Thoughts on Rashaad Penny?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: What's wrong with Penny?

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:43 pm

ArrylT wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:42 pm Penny was inactive for Week IV again I believe?
Yes

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:12 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:43 pm
ArrylT wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:42 pm Penny was inactive for Week IV again I believe?
Yes
Thanks that is what I thought I heard but was not sure.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:15 pm

TheNuts wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:11 am It sucks to invest in a player and they don't do everyrhing in their power to be at their peak. Just squander away a golden opportunity to make millions. I still think Penny gives this offense a big play threat, but I am a bit nervous that he just doesn't have the drive to hone his craft. If a dude doesn't have the drive to be the best, then they might as well be a ghost on their team
No dog in this fight but I'm curious what this perspective is based on?
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:53 am

Vcize wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:15 pm
TheNuts wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:11 am It sucks to invest in a player and they don't do everyrhing in their power to be at their peak. Just squander away a golden opportunity to make millions. I still think Penny gives this offense a big play threat, but I am a bit nervous that he just doesn't have the drive to hone his craft. If a dude doesn't have the drive to be the best, then they might as well be a ghost on their team
No dog in this fight but I'm curious what this perspective is based on?
I assume it's because he look a tad chunky/not at 5% body fat like most high level skill position players. He still looks lightning fast and has a solid build, I'm hoping he sees some significant work on Thursday so Carson can get a break (short turnaround). Seattle will need some big plays out of a lifeless playbook, penny is much better than Carson for that (but Carson fits the 1950 level play calling Seattle has embraced)
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:29 pm

Nothing the past 2 weeks. :dance: Wish I hadn't traded him away in so many leagues, but I got other players/value I liked. I think he's starting to mature, and they are starting to utilize him properly, the past few weeks.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:34 pm

Maybe I can recoup my 1.06 value soon!! At least I doubled down on him for cheap this off-season.

ColdZealDonkeyStrike
MVP
MVP

Postby ColdZealDonkeyStrike » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:30 am

Carson is so much more nuanced as a runner, but man, Penny's explosiveness just jumps off the screen sometimes. I liked how the Seahawks gave him a lot of off tackle runs and dump offs, and used Carson more for inside running. That suits both players strengths.
Dynasty player since 2002.
I probably should have done something more productive with that time...

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:36 am

Was desperately hoping for a Carson fumble last night, lol.

I have to imagine he played concussed just knowing that Penny could pop-off...even though he pretty much did with Carson back in the game.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:30 am

Servo wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:36 am Was desperately hoping for a Carson fumble last night, lol.

I have to imagine he played concussed just knowing that Penny could pop-off...even though he pretty much did with Carson back in the game.
I don't think he was concussed. He wasn't hit that hard, and if he was, they would not have allowed him to play. If Carson missed the game, he would still be back the next week. He's not going anywhere. Penny is now demanding touches with his play, though. They have a formidable 1/2 punch, and I think this, last night, is what the Hawks envisioned as a best case scenario with Carson and Penny.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

RCS
Role Player
Role Player

Postby RCS » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:50 pm

I was up by 29 and the team I was facing had Carson and Bradley McDougald. I was getting nervous at the end so I am glad Penny got those 2 TD's so I won by only 5.

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:54 pm

If Carson was concussed, the independent neurologist wouldn't have allowed him to return to play. That's not a likely scenario.

What was cool, was on the drive where Carson got the team down to the goal line, he waived himself out so Penny could get the TD. The two are playing together very unselfishly, and that 1-2 punch is really looking solid heading into December. I love it, and can think of a lot worse problems to have than two very competent RB's sharing the load. I guess that's more of a real-life NFL take than a fantasy opinion, but that's a solid backfield.

Penny's problem has been revealed as an immaturity issue basically. He admitted to being a big fan of McDonalds, and not taking his opportunity in the league seriously enough as a rookie. He's since hired a nutritionist, cut out the McDonalds, and is getting leaner and regaining his burst. It looks like the light has gone on for him and he finally "gets it".

As long as he stays the course, nothing is wrong with Penny. He just took a little time to get things right. I think his future looks bright.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:25 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:54 pm If Carson was concussed, the independent neurologist wouldn't have allowed him to return to play. That's not a likely scenario.

What was cool, was on the drive where Carson got the team down to the goal line, he waived himself out so Penny could get the TD. The two are playing together very unselfishly, and that 1-2 punch is really looking solid heading into December. I love it, and can think of a lot worse problems to have than two very competent RB's sharing the load. I guess that's more of a real-life NFL take than a fantasy opinion, but that's a solid backfield.

Penny's problem has been revealed as an immaturity issue basically. He admitted to being a big fan of McDonalds, and not taking his opportunity in the league seriously enough as a rookie. He's since hired a nutritionist, cut out the McDonalds, and is getting leaner and regaining his burst. It looks like the light has gone on for him and he finally "gets it".

As long as he stays the course, nothing is wrong with Penny. He just took a little time to get things right. I think his future looks bright.
I'm sure that has a lot to do with it; but Penny has also matured as a runner. He was very bounce happy as a rookie and earlier this year (he wasn't cutting into the open holes, instead looking for the big play way too often). He seems much more content with getting what he can in recent games; while still having the speed to break off splash plays.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:59 pm

Shoreline Steamers wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:54 pm

I think this is a good take. Since his brother was already in the league, I actually thought it'd be the opposite. He'd come in already knowing whats expected and have a running start.

Here's an interesting stat: When Penny has been given 8 or more carries in a game for his career;
103 Attempts
705 Yards
6.8 YPC

Ray Finkle
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Ray Finkle » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:49 pm

Torn ACL plus additional damage to the knee...sucks. Can’t imagine he’ll have much of an impact in early 2020.

steelman
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby steelman » Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:41 am

Ray Finkle wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:49 pm Torn ACL plus additional damage to the knee...sucks. Can’t imagine he’ll have much of an impact in early 2020.
Kind of feels like 2020 will be a write off for him now.
Had hopes for Guice and Penny in my lineup next year. Back to square one