Joe Mixon Thread: 4 Year extension in Cincy

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
onetwothree
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Mixon at 1.2?

Postby onetwothree » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:24 am

BuckeyeNation wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:35 am
Since it appears that many of you have him locked into your top 5-6 right now, my question is how much will you guys let his draft position effect where you rank him?
If a team is going to deal w/ all of the drama that comes with drafting him, they like what they see talent wise and are planning to use him. Why else would you put up with the circus?

Shaft4783
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Shaft4783 » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:30 am

NanceUSMC wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:56 am Not a chance in hell I'd touch him that early... his off-field issues are just too massive for me to trust he can keep himself clean
Good, good.... give in to your anger!

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:40 am

Mixon's first broad jump was 9'10" and first vertical was 35" if anybody was wondering.

Dynastychamp111
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dynastychamp111 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:46 am

All these people saying he will go undrafted are going to eat crow. 24 teams set to meet with him, 4 or 5 already have last night. ill be taking him at 1.4 if Cook/Fournette/Corey Davis are already taken. MW moves to 1.5 for me.
10 Team SuperFlex PPR TE Premium Best Ball

QB: A. Luck, L. Jackson, K. Murray, T. Jackson
RB: D. Johnson, Damien Williams, T. Pollard, T. Johnson, Dexter Williams, D. Hilliard, B. Hill, J. Ajayi
WR: Juju, Tyreek Hill, AB, C. Godwin, T. Lockett, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, C. Kirk, MVS,T. Benjamin, Emanuel Hall, Preston Williams, J. Watson, Trent Taylor, Ashton Dulin, Scott Miller, Reggie White Jr,
TE: D. Harris, J. Reed, RSJ, ASJ, CJ Uzomah, D. Waller, Ben Watson, Max Williams, F. Moreau

12 Team PPR-4pt passing

QB-L.Jackson, P. Rivers,
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, A. Ekeler, Dexter Williams. J. Hill, Ty. Johnson, D. Hilliard
WR: M. Evans, TY Hilton, A. Brown, T. Boyd, A. Miller, C. Kirk, Marquise Brown, P. Williams
TE: E. Engram, J. Doyle, D. Waller

kasermap
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kasermap » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:48 am

He just ran a 4.43, 35" vertical, and 118" broad jump

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:51 am

IBall2 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:40 am Mixon's first broad jump was 9'10" and first vertical was 35" if anybody was wondering.
Exhibits above average explosiveness when compared to the other backs in this class. Neither jump is earth shattering but a good showing. Stock remains the same?
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

James McGhee
Captain
Captain

Postby James McGhee » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:57 am

Wrote that before the 40 time was posted. Is 4.43 accurate or was it hand timed and we should add .15?

If it's 4.43 then that is a helluva run for 220+ lbs.
12 team league; 15 man roster; .5 pt PPR;
QB/RB/2 WR/TE/2 FLX/K/DEF

Tom Brady, Cam Newton
Mark Ingram, Kerryon Johnson, Rashaad Penny, Ronald Jones
AJ Green, Keenan Allen, Michael Thomas, Marvin Jones, Golden Tate, Keelan Cole
Rob Gronkowski
Will Lutz
Minnesota Defense

12 team league; 30-man roster; full PPR
QB/2 RB/2 WR/TE/3 FLX

Rodgers, Goff, Carr
Bell, J. Stewart, Foreman, Perine
Hopkins, K. Allen, Cooks, Hurns, Kupp, Lee, C. Samuel, Patterson, Taywan Taylor
Howard, Hooper, S. Anderson

Dynastychamp111
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Dynastychamp111 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:02 am

Size, speed, college production, comp to Lev Bell. Yes he has off the field concerns which is why he isnt in the discussion of 1.1.
10 Team SuperFlex PPR TE Premium Best Ball

QB: A. Luck, L. Jackson, K. Murray, T. Jackson
RB: D. Johnson, Damien Williams, T. Pollard, T. Johnson, Dexter Williams, D. Hilliard, B. Hill, J. Ajayi
WR: Juju, Tyreek Hill, AB, C. Godwin, T. Lockett, C. Kupp, T. Boyd, C. Kirk, MVS,T. Benjamin, Emanuel Hall, Preston Williams, J. Watson, Trent Taylor, Ashton Dulin, Scott Miller, Reggie White Jr,
TE: D. Harris, J. Reed, RSJ, ASJ, CJ Uzomah, D. Waller, Ben Watson, Max Williams, F. Moreau

12 Team PPR-4pt passing

QB-L.Jackson, P. Rivers,
RB: S. Barkley, A. Kamara, D. Montgomery, M. Sanders, A. Ekeler, Dexter Williams. J. Hill, Ty. Johnson, D. Hilliard
WR: M. Evans, TY Hilton, A. Brown, T. Boyd, A. Miller, C. Kirk, Marquise Brown, P. Williams
TE: E. Engram, J. Doyle, D. Waller

kasermap
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby kasermap » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:03 am

That is what OU currently has listed on their site. One tweet said the watches ranged from 4.42-4.46.

IBall2
All Pro
All Pro

Postby IBall2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:06 am

Did he have to weigh in at the pro-day? I don't see any official weight for Mixon anywhere.

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:11 am

Dynastychamp111 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:02 am Size, speed, college production, comp to Lev Bell. Yes he has off the field concerns which is why he isnt in the discussion of 1.1.
The off field doesn't really worry me. Yes, its was a terrible decision on his part, and he shouldn't have laid his hands on her (I don't see a reason for a man to lay his hands on a woman unless he needs to for his own safety), nor followed her. But, she did go after him first, he was 18, he has made efforts to make amends, and has been clean ever since, except getting upset for getting a ticket (yes he was allegedly very animated, and tore up the ticket and threw it, but c'mon, he is a kid and he is probably used to getting his way, he should mature).
What really makes me think he can make it in the NFL with his past is that Joy Taylor of Undisputed on FS1 (who has been part of domestic violence) said that even she forgives the guys for his actions, and she doesn't think a bad decision from when he was 18 should affect his ability to play in the NFL, and she has every right in the world to crucify the guy on national TV, but even she made her case for him.

I'm taking this guy ASAP or one of the big 4 will fall to me at 1.05
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:12 am

Pro day aside - character issues aside - why do people love this guy as a player?
I watched his tape a couple months back and came away with the "he is a good, but not great RB" mindset.

brooklynkid
Role Player
Role Player

Postby brooklynkid » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:16 am

I have a strong feeling that Mixon will be taken in the 2nd or 3rd round no way he's getting undrafted. I have the 1.03 in one League and if one of the backs fall i might take Mixon over them depending on the landing spot. Mixon can do everything Cook can do. He's a better Pass catcher then Leonard, he's explosive and has all the tools to be 3 down back imo
14 Team PPR League 6pts all TDs 1.5 PPR TE
Start QB 2RB 2WR 2Flex 1TE 1K 28 Man Active Roster
QB-Carr, Palmer, Stanton, Gabbert
RB- Ingram, Coleman, Montgomery, West, Smallwood, K. Bibbs, R.Smith, Marshall
WR-A. Brown, Crowder, Maclin, Aiken, Britt, Ginn, Conley, Kupp(R), Coleman, Wallace, T. Mcbride, J. Hunter
TE-Graham, Rudolph,
TS-Joshua Dobbs, Brian Hill, James Connor, Chad Hansen

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:22 am

I think it's imminently possible Mixon has a RB1 fantasy season or two as a pro football player. Heck, or more.

I'm still gonna let someone else draft him. I don't need to win at fantasy football that much.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Risky bidness
MVP
MVP

Postby Risky bidness » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:25 am

Combine and pro day don't change anything for me. I have all these players above Mixon.

Fournette
Cook
Davis
Williams
McCaffery
Howard
Engram
Ross