2020 Rookie Synopsis - The Wide Receivers

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Re: 2020 Rookie Synopsis - The Wide Receivers

Postby alewilliam789 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:07 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:00 pm Thanks for sharing. One thing I noticed, is the games you studied seem to be their better games. Pittman, for instance, it was basically his 3 best games. From what I have learned through people who are much better and reputable than I, is it's a good idea to choose down games as well, to get a better assessment and a more accurate view of their strengths and weakness. Since you're putting so much effort into it, just thought I'd pass that piece of advice along from some of the more reputable people I've listened to.
Yeah not like I’m a tape guru or a draft aficionado, but I like to pull up prospects games against their best competition if I can get it.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

AussieMate
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby AussieMate » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:45 pm

Thanks for this, I have Lamb then Reagor as my top 2 and Bryan Edwards a few spots higher than you but other than that I see a lot of these prospects similar to you. My favourite part about this forum is the effort some people put into their write ups even if i disagree with some, really helps me look at certain players differently and has in the past altered my opinion on some players.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:35 am

Nice writeup!

One of my favorite parts of a player evaluation is coming up with a comp for said player . To me it's a great way to describe a prospect. I really liked your Mims and Claypool comps as they fit great and I had not thought of those myself!
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:08 am

AussieMate wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:45 pm Thanks for this, I have Lamb then Reagor as my top 2 and Bryan Edwards a few spots higher than you but other than that I see a lot of these prospects similar to you. My favourite part about this forum is the effort some people put into their write ups even if i disagree with some, really helps me look at certain players differently and has in the past altered my opinion on some players.
Part of the reason I started posting these is to generate differing opinions for sure. If you look at the first thread, it started a pretty good Ridley debate. This class is going to have tons of different evaluations/rankings i would think

dustyroads
Starter
Starter

Postby dustyroads » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:11 am

Awesome write up! While I appreciate when people have very different rankings then me and make me relook/rethink players I am lower or higher on; it's also nice this close to draft to see someone very aligned with my thinking as well! Helps convince me I'm not completely off base having Jeudy over Lamb; being very high on Pittman (my 6th WR); being low on Viska; etc.

Would love to read write-ups about where you fall on some of the consensus 16-30 guys like Cephus, Duvernay, Davis, Van Jefferson, Proche... but only so much time in the day, I understand haha.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:16 am

I'm looking forward to going over Jefferson and Duvernay more thoroughly, among a few others. I'm waiting to see how the NFL values some of those guys to better prioritize my time. There's going to be a lot of shifting in the rankings with this class after tonight, anyway haha

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:49 pm

I just want to give props right now for writing this. I'm coming back to this thread several times as the draft unfolds.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:09 am

dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:49 pm I just want to give props right now for writing this. I'm coming back to this thread several times as the draft unfolds.
Thanks, man. I debating even dropping it because there's so many talented people in these threads. Wasn't sure if anyone needed another rankings post. Glad people enjoyed it.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:56 pm

I will pile on - outstanding work dude . I disagree with a few and agree with a few. All in all a damned solid effort .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:10 pm

Appreciate the list!

Jalen Reagor reminds me more of OBJ than DJ Moore.
Bryan Edwards is wayyyyyy more physical than Jordan Matthews (who was ruined by mismanagement over his knee injury).
Dez Bryant/Allen Robinson/Michael Thomas is a closer comp for him.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:51 pm

IZigUZag wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:10 pm Appreciate the list!

Bryan Edwards is wayyyyyy more physical than Jordan Matthews (who was ruined by mismanagement over his knee injury).
I didn't see any of that in all honesty, especially Reagor/OBJ. OBJ was a fantastic route-runner coming out of college. Reagor is not that at all, at least not yet. OBJ also had fantastic hands. Reagor drops a ton of balls (even when accounting for his QB play).

I appreciate the input, though. The comps are kind of silly to do in the first place.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:54 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:56 pm I will pile on - outstanding work dude . I disagree with a few and agree with a few. All in all a damned solid effort .
Thanks, man. My first thought when I finished this was "there's going to be a ton of differing opinions after tier 1." Makes things much more interesting to me.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:57 pm

I noticed earlier you didn't have Higgins on the list. Any reason for that? I figured he was in pretty much everyone's top 10. Just curious. Thanks again for all the write ups

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:02 pm

Ghosted wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:51 pm
IZigUZag wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:10 pm Appreciate the list!

I didn't see any of that in all honesty, especially Reagor/OBJ. OBJ was a fantastic route-runner coming out of college. Reagor is not that at all, at least not yet. OBJ also had fantastic hands. Reagor drops a ton of balls (even when accounting for his QB play).

I appreciate the input, though. The comps are kind of silly to do in the first place.
Reagor's a less refined OBJ, the comp with him was more stylistic. They're both extremely explosive with the ability to turn on a dime losing very little acceleration. I like Reagor's route running, but I'd agree he's a far cry from OBJ at this point in time as well.

Ghosted
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ghosted » Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:16 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:57 pm I noticed earlier you didn't have Higgins on the list. Any reason for that? I figured he was in pretty much everyone's top 10. Just curious. Thanks again for all the write ups
he's 11, I just forgot to bold his name. Thanks for catching it