Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby ArrylT » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:45 am

Rumours he could be going to Carolina? Or NE?
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:35 am

3 years, 60 mil to the Panthers. Great for CMC and Moore. Not sure about Samuel.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:37 am

Bridgewater doesn't push the ball down the field much, so this does suck for the potential of Samuel being a good buy low, or any big play chances in this offense.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:38 am

Bot101 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:35 am 3 years, 60 mil to the Panthers. Great for CMC and Moore. Not sure about Samuel.
Not good for Samuel IMO.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

DLF3000
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby DLF3000 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:42 am

Ugh, Bridgewater to CAR? The only winner is CMC. That passing game is going to suck.
35 Team Dyn PPR, 3 x Copy SF start 2TE Super Prem (TE 2 PPR, 8pt TD), 6 pt/non-TE TD, 1pt/20 yds pass (300 +3pt), 1pt/10 yds rush/rec (100 +3pt)

Start 12: 1QB 1SFLX 2RB 4WR 2TE 2FLX | 30 Active Roster, unlim Taxi, 3 IR/Out (+) | est. '21 | playoffs '21, '22

QB - J Allen, T Lawrence ...
RB - A Ekeler, S Barkley, J Cook, I Pacheco ...
WR - AJ Brown, C Ridley, G Pickens, C Sutton ...
TE - D Njoku, D Knox ...
® 2024 - | 2025 -

Raymond1974
Role Player
Role Player

Postby Raymond1974 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:18 am

DLF3000 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:42 am Ugh, Bridgewater to CAR? The only winner is CMC. That passing game is going to suck.
CMC could take a hit as well! Teams could stack the line,and force Teddy to beat them!

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:07 am

Raymond1974 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:18 am
DLF3000 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:42 am Ugh, Bridgewater to CAR? The only winner is CMC. That passing game is going to suck.
CMC could take a hit as well! Teams could stack the line,and force Teddy to beat them!
They haven't already been doing that with the scrubs CAR has had at QB? CMC will be fine

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:35 am

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:07 am
They haven't already been doing that with the scrubs CAR has had at QB? CMC will be fine
Yeah, although it's a new offensive scheme, so they may not use him quite as heavily. Tough to imagine he repeats that season, even if it was with the same system.

UATahoe
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby UATahoe » Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:15 pm

Repeating what happened last year ensure only one thing, another horrible losing season. Last years offense was down right bad. Great for CM and fantasy but that team was horrible. If they want to win they will have to find a way to get more players involved. CM will still put up numbers but the hope in Carolina has to be that he won’t have to bear the load he did last year.
12 Team PPR League 1Qb 2Rb 3Wr 1Flex 1Te 1Def 1K

1 QB Mahomes, Dak Prescott
2 RB Mixon, Kamara, Melvin Gordon, Nick Chubb, Royce Freeman, Justice Hill, Boston Scott, Ito Smith
3 WR Godwin, K. Allen, A. Cooper, S. Watkins, DJ Moore, Michael Gallup, Kelvin Harmon, Martavis Bryant, Core Coleman(IR) Preston Williams(IR)
1 TE Mark Andrews, H. Henry, H. Hurst, Ian Thomas, Goedert
D/ST Bears
K Zane Gonzalez

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:35 am
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:07 am
Yeah, although it's a new offensive scheme, so they may not use him quite as heavily. Tough to imagine he repeats that season, even if it was with the same system.
Oh yeah it would be insane to expect the past 2 years numbers, but he's still a top back even if he loses 10-20%

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:32 pm

Status quo for CMC (won't repeat but will still be REALLY good), good for DJ Moore I think - Teddy will see him open and won't miss fire, good for Ian Thomas I think, and a downer for Samuel.
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:09 pm

jetsfan5757 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:32 pm Status quo for CMC (won't repeat but will still be REALLY good), good for DJ Moore I think - Teddy will see him open and won't miss fire, good for Ian Thomas I think, and a downer for Samuel.
As someone who rosters Thomas (see sig), I don't think it's good for him. I think Teddy is probably capable of supporting 2 really relevant players, and I suspect that to be DJ Moore and CMC. Thomas still needs to win the starting role in training camp, but assuming he does, I don't think Teddy is the type of guy that is going to make a bunch of guys FF relevant. I think Ian is at best 4th in the pecking order in that passing game, and I don't expect it to be a top end passing offense. Brady talks about doing what his players do best as his system, so I suspect Samuel will no longer be miscast so much as a more 1 dimensional deep threat, but used more around the LOS, the way he was early in his Panthers career, and at Ohio State. I think Thomas is a bit of an afterthought. I'd be pleasantly surprised if Thomas did well, but I think DJM and CMC showed an ability to thrive despite poor QB play last year, and I think the guy that stands to gain the most compared to last year is Samuel.

EDIT. Robbie Anderson has now been signed. This confirms even more my suspicion Samuel will be used more around the LOS. Ian Thomas arguably drops to 5th in the pecking order now.

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater?

Postby MyTeam » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:13 pm

What does everyone think about Teddy? He is a QB that hasn't thrown more than 14 tds but got paid and is now the starting QB of one of the most talented teams in the league. So we know they are putting their faith in him for a while based on his contract, he looked promising but conservative when starting, and he now has weapons around him like CMC, DJ Moore, Robby Anderson and Curtis Samuel.

Where do you guys rank him in QBs? Because he went QB 25 in my start up but I think he could be valued much higher by this time next year.
Team 1: 12 team, PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex

Mahomes, Lawrence
Najee, Swift, Javonte, Jamaal W, Murray
DK, DJM, Juju, Jameson, Gallup, Van
Pitts, Friermuth
1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.10, 2 firsts next year

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TEP (1.5 PPR)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 SF

Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
CEH, Swift, Gibson, Jacobs, Mattison, Scott, McFarland
DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson
Andrews, H. Henry, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon

Same as Team 2
Watson, Burrow, Lance, Z. Wilson
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O, Njoku
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
TLaw, Burrow, Watson, Darnold
CEH, Gus, Cohen
Juju, Chark, Shenault, Boyd, Landry, Renfrow, Robinson,
Engram, Kmet, Firkser, Schultz, Arnold, Herndon
5 additional firsts

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater?

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:22 pm

MyTeam wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:13 pm What does everyone think about Teddy? He is a QB that hasn't thrown more than 14 tds but got paid and is now the starting QB of one of the most talented teams in the league. So we know they are putting their faith in him for a while based on his contract, he looked promising but conservative when starting, and he now has weapons around him like CMC, DJ Moore, Robby Anderson and Curtis Samuel.

Where do you guys rank him in QBs? Because he went QB 25 in my start up but I think he could be valued much higher by this time next year.
Does that include Burrow and Tua? I think at least Lawrence and Fields will come in with an earlier ADP than Teddy next year. I think his ceiling is like where Jimmy G is right now.

I do think that he's a perfect fit for Carolina. They have some of the best YAC weapons in football, and he has one of the lowest aDOTs in the league.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

MyTeam
MVP
MVP

Re: Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater?

Postby MyTeam » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:27 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:22 pm
MyTeam wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:13 pm What does everyone think about Teddy? He is a QB that hasn't thrown more than 14 tds but got paid and is now the starting QB of one of the most talented teams in the league. So we know they are putting their faith in him for a while based on his contract, he looked promising but conservative when starting, and he now has weapons around him like CMC, DJ Moore, Robby Anderson and Curtis Samuel.

Does that include Burrow and Tua? I think at least Lawrence and Fields will come in with an earlier ADP than Teddy next year. I think his ceiling is like where Jimmy G is right now.

I do think that he's a perfect fit for Carolina. They have some of the best YAC weapons in football, and he has one of the lowest aDOTs in the league.
That did not include rookies because we drafted rookie picks. Therefore he would have been QB 28 (Tua, Burrow, Herbert)
Team 1: 12 team, PPR
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1Flex

Mahomes, Lawrence
Najee, Swift, Javonte, Jamaal W, Murray
DK, DJM, Juju, Jameson, Gallup, Van
Pitts, Friermuth
1.01, 1.04, 1.11, 1.12, 3.10, 2 firsts next year

Team 2: 12 Team, SF TEP (1.5 PPR)
1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex, 1 SF

Mahomes, Burrow, Cousins, Rudolph
CEH, Swift, Gibson, Jacobs, Mattison, Scott, McFarland
DK, AJB, Ridley, McLaurin, Kupp, Landry, Mims, Hamler, Miller, Johnson, Robinson
Andrews, H. Henry, Sternberger, Alie-Cox, Herndon

Same as Team 2
Watson, Burrow, Lance, Z. Wilson
Pollard, Mattison
Chase, D. Smith, Boyd, Hardman, E. Moore, Cephus, A. Rodgers, Harry, Boykin, A. Tate, Miller
Hockenson, Thomas, Albert O, Njoku
3 additional firsts

Same as Team 2
TLaw, Burrow, Watson, Darnold
CEH, Gus, Cohen
Juju, Chark, Shenault, Boyd, Landry, Renfrow, Robinson,
Engram, Kmet, Firkser, Schultz, Arnold, Herndon
5 additional firsts