Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater?

Postby ajmyk » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:16 pm

It somehow gone unnoticed, in a week loaded with fantasy events, but Teddy Bridgewater just had a nearly flawless game vs Miama solid passing defense.

Fantasy-wise it wasn't much as they ran most of the play, but football-wise he was great out there.
Did someone here watch the game and didn't think that he played at an elite level ?
Even the intereception wasn't his fault?

I wasn't big on him this season, didn't like his poor arm strength making him INT-prone.
But I was really impressed. And now i could definitely anoint him as the best QB of his rookie class.

This come after constant progress this last month.
He's completing over 70% of his passes in each of his last 4 games. And passer rating is going up too.
I think he's simply maturing and on his way to become a decent-at-worst QB.
Should be even better next year with more experience.

What do you think ?
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Re: Bridgewater late rise

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:23 pm

I don't think many people were in grey areas with the rookie QBs this season. You either loved them or hated them.

I loved (love) Teddy.

This doesn't surprise me at all.

__

Admittedly, I also loved Bortles and look where that's at.

Jason3123
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Jason3123 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:53 pm

I love Teddy. He had 3 great seasons at Louisville, had 1 bad pro day and everybody wrote him off.

He's been pretty good the last 5-6 games, on a team that doesn't have a ton of offensive talent. I think his future's bright.

In dynasty, I traded Ahmad Bradshaw straight up for him back in like week 4.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:04 pm

I watched the whole game. There was a bad call or he had another TD pass. It was called down on the one.

The way he slides in the pocket is unreal for a rookie. He feels pressur and slides up while still trying to make throws. His accuracy was very good. I own him in one and I'm going to try and buy everywhere else.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:11 pm

Teddy is looking really good for a rookie. I think the game is slowing down for him. As others have said, he's had interceptions from tips and bad calls erasing TDs. He had a couple bad picks against the Lions.

I hope AP is back next year, that'll take some pressure off. Overall I'm excited to see how he develops. He is always so calm and unflappable - the anti Ponder.
Not all that counts can be counted. Not all that can be counted counts.

the_future
All Pro
All Pro

Postby the_future » Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:57 pm

I tried to shed as much light as I could on these forums after the Rookie draft but ESPN got in too many peoples heads with his "poor Pro Day".

The fact that Teddy fell behind Bortles and Johnny amazed me when it happened and i'll never understand how there are people with actual jobs that get paid a great deal of money that actually thought Bortles and Johnny were better NFL prospects…

Teddy and Bortles played the same competition for 3 years in the Big East/AAC. Teddy was setting completion percentage records and putting up remarkable numbers (and wins) on an offense that would't let him post huge numbers. The offense was run first and if he had 1 year with Bobby P. many records would have been broken.

Teddy's football IQ was the best I have ever seen in college along with Luck. His demeanor is one that GM's and coaches would die for in a player and he is easily one of the toughest QB's I have ever seen. Remember when John Bostic had one of the biggest college hits we have ever seen in the Sugar Bowl on Teddy? Teddy got up and proceeded to torch a star studded #4 ranked defense of Florida.

Teddy was ranked the #1 QB 2 years ago and was the #1 QB this year until his Pro day. The fact that he fell to 32 because he didn't wear a glove on his hand for a few hours absolutely amazes me.

I apologize for the semi rant but Teddy has been underrated his entire career and is an absolute star in the making. He took a terrible offense featuring Matt Asiata, Chase Ford, and an undrafted young WR who couldn't even make the Browns roster and turned his team into one that competes until the very end every single week.

And he does have the arm strength. Threw up plenty of bombs at U of L. He just prefers to move the offense with his decision making. He never locks on to a single WR or progression and is one of the top QB's i have ever seen on 3rd down.

I may be a homer but I have also seen every single one of his games since he was a freshman at U of L and the kid is special.

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:32 pm

As a Vikings fan I was thrilled when Teddy's pro day killed his value. I don't understand how people can lower his value so much after such a nice college career. Getting him at 32 was a coup.

BlackOmega
All Pro
All Pro

Postby BlackOmega » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:23 pm

Pac_Eddy wrote:As a Vikings fan I was thrilled when Teddy's pro day killed his value. I don't understand how people can lower his value so much after such a nice college career. Getting him at 32 was a coup.
I remember when they announced the trade during the draft for the 32nd pick and immediately thought it was the Vikes coming back in to grab Teddy. Best moment of day 1 last year!

Pac_Eddy
Legend
Legend

Postby Pac_Eddy » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:40 pm

BlackOmega wrote:
Pac_Eddy wrote:As a Vikings fan I was thrilled when Teddy's pro day killed his value. I don't understand how people can lower his value so much after such a nice college career. Getting him at 32 was a coup.
I remember when they announced the trade during the draft for the 32nd pick and immediately thought it was the Vikes coming back in to grab Teddy. Best moment of day 1 last year!
I remember that too. Spielman & the Vikes have made a couple trades in the bottom of the first. Getting that fifth year option on a QB is a shrewd move IMO. This particular trade made my day.

MacLeod
Role Player
Role Player

Postby MacLeod » Mon Dec 22, 2014 8:50 pm

I don't know enough about football to make a meaningful analysis of Bridgewater...but I do know when the ball looks pretty coming out of someone's hand...and it looks pretty coming out of his hand. Right there with how it looks coming out of Brady and Rodgers' hands. imo
12 team league (1qb, 1rb, 2wr, 1te, 1flx, 1k, 1dst) Contract system $104 cap
QB: Rodgers (6/$13.75), Cousins (2/$2)
RB: Peterson (2/$20), T Gurley (2/$2R), L Murray (1/$2), D Williams (2/$3), J Ajayi (3/$2), D Washington (3/$2)
WR: D Bryant (1/$8.15), M Evans (1/$1R), J Matthews (1/$0.5R), A Robinson (1/$0.5R),
D Moncrief (1/$0.5R), D Parker (1/$0.5R), E Decker (3/$3), J Doctson (3/$1R), C Meredith (3/$2)
TE: D Walker (2/$1), L Green (2/$2), G Barnidge (3/$2)
K: S Hauschka (3/$3)
DST: Buffalo (1/$3), Philadelphia (2/$3), KC (3/$3)

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:31 am

I've always liked Bridgewater's floor. It's easily the best out of this year's crop of rookie QBs.

His ceiling isn't anything special, but I think he definitely has a solid shot of being a career-long mid-range QB1 in fantasy, albeit no better than that.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

ajmyk
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby ajmyk » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:44 am

What's limiting his ceiling in your opinion ?
1. 14-teamer, .5 PPR, 2 Flex, 16 keepers
QB :Palmer, Bridgewater, RG3
RB : Gurley, Hyde, Yeldon, McKinnon
WR: Dez, Jeffery, Evans, Watkins, Marshall, Diggs, Sharpe
TE : Eifert, ASJ,
IDP : Mosley, Olegtree, Collins &Stuff

2. 12-teamer, standard, 6 PTD, full dynasty
QB: Rodgers, Bortles, Petty
RB : McCoy, Forsett, Spiller, Lewis, KRob, Ridley, Haynes
WR : Julio, AJ Green, Tate, Latimer, Lee
TE : Gronk , Hill, Chandler

JoshGordonsDealer
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby JoshGordonsDealer » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:07 am

ajmyk wrote:What's limiting his ceiling in your opinion ?
Consistent top 8 finishes. I guarantee you the Vikings will draft around him this year. His stats may not pop out, but his poise and maturity do. He just needs an offense around him, as I think the only suitable WR he's throwing to is Charles Johnson.

JSylvester87
Role Player
Role Player

Postby JSylvester87 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:45 am

Teddy will be starting over Romo for me this week in the championship. Hopefully it turns out well!
War Eagle - 16 Team, going into year 9

1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 TE/WR, 1K, 1D
QB: Patrick Mahomes, Dwayne Haskins, Mason Rudolph
RB: Le’Veon Bell, Dalvin Cook, Kerryon Johnson, Tony Pollard, Malcolm Brown
WR: JuJu Smith-Schuster, Odell Beckham, Michael Gallup, Sammy Watkins, Antonio Callaway
TE: Mark Andrews, Eric Ebron, Tyler Higbee
K: Will Lutz
D: Bears D
Champion 2012, 2013 , 2014 runner up, 2019 runner up.

balaberda
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby balaberda » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:36 am

I think the firsr thing you worry about is a qbs floor. He is proving he will stick for a while.

His ceiling has no thing to do with his physical tools. He has enough to be elite.

It will be his head and his hours studying if he ends up being elite. What I love is that he is doing this without weapons. Add some weapons and if he studies the game why can't he be elite?