Percy Harvin!?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Re: Percy Harvin

Postby voiceofunreason » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:46 pm

Amazes me how highly places like DLF have him ranked. He's really just waiver wire fodder. Beyond all his other problems he's in Buffalo now and he doesn't look like a guy who's going to play until he's 36.

RavingLunatic
Starter
Starter

Postby RavingLunatic » Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:33 pm

His best years are behind him. He used to be great in PPR, but ever since he left Minny it's been all downhill and I don't think he bounces back in a big enough way to be relevant again. He might be a little more useful in kick/punt return leagues though.

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:16 am

My guess is DLF ranks of talent, not situation, and that's why he is ranked high. If he had ended up in GB or NE his value would be quite high. But I traded him away cheap because he doesn't seem to care where he lands and almost seems to go where he won't be properly utilized. And he doesn't seem bothered by that fact. I don't know if he's just stupid or what, but I'm done with him. I think a real competitor would want to go where he would be used if he was going to change teams.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

REPTAR
Captain
Captain

Postby REPTAR » Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:04 am

RavingLunatic wrote:His best years are behind him. He used to be great in PPR, but ever since he left Minny it's been all downhill and I don't think he bounces back in a big enough way to be relevant again. He might be a little more useful in kick/punt return leagues though.
Not saying you're wrong necessarily, but I do think it's important to look at what transpired since he left Minny. He basically lost an entire year to hip injury, and the following year was mired in controversy in Seattle and traded mid season to Jets, learning a new offense during the season and playing significant snaps outside for the first time. He's now showing a hopefully improved attitude and has been learning the offense. Granted, the qb situation in Buffalo is awful, but the past 2 years (since leaving Minny), Harvin's kinda had a raw deal. I just keep thinking about that game in Seattle where he had 3 TDs called back by penalty - he has tons of natural talent, he just needs the situation to be right to succeed. We'll see.

maxhyde
GOAT
GOAT

Postby maxhyde » Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:02 pm

He is a bit of a diva but I would expect he will find a pass friendly offense at some point...maybe even before he loses some of his athleticism
I am keeping him especially in return leagues
DLF HOF League 16 team PPR
QB: Brees, Bradford, Lock(3.07)
RB: David Johnson, Penny, Sanders(1.07), Montgomery(1.06), Love(2.07) Bernard, MLynch, Morris, TJLogan, Joe Williams, Shaun Wilson
WR: Jeffery,Cooper, Josh Gordon, Dede Westbrook, Cam Meredith, Brice Butler, Chester Rogers, Lockett, Switzer, Malone, Cain (IR)
TE: Gronk, Swaim, Maxx Williams

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:22 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote:My guess is DLF ranks of talent, not situation, and that's why he is ranked high. If he had ended up in GB or NE his value would be quite high. But I traded him away cheap because he doesn't seem to care where he lands and almost seems to go where he won't be properly utilized. And he doesn't seem bothered by that fact. I don't know if he's just stupid or what, but I'm done with him. I think a real competitor would want to go where he would be used if he was going to change teams.
Is that why Edelman is a top 30 wr?

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:08 am

it takes a special kind of punk to get sent packing out of Seattle, one of the most player-friendly, familial organizations in the NFL. That aside, if he's not in a featured role he'll just be a low-volume gadget player on the Bills which is pretty underwhelming. Stranger things have happened though
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds

SteveMaddensShoes
Legend
Legend

Postby SteveMaddensShoes » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:58 am

voiceofunreason wrote:
SteveMaddensShoes wrote:My guess is DLF ranks of talent, not situation, and that's why he is ranked high. If he had ended up in GB or NE his value would be quite high. But I traded him away cheap because he doesn't seem to care where he lands and almost seems to go where he won't be properly utilized. And he doesn't seem bothered by that fact. I don't know if he's just stupid or what, but I'm done with him. I think a real competitor would want to go where he would be used if he was going to change teams.

Yeah, obviously talent + situation is how they rank as well. But just for the sake of argument, Edelman has high SPARQ scores and when you watch him you realize he is nearly uncoverable on short to medium routes. When Gronk was out and most of their other wr's were banged up, they relied on Edelman. He is no Dez and can't beat a double team 30 yards down the field but he did beat double teams with quickness on short routes. Btw, I think Percy would fall into that same type of category as well.
TEAM 1 - 12 man SF. ppr, TEP 1.65 ppr

11 starters - QB, RB(2) WR(3) TE, SF, Flex(3)

Stroud, Kyler, Bryce Young, Anthony Richardson, Minshew, Trey Lance, Dalton l, Mike White

Breece, Achane, AJ Dillon, Justice Hill, Evan Hull, Chris Rodgriquez

Chase, Lamb, Waddle, Olave, London Drake, Demario Davis, Jake Bobo

Kyle Pitts, Mark Andrews, Kincaid, Schoonmaker

24 picks - 1x2, 3,4,5

Team 2-
12 man SF, .25ppc, .5ppr rbs, 1 ppr wr, 1.5 ppr TE

Joe Burrow, Trevor Lawerence, Jake Haehner, Jake Browning

JT, Kendre Miller,, K Ingram, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Kenny Macintosh, Sean Tucker

Puka, Rondale, Mooney, Wan’dale, Terrace Marshall, DPJ, Justyn Ross, Xavier Hutchinson,

Kyle Pitts, Luke Musgrave, Juwan Johnson, Darnell Washington, Jelani Woods, Elijah Higgins

24 - 1st x 3, 2nd x 2, 4th x 3 ,5

Mefisto
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mefisto » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:17 am

Harvin is the Bradford of WR's. He has all the talent in the world, he just can't seem to stay on the field and has never had a good supporting cast (barring a year in Seattle in which he played maybe a game total). I like to watch him play and so foolishly hold out hope every year that it will all come together. Though going to Buffalo has severly dimmed that hope.

If i was trading for him I'd consider him a throw in right now.
12 Team Non-PPR league. 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1RB/WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DL, 1LB, 1DB, 2DL/LB/DB
QB: Brady, Stafford, Mariota, Tannehill
RB: L. Miller, A. Collins, K. Drake, R. Freeman, K. Dixon, D. Foreman, D. Murray, J. Allen, Gore
WR: Hopkins, ARob, S. Diggs, D. Parker, M. Lee, J. Matthews, T. Lockett, D. Pettis, Callaway
TE: T. Kelce, E. Ebron, C. Brate
K: Bailey, Coons, Boswell
DL: D. Hunter, R. Quinn, D. Lawrence
LB: Von Miller, A. Ogletree, B. Wagner T. Edmunds
DB: H. Smith, J. Cyprien, L. Collins
2017 Superbowl Champion

10 Team PPR League. Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 1Superflex, 1Flex, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 3DFlex
QB: Luck, Goff, Trubisky, Prescott, Tannehill
RB: Gurley, Mixon, Barkley, D. Foreman
WR: Kupp, Cooper, C. Davis, Parker, T. Lockett, Kupp, W. Fuller, Sutton, John Brown, Callaway
TE: Kelce, Burton
DL: D. Lawrence, Ogunjobi, Ansah, M. Davenport
LB: L. Kuechly, T. Smith, Kiko Alonso, T. Edmunds, J. Smith, R. Foster
DB: Clinton-Dix, D. James, T. Edmunds, M. Jenkins

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:01 am

Damaged goods. Can't see his value ever recouping

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:30 am

seahawks506 wrote:it takes a special kind of punk to get sent packing out of Seattle, one of the most player-friendly, familial organizations in the NFL. That aside, if he's not in a featured role he'll just be a low-volume gadget player on the Bills which is pretty underwhelming. Stranger things have happened though
Is it really player friendly? I've never gotten that vibe at all. Not saying I think they're a bad organization but I seem to recall Lynch being on Harvin's side in disputes with the Seahawks and he was sad to see him go. I don't think Wilson liked him though.

I also don't think it's a huge blemish on his record that he couldn't produce in Seattle seeing that they have had a pretty poor passing game for quite a while. I mean was Golden Tate a punk too? He seems to have done alright in Detroit but was borderline useless in Seattle.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

Krang
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Krang » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:14 pm

TommyL31 wrote:
seahawks506 wrote:it takes a special kind of punk to get sent packing out of Seattle, one of the most player-friendly, familial organizations in the NFL. That aside, if he's not in a featured role he'll just be a low-volume gadget player on the Bills which is pretty underwhelming. Stranger things have happened though
Is it really player friendly? I've never gotten that vibe at all. Not saying I think they're a bad organization but I seem to recall Lynch being on Harvin's side in disputes with the Seahawks and he was sad to see him go. I don't think Wilson liked him though.

I also don't think it's a huge blemish on his record that he couldn't produce in Seattle seeing that they have had a pretty poor passing game for quite a while. I mean was Golden Tate a punk too? He seems to have done alright in Detroit but was borderline useless in Seattle.
Yes, Golden Tate is a punk, too, haha. Can't stand that guy. Personality opinions aside though, I think Harvin is one of the great enigmas in fantasy in recent years. He's a guy with seemingly tons of talent just as a football player in general who is really fun to watch with the ball in his hands, but then managed to work his way out of favor with two different NFL teams, as well as fantasy owners everywhere. Maybe the last couple of years haven't been all his fault on the field, but his off the field issues that have seen him basically run out of town twice can't really be blamed on coincidence and circumstance. At some point, if it's rotten enough, you can't cut around the bad parts of the apple anymore. I'd like to think we're not at that point with Harvin already, but there hasn't been a whole lot lately to suggest otherwise. What I DO find intriguing is that he's now been paired with an elite RB for a teammate for the 3rd time in 4 stops now, and if he keeps his head on straight and his butt off the trainer's table, that could actually prove to be fruitful for him once again, a la his time with AP.

voiceofunreason
MVP
MVP

Postby voiceofunreason » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:45 pm

SteveMaddensShoes wrote:
voiceofunreason wrote:

Yeah, obviously talent + situation is how they rank as well. But just for the sake of argument, Edelman has high SPARQ scores and when you watch him you realize he is nearly uncoverable on short to medium routes. When Gronk was out and most of their other wr's were banged up, they relied on Edelman. He is no Dez and can't beat a double team 30 yards down the field but he did beat double teams with quickness on short routes. Btw, I think Percy would fall into that same type of category as well.
If Tom Brady retired tomorrow Edelman's career would be over. He's not in the top 100 talent wise at wr.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:04 pm

A 6 year veteran that still needed to learn basic route concepts in camp this year is a huge red-flag to me.

Harvin has never bothered to master the technical aspects of his position, and at this point it's unrealistic to think he ever will. He's a pill, and has questionable professionalism.

It's comical that he felt 'intimidated' by a depth-chart of undrafted players in Seattle; I'm guessing they were embarrassing him in the film-room all the time, despite Harvin being the guy with the big money contract. And, of course, Harvin is the kind of guy that thinks it's always someone else's fault, never his own.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

seahawks506
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby seahawks506 » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:39 pm

TommyL31 wrote:

I mean even local reporters were pretty baffled by the whole situation. Drama typically stays in the locker room, but either way the media has reported time and time again that the Seahawks have a player-friendly culture instilled by Pete Carroll. It's managed to keep guys like Bruce Irvin and Marshawn Lynch, who entered as pretty huge character question marks, out of trouble off the field. The system is conducive to everyone except players who put themselves before the team and that's who Harvin is. Tate was immature but he didn't create any drama until after he left, only because the Seahawks didn't offer him much money. Tate put up a couple decent seasons with Wilson actually, the problem with Harvin was he was a diva that wasn't living up to the hype: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... on-sunday/

Over/under on 6 games before Percy throws a tantrum during a Bills game. Physical talent has never been the question for him, he's just not a professional receiver. DLF has him ranked 53, which is still too high IMO. I'd probably rather roster someone like Allen Hurns, Kenny Britt, Devin Smith, Brandon LaFell, Steve Johnson, Wheaton, etc. He's probably lower than 70 for me, which is pretty sad considering how high he used to be. As a Harvin owner I'm not holding out hope for him.
orphan rebuild- 3 superflex, nerfed QB scoring 0.5/1/1.5 wr/rb/te PPR
QB: Hurts, Dobbs, Lance, Huntley, Bagent
RB: Swift, Kamara, Sanders, K. Mitchell, Foreman, CEH, Dowdle, Demercado
WR: Lamb, AJB, DK, Hollywood, Jakobi, Lazard, Boyd, Shaheed, Douglas
TE: Chig, Juwan, Conklin, Taysom, Smythe
Picks: 3 2024 2nds

rebuild 2: 1QB PPR
QB: Richardson, Pickett, Mayfield
RB: Achane, E Mitchell, Demercado
WR: Chase, Addison, QJ, J Palmer, Wan'Dale, Claypool, Douglas, Metchie
TE: Kittle, Mayer, Otton, Ferguson
Picks: 3 2024 1sts, 2 2024 2nds