Thoughts on Rashaad Penny?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jetsfan06
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Re: Thoughts on Rashaad Penny?

Postby Jetsfan06 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:49 pm

Honestly after drafting him in the first and holding for four years, I may just see this thing through and hold him. If someone offers me a 1st I’ll take it, but I doubt I can draft an RB as talented as penny in the second so I (perhaps foolishly) am gonna hold him and see what happens. Wish me luck.

QB's - Dak Prescott, Matthew Stafford, Brock Purdy, Mac Jones
RB's - Ken Walker, Javonte Williams, James Conner, James Cook, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Kenneth Gainwell, Rico Dowdle, Rashaad Penny
WR's - Amon-ra St Brown, DK Metcalf, Diontae Johnson, Gave Davis, Joshua Palmer, Curtis Samuel, Michael Wilson, Marvin Mims, Rashod Bateman, Dontayvion Wicks.
TE's - George Kittle, Dalton Schultz, Isaiah Likely, Juwan Johnson
Taxi: Demario Douglas, Cedric Tillman, David Bell.

Hankybro21
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hankybro21 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:02 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:38 pm
DynastyDrum30 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:09 pm As an owner who drafted him and suffered through years of his roster-clogging hell, I don’t know what to think of this. Part of me feels that I have to hold him, the other part says cash out now before he hurts himself again.
Tell me about it... I'm so absolutely torn. With my luck he will stink it up if I keep him and turn into a God if I move him. I might just throw low ball offers out for solid WRs and see if anyone bites
Yea I’m gonna do the same. Go after some WRs or 2023 pick(s). If not I’ll just hold and see what happens. I grabbed him off waivers after his week 14 breakout so I’m playing with house money here.
Team 1
Q: Allen, Lamar
W: Devonta, Nuk, Godwin, Adams, Diontae, MT, Bateman, Toney, Osborn
R: JT, Henry, Ekeler, Gibbs, Mattison, Ford
T: Kelce

Team 2
Q: Allen, Mahomes, ARich
W: Jefferson, AJB, Tyreek, GW, Ridley, Godwin, MT, Downs, Toney
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, Breece, J. Cook, Kamara
T: Kelce, Hock
2024: 1.02, 1.04, Pick 21
2025: 1st (early)

Team 3
Q: Lamar, Herbert, Goff, Geno
W: Chase, AJB, Waddle, Pittman, Ridley, MT, Terrace Marshall, Downs
R: CMC, Ekeler, Bijan, Barkley, JT, Kamara, Tucker
T: Andrews, Granson
2024: 1.03, 3rd (late)

Team 4
Q: Mahomes, Allen, Geno
W: Tyreek, Lamb, Ridley, Pittman, Diontae, MT
R: CMC, Henry, JT, Chubb, Dobbins, Tucker
T: Kelce, Gesicki, Kittle

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:13 pm

Jetsfan06 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:49 pm Honestly after drafting him in the first and holding for four years, I may just see this thing through and hold him. If someone offers me a 1st I’ll take it, but I doubt I can draft an RB as talented as penny in the second so I (perhaps foolishly) am gonna hold him and see what happens. Wish me luck.
That's what I'm doing.
Unless I get a 1st, I'm seeing this through to the bitter end. Who am I going to get in the 2nd with this high of a ceiling? Chances are whoever I get in the 2nd never even starts for me. I have never had much luck with my 2nd round picks.

If Penny ends up taking up a roster spot, then so be it. When he plays, he will win you games.

CGW
Legend
Legend

Postby CGW » Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:02 am

Ugh. Same boat. A few weeks ago I could have dropped him without a second thought. Now, I don't know. I doubt I'd take any 2nd. I'd jump all over any 1st still, but like others said, no1 is going to offer that.

His upside is tremendous if he stays in Seattle. I guess at minimum, the play will be to see how the contract shakes out. If he goes elsewhere I'll be pushing hard to sell him for a 1st in value (probably for a WR prospect.)

The MAC Machine
Captain
Captain

Postby The MAC Machine » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:09 pm

Im dragging this dead horse back into this conversation because I think many here say a lot of things without knowing what they mean. What kind of production would you expect from a 2nd round pick? Im certain that pick does not have the ceiling of a player that just rushed for 7 ypc in 4 of 5 games (I dont care what defense you're up against - thats some crazy sh*t). However, a player selected in the 2nd would likely share Pennys floor. I dont care about perceived value, give me the potential upside there. Penny is likely a RB3 or 4 or lower on whatever fantasy team he is on. With some retooling that could really become an upperhand going into next year.
The Handle Formerly Known as "The Godwin Complex"
⛳️Jaguars will finish 11-6 and make the playoffs
⛳️If Sam Darnold finishes outside of the top 13 QB in 2021 then StripesOfKC & Sriracha get to decide what my new handle and icon will be. :thumbup:

12 TEAM SUPERFLEX PPR
START: QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 SUPERFLEX
ROSTER STARTERS
QB: S. Darnold (CAR)
RB: J. Jacobs (LV), L. Fournette (TB)
WR: Cooper (DAL), Ridley (ATL), M. Williams (LAC)
TE: R. Seals-Jones (WAS), M. Alie-Cox (IND)
FLEX: Sutton (DEN), J. Smith-Schuster (PIT), D. Harris (NE)
SUPERFLEX: M. Jones (NE)

BENCH:
QB: Rudolph (PIT), Book (NO), Minshew (PHL), Stidham (NE)
RB: Cord. Patterson (ATL), A. Collins (SEA), D. Dallas (SEA), K. Vaughn (TB), JJ Taylor (NE), S. Perine (CIN)
WR: M. Jones (JAX), Zaccheus (ATL), G. Olszewski (NE)
TE: B. Jarwin (DAL), D. Asiasi (NE)
IR: Tre' Q. Smith (NO), Tyrod Taylor (HOU), Chark Jr (JAX), R. Penny (SEA)

lic217
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby lic217 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:26 am

It is so hard to predict this time of the year what he’s going to be. The running back position is completely reliant on the number of touch is a guy receives. There’s probably about 50 running backs in the NFL that could be top 15 fantasy points producing running backs if they were given enough touches. You could also take a guy like Derrick Henry and only give him 15 carries a game and switch him in and out with other running backs and all the sudden he wouldnt be a great fantasy producer. The one exception might be a running back who catches a ton of balls but doesn’t get a ton of handoffs are still being fantasy productive. Running back is just too reliant on touches to successfully predict guys roll in fantasy production for next year at this point in the season. That’s why at this point in the season I’m only gonna be adding running backs if cheap. It is so hard to predict this time of the year what he’s going to be. The running back position is completely reliant on the number of touches is a guy receives. There’s probably about 50 running backs in the NFL that could be top 15 fantasy points producing running backs if they were given enough touches. You could also take a guy like Derrick Henry and only give him 15 carries a game and switch him in and out with other running backs and all the sudden he wouldnt be a great fantasy producer. The one exception might be a running back who catches a ton of balls but doesn’t get a ton of handoffs still being fantasy productive. Running back is just too reliant on touches to successfully predict guys roll in fantasy production for next year at this point in the season. That’s why at this point in the season I’m only gonna be adding running back with extremely cheap prices. Figuring each one is a lottery ticket and could either fall into a great role or because of injuries get into a great role. Look at the end of each year there’s always surprising players that are low in running back ones because guys in front of them get injured and then the only guy left. In general Build with studs at quarterback, wide receiver, tight end and then just have tons of depth at running back including guys that if there’s injuries in front of them will be highly productive. Even average running backs can be great fantasy running backs given enough touches.

Ruggenater
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Ruggenater » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:22 am

lic217 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:26 am It is so hard to predict this time of the year what he’s going to be. The running back position is completely reliant on the number of touch is a guy receives. There’s probably about 50 running backs in the NFL that could be top 15 fantasy points producing running backs if they were given enough touches. You could also take a guy like Derrick Henry and only give him 15 carries a game and switch him in and out with other running backs and all the sudden he wouldnt be a great fantasy producer. The one exception might be a running back who catches a ton of balls but doesn’t get a ton of handoffs are still being fantasy productive. Running back is just too reliant on touches to successfully predict guys roll in fantasy production for next year at this point in the season. That’s why at this point in the season I’m only gonna be adding running backs if cheap. It is so hard to predict this time of the year what he’s going to be. The running back position is completely reliant on the number of touches is a guy receives. There’s probably about 50 running backs in the NFL that could be top 15 fantasy points producing running backs if they were given enough touches. You could also take a guy like Derrick Henry and only give him 15 carries a game and switch him in and out with other running backs and all the sudden he wouldnt be a great fantasy producer. The one exception might be a running back who catches a ton of balls but doesn’t get a ton of handoffs still being fantasy productive. Running back is just too reliant on touches to successfully predict guys roll in fantasy production for next year at this point in the season. That’s why at this point in the season I’m only gonna be adding running back with extremely cheap prices. Figuring each one is a lottery ticket and could either fall into a great role or because of injuries get into a great role. Look at the end of each year there’s always surprising players that are low in running back ones because guys in front of them get injured and then the only guy left. In general Build with studs at quarterback, wide receiver, tight end and then just have tons of depth at running back including guys that if there’s injuries in front of them will be highly productive. Even average running backs can be great fantasy running backs given enough touches.
Is there an echo in here? :lol:

I picked up Penny for free or close to it in 4 of 6 dynasty leagues over the last year. I’ll be looking to see where he lands in March, then probably look to sell prior to the NFL draft if it’s a perceived “good” spot.
12 Team Superflex - PPR, 0.25 PPC - QB/2RB/3WR/TE/Flex/Superflex
QB: L Jackson, Tagovailoa, Rodgers, Pickett, Tannehill
RB: Swift, Pacheco, Sanders, Hubbard, Spears, Dillon, Herbert, McLaughlin, Chandler, Dowdle
WR: DeVonta, Waddle, Aiyuk, Nacua, McLaurin, Hopkins, M Williams, Mingo, Wan’Dale, Hyatt
TE: Kelce, Okonkwo, Schoonmaker

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:42 am

What could have been... Poor scheme fit, poor usage, injuries, the Carson emergence, injuries...

5.7 YPA on 329 career carries (6.0 this year) and a 2nd round rookie waiting to make him irrelevant again.

I still kick myself for not taking Chubb

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:55 am

Jigga94 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:42 am What could have been... Poor scheme fit, poor usage, injuries, the Carson emergence, injuries...

5.7 YPA on 329 career carries (6.0 this year) and a 2nd round rookie waiting to make him irrelevant again.

I think a lot of it was that he wasnt ready for the NFL mentally. Poor diet and work ethic gave rise to poor conditioning and he collected a lot of nagging injuries as a result, and was relegated to a minimal role behind Carson. Now it seems he has his head on straight and the talent is really able to shine.

I watched a cut up of his week 4 carries and man does his speed and ability in space pop off the screen. What is of greater note is that he has terrible "grind", he is basically the antithesis of beastmode when it comes to navigating the LOS and breaking through the noise to get to the second level. If he gets day light he is gone for 10+ pretty easily, but he will never have a beastquake type of run. I hope SEA takes note of this and opt to get him out in space on pitches/draws/targets in the flat or Texas routes. Going to need a better more modern OC/HC but at 5.7 ypc over his career in a stone aged offense he has been very efficient, but that seems to be on the back of ripping off long runs more frequently than most instead of a consistent high ypc that keeps drives alive and helps an offense march down the field.
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:07 am

nathanq42 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:55 am
Jigga94 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:42 am What could have been... Poor scheme fit, poor usage, injuries, the Carson emergence, injuries...

I think a lot of it was that he wasnt ready for the NFL mentally. Poor diet and work ethic gave rise to poor conditioning and he collected a lot of nagging injuries as a result, and was relegated to a minimal role behind Carson. Now it seems he has his head on straight and the talent is really able to shine.

I watched a cut up of his week 4 carries and man does his speed and ability in space pop off the screen. What is of greater note is that he has terrible "grind", he is basically the antithesis of beastmode when it comes to navigating the LOS and breaking through the noise to get to the second level. If he gets day light he is gone for 10+ pretty easily, but he will never have a beastquake type of run. I hope SEA takes note of this and opt to get him out in space on pitches/draws/targets in the flat or Texas routes. Going to need a better more modern OC/HC but at 5.7 ypc over his career in a stone aged offense he has been very efficient, but that seems to be on the back of ripping off long runs more frequently than most instead of a consistent high ypc that keeps drives alive and helps an offense march down the field.
Definitely agree regarding his YPC, big play ability and the natural talent

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:40 pm

It is so hard to predict this time of the year what he’s going to be. The running back position is completely reliant on the number of touch is a guy receives. There’s probably about 50 running backs in the NFL that could be top 15 fantasy points producing running backs if they were given enough touches. You could also take a guy like Derrick Henry and only give him 15 carries a game and switch him in and out with other running backs and all the sudden he wouldnt be a great fantasy producer. The one exception might be a running back who catches a ton of balls but doesn’t get a ton of handoffs are still being fantasy productive. Running back is just too reliant on touches to successfully predict guys roll in fantasy production for next year at this point in the season. That’s why at this point in the season I’m only gonna be adding running backs if cheap.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:48 pm

Jetsfan06 wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:49 pm Honestly after drafting him in the first and holding for four years, I may just see this thing through and hold him. If someone offers me a 1st I’ll take it, but I doubt I can draft an RB as talented as penny in the second so I (perhaps foolishly) am gonna hold him and see what happens. Wish me luck.
Honestly, if you can't get a 1st this year from an RB-desperate playoff contender, then I think you'll never get one.

- He turns 27 in February. Unless there's history of being elite, it's notoriously difficult to trade an RB in this age range for a first.
- Free agent in 2023. Does he end up in a timeshare? Who knows.
- Injury history
- There's a strong RB class coming in that's going to push his ADP down

If I'm rebuilding or a non-playoff contender, I'd just take the 2nd. If I'm competing, then I'll just hope he helps win me something.
Last edited by Cameron Giles on Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:50 pm

I always liked Chubb more, and boosted Penny over him after the draft. :doh:

Still liked Penny, and his talent has shown. That knee injury took away what could have been. He was just breaking out, and it took almost 2 years for him to get back to where he was going.....that's why I'm so out on guys like Javonte, these days.

At least I was right about one thing. Penny>>>>Guice. :lol: :wink: Had to be there, in the days of the rookie year, but Guice's personality was always a concern for me, and his running style. Was definitely awesome that one year at LSU, those highlights are fun to watch, but didn't think he'd last.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:13 pm

#Seahawks RB Rashaad Penny suffered a fractured tibia, sources say, and he’ll have tests tomorrow to determine associated damage to see if surgery is necessary. As of now, it’s likely. Heart-breaking.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1579213950558023685

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:23 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:13 pm #Seahawks RB Rashaad Penny suffered a fractured tibia, sources say, and he’ll have tests tomorrow to determine associated damage to see if surgery is necessary. As of now, it’s likely. Heart-breaking.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1579213950558023685
This guy just can't catch a break eh? No pun intended
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06