Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
ThunderTung
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

Postby ThunderTung » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:15 am

remedy29 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:58 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:18 pm 5/113 and the game breaking TD on 7 targets for this scrub. :lol: :thumbup:

Question is, does this game move the needle on his trade value? I assume it does slightly, up from being nonexistent.
I think he's going to have to do this a little more consistently before his trade value moves at all. I don't think 1 good game is going to net you any profit
12 man IDP 0.5 ppr

QB(1): Geno Smith
RB(2): ETN/Walker III
WR(2): Chase/Lamb
TE(1): Goedert
FLEX(2): Stevenson/Garrett Wilson
K: Mcpherson
DL(2): T. Walker/Vea
LB(2): D. Long/TJ Edwards
DB(2) Dugger/Moehrig
FLEX: Kenneth Murray
IR: J. Hicks/Milano/Marcus Jones
Bench:
QB: Mac Jones/Bryce Young
RB: Zeke/D. Harris
WR: N. Brown/Demario Douglas/Bobby Trees/Parker/Tyler Scott
TE: Bellinger/Schultz
DL: Barrett/J. Davis/Yannick/
LB: Milano/Edwards/K. Murray/J. Smith
DB: Mathieu/Jonothan Owens

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:29 am

remedy29 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:58 pm Question is, does this game move the needle on his trade value? I assume it does slightly, up from being nonexistent.
I don't think his trade value has increased significantly. That's a half full, half empty situation.

Half empty is current Ruggs owners who don't need him won't be able to trade him for great value.

Half full is owners who don't have Ruggs should be able to acquire him a less than true value, if they move quickly. Another two or three weeks of this and his value will increase a little more.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:38 am

ThunderTung wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:15 am
remedy29 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:58 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:18 pm 5/113 and the game breaking TD on 7 targets for this scrub. :lol: :thumbup:

Question is, does this game move the needle on his trade value? I assume it does slightly, up from being nonexistent.
I think he's going to have to do this a little more consistently before his trade value moves at all. I don't think 1 good game is going to net you any profit
Yeah this for the same reason that those pronouncing him dead are way too early.... those who are using this 1 week and 1 deep catch to back their arguments are a bit overzealous.

It's a good sign, but I need to see way more of it. Otherwise he's a John Brown

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:53 am

Ruggs may be one the best buys in fantasy but he is clearly one of the worst sells. Ruggs has his entire career ahead of him. If you can buy him cheap good for you but if you sell him cheap then you will regret it IMO.

Ruggs is on target watch going forward. His 7 targets week 2 followed 5 which tied his previous high in targets last year.

If Ruggs can approach 7 targets per game he will get over 100 targets this year and with his speed he will be a lock weekly starter. He is tracking in that direction and his QB is playing lights out.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:02 am

Yeah that is what is going to be fun to watch. The Raiders when all their WR are healthy now have 4 really good weapons in Waller, Edwards, Renfrow and Ruggs, all of whom fit a different role (imho). 3 of whom are still refining their game. So like I said in a different thread - I could see a 800-1000 yard season for Renfrow - and with a 17 game season you could see all of them with 800+ yards (and obviously 1100-1200 for Waller) because Carr is quite good at spreading the ball & reading the progressions.

Its going to be a case of health, game script & luck (Edward for example had another near TD in Week 2). I still think Ruggs will be more nfl value than fantasy value in 2021 - but that will depend on your league & roster needs.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:08 am

ArrylT wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:02 am Yeah that is what is going to be fun to watch. The Raiders when all their WR are healthy now have 4 really good weapons in Waller, Edwards, Renfrow and Ruggs, all of whom fit a different role (imho). 3 of whom are still refining their game. So like I said in a different thread - I could see a 800-1000 yard season for Renfrow - and with a 17 game season you could see all of them with 800+ yards (and obviously 1100-1200 for Waller) because Carr is quite good at spreading the ball & reading the progressions.

Its going to be a case of health, game script & luck (Edward for example had another near TD in Week 2). I still think Ruggs will be more nfl value than fantasy value in 2021 - but that will depend on your league & roster needs.
I agree with fantasy value for 2021 but I remained convince that Ruggs has the highest upside from their WR group by a decent margin. I think by next year we could see something similar, although probably not as prolific, to what we see with Kelce and Tyreek.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:55 pm

Ruggs made a couple of fantastic toe tap sideline grabs today, and a really nice leaping contested catch with X Howard covering him. He had a step on a deep ball too, that Carr just put a little too far out in front. A solid performace on the back of last week. 4/78 and 1 run for 7 yards. Becoming a bigger part of the offense this year.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:48 pm

It looks like the game is slowing down and the confidence is starting to show. Loved the catch he had on the wheel route. Showing some athleticism and getting both feet down.

Great contested catch on Howard as well.

Back to back seven target games with good production. Looks like we may be getting somewhere.

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:18 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:55 pm Ruggs made a couple of fantastic toe tap sideline grabs today, and a really nice leaping contested catch with X Howard covering him. He had a step on a deep ball too, that Carr just put a little too far out in front. A solid performace on the back of last week. 4/78 and 1 run for 7 yards. Becoming a bigger part of the offense this year.
Yeah that was a great step forward. Very pleased to see it - and will be quite happy if Ruggs becomes as fantasy relevant as he is showing the Raiders to be team relevant. Definitely open to changing my projections on when he can become relevant based on games like this.

And like I said before, this is looking to be a great quartet with Edwards, Renfrow & Waller. If this keeps up we'll be able to put it on par (not in terms of individual talent but in terms of team cohesion with each WR well suited for their role) with TB, Dallas, Denver(if Jeudy was healthy), and perhaps LA Rams as being one of the best quartets (3 WR & 1 TE) in the NFL.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

lukkynumber13
GOAT
GOAT

Postby lukkynumber13 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:52 pm

ArrylT wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:18 pm
FantasyFreak wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:55 pm Ruggs made a couple of fantastic toe tap sideline grabs today, and a really nice leaping contested catch with X Howard covering him. He had a step on a deep ball too, that Carr just put a little too far out in front. A solid performace on the back of last week. 4/78 and 1 run for 7 yards. Becoming a bigger part of the offense this year.
Yeah that was a great step forward. Very pleased to see it - and will be quite happy if Ruggs becomes as fantasy relevant as he is showing the Raiders to be team relevant. Definitely open to changing my projections on when he can become relevant based on games like this.

And like I said before, this is looking to be a great quartet with Edwards, Renfrow & Waller. If this keeps up we'll be able to put it on par (not in terms of individual talent but in terms of team cohesion with each WR well suited for their role) with TB, Dallas, Denver(if Jeudy was healthy), and perhaps LA Rams as being one of the best quartets (3 WR & 1 TE) in the NFL.
Let's slow down a scosche on that... :lol:
TEAM A - 12T (22 R/U, 20 R/U, 19 R/U, 18 Champ, 17 R/U)
HERBERT, Baker
BIJAN/KAMARA/MIXON, A Jones
HILL/AJB/DK/G WILSON/D Adams, Pittman, Z Flowers, Evans
KITTLE
/
TEAM B - 16T, SF, TEP (22 R/U)
HURTS/MINSHEW, Cousins, D Jones
JT/JACOBS, Mostert, Gus E
HILL/MCLAURIN/DEEBO
KELCE/KITTLE, LaPorta
/
TEAM C - 14T, SF (Joined in 22)
GENO
HENRY/A JONES, Gus E
HILL/DIGGS/K ALLEN
WALLER
/
TEAM D - 14T, 1QB (Joined in 22)
MAHOMES, Goff
BIJAN/BREECE/POLLARD
CHASE/DIGGS/G WILSON/AIYUK, DJM, Pittman
KITTLE, Goedert
/
TEAM E - 14T, SF, 2TE (Started in 22)
MAHOMES/T-LAW, Carr
BIJAN/CMC/SAQUON/POLLARD, Hall
HILL/AIYUK/EVANS/GODWIN, Hollywood, Thielen
MCBRIDE/ENGRAM, Goedert, Chig
/
TEAM F - 16T (Joined in 23)
R WILSON, Minshew
SAQUON/KAMARA/MIXON, Monty
DIGGS/GODWIN/AIYUK/EVANS, Thielen, A Cooper
KELCE, Schultz
/
TEAM G - 12T, SF & TEP (Joined in 23)
HERBERT/TUA, Kyler
BIJAN/MIXON, Spears, J Warren
JJ/G WILSON/WADDLE/OLAVE, Godwin, J Reed
LAPORTA

mild
Legend
Legend

Postby mild » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:59 pm

lukkynumber13 wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:52 pm
ArrylT wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:18 pm [/b]with TB, Dallas, Denver(if Jeudy was healthy), and perhaps LA Rams as being one of the best quartets (3 WR & 1 TE) in the NFL.
Let's slow down a scosche on that... :lol:
I love to hate the bumbling Raiders brain trust with the best of them, but he's not completely off-base.

Waller is really doing the heavy lifting for the legitimacy of that claim. They're definitely in the conversation, albiet in a "cracked-out Vegas-strip discount bargain-bin" kinda way. (Nobody is mistaking Henry Ruggs for Tyreek Hill yet, or Bryan Edwards for Mike Evans/Godwin... but if you've had some beeeeers, thennnn... :P :P :P )

Anteaters
Legend
Legend

Postby Anteaters » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:53 am

ArrylT wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:18 pm And like I said before, this is looking to be a great quartet with Edwards, Renfrow & Waller. If this keeps up we'll be able to put it on par (not in terms of individual talent but in terms of team cohesion with each WR well suited for their role) with TB, Dallas, Denver(if Jeudy was healthy), and perhaps LA Rams as being one of the best quartets (3 WR & 1 TE) in the NFL.
:thumbup:
Already better than Denver. Denver is not a top6 receiving corps team to me.

Dallas is difficult for me to guage. They have a great group of WRs, but I don't know if Dallas is Top6 for overall receiving, much less Top4. IMO, having a great receiving corps means having an above-average TE and above-average receiving RB. I don't see the TE on the Cowboys.

I love the Raiders' receiving corps. Every piece (possibly except Waller) is hugely underrated. And what a shame I don't own any shares of LVR, not in keepers, not in redraft.
TEAM 1:
12 Team ppr w/20 keepers - start 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1FLX 6IDP 1DEF
QB: Tua, Lamar, Levis
RB: Etienne, Pacheco, JavonteWms, JFord, CEH
WR: Lamb, JChase, Waddle, Pickens, MWilliams, Q Johnston
TE: Goedert, Friermuth
DEF: Cowboys, Ravens
IDP:(LB) Bolton, Greenlaw; (DE/DL) ZCollins, BJHill; (S/CB) Pitre, Bates, Witherspoon
2023 & 2022 Champion: 2020 third place: 2019 Champion

TEAM 2:
14 Team 30roster SF/ppr/TEP - QB/RB/WR/TE/5FLX/SF
QB: Tua, CJStroud, Carr, AOC, MWhite, Lock
RB: Etienne, Stevenson, GusE, AJD, Singletary, CEH, Spiller
WR: Amon-Ra, Kirk, Dell, Thielen, Gallup, Ch Jones
TE: Andrews, Waller, Taysom, Smythe, WMallory, JOliver
2023 semifinals loser

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:53 pm

Well 3/60 on 6 targets. 7 really, as the DPI didn't count as one. Almost had the one for a 46 yard gain on the DPI, and Carr just missed him on a tough throw on the run 55 yards down field that would have been a score. Had Bosa not got the pressure, he most likely connects. Another encouraging game for Ruggs in year 2, for a FF outlook.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

remedy29
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby remedy29 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:48 am

To me, week 4 further emphasizes that Ruggs is nothing more than speed. When Ruggs can be used successfully on plays other than go routes, then he will show advancement as a player, like the crossing route that was unsuccessful yesterday.
On a positive side, Ruggs is on pace for 100+ targets, which should keep him in WR3 territory.

Through 4 weeks, Ruggs is looking like a boom or bust WR3 type player.

For fantasy stats;

1 week of WR1 numbers.
2 weeks if WR3 numbers.
1 week of garbage.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:54 am

remedy29 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:48 am To me, week 4 further emphasizes that Ruggs is nothing more than speed. When Ruggs can be used successfully on plays other than go routes, then he will show advancement as a player, like the crossing route that was unsuccessful yesterday.
On a positive side, Ruggs is on pace for 100+ targets, which should keep him in WR3 territory.

Through 4 weeks, Ruggs is looking like a boom or bust WR3 type player.

For fantasy stats;

1 week of WR1 numbers.
2 weeks if WR3 numbers.
1 week of garbage.
I'll take what we've seen since Week 1. He still has to continue developing to become a more rounded WR and get those opportunities, but he is at least becoming a much more reliable player and making tougher catches in traffic. Ruggs won three times deep. Carr got him once, he drew DPI on another, and Carr missed him on the other.

My takeaway from the last three weeks wouldn't be that he is just speed though, but it's certainly something they need to open up the offense. Either way, he looks like he's taking a notable step this year.