Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Phaded » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:25 pm

Not going to lie - I thought it already was until I saw the headline.
This is a lot of hoopla about Bridgewater and I do not understand why.

DynastyDeepDive
Starter
Starter

Postby DynastyDeepDive » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:59 am

As an owner Brees and and Bridgewater in my superflex league, I'm thrilled he's staying there. Maybe Brees told him this is his last year and they have told him the team is yours. I'd stay for half the money too. Miami is a dumpster fire.
In too many leagues to list players. Check out my Dynasty Deep Dive!

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:49 pm

jtsmalls wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:59 am As an owner Brees and and Bridgewater in my superflex league, I'm thrilled he's staying there. Maybe Brees told him this is his last year and they have told him the team is yours. I'd stay for half the money too. Miami is a dumpster fire.
Actually, I do believe this is the case. If you look at the way they restructured Brees' contract by converting a lot of his base salary into a signing bonus without an extension. It seems like they want to maximize the cap space for a run this year. And with the signing bonus put on the cap for the following year, keeping Brees on the roster in 2020 would put them in cap hell.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:12 pm

jtsmalls wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:59 am As an owner Brees and and Bridgewater in my superflex league, I'm thrilled he's staying there. Maybe Brees told him this is his last year and they have told him the team is yours. I'd stay for half the money too. Miami is a dumpster fire.
I would disagree with this. Even if Brees did say that, which he probably didn't, because Drew is still a top end QB, chasing a ship, the New Orleans Brass probably isn't counting on Teddy as the heir apparent. If Bridgewater had a chance vs Tanny or Brees, to be a starter, could he beat either out? If he could beat 1, I think it would be Tanny. To me this says Bridgewater is a backup NFL QB. I would not think for a second that Payton plans on transitioning from Brees to Bridgewater. If they did, they would never had let him go to Miami in the first place, IMO. Bridgewater could have been the starting QB on Miami right now, with that depth chart, which is more valuable in a SF league. I think Teddy insures you if Brees gets hurt, but I don't think he's an NFL starting caliber QB.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:17 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:49 pm
Actually, I do believe this is the case. If you look at the way they restructured Brees' contract by converting a lot of his base salary into a signing bonus without an extension. It seems like they want to maximize the cap space for a run this year. And with the signing bonus put on the cap for the following year, keeping Brees on the roster in 2020 would put them in cap hell.
Could he not restructure in 2020 again? I think they are taking it on a year by year basis with Drew at this point, but If he wanted to come back in 2020, assuming he hadn't hit a wall, I would think he would even take a pay cut. He's chasing a championship at this point, not money. I just don't see New Orleans viewing Teddy as the long term solution. This isn't a Favre/Rodgers scenario. That rarely happens anymore. Teddy is a backup caliber QB at this stage, I think that's pretty certain. Best case scenario is he is a "bridge" :lol: QB for the next New Orleans QB, IMO.

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:40 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:17 pm
Could he not restructure in 2020 again? I think they are taking it on a year by year basis with Drew at this point, but If he wanted to come back in 2020, assuming he hadn't hit a wall, I would think he would even take a pay cut. He's chasing a championship at this point, not money. I just don't see New Orleans viewing Teddy as the long term solution. This isn't a Favre/Rodgers scenario. That rarely happens anymore. Teddy is a backup caliber QB at this stage, I think that's pretty certain. Best case scenario is he is a "bridge" :lol: QB for the next New Orleans QB, IMO.
I'm not saying that Teddy is the answer, it's just that when I saw the details of Brees' new contact the first thing I thought of was that this had the "look" of a final season for him. Of course I may be wrong but, if this is the case and it is something that Bridgewater is aware of, it could be incentive for him to stick around.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:56 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:40 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:17 pm

I'm not saying that Teddy is the answer, it's just that when I saw the details of Brees' new contact the first thing I thought of was that this had the "look" of a final season for him. Of course I may be wrong but, if this is the case and it is something that Bridgewater is aware of, it could be incentive for him to stick around.
For sure. I think if Drew felt he could still play and could win (if they don't this year), he'd be willing to take a hit in salary.

SillyNinja
Combine Attendee
Combine Attendee

Teddy Bridgewater Worth Holding?

Postby SillyNinja » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:44 am

What’s your take on holding Teddy Bridgewater in a 1QB league? Seems droppable at this point for a higher upside guy. Keesean Johnson comes to mind. He’s available in my league and might find a role in that wide open Cards offense. Worth taking the shot or does Teddy B have value as Brees’ backup? I have Cam and Stafford ahead of him.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Team:

14 Team, .5 PPR, 24 roster (+2 IR): 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 DST
QB: Cam, Stafford
RB: McCaffrey, Royce Freeman, Breida, CJ Anderson, Gus Edwards, Carlos Hyde, Scarlett, Dexter Williams, Ogunbowale, Gallman
WR: OBJ, DeAndre Hopkins, Marvin Jones, Boykin, Callaway, Parris Campbell, McLaurin
TE: Ertz, Waller
DST: Browns, Patriots

Picks: 2020: 1st, 1st, 4th 2021: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th

sloth8u
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Teddy Bridgewater Worth Holding?

Postby sloth8u » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:49 am

In a 1qb, i would not roster teddy right now.

Like him and think he's a starting qb in the nfl....but as of today, id gamble with a position player rather than teddy.

Goddard
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Goddard » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:51 am

Drop him.

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:51 am

1qb drop

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:01 am

He's currently held in my 1 QB league, which is 16 teams by 24 players. Not sure if he'll be held at Keeper Declaration (each team cuts to 16 soon)...probably. So 16 x 24 = 384 players and I'll admit he's on the cusp. Sounds like OP league is 14 x 26 (including IR) = 364. I can see why Teddy might be a drop candidate under those circumstances but I wouldn't be surprised either if some team with scrubs on the end of their bench picked him up immediately. OP has a nice deep roster, good job building there. I would be surprised if another team didn't have room for him.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson, Joshua Dobbs, Sean Clifford
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Xavier Gipson, Xavier Hutchinson
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

killer_of_giants
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby killer_of_giants » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:02 am

SillyNinja wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:44 am What’s your take on holding Teddy Bridgewater in a 1QB league?
unless it's a huge league with QB-hoarding owners, it'd be silly.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:37 am

To me, he barely makes the cut to hold in 2QB/SF leagues...so if you're not in one of those? Lol no, drop him.

His move this offseason (although I don't think the Dolphins will be horrible, he probably wasn't going to set himself up for long-term success there) is banking on the Saints still wanting him once Brees retires...but just like Brady, who knows when that will be. Maybe Brees hangs it up after getting his heart broken in the playoffs every year lol.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:54 am

Will be interesting to see how much Teddy Bridgewater plays tonight.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..