Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

General talk about Dynasty Leagues.
Ice
Legend
Legend

Re: Jonathan Taylor is your 1.01 now.

Postby Ice » Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:55 pm

Like Taylor as the 4th RB in this class. Great college production expect he fumbles a lot. Looks like he will be good in power schemes but lacks the agility I like to see in zone schemes. Think he is scheme dependent. Doesn't play real quick but he can run by defenders. He doesn't make defenders miss very often due to one dimensional running style. I knock him down due to versatility and mileage.

I do get concerned with really high carry backs out of Wisconsin. Career length is a minor concern. Could easily be a 1 contract type player IMO.
The Clock is Running and there are no Timeouts

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:17 pm

10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

nathanq42
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Postby nathanq42 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:19 pm

My man out here catching everything thrown his way, lookin thick as well too..
12 Team 1 ppr .1 points per carry
Garbage
QB Jalen Hurts
RB A-train, D'Onta Foreman,Jahmyr Gibbs, JK Dobbins, Rashaad Penny, AJ Dillon, Jerrick McKinnon, Joshua Kelley, TDP, Chase Edmonds, JRob, Zamir White
WR CeeDee Lamb, Justin Jefferson, DJ Moore, Hollywood Brown, Brandin Cooks, Odell Beckham Junior, Marvin Jones, Braxton Berrios, Richie James
TE Dalton Kincaid, Foster Moreau
+2 Flex
1.02, 1.06

Packerland
Pro Bowler
Pro Bowler

Postby Packerland » Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:37 pm

nathanq42 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:19 pm My man out here catching everything thrown his way, lookin thick as well too..
But he can't catch....even out there running slants and making some good catches.
10 Team .5 PPR 1 QB League

QB: Goff, Brady, Herbert, Tannehill
RB: CEH, JT, Akers, Dobbins, Mixon
WR: Adams, Godwin, McLaurin, Lamb, Chark, Claypool, Pittman, Diontae, Anderson
TE: Andrews, Goedert

Picks:
2021: 4 1sts, 1 2nd
2022: 1 1st, 2 2nds

Jigga94
GOAT
GOAT

Postby Jigga94 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:16 am

Packerland wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:37 pm
nathanq42 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:19 pm My man out here catching everything thrown his way, lookin thick as well too..
But he can't catch....even out there running slants and making some good catches.
He made all those defenders miss too. It was impressive :lol:

Ryantacular
Player of the Year
Player of the Year

Postby Ryantacular » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:28 am

Cowboysfan33 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:12 pm Who is the most logical team, to go RB the earliest? I’ve seen several mocks with the Dolphins taking one at #26, but do you guys think that someone will take J.Taylor earlier than that? It would seem so to me and what’s some other teams that could go RB? I think the Falcons need to seriously think about it at #16 but I realize they need help on defense, mostly D-line.
They fixed that.

MEuRaH
Legend
Legend

The Most Over-Rated 2020 Rookie RB Is... Jonathan Taylor

Postby MEuRaH » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:20 pm

Jonathan Taylor

SKIP AHEAD TO 4:21

Link if the above doesn't work for you: https://youtu.be/fEru-GbOWuA?t=260

I just wrote my first article on rookie RBs, so I'm not going to give everything away, but I do believe that this years fools gold is JT. I like his size and I love his speed, I do not like much else. He doesn't have proper technique (stop and go, cut backs, jump cuts, etc) and he leans into his turns rather than pointing his hips. THIS IS MY BIGGEST CONCERN. He needs to go to a power system, and even then, there's no proof he'll succeed.

His entire highlight reel consists of power plays with lead blockers, whether it's a fullback or pulling guards, JT seldom was asked to find a crease and make a move. He also wasn't asked to create space or make defenders miss at the line of scrimmage. I'm not saying he can't do it, just that there's no sustainable proof than he can. Such skills are usually needed at the next level in order to be successful.

Unlike other rookie RBs that I've disliked, I think Taylor can adapt with time. His one saving grace is that he's a smart kid, and his combine numbers show that he has the ability to be successful in other facets. But that's going to take a lot of coaching and a lot of time, and there's no proof that he'll ever be capable of anything other than power, so who truly knows? He's like a much smaller Derrick Henry. His rookie season will be a bust if he's not running behind a fullback or pulling guard, and even then he'll be part of a RBBC.

One final knock on his game is his inability to play on third downs. Whenever Wisconsin was forced to pass, Taylor came off the field. He was not asked to stay in and block, nor was he asked to run a lot of routes other than the wheel route. If he's a liability on third down, that will limit his ability to rack up fantasy points vs guys like Kamara, CMC, etc. His pass blocking is a smaller concern but still worth mentioning.

Do not waste your 1.02 on this kid. He's not a major bust like DH, RJ3, or Penny (all guys I've hated with a passion in the past) but he's not worth your top 6 pick either. You're better off with a top WR or with JK Dobbins (who I find to be as equal, if not better than Swift btw). He could be a good buy low in the 2021 off-season, but for 2020 I'd pretty much avoid at all costs.

===================================================

EDIT: Props to mgscott, who showed me a video vs Iowa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgVytqLfJ6A

Nearing the 5:18 mark he picked up a stunt blitz, which required good recognition and patience. I still question why he wasn't used more often as a weapon on crucial third downs, but at least we can see his ability as a pass blocker.

EDIT2 (4/3/20): Instead of bumping this thread back up, I wanted to add that I think the most fair comparison is Latavius Murray. Murray entered the league as a big man who had great speed and agility and proved it with amazing numbers on his pro day, but he failed to be anything other than a big man with occasional moves in the NFL. My fear is that Taylor could end up in the same career path as Murray. Not that he will, just that he could. He has the tools to be much more, but I'd still rather play it safe and draft a product that's more complete than draft a better product that needs work.

Murray: https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/latavius-murray
Taylor: https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/jonathan-taylor

EDIT3 (4/13/20): I love his feet. I was bored so I scouted him again and the guy has probably the fastest feet I've ever seen. When tacklers go low to take him down he has such quick feet that it's nearly impossible to get their hands on him. I still hate how he leans into his cuts and he doesn't get low. He relies far too much on speed and power for my liking. But damn... those feet are impressive.
ULTIMATE RB GURUs
2021 RB Injury Guru: abloom "Akers will suffer an ACL injury in the preseason and does not play during the season."
2021 RB Guru: qazxswedcvfrtgbnhyuj & McCafsteez -- Winners of the Antonio Gibson Wager!

REAL RB GURUs:
CubfanAA - Anteaters - Ice - JJRules - TheNuts - jtk1234 - Bronco Billy - YouMightDieTryin - hockeyBjj - honcho55 - murphysxm - Patsfan86 - jman3134

Cameron Giles
GOAT
GOAT

Re: The Most Over-Rated 2020 Rookie RB Is...

Postby Cameron Giles » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:09 pm

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:21 pm

Will gladly waste a rookie pick on him. Definitely worth top 6.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

MattDeezy
Starter
Starter

Postby MattDeezy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:01 pm

Liar.
Team
1Q|2R|3W|1T|2FLX - 12 Team PPR

QB: Love, Richardson, Cousins, Flacco
RB: CMC, Bijan, Ford, Mitchell, Pierce, Kendre, Tucker
WR: Deebo, Wilson, Olave, Puka, Flowers, Addison, Jeudy, Jameson Williams, Burks
TE: McBride, Kincaid, Fant, Bellinger

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:03 pm

Who is the DH you included as a bust? Derrick henry the NFL rushing champ and number 3 fantasy RB?

also taylor caught more balls than swift, it's a myth he can't be used in the passing game
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted

alewilliam789
All Pro
All Pro

Postby alewilliam789 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:03 pm

dlf_mikeh wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:20 pm Jonathan Taylor

I just wrote my first article on rookie RBs, so I'm not going to give everything away, but I do believe that this years fools gold is JT. I like his size and I love his speed, I do not like much else. He doesn't have proper technique (stop and go, cut backs, jump cuts, etc) and he leans into his turns rather than pointing his hips. He needs to go to a power system, and even then, there's no proof he'll succeed.

Unlike other rookie RBs that I've disliked, I think Taylor can adapt with time. His one saving grace is that he's a smart kid, and his combine numbers show that he has the ability to be successful in other facets. But that's going to take a lot of coaching and a lot of time, and there's no proof that he'll ever be capable of anything other than power, so who truly knows? He's like a much smaller Derrick Henry. His rookie season will be a bust if he's not running behind a fullback or pulling guard, and even then he'll be part of a RBBC.

One final knock on his game is his inability to play on third downs. Whenever Wisconsin was forced to pass, Taylor came off the field. He was not asked to stay in and block, nor was he asked to run a lot of routes other than the wheel route. If he's a liability on third down, that will limit his ability to rack up fantasy points vs guys like Kamara, CMC, etc.

Do not waste your 1.02 on this kid. He's not a major bust like DH, RJ3, or Penny (all guys I've hated with a passion in the past) but he's not worth your top 6 pick either. You're better off with a top WR or with JK Dobbins (who I find to be as equal, if not better than Swift btw). He could be a good buy low in the 2021 off-season, but for 2020 I'd pretty much avoid at all costs.
So having said all this, what qualities/makes Swift a better prospect? Because I love Taylor’s combination of speed/power/hands. I dont think he has a ton of wiggle, but I didn’t think Chubb did either at Georgia. He can make subtle cuts in the hole to find cutback lanes. I have Taylor and Swift at 1 and 2 and keep switching them around constantly.
I may or may not be related to Bryan Edwards

FantasyFreak
GOAT
GOAT

Postby FantasyFreak » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:09 pm

MrUbuto wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:03 pm Who is the DH you included as a bust? Derrick henry the NFL rushing champ and number 3 fantasy RB?

also taylor caught more balls than swift, it's a myth he can't be used in the passing game
Henderson.
"You're a creep. You got caught.." -Dan Patrick

JohnnyBoyRoss
Rookie
Rookie

Postby JohnnyBoyRoss » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:21 pm

Mike, do you have a link to your initial report for 2020?
Team 1
.5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 Flex League 12 teams
QB: Russ, Foles, Taylor
RB: Henry, Sanders, Fournette, Mostert, Dillon, McCoy, R. Freeman
WR: OBJ, Arob, Deebo, Mike Will, Watkins, Ross, Pettis
TE:Olsen, Dissly, Ian Thomas

Team 2
.5 PPR 1QB 2RB 2WR 1TE 2 Flex League 12 teams
Qb: Roethlisberger, Tannehill, Foles, Tyrod, Trubisky, Herbert, Winston
Rb: Chubb, Drake, Dobbins, Bell, Dillon, Penny, R. Freeman
Wr: Thomas, Evans, Chark, AJ Green, Ruggs, Ross
Te: Rudolph, Thomas, Oliver

Team 3
1 PPR 1QB 2RB 3WR 1TE 1 Superflex 1 Flex 12 teams
Qb: Rogers, Mayfield, Brady
Rb: MGIII, David Johnson, Hunt, Coleman, Mostert, McKinnon, Howard, Mattison, L. Murray
Wr: Adams, Evans, Robinson, Cooks, AJG, Ruggs, J. Brown, Edelman, Van Jefferson
Te: Goedert, Ebron, Thomas, Keene

MrUbuto
Ring of Fame
Ring of Fame

Postby MrUbuto » Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:45 pm

FantasyFreak wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:09 pm
MrUbuto wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:03 pm Who is the DH you included as a bust? Derrick henry the NFL rushing champ and number 3 fantasy RB?

Henderson.
I'm pretty much captain of the "DON'T DRAFT HENEDERSON IN THE FIRST ROUND" club, but even I think it's ridiculous to call him a bust, especially now that Gurley has left
QB - DWatson(HOU)Minshew(JAX)Darnold(NYJ)
RB -NChubb(CLE)DHenry(TEN)JTaylor(IND)Gurley(ATL)
WR -DHopkins(ARI)ACooper(DAL)CGodwin(TB)OBJ(CLE)
TE - HHenry(SD)DGoeddart(PHI)
K - Zurlien(LAR)Crosby(GB)
Def - ARI DAL
[rookie] Haskins(WAS)DSwift(DET)Jefferson(MIN)MHardman(KC)
7th pick in 2021

Rosters must always be 3qbs 4wrs 4rbs 2tes 2kickers 2dst and protected players don't take up a roster spot, but are only for rookie/2nd-year players that were drafted