Fournette - what to do with him

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Re: Leonard Fournette Heat check

Postby _yeti » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:48 pm

Here's the deal, even if you want to sell, now is the WORST time to sell. Everyone is low on him or relatively low even if they like him. He's either a buy or a hold. If you want to sell you need to wait until it's the season and he has a few big games and is healthy. Then people will be wanting the production.
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:58 pm

It is very hard to gauge Fournette’s value without the dreaded word....,

If

I like his upside
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Lssd2012
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Lssd2012 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:45 pm

The issue with fournette is not only his health but he's also not very good. He's had 4 straight years worth of injuries now and he's far removed from the playmaking he showed his sophomore year in college. Other than long, 70+ runs, he really hasn't flashed elite playmaking ability in the NFL in terms of being elusive (below average in evaded tackles or juke rate) or being able to break tackles. He has long speed still but the idea that he is this tackle-breaking machine just isn't true anymore, he's not the same back as he was when he was a LSU sophomore.

Could he potentially regain form? Maybe...but my gut tells me the 4 years worth of injuries since his beastly year has had potentially permanent effects on his ability and he may have indeed peaked in his abilities already. At this point, he's fantasy value is purely driven by volume which will likely change if he continues to play the way he has so far, assuming he can even stay healthy.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:33 pm

_yeti wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:48 pm Here's the deal, even if you want to sell, now is the WORST time to sell. Everyone is low on him or relatively low even if they like him. He's either a buy or a hold. If you want to sell you need to wait until it's the season and he has a few big games and is healthy. Then people will be wanting the production.
I concur for the most part. The only exceptions I could think of would be lateral moves if you feel like you're getting the safer asset and the other owner feels Fournette will rebound. Or guys like Leveon Bell or David Johnson that have equally beaten down stock in certain quarters.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:50 pm

Lssd2012 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:45 pm The issue with fournette is not only his health but he's also not very good. He's had 4 straight years worth of injuries now and he's far removed from the playmaking he showed his sophomore year in college. Other than long, 70+ runs, he really hasn't flashed elite playmaking ability in the NFL in terms of being elusive (below average in evaded tackles or juke rate) or being able to break tackles. He has long speed still but the idea that he is this tackle-breaking machine just isn't true anymore, he's not the same back as he was when he was a LSU sophomore.

Could he potentially regain form? Maybe...but my gut tells me the 4 years worth of injuries since his beastly year has had potentially permanent effects on his ability and he may have indeed peaked in his abilities already. At this point, he's fantasy value is purely driven by volume which will likely change if he continues to play the way he has so far, assuming he can even stay healthy.
EXACTLY.

I see all these people saying his talent is undeniable and all he has to do is stay healthy, etc. I want those folks to go look at his NFL highlight tapes and find more than 2 or 3 plays that were more than him just getting what was there and falling over.

As I mentioned a page earlier I went all in on him after being a big fan in college, so I've watched his entire NFL career. He's not elusive but that wasn't unexpected. The problem is that he's not powerful. He's a huge beast of a man but he doesn't break tackles and doesn't really fall forward much either. I don't know how such a big scary dude can go down so easily, but he does.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:46 pm

Relevant players with their Run blocking efficiency's.

Here's the full list with their YPC. I was too lazy to go edit it like I did the first one with only relevant players. But as you can see, when you get into run blocking efficiency of about below 60, most of the players have a sub 4.0 YPC. Maybe a healthy Fournette overcomes this to put up a respectable YPC, but we'll never know for sure.

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:09 pm

As others have said, you can’t judge his performance when healthy too harshly due to a horrible overall offense, a non-threat passing game, and terrible run blocking. I’ve personally been impressed with what he could conjure given his circumstances in most of his games. However, the injury history is very concerning. He needs a healthy year to rehab his value and possibly save his career trajectory
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:56 pm

_yeti wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:48 pm Here's the deal, even if you want to sell, now is the WORST time to sell. Everyone is low on him or relatively low even if they like him. He's either a buy or a hold. If you want to sell you need to wait until it's the season and he has a few big games and is healthy. Then people will be wanting the production.
Facts.

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:38 pm

Jason3123 wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:56 pm
Facts.
If Fournette comes out and gets dinged again or struggles out of the gate his value is going to absolutely bottom out.

Heck his value is already as low as it is because of his struggles at the end of last season, when he was healthy. The idea that his value can only go up is silly.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

GregOfTheDead
Role Player
Role Player

Postby GregOfTheDead » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:33 am

Personally, I think he is a great buy low at the moment. But ideally for a team that already has two reliable RB starters, which probably eliminates many teams. When leo inevitably misses some time, you are hopefully covered. If you are entirely reliant on him as one of your top 2 RB's, I would avoid. IMO

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:14 pm

Heat level is 2 stars in grand theft auto

Just got arrested for speeding and knowingly driving on a suspended license

Not the smartest thing to do when on thin ice with the franchise as is

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/nfl/jag ... ed-license
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

Johnny Canuck
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Johnny Canuck » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:22 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:14 pm Heat level is 2 stars in grand theft auto

Just got arrested for speeding and knowingly driving on a suspended license

Not the smartest thing to do when on thin ice with the franchise as is

https://www.news4jax.com/sports/nfl/jag ... ed-license
Hmmmmm maybe he's hoping they'll cut him and he can go to a new team? :think:

jordanzs
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jordanzs » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:23 pm

Because Uber is too expensive for an NFL rookie contract.....

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:25 pm

Looks like the heat is all over Fournette. :roll:

At least this shouldn't cause him too much trouble with the league. Though I do wonder why his license was suspended in the first place?
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Jacob
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Jacob » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:35 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:25 pm Looks like the heat is all over Fournette. :roll:

At least this shouldn't cause him too much trouble with the league. Though I do wonder why his license was suspended in the first place?
I believe it was for failing to appear in court over another driving incident.