Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
dvpkwys
Captain
Captain

Re: Bridgewater traded to Denver

Postby dvpkwys » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:38 pm

Cameron Giles wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:17 am Bridgewater was also bad last year, but he's a little better than Lock
This.
10 Team - NON PPR (5 Round Rookie Draft) - Start 2QB, 2RB, 4WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 4DB, 4LB/DL/DB

Burrow/Howell (Murray, Geno)
Taylor/Swift (Sanders, Conner, Gibson, Miller, Spears Lenny)
Adams/Godwin/Higgins/McLaurin (DJ Moore, Hopkins, Tillman)
Kelce (Hockenson)
Budda/Holland/Blackmon/Minkah (Sydney Brown)
Bosa/Bernard/Okereke/EJones (Elliss)

StripesOfKC
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby StripesOfKC » Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:59 pm

Wow they're really going to start Bridgewater next year

austing
Role Player
Role Player

Postby austing » Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:23 pm

Trey Lance will be the starter in denver this year. Bridgewater will be his backup. Drew Lock will do what kurt warner did before the rams.
12 team/37 year contract cap ppr league/ Player (yrs left on team) --- Qb Rb Flex Flex Flex Flex (max 3 rbs, no req. TEs)

QB Josh Allen (1)

RB Nick Chubb (1) Miles Sanders (4) Chase Edmunds (1)

WR Kenny Golladay (2) Jerry Jeudy (4) Courtland Sutton (3) Allen Robinson (3) Marvin Jones (2) Nelson Agholor (1) Nkeal Harry (3)

K Josh Brown (1)

Dst Bears (1)

2021 1.04 Pick (waddle/pitts/williams)

cantguardjake
Role Player
Role Player

Postby cantguardjake » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:15 pm

Surprised to see people thinking this impacts whether or not they draft a QB in the first even slightly.

They paid a 6th and 3mill with a new GM that owes Lock nothing lol

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:34 am

Bridgewater is just cheap insurance if things go south tomorrow night. I think Denver has every intension of coming away with one of the top 5 QBs. What will be interesting is if they'll get cocky and see if one falls to them at #9. I think a lot will depend on who the 49ers take. My guess is that all 5 will be gone before the 9th pick.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:55 am

killer_of_giants wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:41 pm
Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:20 pmall they did was waste a 6th round pick and $3M.
teams need backup QBs. that's a good price for one of the best backups in the league. IF they can get their hands on a rookie QB with their 1st, great, better to have one more than one less, at least they won't have to play a WR at QB (i know, i know, unlikely to happen again, but still).
How many backup QBs should they accumulate? Now they have 2 on the roster with no starter above replacement level. They’ll be in the same situation next year if they don’t move up in the draft - they’ll be one year further down the road, will likely finish with a draft pick around 10 give or take a couple of spots, but there won’t be nearly as much available rookie QB talent in next year’s draft.

So yeah, if they just want to keep treading water as an also-ran in a division with 2 outstanding young QBs, just keep pissing away those low draft picks for more clipboard holders. That’s the ticket to the playoffs.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater?

Postby ArrylT » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:55 am

NFL Research: Broncos QB Teddy Bridgewater became the fifth quarterback in club history to throw 35-plus passes in a game with a completion percentage of 75-plus. The others: Jay Cutler, Brian Griese, Peyton Manning (five times) and John Elway (five times).

---

Good company for him to be with in terms of QBs with career longevity. Anyways for 1 week at least he's given reason to suggest that Fangio made the right call.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:23 pm

NFL Research: Teddy Bridgewater joined Peyton Manning as the only Broncos QBs to complete 75% of his passes with at least two TD passes and no interceptions in a game.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:31 pm

Teddy really impressed me in game 1.

His pocket presence and playmaking ability really stood out to me, and it looked like he refined his mechanics a bit when throwing downfield. His ability to drive the ball downfield was clearly improved since his time in CAR.

This week vs the Jags he didn't play quite as well, but I liked that he showed more aggression by throwing down field to WRs that weren't wide open. Sutton being targeted a whopping 12 times is testament to that.

Still not sold on his ability to comeback yet, but the possibility for a late career breakout is possible here.

This maturation in Teddy's game is a very good sign for Sutton.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:53 pm