Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
People Mover
Role Player
Role Player

Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

Postby People Mover » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:23 pm

Really like what I see on tape. Thoughts on him? How will this video impact him IYO? David Johnson Ray Rice hybrid.
1 team PPR league
Winner take all. $500 buy in.
I own 1.01, 2.01, 3.01, 4.01, 5.01 (plan to trade those picks for JMatt)

QB: JMatt
RB: JMatt, JMatt, JMatt
WR: JMatt-left side, JMatt-right side, JMatt-slot, JMatt-Vanderbilt, JMatt-sideline, JRice (just in case)
TE: JMatt, JMatt
K: JMatt

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Joe Mixon

Postby Friction » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:29 pm

Sounds like this will do him in similar to Rice video and the shock factor of seeing the physical evidence. Though I don't fully get how he went from a potential high pick to done for. I get the whole seeing it to believe it type feelings people have and how brutal it was, but how was he not in a position close to where he is now without the video. We all knew what happened, it's not like he denied it. As far as his talent, I thought he would be a good pro with his skill set. Now we will probably never know.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

People Mover
Role Player
Role Player

Postby People Mover » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:32 pm

So you dont think a team takes a chance on him? Why was there so much pressure to have the video shown? Just to assure he never plays a down of football at the next level?
1 team PPR league

WR: JMatt-left side, JMatt-right side, JMatt-slot, JMatt-Vanderbilt, JMatt-sideline, JRice (just in case)

Honey Badgers
Captain
Captain

Postby Honey Badgers » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:32 pm

I think that with the video released 5 months out from the draft the shock factor will fade on it and he will get a chance. Dude is a 1st round talent easily but will probably fall to 4th, 5th round because of the video
Dynasty League 12 Team .5 PPR
20 Man Rosters, 5 IR spots
Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2 FLEX (RB,WR,TE)
Wilson
Gordon, CMC Freeman, Ekeler, J. Williams
OBJ, Nuk, K. Allen, Golladay, Fitz Funchess, Cobb, Isabella, McLaurin, Cain
Kelce McDonald, Doyle, Waller

Empire League 12 Team .5 PPR

2019 Champion
21 Man Rosters, 5 IR spots
Start QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, 2 FLEX (RB,WR,TE)
Rivers, Big Ben
Zeke, Cook, Connor, A. Jones D. Williams, Ballage, M. Brown
Nuk, M. Thomas, AJG, Alshon A-Rob, Sammy, Crowder, Gallup
Njoku Henry, Hooper, Waller
20 picks-2 1sts, 2 2nds

Empire League 12 Team .5 PPR
21 Man Rosters, 5 IR spots
Start, QB, 2RB, 3 WR, TE, 2 FLEX, 1 Superflex, Def
Rodgers, Cam Wilson
Miller, AP A. Jones, Gore, McGuire
Evans, OBJ, A-Rob, Boyd, Sutton Crowder, Sanu, Sutton, Grant, Kearse, C0Patt
Burton Butt, Uzomah
Jacksonville

People Mover
Role Player
Role Player

Postby People Mover » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:36 pm

I would like to think that Ray Rice had three things working against him: the video, age, and poor performance. The world was willing to forgive Adrian Peterson so it isn't totally about principle with Mixon. I would take him in a heartbeat if drafted. Do you believe he can stay out of trouble?
1 team PPR league

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:38 pm

I agree that the release of a video should not keep him from being given at least a shot. One strike and he is out type shot. Vick, AD got back into the league, would they have not if a video came out? Guess we don't know, those would be baaaaaad videos (obviously).
Valhalla's Father

fade...
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Postby fade... » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:39 pm

He needs to work on his straight punch for sure. He'll have all the time in the world too because no team will touch him now. Ppl said it would fade with Rice too and it never did. I think the Rice saga represents a paradigm shift with how nfl teams will deal with these kinds of players going fwd when there is video evidence. Video evidence is a huuuuuuge deal.
Last edited by fade... on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bigchiefbc
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby bigchiefbc » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:40 pm

I'm biased because I own him in my devy league, but the kid insanely talented on the field. When I watch how quick and elusive he his, I think he'll make a great NFL back, particularly in PPR. He'll test out well at the combine, that's for sure.

That being said ...

He's also not a good human being and the video will hurt him, period. It's kinda illogical, but seeing it actually happen seems to be a whole different level than reading about it for most people. But he'll almost definitely be drafted, perhaps even late on day 2. Tyreek Hill choked and punched his pregnant girlfriend, and he was drafted in the 5th round.

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:50 pm

The more I think of it, May is a long ways away. The Football and sports world will find a bunch of new stuff to latch onto by then. Not saying it will go away, but somebody will take a shot by the 7th rd. Just not that much risk at that
Point. Yeah you lose some PR points but there are so many football players that get in trouble, albeit this is near the top of the list of severity.
Valhalla's Father

jcc6fd
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby jcc6fd » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:00 pm

bigchiefbc wrote:He's also not a good human being and the video will hurt him, period. It's kinda illogical, but seeing it actually happen seems to be a whole different level than reading about it for most people. But he'll almost definitely be drafted, perhaps even late on day 2. Tyreek Hill choked and punched his pregnant girlfriend, and he was drafted in the 5th round.
Almost ranted about this exact same comparison on the Underclassmen declaring thread. The video doesn't make Mixon's crime any different. It's bad regardless. If he shouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL it should be because he knocked a woman to the ground and fractured her face, not because we got to see the video. Thus all crimes of this nature should be held to the same standard. The court of public opinion is really starting to get on my nerves lately. Instant judgement with no regard for facts or simple appeals to logic. As I type this though I realize the NFL solely profits off of the court of public opinion. Ugh.
10 Team Half PPR Scoring SF
QB: Mahomes, Hurts, Minshew
RB: Kamara, K. Hunt, Warren, Bigsby, D. Cook, Jamaal Williams, J. Wilson, McLaughlin, McKinnon, J. Kelley
WR: A.J. Brown, Diggs, K. Allen, C. Watson, Cooks, Pickens, W. Robinson
TE: Kelce, J. Smith, Musgrave

Missile
Captain
Captain

Postby Missile » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:21 pm

fade... wrote:He needs to work on his straight punch for sure. He'll have all the time in the world too because no team will touch him now. Ppl said it would fade with Rice too and it never did. I think the Rice saga represents a paradigm shift with how nfl teams will deal with these kinds of players going fwd when there is video evidence. Video evidence is a huuuuuuge deal.
He will be drafted. Ray Rice was not worth the hassle because of his age and diminished play.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:35 pm

Missile wrote:
fade... wrote:He needs to work on his straight punch for sure. He'll have all the time in the world too because no team will touch him now. Ppl said it would fade with Rice too and it never did. I think the Rice saga represents a paradigm shift with how nfl teams will deal with these kinds of players going fwd when there is video evidence. Video evidence is a huuuuuuge deal.
He will be drafted. Ray Rice was not worth the hassle because of his age and diminished play.
Rice also had a much higher profile. Mixon won't get the same coverage simply because nowhere near as many people have heard of him.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

FiremanEd
Legend
Legend

Postby FiremanEd » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:12 am

I don't care about his field talent, the guy doesn't deserve to make the money an NFL player does. The video absolutely is a big deal, whether it should or not can be debated, but it does. Simply put, the masses see the video and it creates additional attention to it. It is vastly different than just hearing someone did something and not knowing exactly how it played out outside of imagination. The video makes things real for people and a lasting memory. Argue the logic if you want, but it does.

I'm in the corner that hopes the teams take a stand against trash. Lots of trash already in the league, but every time there is a stand I think it's a good thing.

If he does make it though, I like his talent level. Definitely very skilled.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:31 am

the video does nothing to change my opinion of his value although he will be under drafted the simple fact is we live in a time when the fact that he punched a woman should be no different than if he punched a man.
If women as a whole are equal and wish to be treated as such then factoring the "he punched a woman" argument has no bearing either you are equal and want treated as such or you need "special" protection and should hide behind your skirts. She could have been(appeared to be) intoxicated and laid hands on him 1st and multiple times and he defended himself , was it repugnant to me personally - absolutely! was it overzealous in my opinion ,yes ! however, he is a premium athlete and if he punched most members of this forum in the face the results would have been quite similar. Women screech to be seen as equal so in my eyes trying to be fully evolved from my chauvinist upbringing I say if he punched a dude in the face what would be the consequences ?
I was taught as a lad do not get in other people's face unless you are ready to roll up your sleeves perhaps this "lady" should have been taught the same . Seems to me she is playing the victim and has gotten a pass on her ridiculous behavior , she came into the place spoiling for a fight and she found one .

The NFL caves to myriad social pressures and as such this kid could get blackballed but the NFL could/should use this as a teaching moment for all the snowflakes out there , you are entitled to your opinions and do what you will but do not expect special protection if you wish true equality and part of that equality is when you lay hands on people do not cry in horror when they lay hands on you in return. There is no video (that I know of) of tyreek hill but he was being lauded as a sensation 9 days ago by the leagues most visible mouthpiece and for this kid perhaps the tyreek hill standard will apply more than the ray rice standard .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:23 am

Clarion, you should know better than to state logic on here ( or anywhere on the Internet) when it comes to these issues. The funny thing is, and relax White Knights, if the video would have been of her punching, kicking, slapping, doing the crazy drunk female tizzy they do, there is only a tiny chance she would have even been asked to leave the restaurant. Even if he tried to walk away or cover up. Let alone her get an assault charge. That right there is the bigger problem, we have made society into just like you said. Empower, empower, empower. Of course he did he terrible thing, no question. Idiotic, terrible self-control, no way around that. I have seen some reverse instances of this in this country and it is sickening. I am the only male in my family and have had this discussion within our walls and most women agree th double standards we carry in the PC culture nowadays is pathetic. Back to football, it will blow over and be more Tyreek than Ray just like said above, the time passing and lack of casual fan star power.
Valhalla's Father