Mecole hardman thoughts/value

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sfoster2625
Role Player
Role Player

Mecole hardman thoughts/value

Postby Sfoster2625 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:41 pm

Try to pick up a piece of the offense since I’ve got mahomes now. Don’t want to pay the price for Kelce or hill. What’s y’alls thoughts? What’s hardman’s trade value?
Qb: Mahomes
Rb: Jacobs Ceh, Damien williams, Vaughn, rojo, fournette, Singletary, akers, snell, devontae booker, boston Scott
Wr: devante Adams, godwin, juju, mclaurin, diontae johnson, mims, Allen Robinson, gallup, Preston Williams
Te: hock, fant
Cb: Kyle fuller, Carlton Davis
S: Jamal Adams, Justin poyer
Edr: nick bosa, Joey bosa, Josh Allen, Jpp, emmanuel agbah
IL: Chris Jones, Jonathan Allen
Lb: Darius Leonard, Roquan Smith, greenlaw

1QB
10 team league
32 man roster
0.5 point ppr
6 point pass td

Idp scoring is even with offense

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Mecole hardman thoughts/value

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 14, 2020 7:38 pm

2nd rounder. I think he's a gadget guy. Perfect for best ball. He was drafted in part due to his elite return skills. He's WR 3 on that team, and 4th best option, so he's going to be difficult to trust and slot into your starting lineup. I personally don't think he's ever a consistent Fantasy option, but will be a boom or bust type guy.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:11 pm

He’s shown what could be possible if he gets consistent playing time. he was drafted to take Hill’s place if Hill was going to be suspended and also for negotiation leverage, so that says something. I think most owners are not going to sell for a 2nd right now knowing his potential, although that’s probably fair price.

usps33
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby usps33 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:52 pm

I offered Darrell Henderson for Hardman, got rejected, I thought that was a fair price to pay.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:07 pm

azthecrow wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:11 pm He’s shown what could be possible if he gets consistent playing time. he was drafted to take Hill’s place if Hill was going to be suspended and also for negotiation leverage, so that says something. I think most owners are not going to sell for a 2nd right now knowing his potential, although that’s probably fair price.
Not from what I read. The Hill thing was a concern, but he was drafted largely because they believed he was the elite returner in the draft. He's never going to close to Hill, nor do I think they ever believed that. I'm not even certain he's a full time WR, but he is a playmaker. The Chiefs will find ways to get him touches, but I do expect it to be as their WR3 for the foreseeable future. If and when Watkins leaves, I expect Reid to reload there. Hardman is new to the position, and probably isn't suited to being a consistent number 2.

PR0v3
Captain
Captain

Postby PR0v3 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:32 pm

usps33 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:52 pm I offered Darrell Henderson for Hardman, got rejected, I thought that was a fair price to pay.
I think you’ll be better off for it.
12 Team .5 PPR - 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB 20 man rosters, 5 man taxi est. 2018
QB: Dak, Pickett
RB: CMC, Taylor, Gibson, Dillon, Akers, Penny
WR: JJeff, Hollywood, Olave, Toney, Aiyuk, Jeudy, C. Davis, Boyd, C. Samuel,
TE: Njoku, Gesicki
2023 picks: 1.x, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:27 am

usps33 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:52 pm I offered Darrell Henderson for Hardman, got rejected, I thought that was a fair price to pay.
As a Hardman owner that would be an instant reject with no counter. Hardman has massive upside as a WR. While he was used more as a deeper threat type in year one, he was successful averaging 20.7 per reception with 6 TD's.

If you could get him for a 2nd that would be a steal. I expect steady improvement this season with major breakout numbers in 2021.

I would think most that drafted him realize patience is needed but a great buy if you can find an owner that expects instant gratification.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:19 pm

PR0v3 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:32 pm
I think you’ll be better off for it.
I'm not high on either. Hardman isn't ever going to be a WR1 type guy. He's more suited to his current role. He may at some point become good enough to be a 2 in that offense, but I wouldn't' count on it.

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:26 pm

Henderson>>>>Hardman for me, and I am generally very low on Henderson

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:33 pm

dynastyninja wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:26 pm Henderson>>>>Hardman for me, and I am generally very low on Henderson
I think Henderson can bring more immediate value, if he survives the NFL draft. Hardman will be behind Watkins and Hill for another year, and I suspect the Chiefs will add another significant WR in the draft when Sammy leaves. I think Hardman is suited to be a 3. Great best ball guy. He was drafted largely in part to his return skills. Reid does a good job of getting the ball in his hands on jet sweeps etc. to utilize those return skills, but over the next 12 months I'd rather have Henderson. Don't feel great about either player, but I'd give the edge to the RB here.

Dynasty DeLorean
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Dynasty DeLorean » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:47 pm

I didn't like how his production went into the toilet as the year went on. Hill got resigned to a multi-year deal, Watkins back. That's a blow to his value. He may not be all that useful until his 2nd contract, in which he may not be with Mahomes anymore, in which he may not be all that interesting anymore. I had traded him for Harry straight up this offseason and feel good about it.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:04 pm

Hardman is the same size as Tyreek but a few pounds heavier with the same speed ratio.

Played well as rookie. Anyone can believe he can’t play if they want I guess but by next year he should be even better.

Pretty sure he had over 1000 yards including special teams last season and his yards per catch we probably 3-4 yards better than Tyreek.

He is way better than many want to give him credit for by pigeon holing him as one dimensional.

His crime is being young on a great team. What better way to learn his craft. I would bet a lot this is Watkins last season in KC

My take is he is a high upside player and it would be foolish to sell him cheap.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:13 pm

I feel like them bringing back Sammy is directly related to their thoughts on Mecole. If they felt like he was ready for a larger role, they would have cut Sammy outright. The fact they brought Sammy back doesn't make a ton of sense if your plan is to feature Mecole more.

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:17 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:04 pm Hardman is the same size as Tyreek but a few pounds heavier with the same speed ratio.

Played well as rookie. Anyone can believe he can’t play if they want I guess but by next year he should be even better.

Pretty sure he had over 1000 yards including special teams last season and his yards per catch we probably 3-4 yards better than Tyreek.

He is way better than many want to give him credit for by pigeon holing him as one dimensional.

His crime is being young on a great team. What better way to learn his craft. I would bet a lot this is Watkins last season in KC

My take is he is a high upside player and it would be foolish to sell him cheap.
Well said, I agree

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:27 pm

Ice wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:04 pm Hardman is the same size as Tyreek but a few pounds heavier with the same speed ratio.

He is one dimensional. Your take is he will improve. Of course he will. The level to what he will improve is the debate. He's new to the position and a speedster. He could develop like Hill did, or just be a gadget guy. We really will have to wait and see. Some people had D Henderson very high. He had a great college career, and was thought very highly of by the team that drafted him. The talk of selling Hardman "cheap" in that case is simply based on your perception of the two players. Other people view the two players differently, so their idea of "cheap" varies to yours. Some would see trading Henderson for Hardman as cheap. So, as you state, it's "your take". I really think both players are complete enigma's, and don't fault either side of a trade like that. It's all down to people's view on the two players.