Percy Harvin!?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Percy Harvin Value

Postby Bad News Barrett » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:00 am

Curious to see what the community thinks of Percy Harvin...

He hasn't put together anything special in years. He is injury prone. He is a head case.

He has also been in "not ideal" situations for the last two years in Seattle and NY.

Let's assume he goes to a contender with a QB, say Chargers, Patriots, or Eagles. What is his value? What would you pay for him or what would you sell him for?

I've had some owners kicking tires today on Percy, and told them I need to assess his value as to where he goes.
Finally on Twitter @dynastybarrett

"I'm afraid I've got some bad news"

DYNOmite
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Percy Harvin Value

Postby DYNOmite » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:02 am

At least a 1st.

CrimsonKodiak
Starter
Starter

Postby CrimsonKodiak » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:12 am

badnewsbarrett wrote:Curious to see what the community thinks of Percy Harvin...

He hasn't put together anything special in years. He is injury prone. He is a head case.

He has also been in "not ideal" situations for the last two years in Seattle and NY.

Let's assume he goes to a contender with a QB, say Chargers, Patriots, or Eagles. What is his value? What would you pay for him or what would you sell him for?

I've had some owners kicking tires today on Percy, and told them I need to assess his value as to where he goes.
I think you get the best trade right now before he signs with a team.
The way I see it if he goes to either of the Eagles, Chargers, Patriots. Owners will see upside and will ask for more. True its a risk as he could also go to Oakland, but I'm a harvin owner and I'm holding out to see where he goes.
DLF Premium league (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R/T, W/R/T) PPR
QB - Brady, Carr, Hoyer, Lynch
RB - CJA, Miller, Langford, Henry, Vereen, J. Allen, McCluster, Darkwa
WR - Sanders, Woods, Funchess, Jo Brown, Hogan, Ph. Cooper, Heyward-Bey, Wright, Marquess Wilson, Hunter, Goodwin, Fuller
TE - Gronkowski, Ebron, Chandler, Boyle

2017 1,2,3

CrimsonKodiak
Starter
Starter

Postby CrimsonKodiak » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:13 am

DYNOmite wrote:At least a 1st.
I would love to get a first, but I can't see anyone accepting that at the moment
WR - Sanders, Woods, Funchess, Jo Brown, Hogan, Ph. Cooper, Heyward-Bey, Wright, Marquess Wilson, Hunter, Goodwin, Fuller

2017 1,2,3

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:14 am

CrimsonKodiak wrote:
badnewsbarrett wrote:Curious to see what the community thinks of Percy Harvin...

I think you get the best trade right now before he signs with a team.
The way I see it if he goes to either of the Eagles, Chargers, Patriots. Owners will see upside and will ask for more. True its a risk as he could also go to Oakland, but I'm a harvin owner and I'm holding out to see where he goes.
I have Harvin and the owners are inquiring from me. Its a risk holding, but I am really hoping he goes to the Pats or Eagles

CrimsonKodiak
Starter
Starter

Postby CrimsonKodiak » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:17 am

badnewsbarrett wrote: I have Harvin and the owners are inquiring from me. Its a risk holding, but I am really hoping he goes to the Pats or Eagles
I see the Eagles as a very viable option after losing Maclin. it depends on if Gore signs there or not IMO. Harvin would be great in a hurry up offense.

2017 1,2,3

nation31
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby nation31 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:33 am

Yea he would be great in a hurry up offense; but Chip wouldn't put up with Harvin's shenanigans.

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby sloth8u » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:37 am

ive been trying to buy with mid 2nds and havent gotten anyone to bite. i dont see this draft as very deep, so believe i would rather own harvin at that price.

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:53 am

I tried to buy for a 2.06 in one league this morning but was rejected. He's shot back his Harvin for my 2.06/2.12, which, as of right now is too much but could get interesting if he signs in a favorable situation.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2

italian_stallion21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby italian_stallion21 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:41 am

Seventy5 wrote:I tried to buy for a 2.06 in one league this morning but was rejected. He's shot back his Harvin for my 2.06/2.12, which, as of right now is too much but could get interesting if he signs in a favorable situation.
If he signs somewhere favourable I don't think that trade will be there though.

BuckeyeNation
GOAT
GOAT

Postby BuckeyeNation » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:48 am

CrimsonKodiak wrote:
DYNOmite wrote:At least a 1st.
I would love to get a first, but I can't see anyone accepting that at the moment
The only way I'd give a 1st for Harvin is if it were a late 1st and I was getting a high 2nd in return with with Harvin . Too harsh?
-TEAM 1. Year 5 '15/'16 Champ
Ben
Freeman/Cook/Hyde/Crowell/AP/Rawls/JWill(GB)/Gallman/Vereen/Smallwood/Clement
Julio/Jordy/Crowder/Enunwa/JuJu/Zay/Treadwell/JJNelson/Anderson/Switzer
Olsen/Graham/Gathers/Kittle

-TEAM 2- Year 5 '13/'16 Champ-'14/'15 R/U
Luck/Cousins
Bell/Hunt/Gillislee/Henry/Charles/Rawls/Burkhead
Brown/Jordy/Tate/Moncrief/Enunwa/Meredith/Zay/JJNelson/Anderson/Stewart
Olsen/Ebron/Henry

-TEAM 3- Year 5
'13-'15 R/U
Cam/Smith/Trubisky
Zeke/CJA/Montgomery/Ware/Charles/Booker/Burk/Smallwood/Cohen
Brown/Hilton/Diggs/Marvin/Pryor/Parker/Maclin/Meredith/JJNelson
Reed/Doyle/Miller/Gathers

-TEAM 4- Year 3
Wilson/Mariota
Ajayi/Howard/Hyde/Riddick/Vereen/Burk/Clement
OBJ/ARob/MThomas/Landry/Adams/Crowder/MJones/White/Lee/Samuel
Olsen/Rudolph/Swoope/Barnidge

TommyL31
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby TommyL31 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:50 am

italian_stallion21 wrote:
Seventy5 wrote:I tried to buy for a 2.06 in one league this morning but was rejected. He's shot back his Harvin for my 2.06/2.12, which, as of right now is too much but could get interesting if he signs in a favorable situation.
Was going to post exactly this. People want to take a 'wait and see' approach which is fine but they need to know that if he goes to a decent team his value goes up. Given that he's not going back to the Jets I think most destinations other than the Browns, Raiders, or Titans are a boost in value and I could be persuaded that the Raiders are.
"whiners kill more leagues than incompetent trades" - clarion contrarion

DFFL - Flea Flickers, 12 team PPR dynasty
Legends of the Gridiron - Boss Hawgs, 12 team PPR Superflex Salary Cap league
USFL - Memphis Showboats, 12 team PPR Superflex Tiered Salary Cap League

Bad News Barrett
MVP
MVP

Postby Bad News Barrett » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:58 am

TommyL31 wrote:
italian_stallion21 wrote:
Was going to post exactly this. People want to take a 'wait and see' approach which is fine but they need to know that if he goes to a decent team his value goes up. Given that he's not going back to the Jets I think most destinations other than the Browns, Raiders, or Titans are a boost in value and I could be persuaded that the Raiders are.
Sort of agree with the Raiders. No true #1 guy there and Carr didn't look terrible either. Browns or Titans would be bad, but at this point I still think there would be enough suiters where Percy wouldn't have to go to a bad situation. He needs to excel somewhere so he can get a good contract. I see a 1 yr deal with a contender as a win/win for whoever gets him

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:19 pm

That really isn't all that bad of a deal for you. Yes there are risks for both sides, but if you are buying him to be your WR4 or WR5 I see nothing wrong with it.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

Seventy5
Legend
Legend

Postby Seventy5 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:20 pm

I agree. I'm leaning towards buying in a few leagues I can afford to take risks just to see what happens. I have a hard time believing his value drops any further in the near future, but can see it skyrocketing depending on landing spot. Seems like a good investment to make.

Worst case scenario - he signs with a team like Oakland/Cleveland, which, may actually be an upgrade in comparison to NYJ last year. Only way I see his value dropping further is if he injured himself again, which is a real possibility with him.

Best case scenario - the Philly/New England reports come true. I think his value would also rose (or at least potentially rise) if he landed in Baltimore, Carolina, Miami, or even Atlanta/SD/Wash/Dallas.
DLF HOF League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Deshaun Watson | Stafford | Purdy | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley |DeVon Achane | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Joe Mixon / Chase Brown | Tucker
WR: Tyreek Hill | Rashee Rice | Tank Dell
WR: Stefon Diggs | DeVonta Smith | MWilliams | Claypool | C Austin
TE: Higbee | Likely | Chig Okonkwo | Strange
2023: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3

DLF Premium League | 16 Team 1PPR 1QB-2WR-2RB-1TE-2FL:
QB: Joe Burrow | Mayfield | Hooker
RB: Saquon Barkley | Tank Bigsby | Deuce
RB: Alvin Kamara | Aaron Jones | JK Dobbins | Sean Tucker
WR: Ja'Marr Chase | Christian Watson | Hyatt | Shenault
WR: Keenan Allen | Marquise Brown | Calvin Ridley | Addison | Claypool | C Jones | Shakir
TE: Sam LaPorta | Strange | Jonnu
2023: 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2