2020 GEDL Rookie Draft

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Re: 2020 GEDL Rookie Draft

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:55 am

smbkrypt24 wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:56 pm
clarion contrarion wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:41 pm Indiana Icepicks here and I joined last off season through a dispersal draft - then did an immediate tear down and have 23 picks so Bot101 and others will surely has some fun at my expense . This league has unlimited off season rosters(the only way way to run a dynasty league ) so I loaded up on picks and need help pretty much across the board . With 3 top 7 picks and 7 or the top 21 this is a great class to build a foundation. Mark is a terrific commish and the graphics and his repsponse time to any league questions or issues is 2nd to none in my 10 going into 11 years of dynasty experience .
I was curious who the Indiana Icepicks were. I live in Indiana born and raised so you have 1 more fan now. Good luck with all your picks.
I will attempt to do the hoosier state proud from here about an hour north of naptown . Woke up all fired up about as the commish dubbed it Garypalooza had a couple offers out for trades and POOF MFL is down for maintenance . So I guess it will be later today when it kicks off.
I doubt I use all 23 picks as it gives me great leverage to A) move up to get someone I just have to have 2) roll the snow ball down hill and build up a war chest for next year or to use in season to shore up in season needs as well .
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
RB mixon cohen chubb aaron jones hunt malcolm brown
TE eifert howard njoku
K tucker DEF pittsburgh chicago
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
2013 2014 2017 & 2018 (Undefeated 15-0 ) WORILDS OF HURT CHAMPION
2010 2014 & 2015 7 Rings for Steeltown CHAMPION 2011 & 2013 7 rings runner up
2018 Experts Dynasty League Champion
there is no after football
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
— Leonardo da Vinci

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:40 am

i would have taken Butler at 1.04 last year if he fell to me. I would have also taken him at 1.01 if i'd had that pick and not traded it.

Further, i would take him in this year's draft much higher than anyone would imagine (i'm guessing).

I'm sure there are other threads on HB but...it does seem reaaaaaaally early for last laughs.
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

Goirish374
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Goirish374 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:30 am

...and MFL is back up!
Dynasty League Football Premium League Almanac:
2020 Champ: me again! (no, for reals!)
2019 Champ: me!
2018 Champ: Qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj
2017 Champ: Irishdoom
2016 Champ: DDT(wakelawyer)
2015 Champ: BigChiefBC

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:55 am

Maryland Mutiny here. This is one of my favorite leagues, as I joined relatively new in my dynasty career and thought that the draft concept was very intriguing. I joined in 2014, and since I wasn't super experienced, I thought trading picks was the prudent play and decided to try to win now since my orphan team had some strong pieces (Peterson, Foster, Nelson, Graham, etc) at the time.

Well, 2014 was a bad year to do that since you didn't miss unless you selected Marquise Lee or a RB basically. I made the playoffs but didn't have a future pick and my team was declining. In 2015 I was able to snag David Johnson in the mid 2nd which was a huge win for me as far as bolstering my roster. I didn't make the playoffs, but decided I was going to tear the team down to the bare bones and I did just that.

In 2016, I drafted Corey Coleman and Kenneth Dixon. Luckily, even though they busted, they had insulated value so I was able to get out on Coleman at the end of 2017 before he lost all value. I only won 3 games in 2016 but had a bunch of picks heading into 2017.

In the 2017 draft, I picked up Corey Davis, Leonard Fournette, Joe Mixon, Mike Williams, O.J. Howard and Alvin Kamara. I still had a rough year but the foundation was being built. I added Derrius Guice the following year, and made some deals to acquire some veterans. I ended up being the #1 seed and winning the league in 2018, literally going worst to first in just 2 years.

Last year, I think I killed the draft as I picked up D.K. Metcalf at 1.05, Miles Sanders and 1.08, and Marquise Brown at 2.01. All three have out performed their draft capital and are budding assets. Due to injuries to a lot of my guys, I missed out on the playoffs by just a spot.

I enter 2020 with a strong, young core of players and have the 1.08, 2.03, and 2.08 as my main source of draft capital. I recently moved 2.11 and T.Y. Hilton to Mark for a future 1st, so I may do a little re-tooling.

All in all, I love this league and it's very fun to go back and look at all the hits and misses. Hopefully, for me, I can get this team back to contending soon!
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:50 pm

Ottawa Ice here.

I had the 1.02 in this league as I took over an orphan last year and am still in the middle of tearing it down.

I think this league, like many leagues, is a key reminder that what happens on the DLF Forums does NOT happen in your leagues as frequently as many would want/hope/expect.

For example the 2020 class has been hyped hyped hyped forever & a day on DLF. However there was very little interest from the owners in GEDL to move up this off-season. Only 2-3 of 13 other owners made any effort to explore moving up &/or buying the pick outright - and honestly I would have, except for a couple of exceptions either moved back or sold it relatively cheaply considering how hyped this 2020 class is on DLF.

Even small move backs that in some leagues in a typical year are looked at like "I CANT BELIEVE YOU MOVED BACK THAT CHEAPLY" were ignored or rejected. So needless to say, no bueno. Sometimes you cannot even sell good merchandise if you're in a bad location.

The point being is that not every league & not every owner places either (a) much value on rookie picks or (b) has a desire to buy them unless it is an absolute steal, and even then they may still say no. That is an important lesson you need to remember.

Anyways because I am in the middle of a long rebuild and because this league drafts before the NFL Draft, I did a 180 from what I normally do in most leagues. If you're following along you'll see the comment.

Personally I am one of the lowest on the 2020 class. If I had a choice of where to start when building a franchise my choices would be

This 2020 class, especially with the covid pandemic delaying rookie development, is likely to end up having a lot of fools gold. Maybe I am not alone in thinking that, and that is why no one was buying. :ewink: :lol:
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:14 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:50 pm Ottawa Ice here.

I had the 1.02 in this league as I took over an orphan last year and am still in the middle of tearing it down.

I think this league, like many leagues, is a key reminder that what happens on the DLF Forums does NOT happen in your leagues as frequently as many would want/hope/expect.

For example the 2020 class has been hyped hyped hyped forever & a day on DLF. However there was very little interest from the owners in GEDL to move up this off-season. Only 2-3 of 13 other owners made any effort to explore moving up &/or buying the pick outright - and honestly I would have, except for a couple of exceptions either moved back or sold it relatively cheaply considering how hyped this 2020 class is on DLF.

Even small move backs that in some leagues in a typical year are looked at like "I CANT BELIEVE YOU MOVED BACK THAT CHEAPLY" were ignored or rejected. So needless to say, no bueno. Sometimes you cannot even sell good merchandise if you're in a bad location.

The point being is that not every league & not every owner places either (a) much value on rookie picks or (b) has a desire to buy them unless it is an absolute steal, and even then they may still say no. That is an important lesson you need to remember.

Anyways because I am in the middle of a long rebuild and because this league drafts before the NFL Draft, I did a 180 from what I normally do in most leagues. If you're following along you'll see the comment.

Personally I am one of the lowest on the 2020 class. If I had a choice of where to start when building a franchise my choices would be

This 2020 class, especially with the covid pandemic delaying rookie development, is likely to end up having a lot of fools gold. Maybe I am not alone in thinking that, and that is why no one was buying. :ewink: :lol:
Our rosters don't matchup well. I have an older contending team and you're rebuilding. I also don't have the draft capital to move up from 11 to 2 this year. Plus I used to move up a lot in this league and generally it always comes back to bite me in the butt. This is a deep class and without landing spots being factored into the mix these truly are lottery tickets at the moment. I'll predict right now that somebody who goes after the top 10 will be a top 3-4 player in the class when we look back on it on it in 3 years.

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:36 pm

8-) from your lips to the fantasy gods ears mark - hopefully a bunch of guys that get drafted in the 18 - 21 range - almost traded with nicholas to get the 1:2 to ensure I got dobbins decided to roll the dice and it worked out the way I hoped.
.....this has been a public service announcement from forum superstar clarion contrarion
QB luck- driskell
WR ant brown evans c davis golladay godwin gordon j washington doctson watson lazard patrick henderson
TE eifert howard njoku
2012 , 2014 2015 2016 2017 & 2018 ACDL Champion 5 IN A ROW 6 in 7 years- now that is dynasty!
2013 ACDL runner up
— Leonardo da Vinci

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:02 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:36 pm 8-) from your lips to the fantasy gods ears mark - hopefully a bunch of guys that get drafted in the 18 - 21 range - almost traded with nicholas to get the 1:2 to ensure I got dobbins decided to roll the dice and it worked out the way I hoped.
I was actually expecting Dobbins to go 1.01

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:10 pm

MARKinMI wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:14 pm Our rosters don't matchup well. I have an older contending team and you're rebuilding. I also don't have the draft capital to move up from 11 to 2 this year. Plus I used to move up a lot in this league and generally it always comes back to bite me in the butt. This is a deep class and without landing spots being factored into the mix these truly are lottery tickets at the moment. I'll predict right now that somebody who goes after the top 10 will be a top 3-4 player in the class when we look back on it on it in 3 years.
I would not bet against that even in a post-NFL draft - simply because situation matters & a lot of people mis-read or mis-judge situation - see AJ Brown / Juju Smith-Schuster / Alvin Kamara.

However I still think the odds are likely it will be 1 player tops after the top 10 and maybe 2-3 others that in a couple of years we'll still be ranking highly.

The rest will likely soon join the ranks of

Sankey / Richardson / Guice / Penny
White / Treadwell / Ross / Lee
etc

At least 50% of the 2020 class or more, like previous classes will end up being considered junk.

But tell that to most DLF Forum owners who believe that the 2020 class is the second coming. Well dont forget the 2021 class (also deemed to be rich in depth) is coming soon is my response! :ewink:

My post is more a reminder that you & the other owners in GEDL and other dynasty leagues are more the norm and not the DLF Forum posters that hype 2020.

Madadamus
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Madadamus » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:15 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:50 pm

I think for being as low as you are on the class to say you didn’t receive strong offers is a bit confusing, unless you were only looking to move down 1-2 spots, then that’s obviously going to limit your partners.
12 Team PPR Dynasty - DLFS
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Burrow, M. Stafford, C. Wentz
RB: S. Barkley, D. Swift, J.K. Dobbins, C. Edwards-Helaire, R. Penny, G. Edwards, K. Drake
WR: T. Higgins, M. Evans, B. Aiyuk, C. Watson, K. Toney, M. Thomas, C. Ridley, C. Davis, J. Reagor
TE: D. Waller, E. Engram, H. Hurst, D. Njoku, G. Dulich, J. Akins
2023 Picks: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (mid), 3rd, 4th, 4th (mid)

12 Team PPR Dynasty
1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 2 RB/WR/TE, 1 QB/RB/WR/TE, 1 TE
QB: J. Herbert, M. Stafford, J. Winston, D. Lock, M. Mariota, J. Stidham, R. Fitzpatrick
RB: C. McCaffrey, A. Kamara, E. Elliott, J. Dobbin, J. Mixon, A. Mattison, J. White, L. Bell
WR: D. Moore, J. Jeudy, O. Beckham Jr., C. Claypool, C. Davis. D. Parker, L. Fitzgerald, B. Perriman, W. Snead
TE: E. Engram, C. Kmet, C. Herndon, K. Warring
2021 Picks: 1.10, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10

Hottoddies
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Hottoddies » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:16 pm

Nice trade, Clarion Contrarion, to land the 1.04 for only 1.07, 2.05, and 3.07. Nice way to use that draft capital.
"Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers." - Socrates

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:32 pm

Hottoddies wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:16 pm Nice trade, Clarion Contrarion, to land the 1.04 for only 1.07, 2.05, and 3.07. Nice way to use that draft capital.
CC loadin’ up :thumbup:

clarion contrarion
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby clarion contrarion » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:54 pm

just moved the 1:6 for allen robinson so added 2 rbs and a quality wr very happy thus far
QB luck- driskell
TE eifert howard njoku
2013 ACDL runner up
— Leonardo da Vinci

MARKinMI
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MARKinMI » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:26 pm

clarion contrarion wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:54 pm just moved the 1:6 for allen robinson so added 2 rbs and a quality wr very happy thus far
That's theft. I'd easily take A-Rob over the guy drafted at 6. You might be on track for the quickest rebuild I've seen lol. If those RBs are what people hope they are you might contend this year

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:03 am

Madadamus wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:15 pm
ArrylT wrote: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:50 pm

I think for being as low as you are on the class to say you didn’t receive strong offers is a bit confusing, unless you were only looking to move down 1-2 spots, then that’s obviously going to limit your partners.
I think you mis-read what I said then. 8-)