Peer Review of DLF Mike's 2016-2019 RB Analysis

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Bronco Billy
Role Player
Role Player
Posts: 490
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:12 am

Re: Peer Review of DLF Mike's 2016-2019 RB Analysis

Postby Bronco Billy » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:05 am

dlf_mikeh wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:14 am

lol It's like a high school book report, and the teacher and/or classmates keeps mentioning the mistakes you made on your rough drafts, even though you got an A on the final product, the only one that should matter. Oh well.
Yes and no. I think it’s more like the high school kid who put forth their very best effort, told all their classmates loudly and repeatedly how they wrote the best book report ever, managed to get a C+/B- and then made all sorts of excuses on why they weren’t given a 100%.

I think you put a lot of effort into this, but I see a couple of things that create all the dust up here. The first is your lack of self awareness combined with your huge ego. You just can’t admit you were wrong, probably about as much as many here give or take, and it really rubs people the wrong way when they see the obvious and then have to read all your sophomoric rationalizations.

I think the bigger issue with your positions is that you go in with preconceived conclusions and then try to twist evidence on the tape to support them. A good example is the Taylor debacle and how you post a highlight link showing some magnificent talent by the most prolific RB in college football history and then ignore the obvious to try to tear him down because of some illusion that he tripped over his own feet at one point in one brilliant TD run. Most here see the overt but for some reason you just have to try to create a flaw. The only reason I can think of is that you’ve already made your decision before you even watched the evidence. People see that same evidence and then read you describing something completely different than what appeared clear on the tape, and then further read you twisting yourself into knots trying to argue condescentionally that you’re superior to them and that’s why they can’t possibly see what you see and why they all have to be wrong.

I’ll be completely candid - I think you’re really a hard worker and really do want to help people out with how much you put into your product, but I’m so put off by your defensive snarkiness and inability to admit what become obvious misses that I’ve gotten to the point where I just don’t give your judgment of players much credibility. I’d be much more impressed and willing to listen to your positions if you’d just admit when your predictions didn’t match the output. I think others may feel likewise but I won’t speak for them. Your inflated self-worth, braggadocio and blatant rationalizations just overwhelm what could really be fine work. It’s too bad really, given how much of yourself you clearly put into your work.

Take it for whatever it’s worth, which is probably enough to scrape up for a refill coffee at 7-11.

OhCruelestRanter
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2205
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: Peer Review of DLF Mike's 2016-2019 RB Analysis

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:24 am

Bronco Billy wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:05 am
dlf_mikeh wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:14 am

lol It's like a high school book report, and the teacher and/or classmates keeps mentioning the mistakes you made on your rough drafts, even though you got an A on the final product, the only one that should matter. Oh well.
Yes and no. I think it’s more like the high school kid who put forth their very best effort, told all their classmates loudly and repeatedly how they wrote the best book report ever, managed to get a C+/B- and then made all sorts of excuses on why they weren’t given a 100%.

I think you put a lot of effort into this, but I see a couple of things that create all the dust up here. The first is your lack of self awareness combined with your huge ego. You just can’t admit you were wrong, probably about as much as many here give or take, and it really rubs people the wrong way when they see the obvious and then have to read all your sophomoric rationalizations.

I think the bigger issue with your positions is that you go in with preconceived conclusions and then try to twist evidence on the tape to support them. A good example is the Taylor debacle and how you post a highlight link showing some magnificent talent by the most prolific RB in college football history and then ignore the obvious to try to tear him down because of some illusion that he tripped over his own feet at one point in one brilliant TD run. Most here see the overt but for some reason you just have to try to create a flaw. The only reason I can think of is that you’ve already made your decision before you even watched the evidence. People see that same evidence and then read you describing something completely different than what appeared clear on the tape, and then further read you twisting yourself into knots trying to argue condescentionally that you’re superior to them and that’s why they can’t possibly see what you see and why they all have to be wrong.

I’ll be completely candid - I think you’re really a hard worker and really do want to help people out with how much you put into your product, but I’m so put off by your defensive snarkiness and inability to admit what become obvious misses that I’ve gotten to the point where I just don’t give your judgment of players much credibility. I’d be much more impressed and willing to listen to your positions if you’d just admit when your predictions didn’t match the output. I think others may feel likewise but I won’t speak for them. Your inflated self-worth, braggadocio and blatant rationalizations just overwhelm what could really be fine work. It’s too bad really, given how much of yourself you clearly put into your work.

Take it for whatever it’s worth, which is probably enough to scrape up for a refill coffee at 7-11.
This is a quality post. I don’t think MikeH’s work is worth anything at all, but it’s still work. Other tape grinders might enjoy the #content if he wasn’t so miserably defensive about it.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

User avatar
dlf_mikeh
Administrator
Posts: 5603
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Peer Review of DLF Mike's 2016-2019 RB Analysis

Postby dlf_mikeh » Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:33 am

Bronco Billy wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:05 am
I’m so put off by your defensive snarkiness and inability to admit what become obvious misses
Earlier in this thread:
dlf_mikeh wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:19 pm
Michel
Freeman
Dixon

I'll own up to 3 bad calls. These are terrible. None of these guys have lived up to any form of a 1st round pick during their careers and I said that they would.
Make Your Own Customizable Draft Pick Value Chart Here
"This is awesome" --- dlf_jaronf
"I've made a few draft pick charts. This is better than any of them." --- dlf_jules
"Whatever rookie draft pick chart you're using isn't as good as this one from MEuRaH" --- dlf_jules
"Excellent work on this!" --- dlf_zachb

User avatar
FiremanEd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6212
Joined: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:51 pm

Re: Peer Review of DLF Mike's 2016-2019 RB Analysis

Postby FiremanEd » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:45 am

The fact that anyone in their right mind claims to have basically a 100% success model is all I had hear before I started taking their inputs with grains of salt the size of Gillette Stadium. Combine that with the ridiculous statements about Ballage, justified as being intentional and blatant lies to lead someone down a rat hole, and I can start to fully disregard their opinion as anything of trustworthiness. No DLF badge or long winded posts will change the damage has been done to credibility. I appreciate the work, but it’s just one in a jumble of opinions, and one that unfortunately has a self validated risk of personal gain attached to it, making it even less trustworthy than those who may simply be wrong or bad evaluators. This is how I see it, not that it matters.

cantguardjake
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 206
Joined: Tue May 15, 2018 4:53 am

Re: Peer Review of DLF Mike's 2016-2019 RB Analysis

Postby cantguardjake » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:40 am

Cult of Dionysus harped on the Hollyfield ranking multiple times last year, it’s pretty obvious he doesn’t understand the process that Mike was trying to outline with his original report.

Mike also clarified multiple times with Montgomery what he meant about not making anyone miss, he outright said that he could make someone miss in the open field, but couldn’t at the line of scrimmage with a defender right beside him like Sanders could. This was a great take, Montgomery sucked last year and his “elite juke / jumpcut” cost him holes on multiple occasions (there is YouTube videos on this).

It’s like the people criticising see a singular ranking in stage 1 of a 3 stage report and define the entire report based on it and don’t even bother to read follow up discussion. No wonder there’s no original content on here, it’s crap like this that saw us lose part 1 of the report this year, which was a great read and much better than all of the other “this is my precombine rookie rankings - here’s a list of players” that will now all be updated post combine but no one bats an eye, but lets crucify Mikes take on Montgomery because it developed over time when he actually made some great points about him.

And as for everyone waxing lyrical about how his persona “makes his opinion untrustworthy” and “attacks his credibility”, it’s a fantasy football forum - lighten up lol, the colour is welcome.

Farley
Captain
Captain
Posts: 775
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:22 am

Re: Peer Review of DLF Mike's 2016-2019 RB Analysis

Postby Farley » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:50 am

cantguardjake wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:40 am
Cult of Dionysus harped on the Hollyfield ranking multiple times last year, it’s pretty obvious he doesn’t understand the process that Mike was trying to outline with his original report.

Mike also clarified multiple times with Montgomery what he meant about not making anyone miss, he outright said that he could make someone miss in the open field, but couldn’t at the line of scrimmage with a defender right beside him like Sanders could. This was a great take, Montgomery sucked last year and his “elite juke / jumpcut” cost him holes on multiple occasions (there is YouTube videos on this).

It’s like the people criticising see a singular ranking in stage 1 of a 3 stage report and define the entire report based on it and don’t even bother to read follow up discussion. No wonder there’s no original content on here, it’s crap like this that saw us lose part 1 of the report this year, which was a great read and much better than all of the other “this is my precombine rookie rankings - here’s a list of players” that will now all be updated post combine but no one bats an eye, but lets crucify Mikes take on Montgomery because it developed over time when he actually made some great points about him.

And as for everyone waxing lyrical about how his persona “makes his opinion untrustworthy” and “attacks his credibility”, it’s a fantasy football forum - lighten up lol, the colour is welcome.
Well said! :clap: Couldn't agree more.

Johnny B. Goode
Starter
Starter
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: Peer Review of DLF Mike's 2016-2019 RB Analysis

Postby Johnny B. Goode » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:11 am

Farley wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:50 am
cantguardjake wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:40 am
Cult of Dionysus harped on the Hollyfield ranking multiple times last year, it’s pretty obvious he doesn’t understand the process that Mike was trying to outline with his original report.

Mike also clarified multiple times with Montgomery what he meant about not making anyone miss, he outright said that he could make someone miss in the open field, but couldn’t at the line of scrimmage with a defender right beside him like Sanders could. This was a great take, Montgomery sucked last year and his “elite juke / jumpcut” cost him holes on multiple occasions (there is YouTube videos on this).

It’s like the people criticising see a singular ranking in stage 1 of a 3 stage report and define the entire report based on it and don’t even bother to read follow up discussion. No wonder there’s no original content on here, it’s crap like this that saw us lose part 1 of the report this year, which was a great read and much better than all of the other “this is my precombine rookie rankings - here’s a list of players” that will now all be updated post combine but no one bats an eye, but lets crucify Mikes take on Montgomery because it developed over time when he actually made some great points about him.

And as for everyone waxing lyrical about how his persona “makes his opinion untrustworthy” and “attacks his credibility”, it’s a fantasy football forum - lighten up lol, the colour is welcome.
Well said! :clap: Couldn't agree more.
+1
people need to stop compensating, loosen up, and just be better at this whole online forum thing

So what if Mike has some swag to him? I just take it as schtick. I'll be sarcastic like that from time to time. I'm not serious about it and rhats the exact opposite of how I am IRL. And if that is how Mike really is, who cares, lighten up people.
12 team PPR, 1QB, No negative points, all TDs 6
QB: Murray, Lock, Stidham, Hurts, Winston
RB: Barkley, Zeke, Mixon, J. Taylor, Dobbins
WR: T. Hill, Godwin, Kupp, Sutton, Diggs, Gallup, P. Williams, Isabella, JJAW, Higgins, S Miller, Proche
TE: Engram, Hockenson, Arnold, Trautman
K: Tucker
TD: PIT
Picks: 2021 1, 2021 2, 2021 3, 2022 1, 2022 2, 2022 3

12 team PPR 1QB
QB: Brady, Darnold, Bridgewater, Lock (TS), Stidham (TS)
RB: Sanders, Hunt, Edmonds, Taylor, Dobbins (TS)
WR: Diggs, Gallup, Kupp, Sutton, G. Tate, Guyton, P. Williams (TS), JJAW (TS), Isabella (TS), S. Miller (TS), Higgins (TS)
TE: Jarwin, I Smith, Arnold, Trautman (TS)
K: Succop
DEF: Streaming
Picks: 2021 1, 2021 2, 2021 3, 2021 3, All 2022 picks

User avatar
Tvols
Starter
Starter
Posts: 688
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:11 am
Location: TN

Re: Peer Review of DLF Mike's 2016-2019 RB Analysis

Postby Tvols » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:56 am

Hmm, I never read or seen anything about Ballage after the trade deals didnt happen, kinda wired how this all has played out and your the so called RB guru and didnt comeback after the deals happen or not and say my ballage hype was all BS and was done to deceive said owner into a bad trade which benefits me and there is no truth to my support of Ballage , this would have really help with credibility now Every time i see something out of normal who here is not thinking is this a bs play on another owner or what Mike really thinks.. interesting how this all happen after being called out and not rectified after the deals.

Anyways love the effort and work but no sure how much I can believe that you pout out there now, lost a lot of credibility..

Online
User avatar
Blueboy
All Pro
All Pro
Posts: 1745
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Peer Review of DLF Mike's 2016-2019 RB Analysis

Postby Blueboy » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:08 am

Tvols wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:56 am
Hmm, I never read or seen anything about Ballage after the trade deals didnt happen, kinda wired how this all has played out and your the so called RB guru and didnt comeback after the deals happen or not and say my ballage hype was all BS and was done to deceive said owner into a bad trade which benefits me and there is no truth to my support of Ballage , this would have really help with credibility now Every time i see something out of normal who here is not thinking is this a bs play on another owner or what Mike really thinks.. interesting how this all happen after being called out and not rectified after the deals.

Anyways love the effort and work but no sure how much I can believe that you pout out there now, lost a lot of credibility..
A few points on Ballage, as someone who also swung and missed on him:
- A big part of my drafting him was the thought that he'd have a very easy path to the lead role. That proved correctly, he started Year 2 as the No. 1 in Miami.
- Rare size and athleticism gave reason to hope he'd put together some of the stuff he didn't in college. He boasted a lot of prototypical measurables, and his tape wasn't really outright terrible just mediocre.
- He was touted as an NFL-ready pass catcher coming out. Hype around his utilization as a receiver in training camp. That certainly didn't pan out.

All in a, while Ballage did certainly flame out and turn into a huge miss, I don't quite think that it was stupid to view him as a prime lottery ticket in the 2nd. He did manage to earn the lead job, despite looking terrible after that, so at least that part of the thought process was right.

12-team SF, PPR, IDP
1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 1SF 4Flex
QB: Wilson, Brees, Minshew, Winston, Rosen
RB: J. Taylor, CEH, Ingram, Dillon, Penny, Henderson
WR: Metcalf, Woods, AJG, Kirk, Hardman, Isabella, Campbell, Hamler, JJAW
TE: Andrews, Njoku, Asiasi, Moreau, Trautman

DL: J. Bosa, JJ Watt, J. Allen, Ferrell, Epinesa, Houston
LB: T. Edmunds, Kendricks, Mosley, T. Lewis, A. Williamson
DB: J. Adams, K. Neal, Amos, McDougald, Thornhill

User avatar
dlf_mikeh
Administrator
Posts: 5603
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Peer Review of DLF Mike's 2016-2019 RB Analysis

Postby dlf_mikeh » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:49 am

Johnny B. Goode wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:11 am
So what if Mike has some swag to him? I just take it as schtick. I'll be sarcastic like that from time to time. I'm not serious about it and rhats the exact opposite of how I am IRL. And if that is how Mike really is, who cares, lighten up people.
You nailed it. I'm treat pretty much everything I do the same way. I'm an avid bowler. I love the game and I love the competition. When I start a game with 3 strikes, I tell everyone I'm getting a 300. Now that rarely happens and I'm probably going to fail, but each time I get a strike I like to raise the stakes more and more. It's exciting and fun if I succeed and hilarious if/when I fail.

I'm also a high school Math teacher and I always tell my kids that I don't make any mistakes. I tell them that on day one. I've never ever made a mistake and I dare them to prove me wrong. Of course that's not true and the kids LOOOOVE pointing out mistakes all the time. Now obviously that's exactly what I want them to do. Some students even started making a tally of all my mistakes and everyone felt compelled to add to it. I get the full attention of my class day in and day out that way. They follow me like a hawk and analyze everything I say.

I bring that same mindset here. Look at everyone on ragging on me and researching everything I say under the sun to prove me wrong. It's exactly what I'm trying to do. It brings them up to another level of confidence assist any areas of weakness I might not have covered well enough. If I don't get critical feedback then I will not improve. I think I pushed a little too hard and got a little carried away with it. It's hard to do this over the internet without being able to show physical cues.

Regular reports get a few responses and then forgotten never to be seen again. I could have said that my top 4 RBs are Swift/Dibbins/JT/Cam, and maybe they are and even in that order, but that doesn't generate any real discussion and doesn't help me or anyone else in the long run. Make a hard take on JT instead? The 1.01 rookie? Yes please.
Make Your Own Customizable Draft Pick Value Chart Here
"This is awesome" --- dlf_jaronf
"I've made a few draft pick charts. This is better than any of them." --- dlf_jules
"Whatever rookie draft pick chart you're using isn't as good as this one from MEuRaH" --- dlf_jules
"Excellent work on this!" --- dlf_zachb

OhCruelestRanter
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2205
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: Peer Review of DLF Mike's 2016-2019 RB Analysis

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:34 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:49 am
I could have said that my top 4 RBs are Swift/Dibbins/JT/Cam, and maybe they are and even in that order, but that doesn't generate any real discussion and doesn't help me or anyone else in the long run. Make a hard take on JT instead? The 1.01 rookie? Yes please.
So you were lying when you said not to use a top 6 pick on Taylor?
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

User avatar
dlf_mikeh
Administrator
Posts: 5603
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Peer Review of DLF Mike's 2016-2019 RB Analysis

Postby dlf_mikeh » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:40 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:34 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:49 am
I could have said that my top 4 RBs are Swift/Dibbins/JT/Cam, and maybe they are and even in that order, but that doesn't generate any real discussion and doesn't help me or anyone else in the long run. Make a hard take on JT instead? The 1.01 rookie? Yes please.
So you were lying when you said not to use a top 6 pick on Taylor?
Make Your Own Customizable Draft Pick Value Chart Here
"This is awesome" --- dlf_jaronf
"I've made a few draft pick charts. This is better than any of them." --- dlf_jules
"Whatever rookie draft pick chart you're using isn't as good as this one from MEuRaH" --- dlf_jules
"Excellent work on this!" --- dlf_zachb

OhCruelestRanter
Player of the Year
Player of the Year
Posts: 2205
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:33 pm

Re: Peer Review of DLF Mike's 2016-2019 RB Analysis

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:17 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:40 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:34 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:49 am
I could have said that my top 4 RBs are Swift/Dibbins/JT/Cam, and maybe they are and even in that order, but that doesn't generate any real discussion and doesn't help me or anyone else in the long run. Make a hard take on JT instead? The 1.01 rookie? Yes please.
So you were lying when you said not to use a top 6 pick on Taylor?
You still won't actually tell us the names ahead of Taylor.

I've never interacted with somebody here who cared so deeply about what we all thought of him. All the defensiveness is so much fun to see.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

User avatar
dlf_mikeh
Administrator
Posts: 5603
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Re: Peer Review of DLF Mike's 2016-2019 RB Analysis

Postby dlf_mikeh » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:39 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:17 pm
You still won't actually tell us the names ahead of Taylor.

I've never interacted with somebody here who cared so deeply about what we all thought of him. All the defensiveness is so much fun to see.
I'm a writer. Revealing content on the forums is not in my interest. It's the same reason I haven't mentioned a single other 2020 rookie RB. You can search my history. Not a 1. The only reason for the JT thread is because my article was about to post.
Make Your Own Customizable Draft Pick Value Chart Here
"This is awesome" --- dlf_jaronf
"I've made a few draft pick charts. This is better than any of them." --- dlf_jules
"Whatever rookie draft pick chart you're using isn't as good as this one from MEuRaH" --- dlf_jules
"Excellent work on this!" --- dlf_zachb

Online
skinfanjon
Practice Squad
Practice Squad
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:52 am

Re: Peer Review of DLF Mike's 2016-2019 RB Analysis

Postby skinfanjon » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:26 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:39 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:17 pm
You still won't actually tell us the names ahead of Taylor.

I've never interacted with somebody here who cared so deeply about what we all thought of him. All the defensiveness is so much fun to see.
I'm a writer. Revealing content on the forums is not in my interest. It's the same reason I haven't mentioned a single other 2020 rookie RB. You can search my history. Not a 1. The only reason for the JT thread is because my article was about to post.
You mentioned Dobbins and Swift.

FFS, you're just flying dark aren't you? Just a tape version of Johnny Bad Take.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bjd5211, burntfire, drobes, Dynos, hoos89, jomaed, MFundercover, mgscott, murphysxm, PTW32, skinfanjon and 17 guests