Running Back Vulnerability Index

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.

Select all the RBs that you think will see their value decrease significantly after the 2020 Draft

Poll ended at Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:52 pm

Aaron Jones
3%
Austin Ekeler
6%
Devin Singletary
8%
Todd Gurley
5%
Kerryon Johnson
11%
Le'Veon Bell
2%
David Montgomery
2%
Kenyan Drake
2%
Marlon Mack
5%
James Conner
12%
Derrius Guice
2%
Chris Carson
5%
Damien Williams
13%
Darrell Henderson
8%
Ronald Jones
15%

Total votes: 565

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Running Back Vulnerability Index

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:52 pm

I thought it would be interesting to investigate which running backs the community thinks are likely to see a decrease in value following the 2020 draft. The poll only allows for 15 choices, so I went with the 15 guys who I thought would generate the most discussion.

Comment and let us know who you voted for and who you think their team is going to take that will tank their value.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

CGW
Legend
Legend

Re: Running Back Vulnerability Index

Postby CGW » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:57 pm

Jones, Williams, Johnson, and Conner. I think they all add a back in the draft. No clue who takes who where and don't really care...but any competition for any of these guys will be bad for their value.
12 Team | SF | PPR | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Burrow
RB |
WR | Puka, Olave, Smith, Flowers, Dotson, Addison
TE | Pitts, Otton, Bellinger, Likely, Okonkwo
2024 | 1.01, 1.02, 4.01, 5.01
| 1stx3, 3rdx3

10 Team | SF | PPR | 2023 Champ
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, SF

QB | Allen, Stroud, Young
RB | K Williams, White, Monty, Herbert, Chandler
WR | Lamb, AJB, Puka, Waddle, Mooney, J. Williams, Watson, Davis
TE | Andrews, Bellinger, Dulcich
2024 | 1.04, 3.10

12 Team | SF | PPR | 1.5TEP | 6pt pass TD
QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, FL, FL, SF

QB | Herbert Lance
RB | ETN, Pacheco, K Williams, Singletary, Henry, A Jones, Warren
WR | ARSB, Wilson, Olave, DK, Puka, Flowers, Downs,
TE | Hockenson, Likely, Otton

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:25 pm

CGW wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:57 pm Jones, Williams, Johnson, and Conner. I think they all add a back in the draft. No clue who takes who where and don't really care...but any competition for any of these guys will be bad for their value.
X2 I also added Gurley in my selections.

Don't like Rojo, but still think they sign someone...

DaHen is still trash

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:31 pm

Agree with most. KJ is one of the runaways but his value is already depressed and I'm not sure they spend a high enough pick to drive it down significantly further.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:45 pm

Rojo, KJ, Conner, Gurley, Singletary.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:58 pm

Not surprised by the numbers so far. The only one I am a bit surprised at is that so many people think the Rams are going to sink any significant capital with the little they have into a RB when they have so many other holes to fill.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:05 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:58 pm Not surprised by the numbers so far. The only one I am a bit surprised at is that so many people think the Rams are going to sink any significant capital with the little they have into a RB when they have so many other holes to fill.
Agreed. They desperately need offensive line help.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Mjvb5
Legend
Legend

Postby Mjvb5 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:23 pm

I voted Chris Carson as my one different than normal vote. I love Carson, and I think he’ll be a value buy but the seahawks have to bring someone in. He’s iffy for camp and they can’t really medically evaluate him and penny is also projected to be hurt going into the year and they also can’t evaluate him.
They didn’t bring in a low value place holder so I feel like they have to bring a guy in in case Carson is hurt

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:29 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:23 pm I voted Chris Carson as my one different than normal vote. I love Carson, and I think he’ll be a value buy but the seahawks have to bring someone in. He’s iffy for camp and they can’t really medically evaluate him and penny is also projected to be hurt going into the year and they also can’t evaluate him.
They didn’t bring in a low value place holder so I feel like they have to bring a guy in in case Carson is hurt
Penny may also not be ready for camp, correct?

kadun2
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby kadun2 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:38 pm

Mjvb5 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:23 pm I voted Chris Carson as my one different than normal vote. I love Carson, and I think he’ll be a value buy but the seahawks have to bring someone in. He’s iffy for camp and they can’t really medically evaluate him and penny is also projected to be hurt going into the year and they also can’t evaluate him.
Carson was one of my votes for those reasons also.

ericanadian
Legend
Legend

Postby ericanadian » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:50 pm

The problem with most of these guys being included on this list, is that replacement is already baked into most of their values. I don’t think anyone is counting on Rojo leading the backfield next year and his value would only really be impacted if they didn’t bring a guy in.

I’ll add Lindsay in Denver, if only just to throw out a dark horse. The assumption seems to be that it will be a 1A/1B situation with Gordon being Thunder to Lindsay’s Lightning and that Freeman will be the third back on the roster. The talk out of Denver is that there is near zero interest in a Lindsay extension and that Gordon is leading this backfield.

Now, consider that Gordon and Freeman are both under contract until 2022 and that Lindsay will be an RFA in 2021. Are they going to want to have to completely rebuild the backfield in two years? They have three thirds and a fourth and there is solid depth at the position in this draft. Any one of those picks could go to a RB and if that RB happens to have a complete profile or even a receiving back profile, it could further drop Lindsay’s value in a significant way as it becomes clear that he is not in the long term plans for Denver.
All I Der Is Win - 16 Team IDP League (Pass TD 6pts)

QB - Stafford, Stroud, Tune
RB - Swift, Hall, Penny, Bigsby, Ford
WR - Pittman, Olave, Di. Johnson, G. Wilson, J. Williams, Metchie, Robinson, M. Wilson
TE - Okonkwo, Schoonmaker
LB - Brooks, R. Smith, Phillips
DL - Crosby, Allen, Simmons
DB - D. James, Baker, Delpit
K - Just a stupid kicker

Cowboysfan33
Legend
Legend

Postby Cowboysfan33 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:14 pm

I voted for Kerryon, Conner and ROJO. I have traded 2 out of 3 of my shares of Kerryon this offseason so far because I’ve lost faith in him ever staying healthy and “if” they do take a RB, that could be the final blow. I haven’t traded any of my ROJO shares but it’s mainly because no one will offer much and I’d rather gamble that they don’t bring in a high draft pick, because if they don’t, his value should go up.

skinfanjon
Role Player
Role Player

Postby skinfanjon » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:23 pm

ericanadian wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:50 pm The problem with most of these guys being included on this list, is that replacement is already baked into most of their values. I don’t think anyone is counting on Rojo leading the backfield next year and his value would only really be impacted if they didn’t bring a guy in.

I’ll add Lindsay in Denver, if only just to throw out a dark horse. The assumption seems to be that it will be a 1A/1B situation with Gordon being Thunder to Lindsay’s Lightning and that Freeman will be the third back on the roster. The talk out of Denver is that there is near zero interest in a Lindsay extension and that Gordon is leading this backfield.

Now, consider that Gordon and Freeman are both under contract until 2022 and that Lindsay will be an RFA in 2021. Are they going to want to have to completely rebuild the backfield in two years? They have three thirds and a fourth and there is solid depth at the position in this draft. Any one of those picks could go to a RB and if that RB happens to have a complete profile or even a receiving back profile, it could further drop Lindsay’s value in a significant way as it becomes clear that he is not in the long term plans for Denver.
Really like the thought process here and hadn't looked that far ahead myself. It actually makes me wonder if he could be a trade candidate, either this year or next. If that were the case he'd make for a sneaky buy. Pure speculation on my part though. More likely, we've seen the best two years of his career already.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:44 pm

Interesting results so far, and will be intriguing to see how it plays out for sure - less than a month to go!
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Pullo Vision
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Pullo Vision » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:22 pm

I think all of these RBs could see a reduction of value, either BECAUSE of new draftees, or events before the draft (FA signees, contract negotiations). In my book, for a player to see a "significant" value drop, their value must be significant in the first place. I roughly put that at a mid 2nd and decided these players (1) currently have significant value and (2) could see their value drop significantly- Singletary, Gurley, Kerryon, Le'Veon, Conner. I think Singletary is one of the most obvious candidates for this. A team dedicated to the run is losing more than half of its 2019 RB runs. Singletary won't gobble up all those touches.
League #1- 14 tm ppr, 1Q, 2R, 3W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1K
1 DT, 2 DE, 2 LB, 1 CB, 1 S, 1 flex

League #2- 12 team PPR, 1Q, 1R, 2W, 1T, 1 R/W/T, 1 W/R/T, 1 Def

League #3- 12 tm PPR, 1Q, 0R (yes, ZERO RB) 3W, 1T, 2 R/W/T flex, 1 Def