Percy Harvin!?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dlf_ericd
Administrator

Re: Percy Harvin

Postby dlf_ericd » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:27 am

I've heard a lot about Harvin lately it seems, but haven't heard much on what people are projecting for him w/ Rice versus without Rice. Now that we know McNabb is going to be the QB, what do you guys see for him this year in both scenarios?
On twitter? Hit me up @DLFootball

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:52 am

airlex wrote:I've heard a lot about Harvin lately it seems, but haven't heard much on what people are projecting for him w/ Rice versus without Rice. Now that we know McNabb is going to be the QB, what do you guys see for him this year in both scenarios?
I think we need to wait and see whether Rice re-signs there and if not just who the Vikings bring in on the other side.
If you can't leave at least a 20% tip, you can't afford to eat out.

BeRanDone
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby BeRanDone » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:10 am

skip wrote:
airlex wrote:I've heard a lot about Harvin lately it seems, but haven't heard much on what people are projecting for him w/ Rice versus without Rice. Now that we know McNabb is going to be the QB, what do you guys see for him this year in both scenarios?
I think we need to wait and see whether Rice re-signs there and if not just who the Vikings bring in on the other side.
We already know who they brought in Skip, Devin Aromashodu. He's going for 1100 yards and 13 td's EASY. :lol: :P

In all seriousness, I agree that we need to see who they bring in at WR if Rice leaves. With Santonio re-signing in NYJ, Braylon could be a fit in Minnesota.

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:34 am

BeRanDone wrote:
skip wrote:
We already know who they brought in Skip, Devin Aromashodu. He's going for 1100 yards and 13 td's EASY. :lol: :P

In all seriousness, I agree that we need to see who they bring in at WR if Rice leaves. With Santonio re-signing in NYJ, Braylon could be a fit in Minnesota.
Exactly what I told Dan. With the Vikings and Seahawks both showing interest in Rice, one would think that the "loser" will go after Braylon.

Mangelo
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Mangelo » Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:10 pm

Braylon has no bearing on Harvins numbers, and he's already shown he can get it done with Rice on the other side. RESPECT

haydn239
Captain
Captain

Postby haydn239 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:39 pm

I feel like harvin takes a slight hit! Rice and AP take alot off of harvin and allow them to be creative and get him the ball in space
Twitter @haydn239

RaiderNation21
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby RaiderNation21 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:26 pm

How do you all compare DJax to Harvin? Who would you rather have and how close do you have them rated?

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:38 am

RaiderNation21 wrote:How do you all compare DJax to Harvin? Who would you rather have and how close do you have them rated?
In non ppr I think Djax scores slightly more points this year. In a ppr i would say that they score relatively similiar points, maybe a slight advantage to Harvin.
Despite this I wold prefer to have Djax (although I think he is overrated) in either type of league. He has more value at this point and could trade him for something better then harvin. He is usually off the board in the first 30 picks. Harvin is usually not drafted until later

Lumps
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Harvin's struggles

Postby Lumps » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:06 am

Anyone watching the Vikings this year? I know McNabb is just being terrible, but I've read that they just don't have him on the field. What gives? Their second best player isn't in the game?

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Re: Harvin's struggles

Postby Risky bidness » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:20 am

Last week was bad for Harvin but at least in my league he has been solid. No eye popping numbers, but the Vikings need to get him more involved.

Water Buffalo
Legend
Legend

Postby Water Buffalo » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:13 am

Lumps wrote:Anyone watching the Vikings this year? I know McNabb is just being terrible, but I've read that they just don't have him on the field. What gives? Their second best player isn't in the game?
They've had him on the field more and more after they got ripped for not using him enough in the first couple games. They even have a fair amount of designed run plays for him.

The problem from my eyes, and I'm a Vikes fan that watches every game, is that they can't get ANY sort of consistency on offense and I put it 99% on the shoulders of McNabb. He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a pass 10 yards or more down the field. Literally, the only way Harvin is going to get stats is run plays, bubble screens, or 5 yard hooks. If its farther than that, the ball will either be 2 feet over his head or, and more likely, bounce 2 feet in front of him.

Trust me though, the problem is not Harvin. He's electric every time he touches the ball. If and when they get a real QB to get him the ball I think he'll put up fantastic PPR numbers. I was quite high on Harvin coming in to this season, but I unfortunately underestimated just how far McNabb has fallen. He's bad... really, really bad. (no, worse than that even.....)

andrewfroboy
Captain
Captain

Postby andrewfroboy » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:17 am

Welcome to last year for me as a Skins fan
10 Team PPR, 6 point QB TD pass, Starts 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2RB/WR/TE, 1K, 1D/ST
QB: Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Josh Freeman, Carson Palmer
RB: Jamaal Charles, Maurice Jones-Drew, Chris Johnson, Jahvid Best, Jonathan Stewart, DeAngelo Williams, Taiwan Jones
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Greg Little, Marques Colston, Michael Crabtree, Antonio Brown, Leonard Hankerson, Damian Williams, Pierre Garçon
TE: Jimmy Graham, Jermichael Finley, Aaron Hernandez
K: Mason Crosby
D/ST: Lions
2012: 3 3 4

skip
GOAT
GOAT

Postby skip » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:21 am

I've been seeking an opportunity to obtain Harvin and am thinking the time is now. His owners have to be frustrated. Where are owners placing his value?

kris_kapsner
Legend
Legend

Postby kris_kapsner » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:28 am

McNabb has been unbelievably disappointing. I can't believe how inaccurate McNabb has been. He's not hitting players in stride. Just about every other reception that is completed is a circus catch by our players because the ball is never thrown in a place that's easily catchable.

Harvin is still a beast. Every time he touches the ball you just have to hold your breath in anticipation of him breaking a long one. But, the Vikings were using him sparingly to start the season. Why? I have no idea. He's getting into the game more and more. But, he's not touching the ball enough yet.

50% of the plays should be going to Harvin and AP. I have no idea what the Vikings are thinking. I wasn't a fan of hiring Frazier without even looking at our other options out there. Perhaps it's time to create an anti-Frazier photo... :D
16 team PPR Est. 2002 (Champion: 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2016)
Start: QB, 2-4WR, 2-3RB, 1-2TE, K, D
QB: Russell Wilson, Zach Wilson
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Chubb, Hunt, G. Bernard
WR: Adams, Metcalf, Callaway, Shepard, Watkins, Fuller, T. Williams, Proche
TE: Kelce, Pitts, Njoku, Seals-Jones
K: Gay
D: Vikings

aggs
Role Player
Role Player

Postby aggs » Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:32 am

I'd like buy low as well. What's the going rate?