Thoughts on Teddy Bridgewater?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Teddy Bridgewater

Postby Phaded » Tue May 29, 2018 7:40 am

Honestly - I like Teddy B and I'm rooting for him because of his story..
But even before his injury; it's not like he was spectacular.
Hard to be excited about him from a fantasy perspective, am I excited for the guy in real life? Sure.

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Tue May 29, 2018 7:44 am

Phaded wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:40 am Honestly - I like Teddy B and I'm rooting for him because of his story..
But even before his injury; it's not like he was spectacular.
Hard to be excited about him from a fantasy perspective, am I excited for the guy in real life? Sure.
Im really just talking about superflex leagues only where qbs are king. To me even if he turned into a byeweek filler i would be super happy. not talking bout counting on him to be my qb1 or 2.
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

Phaded
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Phaded » Tue May 29, 2018 7:55 am

I got that - and even in a SF league I do not think he holds much value; still not really any reason to be excited.

It's although worth noting the fluff piece comes from a Jets beat writer and the Jets basically abandoned him when drafting Darnold. Reeks of trying to kick up a trade market for a cut candidate.

playa_hata
All Pro
All Pro

Postby playa_hata » Tue May 29, 2018 8:09 am

Phaded wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:55 am I got that - and even in a SF league I do not think he holds much value; still not really any reason to be excited.

It's although worth noting the fluff piece comes from a Jets beat writer and the Jets basically abandoned him when drafting Darnold. Reeks of trying to kick up a trade market for a cut candidate.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2778 ... ing-league
12 team PPR SuperFlex start 9 (Same for each team)

TM1
QB: Rodgers, Rivers, Dak, Dalton, Smith
RB: Zeke, CMC, Jacobs, Chubb, Gore, Dearnest
WR: Davante Adams, Tyreek, Fuller, Aj Brown, AB, MVS, Fulgham, Ward, Fitz, Beasley, amendola, zaccheus
TE: Ertz, Engram, Fells

TM2
QB: Rodgers, Baker, Stafford, Bridgewater
RB:Kamara, Chubb, Hunt, Singletary
WR:M Evans,D Adams,Kupp, AJ brown, lockett, sanders,miller, Patrick, Robinson, Hamilton, Lasley, D.Robinson, Trey Quinn, Scantling, agholor
TE: Kelce, Rudolph, Irv smith, gronk, Burton

btv802
All Pro
All Pro

Postby btv802 » Tue May 29, 2018 9:08 am

I am also a big Teddy fan but why would all of the QB needy teams that passed on him in free agency trade for him now? Not like he cost much for any of those teams to take a swing on. Also, where is he going to go that is a better immediate opportunity for playing time other than NYJ where he's competing with a journeyman vet and a rookie?
GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS
12 Teams - 24 Active - 4 IR - 4 Taxi - 1pt PPR, 6pt Pass TDs, No INTs - 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2FLX
QB: R. Wilson, T. Brady, K. Cousins
RB: M. Gordon, D. Cook, T. Coleman, J. McKinnon, I. Smith
WR: B. Cooks, J. Jones, A.J. Green, S. Watkins, M. Williams, M. Valdes-Scantling, J. Ross, M. Lee, T. Taylor, P. Richardson
TE: T. Kelce, D. Njoku, J. Smith
TAXI: B. Snell, M. Weber, K. Warring
2021: 3rd, 3rd, 4th

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue May 29, 2018 9:45 am

btv802 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 9:08 am I am also a big Teddy fan but why would all of the QB needy teams that passed on him in free agency trade for him now? Not like he cost much for any of those teams to take a swing on. Also, where is he going to go that is a better immediate opportunity for playing time other than NYJ where he's competing with a journeyman vet and a rookie?
I agree. I think the Jets hold him and nothing happens unless there's something like a Tannehill re-injury or something along those lines.

sugbear65
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby sugbear65 » Tue May 29, 2018 10:52 am

In superflex,2qb he makes for a fine hold if you got the room for him and need to take a flier at QB. But I wouldn’t say it’s time to be excited for him, I seriously doubt he sees many, if any, snaps this year as a starting QB.

ninotoreS
Legend
Legend

Postby ninotoreS » Tue May 29, 2018 11:01 am

I think Teddy will be one of the league's best backup QBs. Perhaps his career will follow a Josh McCown or Case Keenum sort of arc.

That's all he is, though. If the Jets release or trade him, he isn't going to be another team's starter in '18. It's too late for that this year.
"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure."
- Sun Tzu, 469 BCE

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue May 29, 2018 11:27 am

ninotoreS wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:01 am I think Teddy will be one of the league's best backup QBs. Perhaps his career will follow a Josh McCown or Case Keenum sort of arc.

That's all he is, though. If the Jets release or trade him, he isn't going to be another team's starter in '18. It's too late for that this year.
Unless that seemingly yearly preseason injury happens...

thebeast
Legend
Legend

Postby thebeast » Tue May 29, 2018 11:36 am

ninotoreS wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:01 am I think Teddy will be one of the league's best backup QBs. Perhaps his career will follow a Josh McCown or Case Keenum sort of arc .

Sam Bradford?

Valhalla
Legend
Legend

Postby Valhalla » Tue May 29, 2018 11:38 am

thebeast wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:36 am
ninotoreS wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:01 am I think Teddy will be one of the league's best backup QBs. Perhaps his career will follow a Josh McCown or Case Keenum sort of arc .

Sam Bradford?
I hope not. Sad when a player just can't stay healthy enough to show his worth.

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Tue May 29, 2018 1:19 pm

Phaded wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:55 am I got that - and even in a SF league I do not think he holds much value; still not really any reason to be excited.

This is what I think too. Even in the article they say "Would be a great #2 guy to compete for the #1 job"

If that was really the case, why wouldn't Jets have him be their young hopefuly with McCown the "good enough if needed" QB to start the season and they use their early draft pick on something else or sell it? Jets are hoping to be able to sell Teddy now that they replaced him with Darnold

It would be amazing if Teddy beat out McCown for the starting job, and then held off Darnold all year. That'd be great lol
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

hockeyBjj
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby hockeyBjj » Wed May 30, 2018 1:24 pm

*Puts on tinfoil hat*

Teddy B starts the season over Josh McCown and looks very good. People wondering if Darnold will get any playing time with him in there

Giants have a decent team with Barkley and OBJ, but Eli is just a dumpster fire and clearly they should have drafted rookie QB in the last draft

Jets happily trade Teddy to the Giants for a 2nd or 3rd so that they can start their beloved Darnold, and Giants now how a capable and young QB. New York win-win

*Removes tinfoil hat*
Team 1- 10 team ppr, 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flx, 1D, 1K
2022: 1-8
Finishes: 6th, 6th, 1st, 5th, 6th, 9th
QB: Lamar Jackson, Purdy
RB: Bijan, Dobbins, Achane, Charbonnet, Algier, McBride, waiver trash
WR: JSN, QJ, Addison, Dotson, Skyy Moore, Jameson Williams, Hyatt, T Dell, Boutte, Skowronek, Quez Watkins, Greg Dortch, waiver trash
TE: Hockenson, F Monroe, Juwan, Musgrave
D/K: Patriots, Vikings, Saints, Dicker

picks-
2024- 1,1,1,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,5,5
2025 1,1,1,2,3,4,5

team 2- 12 team SF, .5PPR, .5TE boost, 1QB, 1SF, 2 RB, 3WR, 1TE, 2Flex
2022: 8-1
Finishes: 2nd, 2nd, 2nd, 2nd :wall:
QB: Ljax, GenoD Jones, Minshew, Dobbs
RB: CMC, Stevenson, A Jones, Chubb, A Mattison, D cook, Perine, Mckinnon,
WR:Tyreek, Diggs, C Kupp, D Adams, Keenan Allen, Lockett, Gallup, A Lazard, Hodgins
TE: Kelce, LaPorta, Irv Smith,
No picks until 2026 5th rounder lol

WhatWouldDitkaDo
GOAT
GOAT

Postby WhatWouldDitkaDo » Wed May 30, 2018 1:32 pm

FYI: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... e-via-otas

Personally I think it would make sense for WAS to trade a mid-round pick for Bridgewater to develop behind Alex Smith.
Kittles Pox | Championships: 2015, 2017
12-Team PPR | QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, W/R/T, K, DST
QB: Kyler Murray, Aaron Rodgers
RB: Christian McCaffrey, Melvin Gordon, James Conner, Phillip Lindsay, Tevin Coleman, Boston Scott, Benny Snell Jr.
WR: Tyreek Hill, Mike Evans, Cooper Kupp, Michael Gallup, Christian Kirk
TE: George Kittle, Travis Kelce | K: Younghoe Koo | DST: SF
PS: Mecole Hardman, Tony Pollard | 2020 Picks: 1.09, 2.10, 3.03 | 2021 Picks: 1st, 2nd

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Wed May 30, 2018 2:37 pm

hockeyBjj wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:24 pm *Puts on tinfoil hat*

Teddy B starts the season over Josh McCown and looks very good. People wondering if Darnold will get any playing time with him in there

Giants have a decent team with Barkley and OBJ, but Eli is just a dumpster fire and clearly they should have drafted rookie QB in the last draft

Jets happily trade Teddy to the Giants for a 2nd or 3rd so that they can start their beloved Darnold, and Giants now how a capable and young QB. New York win-win

*Removes tinfoil hat*
I think the Jags are a much more likely destination for a trade. Bortles is unlikely to be any good and if the Jags defense continues to dominate and Fournette stays healthy, Bridgewater makes a whole lot of sense in that offense.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker