Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Re: Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater?

Postby krtbuckeye » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:27 am

Pullo Vision wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:44 pm With Darnold traded to Carolina, there's talk of Bridgewater getting dealt. One of the comments was Carolina potentially leaning on him to restructure. This post here about the out after this year is interesting. It'd be fun if he returned to NO, ignoring their cap issues for the moment.
That would be fun if he went back to NO! It would further muddy up that QB situation, and I don’t dislike them or anything, I just think it would be interesting to see how it would play out between he, Winston, and Hill.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:00 am

There is a connection in Denver, as the GM there was the asst GM when Bridgewater was drafted. Whether or not that means anything we'll see. It would make sense (to me at least) for Carolina to hold onto Teddy until Darnold has shown the job is his for the longer term (and rather than just the immediate starter). It has been shown in recent history how valuable a proven starting QB in your backup role can be, and right now Carolina is in that enviable position while some teams are having to try to patch things together.

Besides Denver teams I think could be potential fits for a longer term role in the future (assuming they choose not to draft a QB to develop).

Atlanta
Minnesota
New England
New York Giants
Tampa Bay
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:55 am

The Bears could use a QB with starter upside. Bridgewater looks like the type that will be in the league for a long long time as a higher end backup.

He is about as exciting as Dalton.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:52 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:00 am There is a connection in Denver, as the GM there was the asst GM when Bridgewater was drafted. Whether or not that means anything we'll see. It would make sense (to me at least) for Carolina to hold onto Teddy until Darnold has shown the job is his for the longer term (and rather than just the immediate starter). It has been shown in recent history how valuable a proven starting QB in your backup role can be, and right now Carolina is in that enviable position while some teams are having to try to patch things together.

Besides Denver teams I think could be potential fits for a longer term role in the future (assuming they choose not to draft a QB to develop).

Atlanta
Minnesota
New England
New York Giants
Tampa Bay
Good points. I'll throw out Seattle, if Wilson isn't with the team. Bridgewater seems the type who'd kowtow to Carroll's run first offense.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:32 am

Ice wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:55 am The Bears could use a QB with starter upside. Bridgewater looks like the type that will be in the league for a long long time as a higher end backup.

Why pay another QB good money to be in a meh trio though? Dalton and Foles both have a 10M dead cap hit so I doubt they'd move either. Doesn't seem like a smart move for Chicago but they haven't been full of those so maybe you're on to something.

I do think he's probably a quality backup for a while

krtbuckeye
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby krtbuckeye » Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:40 am

ArrylT wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:00 am There is a connection in Denver, as the GM there was the asst GM when Bridgewater was drafted. Whether or not that means anything we'll see. It would make sense (to me at least) for Carolina to hold onto Teddy until Darnold has shown the job is his for the longer term (and rather than just the immediate starter). It has been shown in recent history how valuable a proven starting QB in your backup role can be, and right now Carolina is in that enviable position while some teams are having to try to patch things together.

Atlanta
Minnesota
New England
New York Giants
Tampa Bay
Nice connection on Denver, I didn't realize that. I could see him being a guy that Belichick would like as insurance or to push Cam a bit.
The Highwaymen
🏆 2020, 2021, 2022
🥈 2018, 2019

10 Team SF, PPR, Roster: 33+2 IR+2 Taxi
Start: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, SF, FLX (RB/WR), K, 2 DL, LB, 2 DB, 2 IDP FLX

**IDP scoring is TKL heavy (1.0 solo and asst), no QBH or TFL.**

QB: Josh Allen, Jalen Hurts
RB: Jahmyr Gibbs, D’Andre Swift, Jerome Ford, Khalil Herbert, Jaleel McLaughlin, Ty Chandler, Michael Carter, Isaiah Spiller, Chase Brown, Evan Hull (IR), Sean Tucker
WR: Amon-Ra St. Brown, DeVonta Smith, Tee Higgins, Jordan Addison, Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Josh Palmer, Demario Douglas, Alec Pierce, Michael Wilson, Jalin Hyatt, Kayshon Boutte (Taxi)
TE: Sam LaPorta, Trey McBride
K: Jake Elliott
DL: Danielle Hunter, Aiden Hutchinson, Jaelan Phillips (IR)
LB: Bobby Wagner, Jordyn Brooks, Logan Wilson, Ernest Jones
DB: Derwin James, Brian Branch

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:47 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:32 am
Ice wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:55 am The Bears could use a QB with starter upside. Bridgewater looks like the type that will be in the league for a long long time as a higher end backup.

Why pay another QB good money to be in a meh trio though? Dalton and Foles both have a 10M dead cap hit so I doubt they'd move either. Doesn't seem like a smart move for Chicago but they haven't been full of those so maybe you're on to something.

Why did the Eagles eat 30 plus million on Wentz? Obviously, I doubt they go after him but they could if they actually think he is better than what they actually have today.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:42 pm

Ice wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:47 pm
Jigga94 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:32 am

Why did the Eagles eat 30 plus million on Wentz? Obviously, I doubt they go after him but they could if they actually think he is better than what they actually have today.
I mean the draft picks helped. The Eagles like Hurts as well. I think he has more upside than the 3 in conversation (Teddy, Dalton, Foles), but id also say that about Wentz.

I also agree if they think Teddy is an upgrade, then go get him if he's cheap enough. I'm just not of the opinion that Teddy is a clear upgrade

problemsolver
Starter
Starter

Postby problemsolver » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:04 am

krtbuckeye wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:40 am

Atlanta
Minnesota
New England
New York Giants
Tampa Bay
Nice connection on Denver, I didn't realize that. I could see him being a guy that Belichick would like as insurance or to push Cam a bit.
He actually seems like a guy who would be better suited to running a Patriots style offense than Cam. And if Bargain Hunter Belichick can get him on the cheap, even better.

NWABCS
Captain
Captain

Bridgewater traded to Denver

Postby NWABCS » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:02 am

So how does this look for Sutton, Jeudy, Gordon, and Fant?
12 team
1/2 PPR
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1 R/W/T, 3W/T, 1SF, 1K, 1 DEF

QB: Mahomes, Burrow, Lawrence
RB: Bijan Robinson, J. Taylor, Etienne, B. Hall, Roschon Johnson, Najee
WR/TE: J. Jefferson, D. Samuel, AJ Brown, DJ Moore, J. Chase, Waddle, Nico Collins, Rashee Rice
K: Butker
DEF: Bills
2024 picks: 1.11, 3.04
2025 picks: 1st, two 2nds

12 team
1/2 ppr
Start: 1QB, 2RB, 1R/W/T, 3 W/T, 1SF

QB: Mahomes, Josh Allen, Aidan O'Connell, Mason Rudolph
RB: Javonte Williams, Barkley, Etienne, J. Warren, D. Foreman, K. Herbert, N. Harris, Chris Rodriguez
WR/TE: D. Adams, DJ Moore, DK Metcalf, Waddle, Pittman, Drake London, ARSB, Mark Andrews
2024 picks: 1.04, 2.01, 2.12, 3.05, 3.11, 4.04, 4.09, 5.05, 5.07
2025 picks: two 2nds

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Bridgewater traded to Denver

Postby abloom » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:03 am

They're probably really disappointed that this means the broncos will likely not try to trade up for a rookie QB.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, Fields, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens, wilson
T: Kelce, Goedert, Thomas, woods
D: cle, nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson, Browning, Rudolph, Zappe
R: Swift, Walker, Dobbins, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen, Nuk, Tre tucker, C Samuel,
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2023/ ... =0009&O=01

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:17 am

Bridgewater was also bad last year, but he's a little better than Lock

Bronco Billy
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Bronco Billy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:42 am

That’s just stupid IMO. DEN has all sorts of artillery so they add a guy who is marginally (and a thin margin at that) better than the crappy QB they already have? How does that improve the team in any meaningful way?

If you take one truckload of sh!t and dump it on top of another truckload of sh!t it doesn’t suddenly turn into gold. It’s just twice as much sh!t.

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:56 am

Bronco Billy wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:42 am That’s just stupid IMO. DEN has all sorts of artillery so they add a guy who is marginally (and a thin margin at that) better than the crappy QB they already have? How does that improve the team in any meaningful way?

If you take one truckload of sh!t and dump it on top of another truckload of sh!t it doesn’t suddenly turn into gold. It’s just twice as much sh!t.
They've said all off-season that they're high on Lock's potential and they wanted to bring in competition.

This is "competition". It cost them a 6th round pick + 3 mill in cap space for a high end backup, potential bridge QB.

This is a great move by the Broncos.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 11:59 am

I don't think this means the Broncos won't still draft a QB in the first round.

That is a low price to pay in draft picks, and the Panthers restructured Teddy's contract to pay more of his salary. The Broncos are giving a 6th and very little in salary cap space.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.