Thoughts on Rashaad Penny?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What's wrong with Penny?

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:46 am

steelman wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:41 am
Ray Finkle wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:49 pm Torn ACL plus additional damage to the knee...sucks. Can’t imagine he’ll have much of an impact in early 2020.
Kind of feels like 2020 will be a write off for him now.
Had hopes for Guice and Penny in my lineup next year. Back to square one
I think he could be relevant the 2nd half. Maybe PUP or IR to start the year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:54 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:46 am
Ray Finkle wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:49 pm Torn ACL plus additional damage to the knee...sucks. Can’t imagine he’ll have much of an impact in early 2020.
Not counting on him until the last quarter of the season, could be a blessing in disguise though. Imagine Penny not being rushed back because Carson is obviously good enough to do it on his own, then as we reach playoffs and the hawks push for #1 seed Penny comes back healthy and fresh while keeping his incredible speed, plus he has a tonne of time to study the playbook now. The hawks ride Penny and give Carson a break to rest up for the playoffs, 20-30 points each week from healthy fresh Penny running circles around banged up defenses... A boy can dream of the best case scenario

Worst case Penny falls into bad habits, gets fat, loses his speed, and follows the last couple of year of Lacy's career path
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

joeya2001
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby joeya2001 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:55 am

The problem with Penny is he isn't worth a dime!
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR 1TE, Super Flex, 2 Flex Spots. 10 Team Dynasty PPR

2016 Champs 2019 Runner up 2020 Champs

QB- Lamar Jackson, Jordan Love
RB- Alvin Kamara, AJ Dillion
WR- Christian Kirk, Michael Pittman, Aiyuk, Alec Pierce, DJ Chare, Terrace Marshall, Metchie,
TE- George Kittle, Darren Waller, Greg Dortch.

Team 2 10 Team 1 QB 2 RB 3 WR 1 TE 2 Flex 2 SF

2020 3rd place Year 1
(This is a rebuild team selling vets)
QB Joe Burrow, Kenny Pickett, Geno,
RB AJ Dillon, Josh Jacobs, Tony Pollard,
WR Tee Higgins, Sutton, HollywoodTerry McLaurin, DJM, Ju-Ju, Hodgins,
TE Hock, Andrews, Kyle Pitts, Otton, Ertz
Picks
2023 4 1st 5 2nd
2024 3rd
“Not good enough to count on as a starter, but too good to drop, so they clog my bench.” dlf_mikeh

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:59 am

nathanq42 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:54 am
FantasyFreak wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:46 am

Not counting on him until the last quarter of the season, could be a blessing in disguise though. Imagine Penny not being rushed back because Carson is obviously good enough to do it on his own, then as we reach playoffs and the hawks push for #1 seed Penny comes back healthy and fresh while keeping his incredible speed, plus he has a tonne of time to study the playbook now. The hawks ride Penny and give Carson a break to rest up for the playoffs, 20-30 points each week from healthy fresh Penny running circles around banged up defenses... A boy can dream of the best case scenario

Worst case Penny falls into bad habits, gets fat, loses his speed, and follows the last couple of year of Lacy's career path
Penny was pretty fresh this year, so it may look like the last few games if that happens. He even looked good on the play he got hurt on. ACL's aren't a death blow, and look what Kupp did despite hurting himself later in the year (not as late a Penny, but still).

I do hope they don't rush him back, though. I'd like to see him miss the first 6-8 games, and get in after that, and ramp up to the last quarter of the year or so, like you said. I think Penny knows his career path is at stake in this rehab, and hopefully he uses his performance recently as motivation. He was on the right track, hiring a nutritionist etc. this year, so I expect that to continue during his rehab. I think he's seen what it takes, and hopefully he's hungry (no pun intended) to get back out there and perform at that high level again. Penny could be a league winner in redraft next year, as a WW pick up, no doubt.

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Same, both were starting to look good - enjoyed watching them play this yer.

Not as concerned about Guice, but Penny looks like a wasted dynasty roster spot next year.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:59 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Not as concerned about Guice, but Penny looks like a wasted dynasty roster spot next year.
Wait you're not as concerned about the guy that has been on the IR 3x in his first 2 years all for knee injuries but more concerned about the guy that hit the IR for the first time since coming into the league? :wall: :wall: :wall:
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:02 pm

djeternal2 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Wait you're not as concerned about the guy that has been on the IR 3x in his first 2 years all for knee injuries but more concerned about the guy that hit the IR for the first time since coming into the league? :wall: :wall: :wall:
Eh, maybe you're right - I was more talking about how this last injury for Guice was nowhere near as devastating as Penny's. Guice will be back to full strength way before Penny.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:06 pm

DLF3000 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 4:02 pm
djeternal2 wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:59 pm

Eh, maybe you're right - I was more talking about how this last injury for Guice was nowhere near as devastating as Penny's. Guice will be back to full strength way before Penny.
I bet Guice suffers a 4th injury before Penny gets healthy

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:55 pm

I think he has an ACL injury
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:11 am

It's a shame to see Penny go down as we could make the argument that he was catching up with Carson OR really making a name for himself in that offense.

Now, Penny is going to gain 500lbs like White Goodman as he recovers.

Easy Breesy
Captain
Captain

Thoughts on Rashaad Penny?

Postby Easy Breesy » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:04 pm

What do you guys think about Penny and his future in the NFL? Do you think he bounces back and lives up to his 1st round status? Or is he likely to be a constantly injured back?
16 team Tiered PPR league, TE Premium, 52 man roster, 2 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1W/R, 1TE/W, Full IDP
QB- Russ, Justin Herbert
RB- Antonio Gibson Ty Johnson, David Johnson Lat Murray
WR- Davante Adams, Allen Robinson, DJ Moore, Cordarelle Patterson,
TE- Hockeson, , Jonnu Smith, Firkser, Logan Thomas

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Thoughts on Rashaad Penny?

Postby MrUbuto » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:19 pm

Hes looked great when fed the ball and not injured.

I think he is a great buy low candidate
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:26 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:19 pm Hes looked great when fed the ball and not injured.

I think he is a great buy low candidate
Agreed. He was breaking out. He looked super explosive, and looked like things had clicked for him after that big jump from a small school to the NFL. I would not expect anything the first half of the year, but towards the back half, he could be back to where he was.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:34 pm

Ive always liked him, but I feel like he's going to be another guy who never put it together for one reason or another (injuries, rbbc). I'm still holding off course but expectations are low

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:45 am

A zone back drafted into a power system. I never liked it from day one. They forced him to put more weight on his frame and learn power, he came away with an injury instead. I feel bad for the kid.

Could you imagine if the Seahawks were the ones to draft JT? I thought about this the other day and it makes sense. He'd fit the system perfectly and would DOMINATE with this team. Then the Seahawks could trade Penny and roll with RBBC (Carson) for a bit before making JT full time.

I'm dreaming though.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134