Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Re: Bridgewater

Postby ericanadian » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:32 pm

JFever wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:08 am "lack of dominant teams in the NFC"?

NFC - Minnesota, Phili, N.O., Carolina, L.A., Atlanta
AFC - N.E., Pit, KC, Jack, Ten, Buf

Which of the two divisions has fewer "dominant" teams?
What's your point here, exactly? I made no such comparison between the conferences. The Vikes play in the NFC which makes it much more relevant to the Vikes chances and why it was higlighted in my comments.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Jfever
Legend
Legend

Postby Jfever » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:54 pm

Thought my point was clear sorry. I think the NFC has in reality 6 very good teams, all of which could advance and win the whole thing. I have major doubts about the Eagles winning there first game with Foles and what appeared to be a defense with some weaknesses as of late. So, when you say "lack of dominant teams in the NFC" it makes little sense to me. The NFC playoff teams seem to be on avg a tier above most of the AFC playoff squads, so, (your comment) more applies to the AFC in my opinion. There, in the AFC you have 2 teams that look to be close to dominant with 4 less, or far less than dominant.
Truth is found through Evidence.

Science is the poetry of reality.

* Reality (as defined by Webster's dictionary) - A word for things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional ideal of them.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:45 am

Not sure if it's been mentioned but the rumor floating around is that Shurmur and Keenum are a package deal for any team hiring him as HC.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:37 am

Little news bite came out that the Vikings seem to be floating the idea (read: are hopeful) that Teddy could be blocked entry to free agency.

Am I the only one that thinks there is still hope for this guy or am I on a lonely island?
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson

Shoreline Steamers
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Shoreline Steamers » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:14 am

btv802 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:37 am Little news bite came out that the Vikings seem to be floating the idea (read: are hopeful) that Teddy could be blocked entry to free agency.

Am I the only one that thinks there is still hope for this guy or am I on a lonely island?
Yeah, I was reading about this today. Basically the CBA states that if a player in the final year of their contract is on the reserve/PUP list for the first six games of that season then their contract tolls to the next season. So he may be under team control for 2018, but it sounds like it's not definitive yet. Maybe some sort of hearing, or appeal?

While the Vikings didn't pick up Teddy's 5th-year option, they may have known that by keeping him on the PUP for the first six weeks that this would be the eventual outcome. If it comes to pass, they'll have a QB option for 2018 at a reasonable price, then can decided who else to bring in at QB for next year.

Not saying that Minnesota did anything backhanded or dishonest. Just protecting their interests under the rules if this is in fact the reason for keeping Bridgewater on the PUP as long as they did in 2017.
14 Team, No-PPR, 20 Man Roster, TD Heavy, TD = 6, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, B. Purdy, T. Lance
RB: J. Mixon, N. Chubb, A. Dillon, J. Cook, K. Mitchell, J. McLaughlin, Z. Evans
WR: J. Chase, C. Godwin, D. Johnson, J. Reed, C. Tillman
TE: TJ Hockenson, D. Njoku, B. Jordan

14 Team, .5 PPR, 18 Man Roster, Rush/Rec TD = 6, Pass TD = 4, FG = 3, Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K, D
QB: L. Jackson, T. Tagovailoa
RB: B. Robinson, K. Walker, R. Stevenson, K. Herbertl
WR: C. Olave, T. Higgins, B. Aiyuk, N. Collins, Z. Flowers, M. Mims
TE: K. Pitts, D. Njoku

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:19 am

Rick Spielman & the Vikings want the NFL & NFLPA to rule on this soon so they can deflect the blame of tolling the contract to them, so not on the team.

I don't think Teddy will be happy if that happens. If I were the Vikings, I'd make the decision to give him a new contract this offseason or let him walk. Bad blood is not good.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:33 pm

I roster Teddy and have generally always liked him. I've been trying to quantify that...to come up with reasons to not cut him from my dynasty roster. Here are some interesting things about Teddy's limited resume as an exceptionally young passer in this league.

I was toying around with Pro Footbal Reference and came up with this search to put him in context with his true cohorts:
"For combined seasons, from 1920 to 2017, from 1st to 2nd season, age 23 or younger, played QB, sorted by descending Passing Yds"

2nd all time in completion percentage
9th all time in passing yards
9th all time in interception rate
20th all time in passing TDs
21st all time in yards/attempt

So despite what seemed like poor numbers, historically his stats in his first two years in the league were all actually quite good for QBs that entered the league that young and started right away.

Additionally I was trying to find really good QBs that on the surface had seemingly not stellar beginnings to their career but went on to big things and came across Drew Brees. Unlike Teddy, Brees actually got to sit his first year in the league so he had a bit of an advantage over Teddy.

I present the average stats of both Brees and Teddy in their first two years as full time starters in the NFL. Can you tell me who is who?

Answer: Brees was the worse one

Just having some fun it, feel free to rip it apart but perhaps some food for thought to all the Teddy haters out there.
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS

slaughterrt
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby slaughterrt » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:20 pm

With all of these QB-needy teams, Teddy is a hold (in a superflex or 2QB especially). If he leaves, then I’m sure there are some teams that will bring him in to at least give him a shot. If he stays, then he will be the only QB under contract so far.

ascherb
Starter
Starter

Postby ascherb » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:41 am

Minnesota homer here.

He is beloved in Minnesota, and I know many people who want the Vikings to re-sign him to be the guy in favor of Keenum.

The main thing Teddy backers bring up is the fact that his lack of statistical production is due to the terrible offensive line play as well as the presence of Adrian Peterson. It was well publicized that AP couldn’t run out of shotgun formations for whatever reason, so combined with the offense’s general reliance on AP, Teddy was never really allowed to show what he has, the argument goes.

In 2015, the Vikings went 11-5, and Bridgewater is given way more credit for that locally in Minnesota than he deserves in my opinion. That season, games were won by that defense as well as AP (leading rusher in NFL that year) and special teams.

But if you dare to question Bridgewater’s ability to be more than a game manager, people locally here will fall over themselves to decree that Bridgewater DEFINITELY would have succeeded if he had the O-line play, weapons and coaching that the 2017 Vikings were able to enjoy for the majority of the season.

For me, I’ve watched every NFL game Bridgewater has started and I’m just not that impressed.

His arm is just okay, and he doesn’t have the confidence or ability (not sure which) to put the ball up and trust his WRs to make plays. Instead, he will hold the ball until a WR becomes wide open. There were a lot of times Teddy held the ball too long and got sacked, but the blame went to the offensive line. No anticipation throws, no tight window throws.

Very good leader, and his teammates and coaches LOVE him, so he has the intangible qualities to be a franchise QB, I just don’t think he has the talent to be much more than a caretaker type QB. Probably will end up as a high end backup.
Please give us a visit for awesome FF content:

extrapointff.com

Friction
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Friction » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:27 am

In regards to the Teddy backers, that is pretty spot on. Though, I feel that the raw amount of backers has declined nearly 90% since that season. Now most of those people are falling over themselves to not back him. Flavor of the month AKA Keenum was able to do that. Who it will be after that solely depends on who they sign. If Keenum gets shipped out, he was a bum and a fluke. If he gets retained, he is the real deal. Same with Teddy, the majority are against him now and it will be fairly split if there is a commitment to him, as a good portion of those who have turned on the ol game manager will reveal some optimism and loyalty to the team. Yes, the backers are still practicing the well-known stop, drop, and blow that was perfected locally after the Favre signing. I personally have never been a fan of Ruxpin, but did think he was a decent value pick where they got him and worth the risk at the time. I think the offense takes a slight step back regardless, albeit not a big one, since playmakers are there still.
Valhalla's Father
12 Team 1PPR 1QB/1-3RB/1-3 WR/1TE/1DST
QB:Brady
RB: Barkley, Chubb, Jacobs, Henry, Mack, Etienne
WR: Nuk, Thielen, Cooks, Diontae, Pittman, Gallup
TE: Henry

j2cain
Practice Squad
Practice Squad

Postby j2cain » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:41 am

Teddy is worth a stab in 2 qb...but I'm not expecting much. He wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire before his injury

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:49 am

j2cain wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:41 am Teddy is worth a stab in 2 qb...but I'm not expecting much. He wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire before his injury
He wasn't lighting it up, but he was ramping up and was in an offense that was very conservative & short on talent. One of his strengths was decision making, so he didn't turn it over much but also wasn't putting up big numbers. Can't say that'll change, but I don't think we've seen his ceiling yet.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

Balzac
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Balzac » Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:12 am

Pac_Eddy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:49 am
j2cain wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:41 am Teddy is worth a stab in 2 qb...but I'm not expecting much. He wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire before his injury
He wasn't lighting it up, but he was ramping up and was in an offense that was very conservative & short on talent. One of his strengths was decision making, so he didn't turn it over much but also wasn't putting up big numbers. Can't say that'll change, but I don't think we've seen his ceiling yet.
This. Last time Teddy played the offense wasn't very good at all. I think he would have done just as well as Keenum this year, Bradford too. I'm torn on who I want to lead the team. I would be happy with any of the three, though Keenum is my least favorite to lead.
10 Team TE Premium, Dynasty Year 6 - (1QB, 1RB, 1WR, 1TE, 3FLEX, 1K, 1DEF)
http://www57.myfantasyleague.com/2017/o ... =07&F=0002

12 Team .5PPR, Dynasty Year 4 - (1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 3FLEX)
https://www66.myfantasyleague.com/2017/ ... =07&F=0011

Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Blueboy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:01 am

Bridgewater was showing growth in his first two starts, and in a situation I didn't like. I think of him similarly to Trubisky... I want to see what he can do on a better offense.

The reason I'm buying Bridgewater in SF/2QB is because of the determination he's shown, though. What it took for him to come back from that injury is astounding.

12-team SF, PPR, TE premium, 0.25 PPCarry
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Mahomes, Fields, Love
RB: Bijan, ETN, Pollard, Achane, Herbert
WR: Kupp, Hill, Metcalf, Ridley, Jeudy, D.J. M, Burks, Hollywood, Wan'Dale
TE: Kyle Pitts, Goedert

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Teddy Bridgewater

Postby playa_hata » Tue May 29, 2018 7:39 am

Anyone else getting a little excited hearing this bridgewater news? possibly being the jets starter this year or being traded to qb needy team? I own a share of teddy and this news is a sliver of hope for me. I picked him up for next to nothing if he could land a starting gig that would be a huge win for us in superflex leagues who stashed him/picked up for cheap. Should I not be looking into this that much?
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton