Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:56 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:54 am
remedy29 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:48 am To me, week 4 further emphasizes that Ruggs is nothing more than speed. When Ruggs can be used successfully on plays other than go routes, then he will show advancement as a player, like the crossing route that was unsuccessful yesterday.
On a positive side, Ruggs is on pace for 100+ targets, which should keep him in WR3 territory.

Through 4 weeks, Ruggs is looking like a boom or bust WR3 type player.

For fantasy stats;

1 week of WR1 numbers.
2 weeks if WR3 numbers.
1 week of garbage.
I'll take what we've seen since Week 1. He still has to continue developing to become a more rounded WR and get those opportunities, but he is at least becoming a much more reliable player and making tougher catches in traffic. Ruggs won three times deep. Carr got him once, he drew DPI on another, and Carr missed him on the other.

My takeaway from the last three weeks wouldn't be that he is just speed though, but it's certainly something they need to open up the offense. Either way, he looks like he's taking a notable step this year.
He's caught passes all over the field this year. He's caught quit hitters inside 5 yards of the LOS, and made plays in the intermediate range as well, for example last week vs Miami, vs X Howard on the crosser, and the plays along the sideline, with the great toe tap action, multiple times. 14/297/1. Over a 16 game Fantasy Season that's 56/1188/4. Small sample size, but in year 2, this is what you want to see IMO. Big improvement in usage and production from his rookie year. He's still only 22 years old.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:08 am

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:56 am
remedy29 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:48 am To me, week 4 further emphasizes that Ruggs is nothing more than speed. When Ruggs can be used successfully on plays other than go routes, then he will show advancement as a player, like the crossing route that was unsuccessful yesterday.
On a positive side, Ruggs is on pace for 100+ targets, which should keep him in WR3 territory.

For fantasy stats;

1 week of WR1 numbers.
2 weeks if WR3 numbers.
1 week of garbage.
I'll take what we've seen since Week 1. He still has to continue developing to become a more rounded WR and get those opportunities, but he is at least becoming a much more reliable player and making tougher catches in traffic. Ruggs won three times deep. Carr got him once, he drew DPI on another, and Carr missed him on the other.

My takeaway from the last three weeks wouldn't be that he is just speed though, but it's certainly something they need to open up the offense. Either way, he looks like he's taking a notable step this year.
He's caught passes all over the field this year. He's caught quit hitters inside 5 yards of the LOS, and made plays in the intermediate range as well, for example last week vs Miami, vs X Howard on the crosser, and the plays along the sideline, with the great toe tap action, multiple times. 14/297/1. Over a 16 game Fantasy Season that's 56/1188/4. Small sample size, but in year 2, this is what you want to see IMO. Big improvement in usage and production from his rookie year. He's still only 22 years old.
Yep, we'll see if he stays around the pace, but after a shaky Week 1, it does look like the game has slowed down for him and he's playing with much better confidence. He easily could've had a big day yesterday if Carr hadn't missed him on a few of those passes down field

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:43 am

Cameron Giles wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:08 am

Yep, we'll see if he stays around the pace, but after a shaky Week 1, it does look like the game has slowed down for him and he's playing with much better confidence. He easily could've had a big day yesterday if Carr hadn't missed him on a few of those passes down field
Just want to provide some additional context. One of them he would have had if the defender hadn't interfered with him. I think it was intentionally under thrown, and it caused the DPI, but Ruggs nearly came down with it. I wouldn't put that on Carr or Ruggs. The last one, was a really difficult throw to make. He was on the run towards the sidelines, and it was almost 60 yards in the air, and there were 2 defenders to account for down there. If the OL could have held up, that was a TD, IMO. Bosa just beat the rookie RT and made it a much more difficult completion. I am thinking there may be some times this year where Ruggs gets clear, but they can't connect, due to the OL problems they have been having. It hasn't just been 1 game. The OL, as a whole, has been hit by injuries and poor play.

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:19 pm

He doesn't look like much more than speed yet, but he's turned the corner for sure.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:44 pm

This mini breakout continues.

Kmani6
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Kmani6 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:56 pm

Ruggs has more yards than Lamb on the season. Who would've thought...

Edit: that didn't last long
Dynasty Team 1:

10 Man, Full PPR, .2 PPC, Double Flex

QB: Kyler Murray
RB: Saquon Barkley , Breece Hall, Swift, Dobbins, Gibson, CEH
WR: Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Jamarr Chase, DK Metcalf, Devonta Smith, Jerry Jeudy
TE: Travis Kelce

2023 Picks: 1.4, 1.8, 2.9, 3.2, 3.6, 3.8

Dynasty Team 2:

10 Man, Half PPR, Double Flex

QB: Tua
RB: Barkley , Mixon, Javonte, Jacobs, CEH
WR: AJB, Tyreek, Lamb, Aiyuk, Bateman
TE: Kittle

2022 Picks: 1.5, 1.6, 2.3
2023 Picks: 2 x 1st, 2 x 2nd

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:41 pm

Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:19 pm He doesn't look like much more than speed yet, but he's turned the corner for sure.

It is good to see him succeed as a deep threat, though.

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:08 pm

Sriracha wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:41 pm
Space Cowboy wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:19 pm He doesn't look like much more than speed yet, but he's turned the corner for sure.

It is good to see him succeed as a deep threat, though.
I'm hoping for more route versatility next season, but he's definitely playing with a confidence he didn't have last season and showing the contested catch potential alluded to in the OP. But, until the route versatility returns, I'm looking at it as a mini breakout.

Currently on pace for 56/1260/5. Definitely has a chance to hit 1K this season.

DJB
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby DJB » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:47 am

For fantasy stats;

1 week of WR1 numbers.
2 weeks if WR3 numbers.
1 week of garbage.

Hes finally starting to be used properly which is good. Hitches and screens is where he will make his money.
Follow me on Twitter @NickDynastyff

ArrylT
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby ArrylT » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:22 pm

I traded Elijah Moore in a league for Henry Ruggs but unfortunately forgot to put him in my lineup haah.
Please speak to clarion contrarion before considering the use of vetos..

Space Cowboy
Degenerate
Degenerate

Postby Space Cowboy » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:03 am

Ashley Lelie II. Only teasing

He went something like 110th in a startup I did over the summer. 16 team, 1 QB, 53 man full IDP. I was targeting him with him 120.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:51 am

Sounds like Ruggs still has plenty of haters but the reality is; He is playing way better than last year.

He is bigger and stronger this season and healthy which matters.

Last year in a 16 game fantasy season he averaged 6.7 points and had a total of 80.5 points with only 2 double digit contests in the 12 games forgettable season he actually played over that span. He had 26 receptions for 452 yards.

This season he already has 20 receptions for 445 yards in 1/2 the games played. He is averaging 12.9 points.

Ruggs is already a legit WR3 on most fantasy teams with plenty of upside.

Some of us constantly preach most WR's take time to develop. Ruggs may be on the slow side of the curve to many but only Chase and Waddle from this past class are putting up better numbers YTD than Ruggs.

He isn't playing at all like the bust so many predicted this season.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

blemly
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby blemly » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:24 am

Hate to resurface this thread due to non football related news, but TMZ just reported that Ruggs was involved in a serious car accident early this morning. Hope all is OK with him.
Team 1: 12-team SF 0.5 PPR:
QB: Dak, Russ, Stafford, Geno, Dalton
RB: Harris, Gibson, Chubb, Cohen
WR: DK, Ridley, Kirk, Chark, Woods, C Samuel, Shepard, Reagor
TE: Fant, Knox
Team 2: 14-team PPR SF TEP:
QB: Wilson, Burrow, Geno, Foles
RB: Mixon, Gibson, Hines, Cohen, Pollard
WR: DJM, Cooper, Sutton, Deebo, R. Moore, ARSB, Eskridge, Renfrow
TE: Gesicki, Njoku, Arnold
Team 3: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Watson, Lawrence, Winston, Cam
RB: Harris, Ekeler, Dobbins
WR: Hill, AJB, Woods, Chark, Lockett
TE: Gesicki, OJH, Firkser
Team 4: 12-team SF TEP Devy
QB: Wilson, Geno, Ryan, Cousins
RB: Zeke, Chubb, Sanders, Pollard, Hines, Cohen, Henderson
WR: Cooper, Godwin, Sutton, JuJu, Samuel, Fuller, Shepard, Campbell
TE: Fant, Gesicki, Ertz, Freiermuth
Devy: Boutte, Young, Slovis, Harris
Team 5: 12-team PPR SF:
QB: Dak, Lance, Jones, Cam
RB: Swift, Sanders, Dobbins, Pollard
WR: Sutton, DJM, Golladay, Chase, Pittman, Kirk, Campbell, Mims, Wallace
TE: Herndon, Gesicki, Freiermuth

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:36 am

blemly wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:24 am Hate to resurface this thread due to non football related news, but TMZ just reported that Ruggs was involved in a serious car accident early this morning. Hope all is OK with him.
Ugh. Me too.

abloom
GOAT
GOAT

Postby abloom » Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:38 am

Atleast one fatality being reported but no identification of the person yet.
Team #1: 2nd place
12 team, 1 ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,2F,1D,1K

Q: Kyler, AR
R: JT, CMC, Barkley, chandler
W: Evans, Chase, Mooney, Collins, Dell, Pickens
T: Kelce, Goedert
D: nyj
K: Sanders

Team #2: back to back champion
12 team, 1ppr (1.5 te), 1Q,2R,2W,1T,1SF,1F,1D,1K

Q: R Wilson, Murray, Watson
R: Swift, Walker, gus bus
W: Puka, Metcalf, Dell, Cooper, DJM, K Allen
T: Kelce, Pitts
K: Tucker
D: CLE

Team #3: back to back champion
14 team, SF, 1PPR (2PPR for TE), 1Q,2R,3W,1T,1SF,2F

Q: Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Heinicke, walker
R: Mostert, walker, a Jones, Wilson, Charb, Z White, McLaughlin, freeman, d Williams, Reynolds,
W: Waddle, A St Brown, K Allen, Cooper, Nuk, Juju
T: Kelce, Schultz, Thomas, Ferguson

Team #4 3rd
https://www49.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0004&O=01

Team #5 4th
https://www45.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =07&F=0009

Team #6 orphan
https://www46.myfantasyleague.com/2024/ ... =0013&O=07