Thoughts on Rashaad Penny?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dmac37
Role Player
Role Player

Re: Penny

Postby dmac37 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:39 am

The good news is they play again this Thursday. I sure get the feeling that Carson is a ways off from playing, Penny should get at least 1/2 the touches Thursday in a run heavy offense against a Packer team that is easier to run on than pass against.

From the way he looked yesterday and the 1st round investment I think his value gradually increases. Looking forward to Thursday, watching the emerging A. Jones and Penny. Now just need the Ravens to also see the light and let Collins get a bell cow workload rather than splitting time with a useless Buck Allen.
12 Team PPR Scoring:
QB: Purdy, Pickett, Howell, Rodgers
RB: Bijan, Kamara, A. Jones Spears Allgeier, Tucker, Hunt
WR: ARSB, Ridley, Nacua, E. Moore, Hollywood, Addison, Mingo, Mooney,
M. Thomas, Gallup
TE: Hockenson, Ferguson
PK:
DST: Ravens

12 Team Superflex PPR Scoring:
QB: Fields, Tua, Howell, White
RB: J. Taylor, A. Jones, Pierce, Swift , K. Miller, Hunt, Ford,
WR: Pittman, Deebo, Godwin, Ridley, Gabe Davis, E. Moore, Mooney, Toney, Q. Johnson
TE: Ferguson, Okonkwo L. Thomas

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:47 am

No full cut-up is available yet, but here are a few plays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27c8kGRvzXs

I thought he looked pretty good. I didn't realize how heavy he was, though. He looked a little overweight, even yesterday.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:54 am

dmac37 wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:39 am The good news is they play again this Thursday. I sure get the feeling that Carson is a ways off from playing, Penny should get at least 1/2 the touches Thursday in a run heavy offense against a Packer team that is easier to run on than pass against.

From the way he looked yesterday and the 1st round investment I think his value gradually increases. Looking forward to Thursday, watching the emerging A. Jones and Penny. Now just need the Ravens to also see the light and let Collins get a bell cow workload rather than splitting time with a useless Buck Allen.
Im guessing you have Collins, is why you need him to get all the touches? Thing is, Buck Allen has 5 carries the last 4 weeks combined. 14 receptions over those 4 games as well. Collins has 50 carries and 6 receptions over the same span

I wouldn't compare that situation at all to Penny's

Champ224
Captain
Captain

Postby Champ224 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:15 pm

I just traded for Penny last week (gave Luck for Penny and Carr) so this game came at the right time. Definitely encouraging to see this progression but he still has a long ways to go. Really want to see him do it again this Thursday and put back-to-back solid performances together.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:08 pm

Servo wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:41 am Rams defense has been pretty suspect (coincidentally, like most of the high power teams) but definitely encouraging to see him take advantage of the opportunity.
Suh/Donald up the middle is among the best tackle tandems in the league and the announcers keep on going on about their line off first round picks, but wasn’t Brockers drafted as a DT. He’s way too slow to be playing DE and Fowler lacks discipline. The LBs aren’t really anything special either.

I’m hopeful for Penny, but the fact they were still looking to get Davis some reps after he was out for a bit with that injury suggests he isn’t going anywhere and Carson will still be the lead back when he’s healthy.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Factory of Sadness
Starter
Starter

Postby Factory of Sadness » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:58 am

Penny played well. He looked to have some burst and instincts. The draft capital will give him chances and he looked equipped to take them. My only worry as an owner is there's a hint of Eddie Lacy to him right now and there's no earthly reason for him to have chunked up as he clearly has.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:37 pm

Penny is looking like a promising young back. I am heavily invested, and am concerned about the way he is being used, but he had a few more really nice runs tonight, including one that looked like his best Saquon Barkley imitation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oCjnF-xrAY

If the turf monster hadn't tripped him up a bit before the last defender, it might have been an even longer run.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:56 am

He's looked like Seattle's best RB the past few weeks.

psu007
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby psu007 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:25 am

Very disappointed he tweaked his ankle last night, was looking very good.
Team 1 - 12 Team, PPR, All 6TD

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, K, D

QB - Cousins, Luck, Mayfield
RB - Elliot, Thompson, McKinnon, Penny, Michel, Miller, E.McGuire, Foreman, Ekeler
WR - OBJ, Robinson, K.Allen, C.Davis, Allsion, M.Bryant, C.Coleman, Moncrief, P.Richardson, Chark
TE - Reed, Gathers, Shaheen, Seals-Jones
K - Jake Elliott
D - NE, MIA
Picks - 2019: 3-5

Team 2 - 12 Team, SF 0.5 PPR, 4/6TD

1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1SF, 1FLEX, 1TE

QB - Cousins, Goff, Tannehill, Mayfield, Jackson
RB - Gurley, Ingram, Coleman, Clement, Booker, Rawls, Samuels
WR - Hilton, Fuller, Moore, Byrant, Locket, Moncrief, Rogers, Miller, St.Brown,
TE - Gesicki, Clay, McDonald, Andrews
Picks - 2019: 1,2,3x2,4

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:24 pm

So according to reports, it was the Lions who tried to trade for Penny after he was drafted.

darewood11
All Pro
All Pro

Postby darewood11 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:32 pm

I wish lions got him

PingPwng
Role Player
Role Player

Postby PingPwng » Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:20 pm

darewood11 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:32 pm I wish lions got him
I would argue the Seahawks are a better location due to their offensive focus in running. Once Mike Davis leaves in FA it'll be Penny and Carson. Penny is one ankle/hip/hamstring in Carson's injury-plagued career from being the 3-down workhorse he was envisioned as.
Waiver Warriors|12 Teams|1PPR|1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLEX/1K/1DEF Roster 21 '14 R/U '17 Champ No '18 picks
QB:C. Newton/J. Goff
RB:T. Gurley/L. Bell NA/M. Mack/J. Mixon/S. Michel/K. Drake/R. Penny
WR:M. Evans/O. Beckham/T. Hill/ T. Boyd/A. Robinson/C. Godwin/D. Westbrook/A. Callaway
TE: I. Thomas/C. Brate/H. Henry (IR) K - M. Prater DEF - CHI

Champ224
Captain
Captain

Postby Champ224 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:49 pm

I hope we get a sneak peak of Penny leading that backfield. He's looked really good in spurts and is definitely getting better as the season progresses.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:03 am

PingPwng wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:20 pm
darewood11 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:32 pm I wish lions got him
I would argue the Seahawks are a better location due to their offensive focus in running. Once Mike Davis leaves in FA it'll be Penny and Carson. Penny is one ankle/hip/hamstring in Carson's injury-plagued career from being the 3-down workhorse he was envisioned as.
I wouldn't, and I have Penny in all 5 leagues. Look at the touches Kerryon has received, including 32 receptions. That would have been Penny's workload. Schottenheimer is a dinosaur. He completely wasted Gurley's talents, and is wasting Wilson in a 1980's style offense. Any imaginative OC could do wonders with a talent like Wilson and an explosive back like Penny, yet look at what they are doing. Sure, they have a lot of rushing yards, but there is so much more potential with that offense than is being utilized.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:31 pm

The refusal of this staff to use Penny is maddening. In Detroit he would be a 3 down back, but Seattle said, no, it's OK, we've got a spot here on the bench for him. 2 carries today. The 3 back system they are running is obviously maddening for FF, but the fact they won't even give Penny a chance to get into a groove is ridiculous. He's an explosive player, and Wilson is a dual threat QB, and Schottenheimer is stuck in the 1980's with his offense. The things they could do if they had an OC with any sort of imagination. Sigh.