Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby Jigga94 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:31 am

Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:02 am Carries they get when they’re 18 against smaller less athletic college defenders when their bodies can rebound quicker are not the same as nfl carries when they’re older and their bodies rebound slower. What on earth are you guys talking about.
Lol I prefer my RB to be a converted WR and only have 33 college carries so that he is more durable in his NFL career. Forget the guy who averaged 2000 yards a season in college. He's going to break down for sure. Not at 22 next year, but by 24 for sure.

Logic is hard

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Re: The Most Over-Rated 2020 Rookie RB Is... Jonathan Taylor

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:49 am

It’s so cool to have fans.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:46 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:49 am It’s so cool to have fans.
A hero and a role model, that's you
Remember where you are - this is Thunderdome.
*5 leagues (est. 2015, '17, '18, '18, '22, 6 total 'ships)

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
QB: J. Fields, B. Mayfield, G. Smith, M. Mariota, S. Darnold
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman
TE: T.J. Hockenson, K. Pitts, H. Henry
DL: M. Parsons, Q. Williams, D. Buckner, R. Gary
LB: F. Oluokun, R. Smith, A. Anzalone. L. David
DB: B. Baker, J. Metellus, R. Grant

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:08 pm

_yeti wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:46 pm
I mean how many other people get to be reminded of when they roasted somebody like 4 years ago? Pretty neat!

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:14 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:08 pm
I mean how many other people get to be reminded of when they roasted somebody like 4 years ago? Pretty neat!
I mean that's kind of the beauty of the forums and what you were doing circling back on Mike here. You were never right and never roasted me, but you can dance to yourself and call it so all you want and apparently that's what happened in your mind. I apologize for giving you some small bit of validation on this thread, for while you were not in the wrong for calling him out, you didn't add much to the conversation on the player other than affirming the scouting community consensus. At least he had opinions. Do you ever have an opinion to add? Cordarrelle Patterson is a good and relevant NFL RB? Last I checked that was the case. Impressive. Trolling what other people say and not ever adding anything useful yourself makes you just a general antagonist. It is amusing when not dealing with you but oh so exhausting to talk to you. Why is your sig still about Coogan? Nobody cares. Here for the drama, you could probably find more genre on a forum that isn't about football and you would know more too that way
Last edited by _yeti on Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

12 Team SF, PPR, TE Prem., DT prem., IDP Start 10, QB, 1SF, 2-4 RB, 2-5 WR, 1-3 TE, 2DL, 2LB, 2DB, 1 IDPflex
RB: T. Etienne, T. Pollard, S. Barkley, J.Jacobs A. Jones, , A. Gibson, D. Harris, Z. Moss, E. Elliott
WR: G. Wilson, T. Higgins, T. McLaurin C. Kirk, D. Hopkins, K. Toney. K. Osborn, M. Hardman

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:26 pm

_yeti wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:14 pm

I mean that's kind of the beauty of the forums and what you were doing circling back on Mike here. You were never right and never roasted me, but you can dance to yourself and call it so all you want and apparently that's what happened in your mind. I apologize for giving you some small bit of validation on this thread, for while you were not in the wrong for calling him out, you didn't add much to the conversation on the player other than affirming the scouting community consensus. At least he had opinions. Do you ever have an opinion to add? Cordarrelle Patterson is a good and relevant NFL RB? Last I checked that was the case. Impressive. Trolling what other people say and not ever adding anything useful yourself makes you just a general antagonist. It is amusing when not dealing with you but oh so how exhausting. Why is your sig still about Coogan? Nobody cares. Apparently you are here for the drama and not the football, but we already knew that
I mean, again, to have somebody type all of these words years after making a bunch of people laugh at them is really cool! It’s fun to know how profoundly I made an impact on you that it’s lasted all these years later. Thanks man.

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:31 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:26 pm

I mean that's kind of the beauty of the forums and what you were doing circling back on Mike here. You were never right and never roasted me, but you can dance to yourself and call it so all you want and apparently that's what happened in your mind. I apologize for giving you some small bit of validation on this thread, for while you were not in the wrong for calling him out, you didn't add much to the conversation on the player other than affirming the scouting community consensus. At least he had opinions. Do you ever have an opinion to add? Cordarrelle Patterson is a good and relevant NFL RB? Last I checked that was the case. Impressive. Trolling what other people say and not ever adding anything useful yourself makes you just a general antagonist. It is amusing when not dealing with you but oh so how exhausting. Why is your sig still about Coogan? Nobody cares. Apparently you are here for the drama and not the football, but we already knew that
I mean, again, to have somebody type all of these words years after making a bunch of people laugh at them is really cool! It’s fun to know how profoundly I made an impact on you that it’s lasted all these years later. Thanks man.
Putting cruel in your name doesn't make you actually cruel. It just conveys that you're here to troll or that you thought the opinions that eminate from you are off-putting, which they are. I remember lots of people I talk to on the forums, even if I don't talk to them for a while, that's why I'm here, Trump. It isn't all about you, 'ranter

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:35 pm

_yeti wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:31 pm

Putting cruel in your name doesn't make you actually cruel. It just conveys that you're here to troll or that you thought the opinions that eminate from you are off-putting, which they are. I remember lots of people I talk to on the forums, even if I don't talk to them for a while, that's why I'm here, Trump. It isn't all about you, 'ranter
I’m sorry man, I barely remember you. I remember a bunch of people laughing at some jokes I made in a thread about Patterson, (which was hilarious, somebody should find and bump it for a laugh) and this whole obsessive, anguished, name-calling, inability-to-let-it-go-years-after-getting-roasted shtick is starting to ring a bell, but that’s about it.

I hope you find peace.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:03 pm

ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

_yeti
All Pro
All Pro

Postby _yeti » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:26 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:35 pm

I’m sorry man, I barely remember you. I remember a bunch of people laughing at some jokes I made in a thread about Patterson, (which was hilarious, somebody should find and bump it for a laugh) and this whole obsessive, anguished, name-calling, inability-to-let-it-go-years-after-getting-roasted shtick is starting to ring a bell, but that’s about it.

I hope you find peace.
Nobody was laughing with you and you were wrong, it was played out on the field before and after that. If that was your takeaway, I also hope you find peace.

Is this forum about football or about trolling? The conversation was about whether Cordarelle Patterson could be a viable NFL running back, him playing at the position for a handful of plays doesn't make him anymore viable than your average wildcat backup qb. What do you actually talk about on here man, you don't remember because you have been doing this nonstop but how much has actually been about dynasty fantasy football? Nice work on smacking back covid deniers, it was in your wheelhouse -- but still a valuable service when you arent going to talk about football anyway.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:29 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:03 pm viewtopic.php?p=1834049#p1834049

:ewink:
There it is! The first “actually I wasn’t wrong” of 2021! (I think)

In all fairness, after Mike’s unseemly downward spiral this summer, he starting expressing every possible opinion about Taylor so as to not be wrong. He’s Schrodinger’s RB1.

I called this out when he did the same thing with Akers in the ranking thread:
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 5:44 pm Man, it was fun back when you said wild stuff, like calling Taylor the most overrated back in the class, or saying he wasn’t worth a top 6 pick. That was a bad take, but at least it was interesting. But this new thing, where you change your write-up every time somebody criticizes you, moving Akers from the 3rd round, to the 2nd round, to now he’s a coin flip to be a RB1? This is worse. Every post now reads like you’re just trying to hedge on every player so you don’t have to deal with the criticism if/when you’re wrong. It’s a bummer.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:29 pm

_yeti wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:26 pm
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:35 pm

I hope you find peace.
Nobody was laughing with you and you were wrong, it was played out on the field before and after that. If that was your takeaway, I also hope you find peace.

Is this forum about football or about trolling? The conversation was about whether Cordarelle Patterson could be a viable NFL running back, him playing at the position for a handful of plays doesn't make him anymore viable than your average wildcat backup qb. What do you actually talk about on here man, you don't remember because you have been doing this nonstop but how much has actually been about dynasty fantasy football? Nice work on smacking back covid deniers, it was in your wheelhouse -- but still a valuable service when you arent going to talk about football anyway.
Again man, I’m sorry, I don’t remember much other than people laughing at you. Bump the thread, I’ll take a look.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

Postby MEuRaH » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:55 pm

This is the official rank: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=201034

This is the wrong thread. Go there instead.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:04 pm

Good lord, Mike just locked his “Jonathan Taylor is overrated” thread. Pour one out for that take. Startup 1.03 on Mizelle right now.

honcho55
All Pro
All Pro

Postby honcho55 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:12 pm

My take on the whole “lots of carries” thing:

You invest in RBs hoping for a handful of years anyways, typically. RB landscape changes super quick year to year, even within years.

If you are competing, ride him out and see what he can do for ya for a few years.

If I’m rebuilding, I’m selling Taylor right now I think. 3 overall is really feisty imo
main league, half PPR, all TDs 6, -3 for INT
12 team. 2019 champ, 2020 runner up, ‘21 3rd
start 2SF, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 2WRT

QB: T Lawrence, K Cousins, R Wilson, Z Wilson
RB: K Walker, T Ettiene, JK Dobbins, D Gore, J Hasty, D Johnson, L Rountree
WR: JJ, AJB, A Cooper, Juju, C Kirk, J Dotson, N Westbrook-Ikhine, I McKenzie
TE. T Kelce, Pitts, Albert O, D Parham, J O’Shaunessy

1.03, 1.11, 2.02, 2.09
Extra 24 1st