McLaughlin, Murray WR—Jefferson, Hill, Adams, Allen, Tillman, Woods TE—Kelce, Kmet, Conklin PK—Butker DEF—PIT

Superflex 1:
QB—Mahomes, Rodgers, Mayfield RB—Bijan, Kamara, Allgeier, Singletary, Mostert, BRob, Warren, Rodriguez, Spiller WR—Chase, DJM, Devonta, MBrown, Myers, Reynold, Jones TE—Kmet, Likely, Kraft, Conklin, Hurst, Hudson PK—Elliott DEF—PHI

Superflex 2:
QB: Goff, Cousins, Wentz, White; RB: Bijan, BRob, ZWhite, Allgeier, McLaughlin WR: DJM, Higgins, JSN, Downs, RMoore, Atwell, SMoore, PCampbell, DPJ, ATP, Hutchinson, Iosivas, Devante, CJones TE: Ferguson, Kraft, Trautman, Tremble

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:12 am

ravn88 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:15 pm What About Lazard isnt he the Wr2 in GB.
I don't think anyone knows for sure. What we do know... Lazard did have the 2nd most Rec yards on the team last year. They signed Funchess to a 1 year deal. MVS and ESB are still on cheap rookie deals until end of 2021. Kumerow's and Lazard's contracts expire this year. Lazard will be an ERFA.

I think MVS had his chances last year and didn't do enough with them. ESB and Kumerow are probably toast at this point. Funchess doesn't scare anyone but it's between him and Lazard for 2/3 on that team I would think. MVS used as a situational deep threat most likely

YouMightDieTryin
MVP
MVP

Postby YouMightDieTryin » Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:37 am

Lazard remains WR2 by default. MVS will never be used by Rodgers. He's burned that bridge with his terrible play. ESB missed all of last year so I wouldn't say you can write him off completely, but the chances are slim after they brought in Funchess. ESB will elevate to WR3 once Funchess goes on IR week 4. Calling it. Sadly.

I understand why they didn't go with a WR in the draft because they want to see these core progress, but you have to cut tie when the ship is sinking.
10-Team Dynasty League QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/WR/FLEX (23 man rosters + 2 IR + 2 Taxi, non-PPR scoring)
QB: Herbert, Goff
RB: Bijan, JT, Saquon, J.Cook, K.Hunt, Foreman, Z.White, McKinnon, S.Tucker
WR: G.Wilson, Olave, Jeudy, Pittman, J.Williams, OBJ, N. Brown, JuJu,
TE: Chig, Conklin, L. Thomas
Taxi: M.Mims, Ro. Johnson
'24: (4) 1sts, 2nd, (2) 3rds, 4th
'25: (2) 1sts, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

Cojo 2020
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Stupid *&!@# Draft

Postby Cojo 2020 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:38 pm

Well, this year's NFL draft did a doozie on my team. It felt like I took body shot after body shot as players went to teams that will jack up my existing players:

* Jerry Jeudy AND K.J. Hamler to Denver? Seriously? I was just about to move Sutton off my PS...now I don't know if I should.
* Philadelphia drafts Jalen Hurts in round 2? Not only could they have gotten a better weapon for Wentz who I have on me team...but are they going to pull Wentz for some wildcat garbage on plays? Seems like it is neutral impact at best. At least they got him a weapon in Reagor in round 1.
* Green Bay taking A.J. Dillon? Haven't they figured out that Aaron Jones is a stud yet? They draft a RB in round 2? Crazy.
* Buffalo drafts Zack Moss to take carries and goal line work away from Singletary.
* Chase Claypool to Pittsburgh. Just when I thought James Washington was ready to take a step forward.
* Denzel Mims to the Jets blows my hopes for Breshad Perriman.
* Tampa Bay takes not one, but two RBs to compete with Ronald Jones who I overdrafted and am stuck with. Was hoping to get something from him...but looks doubtful now.
* Tampa Bay also drafted a WR in round 5....which may not have much impact on Mike Evans...but who knows?
* Washington drafts a RB in round 3...as if I didn't have enough competition for Guice to get carries in that backfield.

Add in that before the draft Hopkins takes a hit (as most analysts seem to think) by going to Arizona...I'm a bit concerned about how things look for my team. Thankfully, my studs seem to have gotten a bit of help or at least not gotten hurt (Mahomes got Edwards-Helaire in his backfield, Minnesota got WR and OL help for Cook, Tevin Coleman may improve with Breida in Miami, etc.). So maybe I'm being alarmist...but I really was hoping for some different results in the draft.
ROCHESTER ROADKILL: 10 team league: Starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR,, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DST 1 flex RB/WR, 1 superflex QB/RB/WR/TE.

Superflex, PPR, Pass TD = 6 pts.

QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Lance, B.Young, A.Richardson, M.Cunningham
RB: Chubb, A.Jones, Bijan, Gibbs, J.Williams (DEN), Dobbins, Dillon, Z.White, T. Spears, R.Johnson, Z.Evans
WR: Lamb, Higgins, M.Brown (ARI), Ridley, Pittman, E.Moore, J.Williams (DET), Dotson, Doubs, Q.Johnston, Smith-Njigba
TE: Schultz, Kincaid
PK: Koo
DST: Chiefs. Lions
2024 picks: 1.02, 1.05, 1.06, 2.06, 3.02, 3.08, 3.10
League Champion: 2017, 2018, 2020, 2022

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Stupid *&!@# Draft

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:42 pm

Lol imagine having this guy's roster and complaining about Sutton getting Jeudy or Ronald Jones not being able to step up into his RB5 spot behind 3 top 10 RB. Not to mention James Washington who hasn't showed much of anything and was basically outplayed by rookie Diontae Johnson last year. Plus as you mentioned, Wentz got Reagor. Id be excited for that and not worry about Hurts. Besides, Wentz will barely ever start for you anyway.

I think you'll be alright. A 5th round WR isn't threatening Mike Evans. You have a ton of 2020 picks as well. It could have been worse like NO taking JT or someone to compete with Kamara

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:48 pm

Seems like at least a good percentage of your concerns were expected before the draft. Of your list, the big ones I was surprised by:

Hurts to Philly- at the same time they took a WR round 1, so I wouldn't be too concerned about a QB who has very little expectation to be more than a backup.

Dillon to green bay - I figured they would take a RB, but not quite as early. I also didn't expect them to take a QB in the first or completely ignore WR. If you expected Jones to be their franchise RB, you may have misplayed that a bit...this forum has been pushing the sell Aaron Jones train for a while.

All the rest seem like reasonable if not expected choices. Fantasy sucks at rookie draft time, unless you are the one accumulating rookies.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Cojo 2020
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Cojo 2020 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:54 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:42 pm Lol imagine having this guy's roster and complaining about Sutton getting Jeudy or Ronald Jones not being able to step up into his RB5 spot behind 3 top 10 RB.
Lol...ok, I know that this may sound like a bit of belly-aching...but part of my success as a dynasty owner is continually improving my roster and trading away older talent for future picks. If some of my developmental guys don't improve as much as I had hoped, then I am limited in which older guys I could trade. I was really hoping for Sutton to be a key reserve, so I could trade Julio Jones at some point (my oldest, starting caliber receiver). My biggest concern is definiely the impact on Aaron Jones, since he plays more for me. But obviously, I still have Cook, Chubb and Kamara as my main starters.
ROCHESTER ROADKILL: 10 team league: Starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR,, 1 TE, 1 PK, 1 DST 1 flex RB/WR, 1 superflex QB/RB/WR/TE.

RB: Chubb, A.Jones, Bijan, Gibbs, J.Williams (DEN), Dobbins, Dillon, Z.White, T. Spears, R.Johnson, Z.Evans
WR: Lamb, Higgins, M.Brown (ARI), Ridley, Pittman, E.Moore, J.Williams (DET), Dotson, Doubs, Q.Johnston, Smith-Njigba

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:54 pm

Start Drinking Heavily Now!

You're obviously destined to finish last. Just don't get so drunk you trade your first round pick next season. 8-)
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Cojo 2020
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Cojo 2020 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:57 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:54 pm Start Drinking Heavily Now!

You're obviously destined to finish last. Just don't get so drunk you trade your first round pick next season. 8-)
Lol. Well, my team is great on paper...but I haven't won the league the past two years, after winning it the two years before. Obviously my team is great...I just want to keep it trending in that direction. I'm sure I'll feel better after our rookie draft...lol.

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:03 pm

Allow me to begin playing the world’s tiniest violin for you.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:36 pm

Cojo 2020 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:38 pm Well, this year's NFL draft did a doozie on my team. It felt like I took body shot after body shot as players went to teams that will jack up my existing players:

* Jerry Jeudy AND K.J. Hamler to Denver? Seriously? I was just about to move Sutton off my PS...now I don't know if I should.
Sutton will be fine. Juedy will play across and make safeties have to stay honest. Hamler will be in the slot.
* Philadelphia drafts Jalen Hurts in round 2? Not only could they have gotten a better weapon for Wentz who I have on me team...but are they going to pull Wentz for some wildcat garbage on plays? Seems like it is neutral impact at best. At least they got him a weapon in Reagor in round 1.
Wentz has a four year contract, which likely can't be reasonably gotten out from until year 4. And even if they do, he'll still be a QB.
* Green Bay taking A.J. Dillon? Haven't they figured out that Aaron Jones is a stud yet? They draft a RB in round 2? Crazy.
Jones is in the last year, is not a stud, and will be moving on next year. I don't know why they drafted Dillon, but o know why they drafted a rb. Just because you didn't realize this before don't take it out on GB
* Buffalo drafts Zack Moss to take carries and goal line work away from Singletary.
This is basically the same comments I have regarding Jones. Bills were definitely gonna take a rb this year. Atleast it was Moss and not one of the top 5. You should be happy.
* Chase Claypool to Pittsburgh. Just when I thought James Washington was ready to take a step forward.
Steelers always draft wrs. Why do you think this year will be different? This also likely has more to do with Juju's contract than Washington or Johnson.
* Denzel Mims to the Jets blows my hopes for Breshad Perriman.
1. Why?
2. Again we're you expecting them not to draft a w
* Tampa Bay takes not one, but two RBs to compete with Ronald Jones who I overdrafted and am stuck with. Was hoping to get something from him...but looks doubtful now.
Again. Were you expecting them not to draft a rb? Be happy it wasn't a top 5 rb.
* Tampa Bay also drafted a WR in round 5....which may not have much impact on Mike Evans...but who knows?
A fifth rounder won't have any significant impact on evans. Gronk, Brady, and another year for Godwin may though.
* Washington drafts a RB in round 3...as if I didn't have enough competition for Guice to get carries in that backfield.
Most likely a slashing rb. Takes away some catches and some carries but hopefully not much else. But guice has had two seasons hampered by injury. What were you expecting?
Add in that before the draft Hopkins takes a hit (as most analysts seem to think) by going to Arizona...I'm a bit concerned about how things look for my team. Thankfully, my studs seem to have gotten a bit of help or at least not gotten hurt (Mahomes got Edwards-Helaire in his backfield, Minnesota got WR and OL help for Cook, Tevin Coleman may improve with Breida in Miami, etc.). So maybe I'm being alarmist...but I really was hoping for some different results in the draft.
Don't think nuk takes a hit going to Arizona. It's a much more pass friendly offense. Defenses were keying in on Hopkins so much last year that Texans had to force him balls on screens and quick passes.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:46 pm

Sutton is fine, and Wentz just got a ton of weapons through the draft and trade.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Apr 27, 2020 2:52 pm

YouMightDieTryin wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 7:37 am Lazard remains WR2 by default. MVS will never be used by Rodgers. He's burned that bridge with his terrible play. ESB missed all of last year so I wouldn't say you can write him off completely, but the chances are slim after they brought in Funchess. ESB will elevate to WR3 once Funchess goes on IR week 4. Calling it. Sadly.

I understand why they didn't go with a WR in the draft because they want to see these core progress, but you have to cut tie when the ship is sinking.
They didn't go WR because the draft was deep with 4 star talent, not 3 star. They chose Love over a WR in round 1, and by the time they drafted AJ Dillon the only 4 star WR prospect left was Bryan Edwards -- who they didn't like for some reason; maybe they were scared off by the foot injury/inability to check out his health because of COVID-19.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:34 pm

Not sure Washington is under threat unless he sucks. Juju is on the last year of his contract and Pittsburgh seems to like letting WRs walk. They’ve also drafted a WR on day two like six of the last seven years or something like that?
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

The GM
Captain
Captain

Postby The GM » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:51 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:42 pmNot to mention James Washington who hasn't showed much of anything and was basically outplayed by rookie Diontae Johnson last year.
I think this is more of a fantasy football reality than an NFL reality. I see this said but I think a lot of people are just repeating what they have seen others post. Last year in two-receiver sets James Washington played when JuJu was healthy.