Gronk Thread: Gronkowski to Tampa Bay!

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Neo
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Broken forearm for Gronk?

Postby Neo » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:49 pm

I was looking great in the two leagues in which I own Gronk. What a kick in the a$$. And on, what, their 8th PAT? Really, Belichick? Idiot...
FBDL / 12 team, ppr league...start 1 QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE, 1 K, 1 Def
QB: Burrow, Stroud
RB: Breece, Achane, KMiller, Kyren, Edwards, Hunt, Singletary
WR: Chase, THiggins, London, Addison, Douglas, Moore, Wandale
TE: Kittle, Kmet, Ferguson

FFF / 16 team, ppr league (1.5 for TE)...start 1 QB, 1-2 RB, 1-3 WR, 1-3 TE, 1 K, 1 Def
QB: Watson, Young
RB: Taylor, Herbert, Pacheco, Kyren
WR: Olave, Pittman, JSN, Nico, Bateman
TE: Mayer, Chig

dlf_jacobf
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby dlf_jacobf » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:40 pm

bigcsr67 wrote:
georg013 wrote:Would you move Hernandez for a chance to lock down Gronk long term?
For sure
I actually like Hernandez better long term than Gronk. Hernandez is more explosive and his contract structure makes it more likely for him to actually be with New England for the entire length than Gronkowski's.

Though if you can get Gronk at a discount, go for it. Then trade him when he's healthy and producing.

oppy
Role Player
Role Player

Postby oppy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:56 am

This really sucked for me since he's one of the core guys on my best team this season. I only have Rob Housler behind him, and with Skelton/Lindley... ....

There are a couple guys on waivers like Garrett Graham and even Shiancoe but no one seems like someone I can really count on for points, and Gronk was destroying every week. At least I'll have Harvin back soon. Probably.

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:26 am

It was just a matter of time before running up a score or leaving core starters in too long came up and bit the Patriots in the A$$. I don't feel bad for them one bit. I've never been a Gronk owner as I just couldn't bring myself to pay the high price. Not saying he isn't talented though. Hernandez's stock starts to rise for sure. Although, he hasn't been the picture of health lately either. He is quite young and does have a franchise friendly contract. Although, I'd bet that with the loss of Brady in a season or two (2014)ish, that the patriots spiral towards the bottom of their division and all offensive skill players take a huge hit in value. That's a ways down the road however. Just something to keep in mind when talking about a 23 year old TE that is paired with at 35/36 year old qb.

Young QB's don't target and lean on TE's like they used to.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

Chris_R
MVP
MVP

Postby Chris_R » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:49 am

JFever wrote:It was just a matter of time before running up a score or leaving core starters in too long came up and bit the Patriots in the A$$. I don't feel bad for them one bit. I've never been a Gronk owner as I just couldn't bring myself to pay the high price. Not saying he isn't talented though. Hernandez's stock starts to rise for sure. Although, he hasn't been the picture of health lately either. He is quite young and does have a franchise friendly contract. Although, I'd bet that with the loss of Brady in a season or two (2014)ish, that the patriots spiral towards the bottom of their division and all offensive skill players take a huge hit in value. That's a ways down the road however. Just something to keep in mind when talking about a 23 year old TE that is paired with at 35/36 year old qb.

Young QB's don't target and lean on TE's like they used to.

That's a lot to assume considering the Bills & Jets are in disarray right now with no QB either. I'll give Miami a pass since they at least have Tannehill but top to bottom the Pats are still infinitely more talented. Also, young QB's lean on their weapons. Who else would you throw the ball to there? The TE's are going to be a staple of that offense, obviously Tom Brady helps but when you have a guys like Hernandez who can run routes like a WR and line up all over the field creating mis matches, and Gronk who is starting like the best TE in NFL history, I'd find it hard to believe a new QB comes in and doesn't do everything in his power to get the ball to them.

Of course a young QB isn't going to force the ball to their TE regardless of who they are, especially if they are an average talent. Both those guys are as talented as you could possibly get for TE's, for me that'll win out more so then who is playing QB.
12 Team ppr Dynasty IDP Superflex
1 QB, 1 QB/RB, 1 RB, 1 WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 DB, 2 DL/LB/DB

QB: Dak Prescott/Kyler Murray
RB: Jonathan Taylor/James Robinson/D'Onta Foreman/Chris Hubbard/Keontay Ingram
WR: Jamar Chase/Diontae Johnson/Amron St Brown/Courtland Sutton/Rondale Moore/Donovan Peoples-Jones/Christian Watson
TE: Dalton Schultz/Gerald Everett/Greg Dulcich/Jeremy Ruckert

DL: Joey Bosa/Khalil Mack
LB: Leighton Vander Esch/Tremaine Edmunds/Blake Martinez/Telvin Smith/Sean Lee
DB: Earl Thomas/Keanu Neal/Minkah Fitzpatrick/John Johnson

Picks: 2023(three)

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:21 am

Not at all saying that the two TE's aren't talented or valuable. Just saying - Without Brady, I don't think players like Welker (slot player) Woodhead, etc have much less production. I think without a dominant and consistant pass game (Brady), the runners they have there are average and unpreditable as well. Therefore, the focus of Defenses switches to two players (Gronk and Hernandez) rather than 5, 6, or 7 - (Lloyd, Welker, Ridley, Gronk, Hernandez, Woodhead, Edleman). I think without Brady, the Pat's ship sinks slowly. A long ways out, yes. Heck, I could be completely wrong and Mallett may end up being a Rodgers type draft pick by the Patriots brass - But after 2014, I don't think Brady plays again and I think that has a domino effect in N.E.

I agree that the Bills and the Jets Qb situation is in flux right now but within two years they could likely be ahead of the curve in that department. Who knows I guess. I do like some of the things I've seen from Tannehill, but he is young and has some growing to do. In retrospect... it seems too far out to speculate but one has to wonder a little about how long Brady will be this elite. He'll be 36 as next season starts.

In a way, I'm thankfull something happened to the Pats as they were running it up. It's about time is all I can think. I feel bad on a human level but seriously... As a head coach myself, I can't begin to understand what that coaching staff is thinking... Why on earth keep your studs in the game that long? Why risk it. It seems at times that Belichick over coaches and under "thinks". As far as football is concerned; serves them right. Along these lines - If Belichick continues to "run up" scores (which he clearly likes to do), Brady's career ending injury could be sooner rather than later.

:2cents:

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

lukeb
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby lukeb » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Nothing wrong with BB's policy. Nothing
DLF Writer and Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter at dynastyluke

KMA
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby KMA » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:23 pm

Isn't the first and won't be the last
Sentenced to Redraft Duty

Wentz / Goff
Jacobs / Mack / Coleman / Mixon
OBJ / Adams / Thielen / Sutton / Gallup / Davis
Ertz / Henry

TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TheOracle » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:50 pm

lbouchard wrote:Nothing wrong with BB's policy. Nothing
+1.
12 team//24 Man Roster//1QB,2RB,4WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE/1K/1DST//0.5 point PPR//$350 Salary Cap (Salary per year/Years)
QB= Stafford (19/3), Luck (10/1), Locker (1/1),
RB= Forte (39/3), Murray (11/3), Mathews (34/3), Martin (10/1), Tate (11/3), Hunter (6/1), F. Jones (3/1)
WR= Green (21/3), Harvin (27/3), Maclin (33/3), Bowe (23/1) Thomas (11/3), Quick (5/1), Hill (10/1)
TE= Hernandez (19/1), Rudolph (8/1)

12 Team, non-PPR, All TDs 6, QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, 20 man rosters, cut to 14 for Rookie/FA Draft
QB: RG3, Newton, Wilson
RB: Richardson, Martin, Spiller, Charles, L. Miller, L. James,
WR: AJ Green, Julio Jones, Cruz, Marshall, Fitzgerald, Alexander, Hankerson,
TE: Gronk,

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:44 pm

TheOracle wrote:
+1.

This is the second time this has happened. Remember when Welker blew out his ACL and MCL playing in the last game of the season when the Pats had everything locked up?

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:20 pm

The only people that would approve of BB's philosphies are current owners of Patriot offensive players. No doubt about it. I'll admit, I am not an owner of any pat's but as a coach myself, no way in hell my stud starters are in during those type of blow out wins. No way in hell. But... tough to argue with is resume. Just a difference in philosophies is all.

TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TheOracle » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:21 pm

WZA wrote:
TheOracle wrote:
+1.

This is the second time this has happened. Remember when Welker blew out his ACL and MCL playing in the last game of the season when the Pats had everything locked up?
Do you really think the depth chart for the field goal team goes two deep? And since when do extra points present an injury risk? Honestly, if you want to criticize the Patriots for having Brady throw the ball with a huge lead, that's fine. But are you really expecting any NFL coach to monitor who goes out to block for the extra point? Really?

This isn't even remotely similar to the Welker situation either. That was the "do you play or rest your starters with nothing to play for in Week 17" debate which is a perfectly legitimate conversation to have. That's totally different from "should you randomly remove guys from the extra point team because there's a 0.001 chance of an injury." Not even close with this comment.
12 team//24 Man Roster//1QB,2RB,4WR,1TE,1RB/WR/TE/1K/1DST//0.5 point PPR//$350 Salary Cap (Salary per year/Years)
RB= Forte (39/3), Murray (11/3), Mathews (34/3), Martin (10/1), Tate (11/3), Hunter (6/1), F. Jones (3/1)
WR= Green (21/3), Harvin (27/3), Maclin (33/3), Bowe (23/1) Thomas (11/3), Quick (5/1), Hill (10/1)

12 Team, non-PPR, All TDs 6, QB, 2 RB, 4 WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, DEF, K, 20 man rosters, cut to 14 for Rookie/FA Draft

WZA
All Pro
All Pro

Postby WZA » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:51 am

TheOracle wrote:
WZA wrote:
TheOracle wrote: +1.

Do you really think the depth chart for the field goal team goes two deep? And since when do extra points present an injury risk? Honestly, if you want to criticize the Patriots for having Brady throw the ball with a huge lead, that's fine. But are you really expecting any NFL coach to monitor who goes out to block for the extra point? Really?

This isn't even remotely similar to the Welker situation either. That was the "do you play or rest your starters with nothing to play for in Week 17" debate which is a perfectly legitimate conversation to have. That's totally different from "should you randomly remove guys from the extra point team because there's a 0.001 chance of an injury." Not even close with this comment.
Well, you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. It is the same argument. The game was out of hand and BB should have had all his starters on the bench. I don't care if it's an extra point or not. Do you really need Gronk's superior blocking abilities when you're crushing a team by multiple TDs with a few minutes to play?

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:35 am

I could not agree with WZA more. I think it is completely short sighted to actually think that it is far fetched to NOT have a kickoff, kickoff return, xpoint, etc depth chart in order. NO way in HELL should a superstar at any position be on that field for any reason what so ever. NOWAY!

AND.... the special teams coach better have this type of thing in line or he is simply not doing his job. As far as % chance of getting hurt goes... There is a chance on every single play of every single game hence why risk it on an xpoint when the game is a complete blow out.

Seriously, how can someone actually stand up and defend this and act as if is even close to rationle?

In my opinion, someone on the pats team should get repremanded at a high level, B.B. should evlauate his approach to the usage of his talent as this is bound to happen again. History does teach us things if we take the blinders off.

:wall:

TheOracle
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby TheOracle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:20 pm

JFever wrote:I could not agree with WZA more. I think it is completely short sighted to actually think that it is far fetched to NOT have a kickoff, kickoff return, xpoint, etc depth chart in order. NO way in HELL should a superstar at any position be on that field for any reason what so ever. NOWAY!

AND.... the special teams coach better have this type of thing in line or he is simply not doing his job. As far as % chance of getting hurt goes... There is a chance on every single play of every single game hence why risk it on an xpoint when the game is a complete blow out.

Seriously, how can someone actually stand up and defend this and act as if is even close to rationle?

In my opinion, someone on the pats team should get repremanded at a high level, B.B. should evlauate his approach to the usage of his talent as this is bound to happen again. History does teach us things if we take the blinders off.

:wall:
I'll bet you $1000 no significant player gets significantly injured on a meaningless extra point in a blowout ever again. Were you guys even following football in 2001? Does nobody remember that the first thing people started making a big deal about with BB was that he played starters on special teams to build a sense of team? Or are we just going with post illegal video taping Belichick, who is pure evil and lives only to run the score up on people?