General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Krypto_King
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby Krypto_King » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:20 pm

hoos89 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:29 pm
Sriracha wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:15 pm
Dynasty DeLorean wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:11 pm So many nfl gms and fantasy owners outsmarted themselves with JT
Thank god for the NFL.

Imagine JT running through those gaping holes in KC with 4.38 speed? :pray:
Not sure if this is tongue in cheek or what but KC run blocking hasn't been particularly amazing this year
neither has the Colts

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:43 pm

saw061600 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:45 pm I traded Lamar for the 1.01 and Jimmy G (team 1) and JT helped me win the title this year. When I drafted him, several in the league started chatting collusion (jokingly I hope) for me letting CEH fall to the owner who won the league the previous year and who had traded Kamara and 2.10 for picks 1.02 and 2.02.
Imagine getting accused of collusion after trading away Kamara for CEH

Bot101
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby Bot101 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:28 am

Krypto_King wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:20 pm
Sriracha wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:15 pm

Thank god for the NFL.

Imagine JT running through those gaping holes in KC with 4.38 speed? :pray:
Not sure if this is tongue in cheek or what but KC run blocking hasn't been particularly amazing this year
neither has the Colts
For most of the season the Colts were ranked in the bottom 5, KC was in the top 15. Runs vs stacked boxes was also against JT for the majority of the season. Anyone who took CEH over JT in rookie drafts did so ONLY because of landing spot. Notch another one for
talent > landing spot

jenkins.math
All Pro
All Pro

Postby jenkins.math » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:33 am

Bot101 wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:28 am

neither has the Colts
For most of the season the Colts were ranked in the bottom 5, KC was in the top 15. Runs vs stacked boxes was also against JT for the majority of the season. Anyone who took CEH over JT in rookie drafts did so ONLY because of landing spot. Notch another one for
talent > landing spot
This sounds eerily similar to the Miles Sanders truthers at the end of last season in comparison to Monty. So i would temper the victory laps. I love JT but let's not act like he just ran all over the 85 Bears here.

Furthermore their divisional foes are atrocious defensively. The Titans, Jags, and Texans are all trash defenses. They could put all 11 in the box, you tell them the play, and they would still struggle to stop it. Then he also got the Jets, Lions, Packers, Bengals... The Colts had 2/3 of their games against bottom 10 run defenses. That helps.

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: The Most Over-Rated 2020 Rookie RB Is... Jonathan Taylor

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:24 am

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:31 pm
dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:20 pm Jonathan Taylor
Do not waste your 1.02 on this kid. He's not a major bust like DH, RJ3, or Penny (all guys I've hated with a passion in the past) but he's not worth your top 6 pick either. You're better off with a top WR or with JK Dobbins (who I find to be as equal, if not better than Swift btw). He could be a good buy low in the 2021 off-season, but for 2020 I'd pretty much avoid at all costs.
dlf_mikeh wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:46 am
OhCruelestRanter wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:13 am I have a 1.02 in 1QB and two 1.03s in superflex, and I’m really hoping tape-grinders find silly reasons to drop Taylor so he falls to me.

Thank you for your service.
Every year I do a write up. Every year I get someone thanking me because I helped a Ronald Jones or Darrell Henderson fall to them.

You're welcome?
No really, thank you again for your service helping to push Taylor behind Edwards-Helaire and onto the teams of those of us at the 1.02 who knew better, and thank you for being so willing to repeatedly embarrass yourself for our benefit. You honestly do not get enough credit for the entertainment you’ve provided. Thank you.
dlf_mikeh wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:52 amI see something similar happening with JT. He's going to be valued at 1.01 or 1.02 for a long time. I think he can be had for a lot less by this time next year, so there's no way I feel comfortable using a top 5 pick on him this time around.

EDIT: It should be noted that I've had the most accurate RB analysis over the last 3-4 years.
I love it here. I honestly can’t wait for Mike to explain how well actually he was right about Taylor.
Cue Foreigner 🎶I've been waiting🎶
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

Orenthal Shames
Legend
Legend

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your Dynasty 1.01 now.

Postby Orenthal Shames » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:26 am

Fixed the title
16 team league
1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex (RB/WR/TE)
26 upman rosters - full point ppr
2015, 17, 18, 19, 20 Champs

QB: Watson, Flacco Stidham
RB: Bijan, Gibbs, McLaughlin
WR: Olave, Addison, Flowers, Rice, Sutton, Downs, Mims, Tillman
TE: Kittle, Goedert, Chig, Woods
24 Picks: 1.06

dynastyninja
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby dynastyninja » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:58 am

OCR, your obsession with Mike is just as weird as his obsession with unnecessary self-promotion.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:29 am

dynastyninja wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:58 am OCR, your obsession with Mike is just as weird as his obsession with unnecessary self-promotion.
Idk I post maybe one of these things per month and I crack myself up every time.
COOGAN IS A CHEATER AND A THIEF

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:47 am

Orenthal Shames wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:24 amCue Foreigner 🎶I've been waiting🎶
Nothing says “I’m old” like referencing the 5th best song/2nd best power ballad by the 3rd best 70s-80s pop/arena rock band.

Ice
Legend
Legend

Postby Ice » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:30 am

jenkins.math wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:33 am

neither has the Colts
talent > landing spot
This sounds eerily similar to the Miles Sanders truthers at the end of last season in comparison to Monty. So i would temper the victory laps. I love JT but let's not act like he just ran all over the 85 Bears here.

Furthermore their divisional foes are atrocious defensively. The Titans, Jags, and Texans are all trash defenses. They could put all 11 in the box, you tell them the play, and they would still struggle to stop it. Then he also got the Jets, Lions, Packers, Bengals... The Colts had 2/3 of their games against bottom 10 run defenses. That helps.
Facts are Forbidden in this Thread! :nono:
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Vcize
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Vcize » Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:36 am

Man I will eat my crow on this one, I was wrong about this guy. He looks like a completely different player out there. No more dancing around just put his foot into the ground decisively and go use that big size/speed combo. The same kind of growth that took Derrick Henry 3 years to figure out.

The Indy line is also finally playing like the elite unit we expected at the start of the year.

Thankfully I didn't panic sell where I had him (I was feeling real bad about trading Murray for JT+ after week 1 in SF for a while there), but I definitely wasn't buying low and that was a big missed opportunity. He probably is a consensus top 3 startup pick at this point and I could very much see him going 1.01 in more startups than CMC or DK.

Thank goodness my other two big flag plants this year were DK and Jefferson so I am loaded at WR across my leagues, but would have been nice to have a bunch more shares of a young stud RB to go with them.

I do realize there is still plenty of risk (lots of rookie RBs have finished very strong as rookies and fallen flat in year 2) but he looks a lot better out there than I ever thought he would.
12 Team FFPC TE Premium
QB: Herbert, Brady
RB: Barkley, Mixon, Jav Williams, Pierce, Drake
WR: Jefferson, AJ Brown, Metcalf, Hopkins, Peoples-Jones
TE: Kittle, Goedert

Sriracha
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby Sriracha » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:55 pm

Ice wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:30 am

talent > landing spot

Facts?

Miles Sanders had an injury plagued year on a terrible offense that lost almost it's entire starting O-Line at different points in the year. He's hardly an example of people victory lapping too soon.

And if you really want to bring up SoS: LAC, LV, DEN have hardly been world beater defenses. Add in HOU, NE, BUF, CAR and the Jets (who don't even have a bad run D :lol:).. CEH was gifted the same level of poor run D's and did not do nearly as much with it.

OhCruelestRanter
MVP
MVP

Postby OhCruelestRanter » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:08 pm

Sriracha wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:55 pm

Facts?

Miles Sanders had an injury plagued year on a terrible offense that lost almost it's entire starting O-Line at different points in the year. He's hardly an example of people victory lapping too soon.

And if you really want to bring up SoS: LAC, LV, DEN have hardly been world beater defenses. Add in HOU, NE, BUF, CAR and the Jets (who don't even have a bad run D :lol:).. CEH was gifted the same level of poor run D's and did not do nearly as much with it.
But CEH sinks his hips.

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:23 pm

OhCruelestRanter wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:08 pm
Sriracha wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:55 pm

Facts?

But CEH sinks his hips.
:clap:

stoneghost28
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby stoneghost28 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:16 pm

Jigga94 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:51 pm
CGW wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:42 pm I went through to look for some of the best "taylor is a bust" comments but there were too many to bother.

12 more yards puts him at 1k for his rookie season to go along with 298 yards receiving. Hes a top 5 RB in dynasty.
Only mad I didn't double down on him when he was a cheaper. Have aways loved the talent
+1

I had 8 leagues I could've added him too out of 15 during the first half of the year and I only added one share via trade in season, trying to solace in the knowledge that I added a ton of shares of Dobbins, Taylor, and Swift via rookie drafts (8, 7 and 7) and added 1 more share each of Taylor, Akers (making it 3+1 RSO share), and Gibson (making it 2+1 RSO Share) via deadline tanking trades (one was kind of tank+reload which actually worked really well) and in particular that I didn't sell my shares of any of these guys period (which I would've been disinclined to do anyway). Bummed I had four CEH and added a fifth via an idiotic trade in retrospect after week 1 but I still believe CEH will likely bounce back to at least being a RB in the 10-20 zone by the end of '21 if he's healthy.

But yeah, I agree w/the general sentiment. I 1000% believed in Swift and Dobbins and I'm just incensed I didnt add more in September/October (not for lack of trying, but I wish I just had tried harder) of them, and I'm annoyed I let my Taylor confidence drop from about 80-85% to like 60-65% which is why I only added the one share. Then again there are some leagues where you just aren't prying them off the owner. I offered overpays for Swift and/or Dobbins repeatedly in one league and the owner wouldn't budge for the same reason I wouldn't where I own them, he knows the next two rookie drafts are weak at RB, and he has two birds in the hand and won't give them up. I just have at least 2-3 leagues where I probably could've done more, and I really regret not doing so including one league where I definitely would've trumped an offer that landed a guy Swift.

I think I'll approach the offseason w/Swift, Akers, Dobbins and Gibson as targets (Definitely think Taylor is too expensive now). I already have five shares of CEH which I think is as far as I'm willing to go unless I can get a mild discount.