Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Sriracha
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1835
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:38 pm

Re: Why so low on Ruggs

Postby Sriracha » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:23 pm

Cameron Giles wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:13 pm
IZigUZag wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:59 pm
Cameron Giles wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:39 pm


Ross' problem is mostly injury though.
I honestly see a lot of similarities between Ross and Ruggs; which isn't a bad thing. I believe Ross would be a solid WR2 if he could stay healthy; and while Ross is faster than Ruggs (and was far more productive in college) I do think Ruggs has better hands.

I definitely like Ruggs, but I personally don't agree that he (or Ross for that matter) has "massive upside" and very strongly believe that Reagor is the WR people high on Ruggs hope he is. Reagor look a lot like Steve Smith with his dynamism, physicality, and ability to rip the ball out of the sky even as a shorter receiver.
I think what makes Ruggs have massive upside is that if he refines his routes and releases more, then it's going to be difficult to stop him. Speed means nothing if you can't win off the LOS. If he can get his releases to be more consistent, then the natural talent takes over.

People see the speed and think that's all he is, but he's much further along in his development than you think.
Oh, I agree that he's an above average route runner. I'm not calling him raw by any means; But I think he's limited in his open field elusiveness and ability to win at the catch point. His YAC is mostly a product of running really fast, eg. if you can't catch him he blows by you for 50+ yard TDs.. but the players in the NFL are a lot faster than college.. while he'll still get these long TDs, it won't be as easy at the next level.

I see him being a productive player in the NFL, but reliant on big plays to get his fantasy production.

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9177
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:24 pm

I just hope he falls to my pick at 9 honestly. If he's not there, that means someone solid should have fallen
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones, Eason
RB: JT, Mostert, Gaskin, Dillon, Gus, Mattison, McFarland, Snell, Wilson, McKissic, Darrel
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston, Parris
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.10, 2, 3, 4, 5.08, 5.10, 6, 7, 9, 10

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: [b]Mahomes, Ryan,[/b] Minshew, Trubisky, Mariota
RB: [b]Saquon, Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt,[/b] Penny, Snell
WR: [b]AJB, DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, C. Davis, C. Samuel,[/b] G. Davis, Mooney, Lazard, J. Washington
TE: [b]Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Tonyan,[/b] Irv
2021: 1.03, 2.05, 2.09, 3.05, 3.09
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3

Ice
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2884
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 6:17 pm

Re: Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

Postby Ice » Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:31 pm

IZigUZag wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:38 pm
AussieMate wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:16 pm
If Ruggs ran a 4.4 he'd likely have gone around the Reagor Jefferson range, so not a huge drop imo.
If you mean that he messed up his combine like Reagor, sure.

If you mean that he'd still be picked in the 1st round if he actually was .2 of a second slower on the 40; no freaking way would he still be a first round pick.
IF IF IF

Okay now we have 6 in 3 posts!


COME ON MAN...............
The clock is running and there are no timeouts

AussieMate
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1947
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:58 pm

Re: Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

Postby AussieMate » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:26 pm

Ice wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:31 pm
IZigUZag wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:38 pm
AussieMate wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:16 pm
If Ruggs ran a 4.4 he'd likely have gone around the Reagor Jefferson range, so not a huge drop imo.
If you mean that he messed up his combine like Reagor, sure.

If you mean that he'd still be picked in the 1st round if he actually was .2 of a second slower on the 40; no freaking way would he still be a first round pick.
IF IF IF

Okay now we have 6 in 3 posts!


COME ON MAN...............
Didn't you hear? This is forum, just about everything people say is speculation and their opinion, you're in for a rough time IF you want to go through every thread and do this.

User avatar
Cult of Dionysus
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2791
Joined: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:02 am

Re: Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat May 02, 2020 2:42 am

I drafted him at 1.07 in my Superflex before Jeudy and Lamb.

Not only does he have crazy speed, he also has huge hands. And he is stepping into the WR1 on his team, while Jeudy and Lamb are WR2 or worse.

User avatar
azthecrow
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1103
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:05 am

Re: Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

Postby azthecrow » Sat May 02, 2020 7:42 am

Cult of Dionysus wrote:
Sat May 02, 2020 2:42 am
I drafted him at 1.07 in my Superflex before Jeudy and Lamb.

Not only does he have crazy speed, he also has huge hands. And he is stepping into the WR1 on his team, while Jeudy and Lamb are WR2 or worse.
How do you feel about Ruggs vs Edwards for WR1, looking into the future ?

zoster80
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1390
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:03 am

Re: Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

Postby zoster80 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:17 pm

Looks like a serious injury...hate to see that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.c ... atform=amp
Champ '20,’18,’17 11th year
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 26 players - Keep 20
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex, K, DST

QB: Rodgers Brees, Herbert
RB: Ekele, D Johnson, M Gaskins, Gurley, Z Moss, T Cohen, Ito Smith, D Evans
WR: M. Evans, D. Hopkins, Juju, K Allen, T Johnson, G Davis, Pascal
TE: Kelce Fant,Gesicki,
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2021 Picks
1.8, 2.12, 3.12, 5.7, 5.8, 5.12, 6.12
______________________________________________
PLP - 12 Teams, PPR, 27 Active roster - Keep 21 -
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: R Wilson Bridgewater,
RB: Zeke, CEH, M Sanders, Hines, Gio, S. Michel L Bell, D Evans, Justice hill, Darrel Williams, T Pollard, B Love, Guice
WR: DJ Moore, Godwin, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Gallup R Cobb, S Miller
TE: Fant , Graham, Jarwin
DST: 49ers, Eagles

2021Picks
2.1,3.11,6.11
2022Picks
1,2,3,4,5,6

User avatar
dlf_mikeh
Administrator
Posts: 5709
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

Postby dlf_mikeh » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:33 pm

zoster80 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:17 pm
Looks like a serious injury...hate to see that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.c ... atform=amp
A Raiders source said the team was "told [Ruggs] will be fine."
I think it's fine.
Make Your Own Customizable Draft Pick Value Chart Here
"This is awesome" --- dlf_jaronf
"I've made a few draft pick charts. This is better than any of them." --- dlf_jules
"Whatever rookie draft pick chart you're using isn't as good as this one from MEuRaH" --- dlf_jules
"Excellent work on this!" --- dlf_zachb

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9177
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:10 pm

zoster80 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:17 pm
Looks like a serious injury...hate to see that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.c ... atform=amp
Don't do that to me hours after I drafted him :lol:
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones, Eason
RB: JT, Mostert, Gaskin, Dillon, Gus, Mattison, McFarland, Snell, Wilson, McKissic, Darrel
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston, Parris
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.10, 2, 3, 4, 5.08, 5.10, 6, 7, 9, 10

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: [b]Mahomes, Ryan,[/b] Minshew, Trubisky, Mariota
RB: [b]Saquon, Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt,[/b] Penny, Snell
WR: [b]AJB, DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, C. Davis, C. Samuel,[/b] G. Davis, Mooney, Lazard, J. Washington
TE: [b]Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Tonyan,[/b] Irv
2021: 1.03, 2.05, 2.09, 3.05, 3.09
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3

zoster80
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler
Posts: 1390
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:03 am

Re: Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

Postby zoster80 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:16 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:33 pm
zoster80 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:17 pm
Looks like a serious injury...hate to see that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.c ... atform=amp
A Raiders source said the team was "told [Ruggs] will be fine."
I think it's fine.
The article has more info, but I had seen a tweet that he was pinned between a trailer and a truck and that the puncture was an inch from the femoral artery. That seems serious. Looks like they are playing it down now.
Champ '20,’18,’17 11th year
Zo Nasty -12 Teams, PPR, 26 players - Keep 20
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, Flex, K, DST

QB: Rodgers Brees, Herbert
RB: Ekele, D Johnson, M Gaskins, Gurley, Z Moss, T Cohen, Ito Smith, D Evans
WR: M. Evans, D. Hopkins, Juju, K Allen, T Johnson, G Davis, Pascal
TE: Kelce Fant,Gesicki,
DST: Colts NE
K: Butker

2021 Picks
1.8, 2.12, 3.12, 5.7, 5.8, 5.12, 6.12
______________________________________________
PLP - 12 Teams, PPR, 27 Active roster - Keep 21 -
Start QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE, 2 Flex, K, DST

QB: R Wilson Bridgewater,
RB: Zeke, CEH, M Sanders, Hines, Gio, S. Michel L Bell, D Evans, Justice hill, Darrel Williams, T Pollard, B Love, Guice
WR: DJ Moore, Godwin, Metcalf, AJ Brown, Gallup R Cobb, S Miller
TE: Fant , Graham, Jarwin
DST: 49ers, Eagles

2021Picks
2.1,3.11,6.11
2022Picks
1,2,3,4,5,6

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:48 pm

zoster80 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:16 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:33 pm
zoster80 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:17 pm
Looks like a serious injury...hate to see that.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.c ... atform=amp
A Raiders source said the team was "told [Ruggs] will be fine."
I think it's fine.
The article has more info, but I had seen a tweet that he was pinned between a trailer and a truck and that the puncture was an inch from the femoral artery. That seems serious. Looks like they are playing it down now.
If he misses time, we can start to worry, no reason for them to lie. Seems he got lucky and should be fine. That tweet you are quoting doesn't seem to have any credibility to it. Rapsheet says he's fine, so going with that until told otherwise.

Csl312
Captain
Captain
Posts: 891
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

Postby Csl312 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:17 pm

The femoral artery is really superficial so being close to it isn't hard. If it was an inch away it also missed any big nerves. That just means to me that he may have died if it were an inch over, but it wasn't and it's probably a pretty minor injury. He will in all likelihood be just fine in a week or two.

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT
Posts: 17049
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:03 am

Re: Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

Postby FantasyFreak » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:21 pm

Csl312 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:17 pm
The femoral artery is really superficial so being close to it isn't hard. If it was an inch away it also missed any big nerves. That just means to me that he may have died if it were an inch over, but it wasn't and it's probably a pretty minor injury. He will in all likelihood be just fine in a week or two.
Just made a trade for him, so maybe a little worry about it for some, but not me.

Online
User avatar
FiremanEd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6272
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:51 pm

Re: Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

Postby FiremanEd » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:55 am

Heard this made him only a 4.33 guy. How does this impact his outlook?

Jigga94
Degenerate
Degenerate
Posts: 9177
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Re: Henry Ruggs is Much More Than Speed

Postby Jigga94 » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:04 am

FiremanEd wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:55 am
Heard this made him only a 4.33 guy. How does this impact his outlook?
A 4.33 on crutches is impressive
2QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, FLEX - PPR - [b]14 Keepers[/b]
QB: Mahomes, J. Allen, Baker, D. Jones, Eason
RB: JT, Mostert, Gaskin, Dillon, Gus, Mattison, McFarland, Snell, Wilson, McKissic, Darrel
WR: Tyreek, DJM, Jeudy, Hollywood, Cooks, Mims, Hardman, Preston, Parris
TE: Andrews, Fant, Henry
2021: 1.10, 2, 3, 4, 5.08, 5.10, 6, 7, 9, 10

2QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, 3FLEX - PPR - [b]20 Keepers[/b]
QB: [b]Mahomes, Ryan,[/b] Minshew, Trubisky, Mariota
RB: [b]Saquon, Jacobs, Dobbins, Hunt,[/b] Penny, Snell
WR: [b]AJB, DJM, Chark, Ruggs, Hardman, Mike Will, C. Davis, C. Samuel,[/b] G. Davis, Mooney, Lazard, J. Washington
TE: [b]Andrews, Henry, Gesicki, Tonyan,[/b] Irv
2021: 1.03, 2.05, 2.09, 3.05, 3.09
2022: 1, 1, 2, 3, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mgscott, Mjvb5, PTW32, Shankopotamus and 5 guests