Early Birds Special: Draft Results

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
User avatar
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 8708
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:32 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Inspired by GEDL: The Early Bird Special

Postby ArrylT » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:23 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:20 am
Okay. I'm gonna have to see some of your existing leagues, references from two commissioners as well as a letter of credit from your financial institution.
The 2 commissioners should be no problem but I hear you're having issues receiving notes of tender from the Banque du Turco.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..


User avatar
MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3513
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 10:59 pm
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Re: Inspired by GEDL: The Early Bird Special

Postby MrUbuto » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:58 am

In.. I think
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17050
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Inspired by GEDL: The Early Bird Special

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:33 pm

Congrats to BigBawseRoss. It was a great ride, but in the end, losing Carson, Penny, Evans, Stafford and Cook was too much to overcome that very well put together team of yours. Fun season all, look forward to next year.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17050
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Early Birds Special: Draft Results

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:01 pm

So our league, inspired by the GEDL format of drafting rookies pre NFL draft, has been waiting to post our draft results. We needed to wait until the GEDL was finished, out of respect, and as not to possibly influence it in any way, or draw attention away from it. It' is a 16 team Superflex, with 10 starters.

Our league in comprised of long time DLF forum members, so the competition and trash talk is fierce! :lol:

Anyway, here are the results.

https://www55.myfantasyleague.com/2020/ ... 36721&O=17

I'll post Round 1 here.

1. Tua Tagovailoa QB Cult of Dionysus

2. Joe Burrow QB ToddFarthouse

3. Jonathon Taylor RB djeternal2

4. D'Andre Swift RB Robbie80Robbie

5. J.K. Dobbins RB AZK

6. Justin Herbert QB Ice

7. Cam Akers RB djeternal2

8 .Jerry Jeudy WR Robbie80Robbie

9. Ceedee Lamb WR ToddFarthouse

10. Clyde Edwards-Helaire RB Cult of Dionysus

11. Justin Jefferson WR Friction

12. Denzel Mims WR FantasyFreak

13. Jaelen Reagor WR Friction

14. Henry Ruggs WR ToddFarthouse

15. Jordan Love QB Vixen

16. Jalen Hurts QB Pet_Smith Tractors

User avatar
DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3610
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:06 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Early Birds Special: Draft Results

Postby DJB » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:49 pm

Tua over Burrow and Ruggs falling as far as he did stick out as interesting.

Are WR devalued or RB more valued? Just with Jeudy and Lamb were they are
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

User avatar
Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Posts: 4570
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:32 pm

Re: Early Birds Special: Draft Results

Postby Bot101 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:55 pm

Was very fun gents. Especially watching all the talent disappear before my late 2nd pick :lol:

I feel like I left the draft with team "home run or strike out" type of upside. I tried trading up after seeing Freak trade into the 1st for Mims. So ending up with Pittman Jr felt like an ok consolation prize. Gibson, Evans, Claypool and Duvernay all feel like my "home run or strike out" players. Which I'm fine with considering how late I took them.

djeternal2
Captain
Captain
Posts: 973
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:52 am

Re: Early Birds Special: Draft Results

Postby djeternal2 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:08 pm

DJB wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:49 pm
Tua over Burrow and Ruggs falling as far as he did stick out as interesting.

Are WR devalued or RB more valued? Just with Jeudy and Lamb were they are
I can only speak for my own draft/team I was very RB needy as you can see by my sig (3rd team listed). I ended up with the 1.02 from a startup draft trade from last year and had 1.07 which I earned. I was pretty dead set on taking Taylor at 1.02 but a few days before the draft I got an offer to move back to 1.03 and pick up the 2.02 which ended up being Shenault. Took the chance hoping my guy would still be there at 1.03 and glad it worked out. I had fears that from 1.03-1.06 would be RB based on the team needs for those owners but was pleasantly surprised Herbert went at 1.06.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

User avatar
DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3610
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:06 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Early Birds Special: Draft Results

Postby DJB » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:19 pm

djeternal2 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:08 pm
DJB wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:49 pm
Tua over Burrow and Ruggs falling as far as he did stick out as interesting.

Are WR devalued or RB more valued? Just with Jeudy and Lamb were they are
I can only speak for my own draft/team I was very RB needy as you can see by my sig (3rd team listed). I ended up with the 1.02 from a startup draft trade from last year and had 1.07 which I earned. I was pretty dead set on taking Taylor at 1.02 but a few days before the draft I got an offer to move back to 1.03 and pick up the 2.02 which ended up being Shenault. Took the chance hoping my guy would still be there at 1.03 and glad it worked out. I had fears that from 1.03-1.06 would be RB based on the team needs for those owners but was pleasantly surprised Herbert went at 1.06.
Hey thanks for the info!

I think you maneuvered yourself really well and getting the guys you wanted worked out for you.

Is there a link to everyone's roster and league scoring system? Always adds context when I evaluate everyone's draft picks.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

djeternal2
Captain
Captain
Posts: 973
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:52 am

Re: Early Birds Special: Draft Results

Postby djeternal2 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:25 pm

DJB wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:19 pm
djeternal2 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:08 pm
DJB wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:49 pm
Tua over Burrow and Ruggs falling as far as he did stick out as interesting.

Are WR devalued or RB more valued? Just with Jeudy and Lamb were they are
I can only speak for my own draft/team I was very RB needy as you can see by my sig (3rd team listed). I ended up with the 1.02 from a startup draft trade from last year and had 1.07 which I earned. I was pretty dead set on taking Taylor at 1.02 but a few days before the draft I got an offer to move back to 1.03 and pick up the 2.02 which ended up being Shenault. Took the chance hoping my guy would still be there at 1.03 and glad it worked out. I had fears that from 1.03-1.06 would be RB based on the team needs for those owners but was pleasantly surprised Herbert went at 1.06.
Hey thanks for the info!

I think you maneuvered yourself really well and getting the guys you wanted worked out for you.

Is there a link to everyone's roster and league scoring system? Always adds context when I evaluate everyone's draft picks.
You should be able to see scoring & rosters by following the link in the first post.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

User avatar
DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3610
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:06 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Early Birds Special: Draft Results

Postby DJB » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:33 pm

djeternal2 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:25 pm
DJB wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:19 pm
djeternal2 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:08 pm


I can only speak for my own draft/team I was very RB needy as you can see by my sig (3rd team listed). I ended up with the 1.02 from a startup draft trade from last year and had 1.07 which I earned. I was pretty dead set on taking Taylor at 1.02 but a few days before the draft I got an offer to move back to 1.03 and pick up the 2.02 which ended up being Shenault. Took the chance hoping my guy would still be there at 1.03 and glad it worked out. I had fears that from 1.03-1.06 would be RB based on the team needs for those owners but was pleasantly surprised Herbert went at 1.06.
Hey thanks for the info!

I think you maneuvered yourself really well and getting the guys you wanted worked out for you.

Is there a link to everyone's roster and league scoring system? Always adds context when I evaluate everyone's draft picks.
You should be able to see scoring & rosters by following the link in the first post.
I'm aware of MFL but have never used it so just trying to find my bearings lol
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

ToddFarthouse
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 11:44 am

Re: Early Birds Special: Draft Results

Postby ToddFarthouse » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:36 pm

I was originally holding the 1.3, 1.9, 2.2, 2.3 and later rd picks.

1.2(Burrow)-I was very close to making a deal to move back to 1.6 before the draft started but I decided to throw a feeler out to the 1.2 owner. Gave 1.3 and 2.2 to move up one spot, which assured me Tua or Burrow. Turns out 1.2 was never planning to take a QB, but it saved me from dropping back and then watching Burrow fall to my original spot. I was more than ok with that price, especially since I had hoped to draft Hurts at 2.2 and he was selected two picks earlier.

1.9(Lamb)-I was beyond ecstatic to see Lamb still available to me at 9. I think he can be an awesome player for a long time. Really was my best case scenario when I was playing out the draft order in my head. Taylor, Dobbins and Swift were always going to go before 9. I thought Jeudy and Lamb would as well, I really only expected to maybe get a shot at Akers if everything fell just right and I would have smashed that button. Would have also been perfectly happy with Raegor, he was my wr2 behind Lamb.

1.14(Ruggs)-I didn’t originally own this pick but Started trying to get back in the 1.11-1.14 range once I saw Raegor and Ruggs would be there. I was close to sending my first next year to get Raegor, but I quickly shook off the rookie fever because my team is pure trash and I’ll be a top 5 pick again next season. I ended up trading Calvin Ridley(ok maybe didn’t shake all the rookie fever off) for 1.14 and 2.16 to get Ruggs, I think he was the last guy left that could truly be a WR1. Ridley is a very nice player but I don’t see the same ceiling for him.

2.3(Bryan Edwards)- love him, and he has all the numbers I like to see in a young prospect. He could really make me eat it on this deal but I was immediately offered a 21 first and 2.15 for him. I had to do that for my team.

2.15- I traded this pick to get a 2nd and 3rd next season, felt like the value was right considering the players left on the board.

2.16(Joshua Kelly)-Ciuld he find his way into a starting role? A lot would have to fall the right way in the draft and then likely needs an injury to someone in front of him. But once he gets on the field he can be the type of guy that doesn’t give the ball back.

3.6(Lamical Perine)-The last guy I really wanted to land. I think he is a very underrated back. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him steal a starting role towards the end of the year. Thought about taking him at 2.16 but between him and Kelly’s ADP I’d have a better shot of landing Perine in the mid to late 3rd.

5.3(Darnell Mooney)-super sleeper pick, just throwing darts. Heard a few good things about him and he seems to be getting some love from NFL scouts.

Left the draft with:

Burrow
Lamb
Ruggs
Kelly
Perine
Mooney
‘21 1st, 2nd and 3rd

Pretty excited.
Team 1
12 team Dynasty

Qb- Rodgers, Ryan, Rivers
Rb- Kamara, Chubb, Conner, Ingram, AP, Duke, Gio
Wr- Evans, Hopkins, Golladay, TY, AB, A. Wilson
Te- Olsen, Rudolph, Hollister

Team 2
12 team Dynasty

Qb- L. Jackson, Brady, Carr
Rb- Barkley, Kamara, Chubb, Guice, Breida
Wr- Adams, Evans, JuJu, Jeffery, Metcalf, Campbell
Te- Andrews, Goedert, Fant, Smith jr.

AussieMate
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1997
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Early Birds Special: Draft Results

Postby AussieMate » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:58 pm

ToddFarthouse wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:36 pm
I was originally holding the 1.3, 1.9, 2.2, 2.3 and later rd picks.

1.2(Burrow)-I was very close to making a deal to move back to 1.6 before the draft started but I decided to throw a feeler out to the 1.2 owner. Gave 1.3 and 2.2 to move up one spot, which assured me Tua or Burrow. Turns out 1.2 was never planning to take a QB, but it saved me from dropping back and then watching Burrow fall to my original spot. I was more than ok with that price, especially since I had hoped to draft Hurts at 2.2 and he was selected two picks earlier.

1.9(Lamb)-I was beyond ecstatic to see Lamb still available to me at 9. I think he can be an awesome player for a long time. Really was my best case scenario when I was playing out the draft order in my head. Taylor, Dobbins and Swift were always going to go before 9. I thought Jeudy and Lamb would as well, I really only expected to maybe get a shot at Akers if everything fell just right and I would have smashed that button. Would have also been perfectly happy with Raegor, he was my wr2 behind Lamb.

1.14(Ruggs)-I didn’t originally own this pick but Started trying to get back in the 1.11-1.14 range once I saw Raegor and Ruggs would be there. I was close to sending my first next year to get Raegor, but I quickly shook off the rookie fever because my team is pure trash and I’ll be a top 5 pick again next season. I ended up trading Calvin Ridley(ok maybe didn’t shake all the rookie fever off) for 1.14 and 2.16 to get Ruggs, I think he was the last guy left that could truly be a WR1. Ridley is a very nice player but I don’t see the same ceiling for him.

2.3(Bryan Edwards)- love him, and he has all the numbers I like to see in a young prospect. He could really make me eat it on this deal but I was immediately offered a 21 first and 2.15 for him. I had to do that for my team.

2.15- I traded this pick to get a 2nd and 3rd next season, felt like the value was right considering the players left on the board.

2.16(Joshua Kelly)-Ciuld he find his way into a starting role? A lot would have to fall the right way in the draft and then likely needs an injury to someone in front of him. But once he gets on the field he can be the type of guy that doesn’t give the ball back.

3.6(Lamical Perine)-The last guy I really wanted to land. I think he is a very underrated back. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him steal a starting role towards the end of the year. Thought about taking him at 2.16 but between him and Kelly’s ADP I’d have a better shot of landing Perine in the mid to late 3rd.

5.3(Darnell Mooney)-super sleeper pick, just throwing darts. Heard a few good things about him and he seems to be getting some love from NFL scouts.

Left the draft with:

Burrow
Lamb
Ruggs
Kelly
Perine
Mooney
‘21 1st, 2nd and 3rd

Pretty excited.
I like most of your moves here, I too have Lamb 1 Reagor 2 (man if you came out with Burrow Lamb and Reagor that would have been a dream).
I also really like Edwards but that was a great trade for a rebuilding team like yours.

User avatar
DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame
Posts: 3610
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:06 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Early Birds Special: Draft Results

Postby DJB » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:58 pm

Todd I thought you crushed the draft honestly. 16 team SFX I thought QB would be more highly coveted and you still got Burrow by beginning the draft at 1.03. Plus you grabbed Lamb and Ruggs. I'm also big fans of Kelly and Perine as well. Have them just around RB 8-10 area

Outstanding

I also really liked Vixens draft. Love at 15 is great value and picked up Aiyuk and Moss later than I thought they would go
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

vixen
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7277
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:36 pm

Re: Early Birds Special: Draft Results

Postby vixen » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:18 pm

ToddFarthouse wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:36 pm


1.14(Ruggs)-I didn’t originally own this pick but Started trying to get back in the 1.11-1.14 range once I saw Raegor and Ruggs would be there. I was close to sending my first next year to get Raegor, but I quickly shook off the rookie fever because my team is pure trash and I’ll be a top 5 pick again next season. I ended up trading Calvin Ridley(ok maybe didn’t shake all the rookie fever off) for 1.14 and 2.16 to get Ruggs, I think he was the last guy left that could truly be a WR1. Ridley is a very nice player but I don’t see the same ceiling for him.


2.16(Joshua Kelly)-Ciuld he find his way into a starting role? A lot would have to fall the right way in the draft and then likely needs an injury to someone in front of him. But once he gets on the field he can be the type of guy that doesn’t give the ball back.


so he forgot to mention that he also gave pick 3.07 in the Ridley deal..
I used that to draft Cephus.. a little early perhaps.. but these guys kept sniping me.. it was my first early bird draft.. and every time I thought I had a sneaky pick.. he was taken before my pick.. anyway, I think Cephus can be good, if he stops being a turd off the field.. a big IF
team 1 -start QB RB 2WR TE 2RB/WR 1WR/TE
qbs=5pt tds wr/te=1 ppr rbs=.5ppr all get .25ppc
mahomes, Dan Jones
kamara, mack, lindsay,Love, Pollard
antonio, AJG, thielen, sutton, kirk, Hurd, JJAW, Slayton, Gage
Hooper, Herndon
team 2 -start QB 2RB 3WR TE 2Flex K D
Cousins, Jimmy GQ, Brissett
DHenry, DJ, DFreeman, McKinnon, Darwin Thompson, CEH, JT/Mack
Hopkins, Diggs, Adams, Sutton,Jo Brown, Boyd, ]JJAW, Harmon, Preston Williams, Coulter, Collin Johnson
Andrews, Herndon, Fant, Albert O
team 3-superflex/TE premium 1-2QB 1-6RB 2-7WR 1-6TE (10 total)
R/W=.2ppc/1ppr/.25pt per target TE=1.5ppr/.35per target/.15per yd
also .1pt per return yd/.05 per attempt
Josh Allen,Jones, Love
Cook, Chubb, Sanders, Swift, Vaughn, Latavius
Lockett, Kupp, Jo Brown, Slayton, Preston Williams, Isabella, Hurd, Funchess, Edwards, Collin Johnson
Andrews, Herndon/Griffin, I Thomas, Fant, Moreau, Parham, Asiasi, Gronk


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Farley, tresskid84 and 9 guests