What is the earliest you'd take a QB this year?

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

What is the earliest you'd take a QB this year?

Postby MrUbuto » Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:55 am

What is the earliest youd take burrows and tua?

Looks like we have a big 6 in the first tear, then CEH JJ and shenault.. maybe missing a guy or 2

Does burrows start getting a look around the 1.10? Maybe tua at the 1.12?
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: What is the earliest you'd take a QB this year?

Postby Ice » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:12 am

Qb's are need based picks in one QB leagues. In this draft I would consider a QB in the 14 to 18 range in ppr leagues if my stable was getting a little long in the tooth in 12 team leagues. Value skyrockets in SF or large leagues and drops hard in 10 team leagues.

After pick 1.09 though I wouldn't call a QB pick a reach in Dynasty. If they hit, they bring years of stability to a team.
Last edited by Ice on Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:12 am

I'm assuming you mean 1 QB league, based off your guesses. Might want to clarify for the thread natzis.

In my 16 man 1 QB league, where QB's are scarce, I'm taking one at 1.06 (I also have 1.01,1.02, and 1.04 though or else I might not - but can see other 16 team leagues getting QBs in the top 6).

In smaller leagues(10 man/12 man), I could see Burrows going at 1.08 in some leagues but he will probably average 1.10 area like you said.

Shankopotamus
Starter
Starter

Postby Shankopotamus » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:27 am

I'm hoping a top 3 owner takes Tua or Burrow in my 12 team SF. i want one of those stud rbs at 1.04
12 Team Super-Flex TEP Dynasty
22 CHAMP :dance:
(2019 & 2020 Runner-Up) :wall:

1 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, Flex, SF, 2 TE

3 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB, 1 Flex IDP

QB- Justin Herbert, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson, Marcus Mariota, Gardner Minshew, Sam Ehlinger
RB- D’Andre Swift, Nick Chubb, Javonte Williams, Cam Akers, Kyren Williams, Jerome Ford, D’Ernest Johnson, Darrell Henderson
WR- DK Metcalf, DJ Moore, Chris Godwin, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Hollywood Brown, Josh Reynolds, Calvin Austin, Laviska Shenault, Kyle Phillips
TE-Mark Andrews, Greg Dulcich, Isaiah Likely, Donald Parham, Tyler Conklin
DL-Danielle Hunter, Nick Bosa, Deforest Buckner, Jonathon Allen
LB- Micah Parsons, Jack Sanborn, Logan Wilson, Cole Holcomb, Nakobe Dean, Brian Asamoah
DB-Jeremy Chinn, Jalen Pitre, Jalen Thompson, Kam Curl, Darrick Forrest
K-Tyler Bass

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:30 am

In 1QB, I generally think taking the QB makes sense once everybody who projects as an immediate starter with Day 1-2 draft capital is gone, so it's really hard to say pre-draft. I effectively know what Burrow is. I have no idea what AJ Dillon and Denzel Mims are.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

Dynasty_Analyst
All Pro
All Pro

Postby Dynasty_Analyst » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:32 am

Shankopotamus wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:27 am I'm hoping a top 3 owner takes Tua or Burrow in my 12 team SF. i want one of those stud rbs at 1.04
Burrow and Tua should both go top 3 in SF depending on the settings. And if one falls to you at the 1.04 consider yourself blessed and make a trade.

In 1QB I'd look at them in the mid 2nd at that point the RB/WR are going to be longer shot guys and the best QBs will give you a better return on investment
Fantasy Writer- 5 Yard Rush
@5yardrush @5yarddynasty
https://5yardrush.co.uk/

Content Creator- The Coaches Fantasy Podcast
@coachesfantasy Thefantasycoaches.com

@Dynasty_Analyst - Dynasty content, advice, and tidbits. Hit me up anytime to chat about your dynasty team if you need trade advice, input on the direction to move your team, or anything else.

Paul717
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Paul717 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:42 am

Ryantacular wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:12 am I'm assuming you mean 1 QB league, based off your guesses. Might want to clarify for the thread natzis.

In my 16 man 1 QB league, where QB's are scarce, I'm taking one at 1.06 (I also have 1.01,1.02, and 1.04 though or else I might not - but can see other 16 team leagues getting QBs in the top 6).

In smaller leagues(10 man/12 man), I could see Burrows going at 1.08 in some leagues but he will probably average 1.10 area like you said.
Also play in a 16 team, 1 QB league. Typically ~40 veteran QBs are "kept" each year going into the rookie draft.

This is a case where you have to know your league and the owners' tendencies. Last year Murray went 1.10 and D. Jones went 2.02 (#18 overall) in my league. In 2018, Rosen, Mayfield, Jackson, Darnold, and Allen were all gone by pick #20.

Anyone reading this thread needs to understand that in larger leagues with 16 teams +, waiting until mid round 2 means you will typically miss out on a QB. Assume that the top teams from the year prior, picking 13-16, can "zag" when others "zig" and grab a QB even if they already have a stud.
"Marathon Square" - 16 team full PPR league with 24 player roster. Keep 16 per year indefinitely, draft 8. Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Team DST
QB: Jordan Love, Deshaun Watson
RB: Travis Etienne, Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, Kendre Miller, Jaleel McLaughlin, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn
WR: A.J. Brown, Garrett Wilson, Tee Higgins, Calvin Ridley, Michael Wilson, Kendrick Bourne, Tutu Atwell, Allen Lazard, Isaiah Hodgins, Justin Shorter
TE: T.J. Hockenson, Cole Kmet, Kylen Granson
K: Didn't make the playoffs in 2023 :cry: , and don't usually hold one in the offseason
Team DST: Cowboys, Lions

Picks:
2024: All my picks except 3rd rounder

Disclaimer: My one and only Championship in this league was way back in 2011. Therefore, take my replies with the appropriate grain of salt. :lol:

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:23 am

I would be willing to take Burrow (there's no 's' at the end btw) early 2 in a 1QB and Tua shortly afterwards, but can certainly see myself and others waiting until late 2/early 3 depending on factors like team need, league settings, and how the rest of the draft shakes out.

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:26 am

I have 3 first rounders this year and my QB's are Brady, Lock, Goff, and Jameis. I hate to use a first rounder on a QB in a 1 QB league but I'm a contender with my roster. What do you all think?
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:30 am

Paul717 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:42 am
Anyone reading this thread needs to understand that in larger leagues with 16 teams +, waiting until mid round 2 means you will typically miss out on a QB. Assume that the top teams from the year prior, picking 13-16, can "zag" when others "zig" and grab a QB even if they already have a stud.
Sure, but it was never specified the size of the league in the original post, so typically people just refer to the relatively standard 12 team league when specifics aren't mentioned. Also most are saying early - mid 2nd in an assumed 12 team draft, which means roughly 13th-18th overall, whereas those same slots would be late 1st - early 2nd selections in a 16 team league. So you would really be drafting them at about the same time in both, the picks would just be labeled differently as far as what round they fall in and where.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:32 am

There are so many variables to consider that it's nearly impossible to answer this question. If some parameters were set I think we'd all be fairly close in determining value.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

bjd5211
Legend
Legend

Postby bjd5211 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:35 am

Packerland wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:26 am I have 3 first rounders this year and my QB's are Brady, Lock, Goff, and Jameis. I hate to use a first rounder on a QB in a 1 QB league but I'm a contender with my roster. What do you all think?
Assuming it's the team in your sig, and your latest 1 is the 1.04, that is entirely too early, you have enough at QB to compete already. If you really are trying to get a QB with one of those picks, try trading for a Mahomes/Lamar/Watson instead, they'll certainly be a big upgrade both short and long-term for you, whereas a rookie likely won't be great for you this year and you run the risk of them busting (although I think they are both fairly safe prospects barring more injuries for Tua).

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:41 am

It really depends on league format, but as prospects, I think Burrow and Tua are slightly higher than Kyler was coming out. Now Kyler went to the perfect system for him, but the point is, these guys could be top end Dynasty QB's in the near future, so don't be afraid to grab the top QB over the RB8 in the class, for instance, in 1 QB's leagues.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

djeternal2
Captain
Captain

Postby djeternal2 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:55 am

Definitely depends on league format and owners in the league. In 18 in one of my 10 tm the first QB taken was Lamar at 3.02 I got Baker at 4.03. In 17 in that same league 1st QB was Watson at 3.07 and I grabbed Mahomes 2 picks later. Earliest I ever took a QB in that league was in 16 where I took Wentz at 2.08 and 1st QB was Goff at 1.08.
10 tm ppr 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 2 Flex, TE, K, TDEF (Yr 6)
QB - Ryan, Wentz
RB - Gurley, A Jones, Cohen, Kerryon, Dam Williams, Duke, I Smith, Armstead, T Carson
WR - AJG, Watkins, ARob, A. Cooper, K Allen, M Williams, Godwin, Callaway, JJAW
TE - Gesicki, I Smith, Herndon, Eifert, Sternberger, Dissly

10 tm TE prem 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, K, 2 DB, 2 DL, 2 LB (Yr 5)
QB - Mahomes, Mayfield, Wentz,
RB - Zeke, Chubb, Kerryon, Duke, Edmonds, B Hill
WR - Nuk, AJG, ARob, JJS, Samuel, MVS, T Smith, D Hamilton, Gallup, K Johnson
TE - Njoku, Eifert, Herndon, I Smith, I Thomas, Moreau
DL - Watt, K Clark, Q Williams
LB - D Jones, D Bush
DB - K Neal, Bell

DLF Early Birds - 16 tm SF (1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 SF
QB - A Rodgers, Darnold, Rosen, M Rudolph, Luck
RB - Damian Williams, J Howard, Duke, AP, Gore
WR - Julio, Golladay, Kirk, Stills, Manny Sanders, N Harry
TE - Jarwin, Gesicki, Boyle, Sprinkle

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Cameron Giles » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:26 am

I think Burrow goes mid-2nd in 1QB. Tua, late 2nd/early 3rd, only because there's a chance he redshirts this year.

I actually wonder how good Burrow can be this year:

- AJ Green returning
- Joe Mixon, Gio Bernard in the backfield
- Tyler Boyd, John Ross as supporting receivers
- Bengals offensive line got better later in the season