General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Mike11
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: 2020 NFL Draft - Reactions & Analysis

Postby Mike11 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:25 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:59 am
Mike11 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:11 am
Lord_Varys wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:55 am CEH is 1.01.

If he would've broken out as a rookie, he'd have been in a tier with Swift. Collectively we try to protect our egos, thinking that since we didn't spot him sooner, there must be a reason why, and we'll still try to get JT or Swift ahead of him. Breakout age isn't that important though. He's a 1st round pick on the best offense in the league that makes RB1s out of dust. A+ receiver. A contact balance. A/A+ elusiveness. Doesn't need a great 40. This is the one, boys.
I agree, he’s also still 20 FYI. He’s got tons of room to grow with KC. I liked him third best but have to move him up. Only spot still left to compete is Baltimore, Miami, TB, Pitt (maybe?). TB and Miami are good from a touch perspective but, BAL and Pitt would still have some competition. Ingram until after this year and James Connor who would still be a factor.

The door is wide open for CEH, at some point we have to say, the games about scoring points. That’s what CEH will do, I still love some of these other guys but that’s my thought at 1.01.

It would be a different story if CEH went round three to KC and all the other RBs were gone. He didn’t, the cards didn’t fall like that and he was the first RB taken (keep in my 31 teams essentially just passed, CEH wasn’t just taken 18 by a believer).
He's 21. I think CEH should be in consideration for 1.01. There is not going to be a consensus 1.01 this year. There is no Zeke/Barkley level prospect, so people just making blanket statements like "he's the 1.01" like it's set in stone for all are being disingenuous. He can be their 1.01, but it's not something everybody is going to agree on like the Barkley year.
You’re technically right, he turned 21 13 days ago (April 11) but cmon man. I agree I don’t think he has to be consensus, but I think it’s fair to say how big this was for KC to do. There never was a consensus guy this year, thematically you’re 100% right, it was all preference and many said landing spot/ draft capital would dictate final ranks, well here we are, let’s see what tonight holds.
League Established in 2014

2015 League Champion
2017 League Champion
2018 League Champion
2022 League Champion

10 Team 20 Keeper League Non ppr

Starters in Bold

QB Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson Aaron Rodgers, Russel Wilson
RB Chubb, JT Javonte Williams, De’Von Achane
Flex Ekeler, Etienne
WR AJB, Stefon Diggs, Jaylen Waddle Mike Williams, Treylon Burks, Amari Rodgers, Nico Collins, Diontae Johnson, Mingo, Burks, Tillman, Batemen
TE TJ Hockenson Higbee Hurst

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:09 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:22 am Happens every year. Once situation is known, we overvalue it. All this really means is that Gallup is probably out of Dallas after the season, because the cowboys have too much money wrapped up. Lamb can be a stud there long-term.

Remember when people were dropping AJ Brown because he went to Tennessee? Trust the talent.
Problem is, is Gallup is still on his rookie deal for the next 2 years. And you absolutely cannot compare Lamb and AJB situation. Corey Davis hadnt done a single thing in the NFL when they took AJB. Cooper has been one of the better WRs in the NFL and Gallup just broke out for over 1100 yards. Anyone who is saying this is a good thing for Lamb is just burying their heads or trying to see the glass half full. Anyone taking Lamb is sitting on him for 2 years till Gallup leaves, because Gallup isnt some chump thats just going to be nothing aka Corey Davis.

This pick is great for Dak, Zeke and maybe even ends up being good for Cooper and the offense as a whole. But it was a dumb pick by a dumb owner who tried to steal the spotlight of the draft till GB said "hold my beer".

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:26 am

If either Amari or Gallup are gone after next year then I am fine with Lamb. Some people might forget that when Julio went to Atlanta Roddy White was still there. Yes he was 30, but in Julio's first 2 seasons Roddy White had 1,296yds Julio's rookie year and 1,351 Julio's 2nd year and played 3 more seasons after that. Julio had 959yds and 8tds rookie year and 1,198yds and 10tds 2nd year.

So it didn't seem to hurt Julio too much. If Lamb ends up playing till 31 or 32 and isn't THE guy on team his first 2 years that still leaves 9-10 years of being THE guy on the team. No, He's not in the best situation day 1 but this is dynasty, not redraft.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:31 am

Kelldon wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:26 am If either Amari or Gallup are gone after next year then I am fine with Lamb. Some people might forget that when Julio went to Atlanta Roddy White was still there. Yes he was 30, but in Julio's first 2 seasons Roddy White had 1,296yds Julio's rookie year and 1,351 Julio's 2nd year and played 3 more seasons after that. Julio had 959yds and 8tds rookie year and 1,198yds and 10tds 2nd year.

So it didn't seem to hurt Julio too much. If Lamb ends up playing till 31 or 32 and isn't THE guy on team his first 2 years that still leaves 9-10 years of being THE guy on the team. No, He's not in the best situation day 1 but this is dynasty, not redraft.
If it was just Cooper there than yeah it would be ok. But having all 3 for the next 2 seasons minimum is just dumb. And Lamb doesnt belong in the same breath as Julio. Lamb is actually smaller than Cooper and Gallup lol.

Kelldon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Kelldon » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:40 am

My point wasn't that Julio and Lamb are same talent. Just that a wr that is supposed to be a great talent should show out and be productive. The first 2 years is very critical for rb's now a days but wr's have a longer career and number of prime years. If you are picking someone to help you win this year then Lamb is not your guy, but I'm not gonna reach for someone based off what they will do year 1 and not what they will do the next 10+ years.
Twitter: @Kelldon83
Fffaceoff.com
Band of Brothers - 10team ppr/idp 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex, 1K, 3LB, 3DE, 3DB, 1Def Flex

Championships: 2010, 2015, 2017, 2021
QB: Wilson, Murray, Mac Jones
RB: Kamara, Swift, Chubb, Mixon, A. Ekeler, Dameon Pierce, K. Hunt, G. Edwards, Brian Robinson, K. Herbert
WR: Deebo, Nuk, MT13, A.Robinson, Golladay, C. Samuel, M. Pittman, C. Patterson, P. Campbell, J. Washington
TE: M. Andrews, Goedert, Taysom Hill
K: Tucker

the_lung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby the_lung » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:45 am

I really can’t believe what I am seeing here. Pre-draft and based on college tape evaluations, Clyde Edwards-Helaire was DLF’s 5th ranked running back in the consensus rankings. He was Matt Waldman’s 7th ranked RB. Yes, Andy Reid has a history of turning RBs into fantasy gold. Yes, the Chiefs have a high powered offense and this was a primo landing spot for CEH. But talent always triumphs over landing spot, and some of the people immediately proclaiming this guy the 1.01 pick seem a little naive. In the past 20 years, the list of RBs who floundered in supposedly primo landing spots is a trail of tears. Furthermore, nobody even knows yet where the landing spots are for arguably superior talents like Swift, Taylor, and Dobbins!

Look, does Clyde Edwards-Helaire move up in my rankings for now based on the draft thus far? Absolutely! But let’s pump the brakes on already declaring him the 1.01 pick in 2020 dynasty league rookie drafts. Let the draft play out and then the debate can truly begin in earnest.

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:57 am

Kelldon wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:40 am My point wasn't that Julio and Lamb are same talent. Just that a wr that is supposed to be a great talent should show out and be productive. The first 2 years is very critical for rb's now a days but wr's have a longer career and number of prime years. If you are picking someone to help you win this year then Lamb is not your guy, but I'm not gonna reach for someone based off what they will do year 1 and not what they will do the next 10+ years.
Look at the flip side though. If Lamb is the WR3 for the next couple of seasons in Dallas (which is very possible), you could buy him a lot cheaper in a year or 2 than taking him high now. It's not just about taking the right player, but also taking into account current and future value.

Lord_Varys
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lord_Varys » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:59 am

Lot of vacated targets in Dallas. Lamb should be getting nickle CBs all year. Will be a great safety blanket and YAC player for Dak. Not falling into the same trap as I did with AJB last year. Talent rises to the top. Love the landing spot in Dallas.

murphysxm
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby murphysxm » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:05 pm

NWABCS wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:11 pm
murphysxm wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:55 pm There is zero chance KC takes a RB. zero
Well this didn't age well.
nope, not so much. Luxury pick for a stacked offense
I am just a guy sharing some thoughts

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:14 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:59 am Lot of vacated targets in Dallas. Lamb should be getting nickle CBs all year. Will be a great safety blanket and YAC player for Dak. Not falling into the same trap as I did with AJB last year. Talent rises to the top. Love the landing spot in Dallas.
You're right there will be lots of targets to go around, so Lamb should be fine for a rookie. But those situations aren't exactly similar, and I would heavily caution against expecting a AJB-esk breakout.

For AJBs talent to rise to the top, he had to climb over CD...and he got to start on an even playing field chemistry wise once Tannehill became the starting QB.

For Lamb, he will need to climb over not one, but two top 25 WRs, both of whom are more talented than CD. And both WRs have already built up chemistry with Dak (And Lamb will need to do this in, what is likely to be, an abbreviated offseason).

Like others have said, if you're willing to play the long game and love Lamb then take him and wait. But I can almost guarantee he'll be cheaper to acquire next offseason, or the offseason after that (barring some sort of injury to Coop or Gallup this yr).
Last edited by Johnny Canuck on Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:14 pm

Lord_Varys wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:55 am CEH is 1.01.

If he would've broken out as a rookie, he'd have been in a tier with Swift. Collectively we try to protect our egos, thinking that since we didn't spot him sooner, there must be a reason why, and we'll still try to get JT or Swift ahead of him. Breakout age isn't that important though. He's a 1st round pick on the best offense in the league that makes RB1s out of dust. A+ receiver. A contact balance. A/A+ elusiveness. Doesn't need a great 40. This is the one, boys.
yep shoots up to the 1:1 with a bullet
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:39 pm

the_lung wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:45 am I really can’t believe what I am seeing here. Pre-draft and based on college tape evaluations, Clyde Edwards-Helaire was DLF’s 5th ranked running back in the consensus rankings. He was Matt Waldman’s 7th ranked RB. Yes, Andy Reid has a history of turning RBs into fantasy gold. Yes, the Chiefs have a high powered offense and this was a primo landing spot for CEH. But talent always triumphs over landing spot, and some of the people immediately proclaiming this guy the 1.01 pick seem a little naive. In the past 20 years, the list of RBs who floundered in supposedly primo landing spots is a trail of tears. Furthermore, nobody even knows yet where the landing spots are for arguably superior talents like Swift, Taylor, and Dobbins!

Look, does Clyde Edwards-Helaire move up in my rankings for now based on the draft thus far? Absolutely! But let’s pump the brakes on already declaring him the 1.01 pick in 2020 dynasty league rookie drafts. Let the draft play out and then the debate can truly begin in earnest.
Counterpoint...the world has never before seen an offense like what Reid and Mahomes have created in KC, and I want the RB in KC period. Maybe if another top-tier RB goes to TB, there could be an argument for a different 1.01, but through Round 1 of the NFL Draft, I think CEH is the clear 1.01 in 1QB leagues.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

Forza_Azzurri
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Forza_Azzurri » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:41 pm

bjd5211 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:48 am
Servo wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:40 am Maybe some silver lining on CeeDee:

- Amari's contract has no guaranteed money after 2021
- Gallup's contract is out after 2021
- Dallas has CeeDee for 5 years

Again, not an ideal landing spot with the chance of two other guys being locked in for two more seasons but could create a good buying opportunity for a pretty talented guy.
I disagree on it not being an ideal landing spot, I think it's perfect for him long-term, and if that means I can get him a bit later in drafts now even better. Gallup won't get a 2nd contract in Dallas, and Lamb will definitely be the #2 option by year 2 if not before the end of his rookie year. Having other good WRs on the team is far more of a positive than a negative because they draw coverage away from each other.

Lamb is still my #1 WR and a top 5 pick.
Gallup has developed a good chemistry with Dak, I think you are overestimating how easy it will be to push him aside.

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:59 pm

All this CEH hogwash is distracting from the real problem here; how terrible Kyle Shanahan is at scouting WRs. A player that has a competitive Breakout age, dominance from a team-adjusted production standpoint, and went and showed out at the Senior Bowl and the combine was available. Instead he drafted a player with horrible age adjusted statistics, a player that literally wouldn’t have even been drafted last year if he declared, and somebody who straight bailed at the Senior Bowl because he didn’t want to be exposed in the first round of a deep WR draft. I don’t care how much of a tape grinder or how much you like Aiyuk, he’s not a 1st rounder. I don’t care what the NFL or Shanahan thinks. Horrific pick

Also he doesn’t even fit with the existing pieces they have. What a waste of a first round pick
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 1:03 pm

But moving on let’s enjoy Day 2 of the NFL Draft
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards