Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby ArrylT » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:59 pm

Yeah probably not the best stat line - but on the bright side he still did better than Bortles. :lol:

Considering the situation, players inactive, and relative disinterest of the Saints in winning - I cannot be too disappointed. Every game action helps.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:23 pm

Not that much of the offense was inactive though.
I mean, Bridge only got MT a 5-29 line from 7 targets.

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:24 pm

Maybe the Vikings can get him back!

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:19 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:59 pm Yeah probably not the best stat line - but on the bright side he still did better than Bortles. :lol:

Considering the situation, players inactive, and relative disinterest of the Saints in winning - I cannot be too disappointed. Every game action helps.
Agree that this was disappointing. However, it does show that he was healthy enough and recovered enough to make it through the game. As an owner in a couple superflex leagues, I would have loved to see him come out and crush it. As a fan of football, I’ll settle with him playing a full game.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:02 am

Phaded wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:23 pm Not that much of the offense was inactive though.
I mean, Bridge only got MT a 5-29 line from 7 targets.
True, but they were calling an incredibly basic game on both sides of the ball. They ran the ball 27 times compared to 22 passes in a game they were trailing throughout.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:46 pm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... ith-saints

Looks like Bridgewater will stay with the Saints. I think long-term this may the best decision in his interest, even if it delays him being a starter for another year or so. The way I see it is if QBs are playing longer older, then Bridgewater even if he only becomes a starter at say 29-30 could still have a lengthy career as a starter. At the very least he should at least be on the journeyman path and that keeps you in the NFL for a good period of time too.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:35 pm

Shocked he didn't go to Washington. Agree this might be best for him long term, but Washington would have given him a chance to play...
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Servo
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Servo » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:54 pm

I don't think it's far off to say that Bridgewater probably has one shot left to show he's a starter in the NFL.

Go to Miami, go to Washington and risk being exposed because of: 1. Poor play 2. Crappy team that leads to poor play....maybe he recognized that "any" money may not be "good" money. Whether or not he's around or Sean Payton is around after Brees retires (who knows), time will tell.

jetsfan5757
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby jetsfan5757 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:31 am

Servo wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:54 pm I don't think it's far off to say that Bridgewater probably has one shot left to show he's a starter in the NFL.

Go to Miami, go to Washington and risk being exposed because of: 1. Poor play 2. Crappy team that leads to poor play....maybe he recognized that "any" money may not be "good" money. Whether or not he's around or Sean Payton is around after Brees retires (who knows), time will tell.
I hear you, but I'm not sure what options are going to open up that are a whole lote better? Brees, Rivers, or Big Ben retiring would fit the bill, same for Brady. Not sure any of those are eminent... Oakland with AB if they move on from Carr? Matt Ryan retiring?
Dynasty League (25 man rosters + 2 IR, non-PPR scoring. QB/3RB/3WR/2TE/K/DB/LB/DL no flex)

QB (1): Herbert, Lawrence, Darnold
RB (3): N. Chubb, D. Henry, J. Taylor, JK Dobbins, Pollard, Singletary, L. Murray
WR (3): D. Hopkins, D. Adams, M. Evans, D.J. Moore, DJ Chark, B. Aiyuk, J. Smith-Schuster, R Bateman, E. Moore
TE (2): I. Smith Jr, H. Henry, Schultz, Tremble

K (1): M. Crosby

DB (1): J. Adams
LB (1): F. Warner
DL (1): D. Lawrence

PS: I often don't revisit a thread after posting. Send me a message if you ever want further thoughts on a comment I made.

Badkins1121
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby Badkins1121 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:18 pm

He’s visiting Miami again

Gtdano_14
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Gtdano_14 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:27 pm

Still surprised how much love he gets on here. I still remember how displeased i was when the Vikes drafted him. He’s a great guy and I wish him the best, but I just don’t see it with him as a starting QB in the NFL.
Last edited by Gtdano_14 on Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 Team PPR 1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 Flex
QB- R.Wilson, B. Mayfield
RB- D. Cook, Zeke, J. Jacobs, J. McKinnon, A. Collins, I. Smith, B. Hill, R. Armstead, M. Boone
WR- J. Smith-Schuster, T. Boyd, C. Sutton, M. Brown, H. Ruggs, S. Miller
TE- G. Kittle, Enron, C. Herndon
'21 Picks- 1.12

Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Its nutz that he is even thinking about Miami, which is a terrible organization and which isnt' even making a bona fide starter offer to him. They'd draft a rookie in a few weeks, and have him compete with him, and probably be replaced before the season is over.

He should stay in New Orleans, work hard, win over the organization, and take the reigns when Brees retires in 2-3 years.

Also, NO is also paying him a decent salary. It's not like he's getting $250k or something. He is making millions, not getting hit, and in line for one of the best gigs in the business. That team will be solid when he gets his change. Miami will suck for another 10 years.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:39 pm

Bridgewater is career backup at best. Remember his Pro Day?

When you can't the side of the barn when you have a scripted workout that should have been a clue. At least he hasn't had a Butt Fumble so he has that going for him.

I have a golfing buddy we call Academy. When he has a short shot with a wedge in his hand he folds like cheap tent.

Bridgewater is simply not good under pressure.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:47 pm

Seems to be official now - finally. :)